PDA

View Full Version : If we continue with the Bradshaw love fest our offense will continue to suffer

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Unless Bradshaw is hot and getting production he should not be getting the bulk of the carries.

He does NOT have the speed or power that Andre Brown has... nor does he have the vision. Bradshaw is too indecisive and does not always follow his blocks. Yesterday he ran right into the defender.

When Bradshaw tries to cut it back now it's painful to watch. It's like watching the fat guy on Jurassic park try and escape from the raptors.... You know he's going to be caught.

Bradshaw running for no gain or minimal yards is SO predictable and stalls our offense which is so debilitating.

Puts us in these impossible 3rd and long situations where the defense knows we HAVE to pass and as great as Eli is he can't get us firsts every 3rd down. Also puts pressure on our receivers to make a play.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
I really want to give Wilson/Brown more chances.

Tony Bruno
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
He dances too much...

Astorian
10-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Unless Bradshaw is hot and getting production he should not be getting the bulk of the carries.

He does NOT have the speed or power that Andre Brown has... nor does he have the vision. Bradshaw is too indecisive and does not always follow his blocks. Yesterday he ran right into the defender.

When Bradshaw tries to cut it back now it's painful to watch. It's like watching the fat guy on Jurassic park try and escape from the raptors.... You know he's going to be caught.

Bradshaw running for no gain or minimal yards is SO predictable and stalls our offense which is so debilitating.

Puts us in these impossible 3rd and long situations where the defense knows we HAVE to pass and as great as Eli is he can't get us firsts every 3rd down. Also puts pressure on our receivers to make a play.

Agreed. The problem is, Brown is still not ready to become the every-down back, imo. And as for Wilson, on the one (by my count) carry he got yesterday, a sweep to the right, he looked confused, couldn't get to the edge, and lost several yards.

B&RWarrior
10-29-2012, 09:39 PM
There are no holes that is why he dances. AB is not the problem.

Flip Empty
10-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Is it week 3 again?

GameTime
10-29-2012, 09:44 PM
two weeks ago he was kicking ***......now he dances too much???

whatever.

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Where did this come from? Did you guys not see Bradshaw's 200 yard game or his 100 yard game vs the 49ers?

ShakeandBake
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm beginning to think that the OP is Jean-Claude with these bi-polar posts. One week he is all over Bradshaw, the next he sucks.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Andre Brown does not need holes to get positve yardage. He is powerful and hits the hole quick and hard. Bradshaw does not have speed anymore.

Past 2 weeks the Line was opening gaping holes and Bradshaw was running hard and following his blocks. He was not doing that vs Dallas.

If anyone thinks Bradshaw still has speed you're nuts...

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm beginning to think that the OP is Jean-Claude with these bi-polar posts. One week he is all over Bradshaw, the next he sucks.
If I'm bi-polar then you're delusional if you don't think our offense sputters when Bradshaw is getting zero production.

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 10:01 PM

whatever.

LOL! but.....this^ :(

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Bradshaw does not have speed anymore.

I don't think you mean this.

B&RWarrior
10-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Andre Brown does not need holes to get positve yardage. He is powerful and hits the hole quick and hard. Bradshaw does not have speed anymore.

Past 2 weeks the Line was opening gaping holes and Bradshaw was running hard and following his blocks. He was not doing that vs Dallas.

If anyone thinks Bradshaw still has speed you're nuts...

AB had 22 carries and Brown had 3 carries, one of which went for 14 of his 21 rushing yards. Conclusion: You saw Brown have one good run. If there are holes, as AB proved more than a few times this year, AB can be effective. I will agree that Brown is a more decisive runner, but the X factor in the success of our running game is and will always be the offensive line. Our line struggled to run block in both Dallas games this year.

JJC7301
10-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Bradshaw's my favorite player, but yep, it's time to start Andre Brown.

ShakeandBake
10-29-2012, 10:16 PM
If I'm bi-polar then you're delusional if you don't think our offense sputters when Bradshaw is getting zero production.

That's not what you have been saying at all. Obviously if he struggles the offense is going to struggle considering he is our starting running back who gets the vast majority of carries. You have been saying that he looks slow and old, alluding to the point that he doesn't belong out there. However two weeks ago when he put up 100+ against San Frans stout run defense you were praising him to high heaven, if that doesn't mirror bipolar feelings, I don't know what does.

