PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone brought this up yet?

jakegibbs
10-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The offensive game calling during the 2nd & 3rd quarters was too conservative to say the least. It seemed that on 7 consecutive offensive drives the hand off to Bradshaw on 1st down for no game played right into the Cowboys hands. Not until the Giants got behind did they throw on 1st down & that was on the drive they scored the go ahead FG.

Was that by design or what? Did anyone question TC about that in the post game interviews? Man when you get a turnover go for the juggular. Not face 2nd & 3rd & long against all out blitz. Geez get a pair of them. That's not what this offense has been doing so far this season & it almost cost them a game they should have won by at least 20 points.

Now I feel better.

giantsfan420
10-29-2012, 02:28 PM
i agree.
the only thing i could think of is maybe since we had a good lead, KG didnt want to tip his hand to the dallas d if they made a comeback and we needed a play to get into range for a fg...i dunno tho i hated the playcalling most of the game...just the routes werent even at the right depths, didnt seem like our chosen method of attack was working; intermediate over the middle pass game.

the deep ball to randle showed us something we shoulda used all game imo that is dallas secondaries weakness, big plays. we went for far too few

jakegibbs
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
i agree.
the only thing i could think of is maybe since we had a good lead, KG didnt want to tip his hand to the dallas d if they made a comeback and we needed a play to get into range for a fg...i dunno tho i hated the playcalling most of the game...just the routes werent even at the right depths, didnt seem like our chosen method of attack was working; intermediate over the middle pass game.

the deep ball to randle showed us something we shoulda used all game imo that is dallas secondaries weakness, big plays. we went for far too few

Exactly they were 1 - 1 with the deep ball & never went back to it. CRAZY in my opinion.

joemorrisforprez
10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Bradshaw was clearly not 100%....they should have leaned more on Brown, who was averaging 7 yards per carry.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Exactly they were 1 - 1 with the deep ball & never went back to it. CRAZY in my opinion.

I think there would have been more attempts on the deep ball if Eli had the time to chuck it far. So many times he threw it away before that play coudl develop...

RagTime Blue
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Ruben Randle needs to run straight ahead. Thank you.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree with the conservative play calling, as if the game was already in the bag. That is the reason why so many Giants fans get uncomfortable when we take a big lead. It happens all too often.

jomo
10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
They got way too conservative, totally agree.
Traditional wisdom has it that you have a greater chance of making a mistake in the passing game. You also stop the clock with incomplete passes. With this team and Eli at the helm, the passing game makes total sense at all times. We need to run a little to keep the D honest but it was our O that let dallas back in this game.

Gmen2005
10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I was furious when they had a chance to put them away and instead played for a field goal. I honestly thought the game was over when the Cowboys got the ball back down 5 with 2 minutes to go. This team really needs to get that killer mentality, I don't care if the other coach calls out Coughlin, you need to put teams away and this team NEVER does.

Joe Morrison
10-29-2012, 02:55 PM
They got way too conservative, totally agree.
Traditional wisdom has it that you have a greater chance of making a mistake in the passing game. You also stop the clock with incomplete passes. With this team and Eli at the helm, the passing game makes total sense at all times. We need to run a little to keep the D honest but it was our O that let dallas back in this game.
A lot of dropped passes that means a lot of clock stoppages, guys had a bad game, need to pick it up against the Steelers.

jakegibbs
10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree with the conservative play calling, as if the game was already in the bag. That is the reason why so many Giants fans get uncomfortable when we take a big lead. It happens all too often.

Only 29 pass attempts with a majority of them on 3rd down. That's way too conservative for this team. I really thought the D won this game they came up big when they absolutely had too in 4th quarter.

jakegibbs
10-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Only 29 pass attempts with a majority of them on 3rd down. That's way too conservative for this team. I really thought the D won this game they came up big when they absolutely had too in 4th quarter.

Here's some play by play

New York Giants at 9:16 NYG DAL
1st and 10 at NYG 21 A.Bradshaw up the middle to NYG 22 for 1 yard (A.Spencer; J.Hatcher).
New York Giants at 3:43 NYG DAL
2nd and 10 at NYG 24 A.Bradshaw left guard to NYG 26 for 2 yards (B.Carter).

1st and 10 at NYG 23 A.Bradshaw left guard to NYG 28 for 5 yards (J.Price-Brent).
1st and 10 at NYG 46 A.Bradshaw left guard to DAL 49 for 5 yards (D.McCray).

Here’s the game winning drive

4th Quarter Play by Play

New York Giants at 14:46 NYG DAL
1st and 10 at NYG 15 E.Manning pass deep left to H.Nicks to NYG 44 for 29 yards (M.Claiborne). Pass complete on a "SLANT" pattern.
1st and 10 at NYG 44 E.Manning pass short right to R.Randle to DAL 44 for 12 yards (B.Carr).
1st and 10 at DAL 44 A.Bradshaw left tackle to DAL 40 for 4 yards (A.Spencer).
2nd and 6 at DAL 40 E.Manning pass short right to H.Nicks pushed ob at DAL 33 for 7 yards (M.Claiborne).
1st and 10 at DAL 33 A.Bradshaw left tackle to DAL 33 for no gain (A.Spencer; B.Carter). PENALTY on NYG-W.Beatty, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 33 - No Play.
1st and 20 at DAL 43 (Shotgun) E.Manning scrambles up the middle to DAL 40 for 3 yards (J.Ratliff).
2nd and 17 at DAL 40 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short right to M.Bennett to DAL 28 for 12 yards (B.Carr).
3rd and 5 at DAL 28 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to D.Hixon to DAL 25 for 3 yards (M.Claiborne). Pass complete on a "CROSSING PATTERN."
4th and 2 at DAL 25 (Field Goal formation) L.Tynes 43 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-S.Weatherford. 26 24

B-Red22
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
yes this was brought up in every giants household yesterday.

jakegibbs
10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
yes this was brought up in every giants household yesterday.
What about the local media that covers the NYG's did they ask any questions to TC or OC or QB or anyone?

oldgiantfan
10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
The Giants left behind their attack offense for a conservative prevent offense. Weren't some on this board calling for a prevent offense in last week's game? Hmmmm..... Giants should stick to attacking and forget the run out the clock stuff.

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
10-29-2012, 03:54 PM
The Giants offense is built to Establish the pass then run. Brashaw allways gets the big runs after Eli has found his rythm and has loosend up the oppositions D. Not to mention they stay on the fieild longer and tire them out. Which keeps our defense rested. It's usually the other way around but not with the Giants......