PDA

View Full Version : Rob Ryans got us figured out.

thomsoad
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Say what you want but Dallas D once again destroyed our offense.
Hopefully we do better next year but for the rest of this year and offseason Im gonna be worred about Dallas.
Cruz and Nicks so far appear to be unable to s**** against Carr and Claiborne.
And our Oline cant do jack against mostly freakin Dallas backups.

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Not to worried about it. We shouldn't see Dallas again this season and most likely Garrett is going to get fired and unless they give the job to Ryan we may not be seeing him again for awhile.

Overdrive92
10-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Their defense is much improved. They seem to have figured out how to stop the Nicks and Cruz duo better than any other team.

We'll have an entire offseason to adjust and be ready for it next year though, since I don't think we're seeing them again this year.

drewz
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Put pressure on Manning, press Cruz and Nicks.. not rocket science..

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Let's just be thankful it's not exactly a defensive scheme that any team can copy and easily win with. It requires DBs who have good press skills and man coverage and the league isn't full of teams with multiple personnel like that.

Toadofsteel
10-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Let's just be thankful it's not exactly a defensive scheme that any team can copy and easily win with. It requires DBs who have good press skills and man coverage and the league isn't full of teams with multiple personnel like that.

Yeah but soon you'll see Philly and Washington copy that to nullify us. I forget who said it here, but there is that point that our division rivals draft specifically to beat us. All you really need is a semi-decent pass rush and corners with the talent to take away both Nicks and Cruz with at maximum 1 on 1 with safeties over the top for each.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Their defense held the Giants offense in check and their offense could have put up over 600 yards on the Giants defense if they didn't turn it over 6 times.

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah but soon you'll see Philly and Washington copy that to nullify us. I forget who said it here, but there is that point that our division rivals draft specifically to beat us. All you really need is a semi-decent pass rush and corners with the talent to take away both Nicks and Cruz with at maximum 1 on 1 with safeties over the top for each.

DRC is going to be a FA at the end of this year and I can only think that Nnamdi will get worse since he isn't exactly a young buck. Washington has some of the worst CBs in the league and since they don't have a 1st rounder in the next two drafts, they will have a tough time finding guys like Carr or Claiborne. I'm worried that Seattle and Chicago could pull it off against us if we have to go against them in the playoffs this year though.

Sarcasman
10-29-2012, 04:25 PM
They kept two safeties high and dared the Giants to run it and they couldn't. In addition they got good pressure with only 4 D-linemen. Sadly the vaunted Giant defense currently can not do either of these things.

That said, being able to design a good scheme for one team doesn't mean all that much. The Giants offense will adjust but I expect that Dallas games will remain close and tough just as they pretty much have always been.

ozzie0075
10-29-2012, 04:25 PM

Most teams don't have the personnel to play this style.

G-MENBK
10-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Nicks still isn't healthy, there were quite a few drops that should have been caught..and we used Bradshaw.

Those are your reasons why the Dallas D looked so impressive.

giantsforce
10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Nicks still isn't healthy, there were quite a few drops that should have been caught..and we used Bradshaw.

Those are your reasons why the Dallas D looked so impressive.Yeah, not to mention that it is not very difficult to figure Killdrive's play calling: Run, Run, Pass about 90% of the time. Even Fewell would have that figured out.

FrankAE
10-29-2012, 04:46 PM
They did play great press coverage all game, with Nicks cleary not 100% it was easier to double up Cruz. That was not the problem, Eli had to get rid of the ball fast almost every play. The o-line was getting good push in the middle but the pocket clasped on the outsides every play. Giants won this game, however they could have done it better it doesn't matter it's bagged now and on to the next game, and next and so on. With this secondary it's almost guaranteed we lose to packers and saints unless Nicks becomes truely 100& and has career days.
All we can hope for is our ball hawks come up big every game and we keep pulling 100+yards running.

Faded Blue
10-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Have you folks not figured it out yet? It wasn't that the Dallas D was shutting us down -- Eli just doesn't get motivated to make plays until he is down in the 4th Q. If Dallas were ahead from the start, you would have seen Eli tearing apart that defense for 400 yards. I think he just wants to make sure the fans get their money's worth!