Criticizing his play is one thing, saying he doesn't belong out there is another. Bradshaw isn't the only person on this team that you seem to have conflicting feelings about from week to week.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't think you mean this.

I absolutely do, Bradshaw last lost all his speed. he is not faster than Brown and obviously not faster than Wilson.

AB had 22 carries and Brown had 3 carries, one of which went for 14 of his 21 rushing yards. Conclusion: You saw Brown have one good run. If there are holes, as AB proved more than a few times this year, AB can be effective. I will agree that Brown is a more decisive runner, but the X factor in the success of our running game is and will always be the offensive line. Our line struggled to run block in both Dallas games this year.
Andre Brown gets yards after contact whereas Bradshaw most of the time doesn't. Bradshaw keeps his feet moving a lot but doesn't always pick up yardage because he's not a big guy regardless if he plays with a big heart.

That's not what you have been saying at all. Obviously if he struggles the offense is going to struggle considering he is our starting running back who gets the vast majority of carries. You have been saying that he looks slow and old, alluding to the point that he doesn't belong out there. However two weeks ago when he put up 100+ against San Frans stout run defense you were praising him to high heaven, if that doesn't mirror bipolar feelings, I don't know what does.

Criticizing his play is one thing, saying he doesn't belong out there is another. Bradshaw isn't the only person on this team that you seem to have conflicting feelings about from week to week.

That's exactly what I've been saying. never once did I say he looked old... I said he no longer has his speed whatsoever. Bradshaw is slow as Molasses.

When the hell did I say he doesn't belong out there? Don't put words in my mouth please. I said he should NOT be getting the bulk of the carries when he is stalling the offense every offensive series. Brown had a good run and they didn't use him again from there on out.

Bradshaw ran hard against SF, he followed his blocks, was patient and the O-line opened up gaping holes.

Bold:
Never once said he doesn't belong out there you need to reread. Conflicting feelings about who? Aside from Bradshaw, Gilbride(and rightfully so last game) and Justin Tyron(sucks).

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Lets face it there is a dilemma.

We all know Bradshaw is good. we do, we know it. But some of us want to see what Brown and Wilson got. Its tearing fandom in two. thats all...

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Is anyone going to seriously sit there and tell me that Bradshaw is faster and more powerful than Andre Brown? Bradshaw is the best RB in pass protection on our team by far but Brown is improving a lot.

I'll say again, Bradshaw would be more effective as a backup or at least splitting half the carries with Andre Brown who has a unique blend of speed and power to go along with decisive running. Andre Brown picks up yards after contact much like Lynch.(not nearly as effective but you get the point). He's a power runner and gets those tough yards. Andre Brown is also the best receiving RB we have.

Bottom line, Brown needs more of a workload.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Like I said, we have 3 #1 caliber RB's.

There is no correct answer to this, only opinions. Personally, I'd like to see Wilson. Brown too.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Lets face it there is a dilemma.

We all know Bradshaw is good. we do, we know it. But some of us want to see what Brown and Wilson got. Its tearing fandom in two. thats all...

I don't think anyone is rooting against Bradshaw. I love Bradshaw he's a great Giant but he's slowly becoming less and less effective due to injuries. He has the heart of a lion and he's strong for a little guy but his production is decreasing. Lately, very uncharacteristic of him he's been fumbling.

It's time as others have said to increase Brown and eventually Wilson's package. :rolleyes:

BigBlue1971
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
if Bradshaw doesnt start to improve i think Brown will get a heavier workload! id like to see that based on his performance when Bradshaw was injured!

Brown doesnt appear to be as tough as Bradshaw but he seems to be a better runner.

i think Bradshaw will get the start against the Steelers but if he doesnt perform we may get a change of pace with Brown!

i also hope Wilson can show some promise. i do think he will contribute down the stretch and playoffs. id like to think he will be a huge weapon.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:19 PM
cmon dont hit me with that argument. He just had a 200yd game an followed it with another 100 yd game.

I'd rather you tell me your fanship has gotten in the way, and you'd rather see Brown get a crack at it.

cant BS a BS'er!!!

BigBlue1971
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM
cmon dont hit me with that argument. He just had a 200yd game an followed it with another 100 yd game.

