PDA

View Full Version : Isn't It About Time We Start Calling This Defense " Opportunistic " ?

BlueBlitzer
10-29-2012, 05:36 PM
It's starting to look like " Stealing Candy From A Baby " with these hombres.

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
if you throw the ball 62 times your gonna have turnovers - while they racked up yardage and witten went off = the giants absolutely hammered their run gameinto oblivion - and yes the coverages were loose at times but i'll take 4 pics any day. Brown is as on fire as ive ever seen a safety. BALLHAWK. JPP is the best player in the game whenever he is on the field - incredible athlete. Tucks late sack was classically clutch but they called a questionable hold on hosley.

bigjeep
10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
It's starting to look like " Stealing Candy From A Baby " with these hombres.

Sooner or later it will catch up with them and Eli won't be able to bail them out!

brad
10-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Sooner or later it will catch up with them and Eli won't be able to bail them out!

Not sure what game you watched yesterday, but Eli wasn't bailing anyone out... in fact quite the opposite, the defense bailed out the offense for a change.

dave56dj
10-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Again if you throw 62 times you are gonna throw pics - I dont care what name you have on your back. I remember a game many years ago (first game against rams) kurt warner lit us up all game but all they did was throw and eventually the pics started to come. If you make a team one dimensional your USUALLY gonna win. That will be key against Steelers STOP DWYER. This is why pitt struggled early in the year. Eli has been great this year - but he really didn't bail the giants out at all yesterday - he was solid - not spectacular. If anything the giants causing to's bailed out the o.

BlueBlitzer
10-29-2012, 06:06 PM
When you have the secondary eating up interceptions like Ice Cream. And while JPP has now tasted the Endzone ? LOOOGOWT !!

ImElectric2
10-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I love this argument "if you're gonna throw 62 times, you're gonna have mistakes/turnovers". How many attempts did Romo have by pick #3? Answer me that one.

dave56dj
10-30-2012, 03:57 AM
Yep its a percentage thing - you will throw a certain amount and it is aggregate and it will work itself out with simple math. SO yes he threw most early - but kept throwing and throwing and eventually it led to even more.

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't know if I would call them opportunistic, they were fighting a number of things, a very good passing attack and an absolute Beast in Whitten. If you don't give props to that TE then you are missing the boat. To note, Whitten took what we gave him shorter passes, nothing big like he normally takes. Regarding the run game, they gave up 19 yards, no one in the media is even mentioning that (morons!). We need a couple guys back, first J Will is sorely missed in coverage, he is one of the best covering LBs I've seen. Two we need Hill back while I love Hosley at 5' 10" he was a little over matched with the gifted but lazy Bryant 6' 3"; think Hill would have been a better match up. That said I'm hoping the secondary learned a ton (Prince, Hosley and the rest got beat up pretty good and those are sometimes the best lessons). Also I was very sad to see Chase go down (I love the underdog) but Herz really makes me think we have our future MLB waiting in the wings; he played well when he went in.

giantsfam04
10-30-2012, 06:54 AM
When has our secondary not been lit up by Dallas its about time we give credit to them. It may be that they are good and our D doesn't match up with there wr well.

Drez
10-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Not sure what game you watched yesterday, but Eli wasn't bailing anyone out... in fact quite the opposite, the defense bailed out the offense for a change.

But what's been more the case the past season and a half, Eli and the offense bailing the defense out or the defense bailing the offense out?