G-MENBK
10-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, not to mention that it is not very difficult to figure Killdrive's play calling: Run, Run, Pass about 90% of the time. Even Fewell would have that figured out.

It was becoming a joke. On most of those first down plays, we kept handing it off to Bradshaw. I thought that if our receivers were having a bad day, why not surprise the Cowboys: throw it to Pascoe, Hynoski. Keep that D off-guard.

Eliscruzzz
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
When you keep going to a non existent run game on 1st and 2nd down chances are you are not going to be successful. I get it the Giants didn't want to make mistakes against that defense but when you got Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Hixon and Randle and you only throw it 29 times, that's called not making adjustments and just playing not to lose.

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Its guaranteed we lose to the packers and saints if we nicks is not 100 percent and has a career day? MY GOD HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED THIS TEAM PLAY? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS?

Have you seen one packers/ saints game all year - did you watch this week when the pack could barely get by the jags - how bout the saints getting dominated by the broncos - what are you talking about?

TheEnigma
10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm more worried about the Steelers and Falcons than the Packers and Saints right now. Pittsburgh is playing really good football these last two weeks and like most games, it's very hard to establish the run against them.

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 05:07 PM
This may be over simplistic, but until we have a ground game that makes them worry, they will have our number which is ONE dimensional

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Pitt struggled early in the year due to the same issue - they had no run game - dwyer has come in and been very physical and has run over 100 two straight weeks - gotta start by stopping him. Obviously wallace can blow the top off any coverage so healthy safeties would be nice. Brown, sanders and manuel make up for a nice core.

giant-4-life
10-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Their defense is much improved. They seem to have figured out how to stop the Nicks and Cruz duo better than any other team.

We'll have an entire offseason to adjust and be ready for it next year though, since I don't think we're seeing them again this year.

I agree. also we need to bolster our offensive line with fresh talent too. that should open up our vaunted running game.

YATittle1962
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
its less him having us figured out and more just stopping the run without stacking the box and being able to safely play coverage

any team who can stop the run keeping 2 safeties deep is not going to be easy to beat

they have good corners who compliment their pressure package .........couple that with deep safeties and a front stopping our rush

boom.....you get yesterdays game

no team is very difficult to figure out with access to film

you try to take away their strengths

BlueReign
10-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Cowboys have constantly been countering everything we've been doing. Nicks and Cruz blow up last year? Spend big money/high picks on top notch corners. Elite pass rush? Draft Linemen high. They match up extremely well against us, but not so much against anyone else. To beat the Giants, you need two lockdown man corners, and a decent pass rush. The Cowboys are the only team that can do that to us aside from the Jets with Revis. Corners like these two aren't easy to find and therefore it isn't easy to copy what the Cowboys are doing. Not to mention you couple someone with the ability of Demarcus Ware with those corners and offenses like oure are in fora long day.

Ruttiger711
10-29-2012, 06:27 PM
The eagles used to be the best at giving us fits via their defense when Jim Johnson was around, now it seems to be dallas. I'm not ready to say Ryan is the DC he was just yet though.

G-MENBK
10-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow, some of you guys are giving Dallas D too much credit.

Mercury
10-29-2012, 06:33 PM
The thing is, Dallas will not be making the playoffs this year. So we don't have to worry about them until next year. And a lot can happen between now and then, so why worry about it now?

I Bleed Blue 56
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Honestly they havent figuered out squat. Its easy if your rb doesnt do anything to play man on theWR's with safety help. If Brown or Wilson ran better the safety has to come in the box. They didnt respect our run game with good reason and played a man to man coverage all game. Gilbde sometimes to me beleives the same plays will evntually pan out.

Captain Chaos
10-29-2012, 07:02 PM
That D came to play...they didn't let their team down. On the other hand Romo and the O had a ton to do with it!

GFiP
10-29-2012, 07:24 PM
They double cover Nicks and jam the other receivers at the line. Not tough to figure out.

jaygoon
10-29-2012, 07:36 PM
our offense had one bad game and he has us figured out? some of you Giants fans are clueless. Every team has a bad game. The Saints SUCKED against the Broncos last night.