I'd rather you tell me your fanship has gotten in the way, and you'd rather see Brown get a crack at it.

cant BS a BS'er!!!

thats the way i feel about it!

you know its a "what have you done for me lately" league. Bradshaw runs hard but hes not an every week l00 yard rusher! in fact its been 2 weeks since he broke a 100.

TC already said he was going with the hot hand and i expect that goes from game to game!

why not just have a 2-3 headed monster? that would solve everything!

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Agreed. The problem is, Brown is still not ready to become the every-down back, imo. And as for Wilson, on the one (by my count) carry he got yesterday, a sweep to the right, he looked confused, couldn't get to the edge, and lost several yards.

Yes he was very confused. He thought there should have been teammates blocking for him. Giant RBs get 1 block every 3 runs. He should have learned that by now.

BlueOldSchool
10-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Does seem to be the issue with backs when they slow down a step. Wilson hits the hole pretty fast and you kinda wish he get more touches.

I Bleed Blue 56
10-30-2012, 12:16 AM

I noticed that sweep and what I dont understand is why everytime they seem to give Wilson his one carry for the game its always a throw instead of a handoff. LAst time I recall he got the ball handed to him up the middle he ran for a TD. Him and Brown have explosiveness off the first step and all this coaching staff is doing is benching him for that week 1 fumble. I could have sworn Bradshaw fumbled yesterday and still got a huge bulk of the carries. Its upsetting but this is a Coughlin coached team no rookie will truely shine under his regime. I love him but sometimes decisons like this are stupid beyond words.

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't think anyone is rooting against Bradshaw. I love Bradshaw he's a great Giant but he's slowly becoming less and less effective due to injuries. He has the heart of a lion and he's strong for a little guy but his production is decreasing. Lately, very uncharacteristic of him he's been fumbling.

It's time as others have said to increase Brown and eventually Wilson's package. :rolleyes:

# 1 ) I think Bradshaw's foot is giving him problems...... ( # 2 )..I always said, why does he run into brick walls ! ( # 3 ) Give Brown & Wison some Touches...............Last but not Least, Lets watch Brashaw this week with Pitt. & see how productive he is, before we pass any Judgement on him.

G-MENBK
10-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Why can't we split it between Bradshaw and Brown/Wilson?

And no, 22 rushes for one and 5 rushes for the other two is not what I consider "splitting."

gfanblue
10-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Someone a week or so back did a breakdown of backs vs percentage of carries they'd like to see. Honestly I wish brown and Wilson were the 1st and 2nd qtr main backs. With brown being phased out in the second and Wilson taking over late second qtr early third. Then when everyone's tired of chasing Wilson or picking up their mouth guard from brown smashing into them, THEN letnAB come in 4th qtr fresh and pissed off. It would work. 200 yds a game rushing for all three total. Guaranteed.

CuseGirl
10-30-2012, 01:52 AM
By the way, if anyone cares, Bradshaw's knee was in fact down before he stuck the ball over the first down line. Just took a look at the video, although I can't believe Fox didn't even show a replay of it, considering how they like to overkill replays...

veracity
10-30-2012, 04:24 AM
The Bradshaw love fest is well-deserved and can only help our offense! His blood and guts leadership by example alone makes him invaluable to the whole team. In any game at any time, even if the offense hasn't been advancing much, he can break out and provide the momentum-changing spark to get the team going.

As Coach Coughlin said after this last Cowboy win, "We have great leaders on this team". Ahmad Bradshaw is one of them!

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 06:41 AM
I think there is some evidence that Brown still carries some favor, on the short yardage goal line play they gave it to Brown and he was able to get the TD he also ran for 5 yds and 14 yds. Now I think that most would consider that success, and being a former Marine we always reinforce success (never reinforce failure). Felt they should have given Brown more running chances. With regards to Bradshaw, he got like 78 yards against a very good Dallas front, he did fine. Just felt that the distribution was off a little....

giantsfam04
10-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Bradshaw is the starter and to say he doesn't run with power is a joke. The guy has carried tacklers for extra yardage several times. Has his body worn down yes, is he the same as 07 no, but his intangibles make up for it. the guy can pass block, he's a leader and a vet that knows what to do in certain situations. This notion that we need to run the ball for hundreds of yards a game is FALSE. Its about situational running and being productive in those situations.

shane4177
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Besides the 2 big games he had.......he has been unproductive to say the least. We either need to give Brown/Wilson more touches OR let Brown start and AB come in after the defenses are worn down a bit. Don't care if I get flamed for this.......1-2 yard pick-ups are NOT getting it done.

ShakeandBake
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I absolutely do, Bradshaw last lost all his speed. he is not faster than Brown and obviously not faster than Wilson.

Andre Brown gets yards after contact whereas Bradshaw most of the time doesn't. Bradshaw keeps his feet moving a lot but doesn't always pick up yardage because he's not a big guy regardless if he plays with a big heart.

That's exactly what I've been saying. never once did I say he looked old... I said he no longer has his speed whatsoever. Bradshaw is slow as Molasses.

When the hell did I say he doesn't belong out there? Don't put words in my mouth please. I said he should NOT be getting the bulk of the carries when he is stalling the offense every offensive series. Brown had a good run and they didn't use him again from there on out.

Bradshaw ran hard against SF, he followed his blocks, was patient and the O-line opened up gaping holes.

Bold:
Never once said he doesn't belong out there you need to reread. Conflicting feelings about who? Aside from Bradshaw, Gilbride(and rightfully so last game) and Justin Tyron(sucks).

Do you know the meaning of alluding to? You said he is slow, so clearly you do not want him out there, otherwise what the hell do you mean?
You make so many knee jerk reaction type threads on game day it is hard to keep track of all of your ridiculous statements. Flip Flip some more please.

Marvelousmik
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM

whatever.

+11111111111111111

Marvelousmik
10-30-2012, 10:01 AM
bradshaw is 9th in the league in rushing and is averaging 4.5 yards a carry btw. i still would like to see a more even split between him and brown. but this thread is ridiculous.

44#1
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Bradshaw, like most good rb's needs tempo and carries that are coming consistently. You saw that in the 4th q vs Dallas and against the Browns and 49ers. Feed him the ball and he explodes. The verdict is out on Brown. He could be good or injury prone. I'm not sure he can take an every game pounding.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 10:16 AM
i would like to know why Bradshaw gets all the touches.
even back when Tiki was here we still used the thunder
and lightning multi-back system.
even when Bradshaw took over from Jacobs as the starter
BJ still got his share of touches.
now unless he's hurt or gassed for a play....Bradshaw gets all the touches.

how can Brown and Wilson get better @ pass protection if they are never out there.
it's like he is TC's teacher's pet. he can fumble , he can go bi-polar and assault his
own teammates , launch verbal abuse @ the coaching staff (including TC) and not
even get yanked for one play.if i was coughlin i would have benched is aas on the spot.

and he even gets to start when one of the biggest team rules has always been
"no practice , no play". unless your name is "plax" or "bradshaw"

anyways, i say split it up 15-5-5 between the 3 backs.
and not Bradshaw on 3rd down , as 3rd down is usually a passing down and
a good opportunity for the other 2 backs to hone their blocking skills.

dnotch121
10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
too much hopping around and not enough straight runs...our O line does their best to make a hole you need to see it n hit it. i prefer brown for right now and coach wilson along

giantsforce
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Agreed. The problem is, Brown is still not ready to become the every-down back, imo. And as for Wilson, on the one (by my count) carry he got yesterday, a sweep to the right, he looked confused, couldn't get to the edge, and lost several yards.OK. So how do Brown or Wilson get ready to become the every-down back? By sitting on the bench?

joemorrisforprez
10-30-2012, 12:34 PM

I think it's pretty simple.....if Bradshaw is unable to practice throughout the week, then the Giants need to spread the production around.

Last week, Bradshaw was a no-show for most of the week, maybe a cameo appearance on Friday, and then rushed for less than 4 yards per carry against the Cowboys, and coughed the ball up.

The Giants gave Brown 3 touches......he averaged 7 yards per carry, including a touchdown.

A few weeks back, I thought that Bradshaw was shot......I was wrong.....when Bradshaw is healthy, he's a good back.

A few weeks back, I was worried about Bradshaw being frequently injured, and less than 100%, and missing practices.......I think I'm still right about that.

Bottom line.....PRACTICE MATTERS.

joemorrisforprez
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm going to make a guarantee......if Bradshaw misses a ton of practice this week, he's going to stink against the Steelers.

If I'm wrong......if Bradshaw misses a ton of practice and pounds the rock, I promise not to post another critical Bradshaw comment for the rest of the season.