Cloud57
10-29-2012, 07:38 PM
so how do we counter them next year?

BeatYale
10-29-2012, 07:57 PM
so how do we counter them next year?

Why are so many people talking as if they know for a fact that their DB's will always have good games against our WR's from now on? I don't believe that Nicks and Cruz are doomed against this defense for the rest of their careers. Every week is a new week and there are varying levels of performance from players. Unfortunately this week our offense wasn't sharp and Dallas's defense played great. They deserve credit, however, we definitely blew some opportunities to sustain drives via dropped passes that could have dramatically changed the perception of our offense against their defense.

VBGiantsFan
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
We counter them tne same way the Patriots and Dolphins counter Rex Ryans defense:

1. A good running game can seriously neutralize them because of deep safeties

2. Go to a 2 WR set and create match up problems with a TE on an LB or safety

3. Screen passes and RB swing routes

4. Our WR actually win against their coverage

The Giants are a down field passing team. This requires time for plays to develop. If you have a good pass rush and disrupt our WR at the line, we have issues. That is why overall a runnng game is so important to beat the Ryan defense.

Whether Jason Garrett stays or not, there is no way Jerry is getting rid of Ryan.

jomo
10-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Say what you want but Dallas D once again destroyed our offense.
Hopefully we do better next year but for the rest of this year and offseason Im gonna be worred about Dallas.
Cruz and Nicks so far appear to be unable to s**** against Carr and Claiborne.
And our Oline cant do jack against mostly freakin Dallas backups.We abused them last year and split with them this year. Even in the first game we actually had a chance down the stretch despite playing poorly on both sides of the ball and Rob Ryan's got us figured out? OK

jaxnygmen
10-29-2012, 08:54 PM
They had a good plan. However their DB's got away with quite a bit. Thought we could have maybe used the screen more. Also we got away from using Bennett. Dallas play two deep at safety so something has to be open to the middle. We tried to many down and out routes instead of slant ins. Twice hixon did not get to first down marker on his route. Thought we might have pounded it a bit more.

jomo
10-29-2012, 09:00 PM
They had a good plan. However their DB's got away with quite a bit. Thought we could have maybe used the screen more. Also we got away from using Bennett. Dallas play two deep at safety so something has to be open to the middle. We tried to many down and out routes instead of slant ins. Twice hixon did not get to first down marker on his route. Thought we might have pounded it a bit more.You are right. If the zebras called holding on them like they did on Hosley, we would have been getting free first downs all game.

Tony Bruno
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM

I think in both games nicks and Cruz dropped more pass than normal... They were a lot of throws right on the money that were chain movers...

thomsoad
10-30-2012, 11:34 AM
our offense had one bad game and he has us figured out? some of you Giants fans are clueless. Every team has a bad game. The Saints SUCKED against the Broncos last night.

One?
Where were you when Dallas D shut us down first game of the season?!
All we heard was how Giants Offense laid an egg that first game and they figured out what they did wrong.
Well...apparently NOT!

thomsoad
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
We abused them last year and split with them this year. Even in the first game we actually had a chance down the stretch despite playing poorly on both sides of the ball and Rob Ryan's got us figured out? OK

First game we scored 17 points.
Our offense scored 22 points with incredibly generous field position.
Both times this season the Cowboys humiliated our WRs.
Until Eli,Cruz, and Nicks prove otherwise...they are Rob Ryans little bit@@es

giantsforce
10-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow, some of you guys are giving Dallas D too much credit.Thank you! I'd bet that 99% of the people who watch Giants games consistently, could easily figure out Killdrive's play calling.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 12:43 PM
if we had used healthy WR's who could beat single press coverage instead of "Nicked" who still can't cut or run.
or used anybody but "run rage" at tailback....Ryan wouldn't have looked near as good.
for pete's sake they didn't even have Lee in there.

Nicks and Bradshaw are not healthy and using them is detrimental to the team because
at less than 100% they are NOT AS GOOD AS THE NEXT MAN UP !!
they are both , in fact a liability due to their injuries and lack of practice.

the use of Hixon, Randle,Barden, Brown and Wilson would have made a big difference.
why shoot blanks when you have real bullets ?