PDA

View Full Version : If The Giants Beat The Steelers

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 09:09 PM
On Sunday Night Who Do You Want To Root For The Cowboys or Falcons?

The Reason I Say This The Falcons Have #1 Seed And The Giants Are 2 Games Behind The Falcons. But The Cowboys Are 2 Games Behind Us. If The Giants Win And The Cowboys Win On Sunday Night Over Falcons, The Giants Will Be 1 Game Behind The Falcons. Obviously The Bears Are Still Ahead Of Us By 1 Game But Yea.

So That Raises The Question Do You Want To Pull For Our NFC East Rival The Cowboys To Go For The Best Record In The NFC Or Do You Want To Root For The Falcons To Get Some More Room Between Our Gap In The NFC East Lead?

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I will never ever root for any division rival. Ever.

Buddy333
10-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Is this a serious question? You root for Atlanta.

hungrrrry
10-29-2012, 09:23 PM
On Sunday Night Who Do We Root For The Cowboys or Falcons?

The Reason I Say This The Falcons Have #1 Seed And The Giants Are 2 Games Behind The Falcons. But The Cowboys Are 2 Games Behind Us. If The Giants Win And The Cowboys Win On Sunday Night Over Falcons, The Giants Will Be 1 Game Behind The Falcons. Obviously The Bears Are Still Ahead Of Us By 1 Game But Yea.

So That Raises The Question Do We Pull For Our NFC East Rival The Cowboys To Go For The Best Record In The NFC Or Should We Root For The Falcons To Get Some More Room Between Our Gap In The NFC East Lead?I don't prefer a bye in the playoffs...not the best way to stay fired up

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Change title of thread to "When We Beat The Steelers".........That is all.

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't prefer a bye in the playoffs...not the best way to stay fired upI agree, bye weeks for the playoffs=sitting in the stands early and watching the game for the Team

Drez
10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Falcons

BigBlue1971
10-29-2012, 09:28 PM

+1.

brad
10-29-2012, 09:34 PM

Usually I root for 4 teams, the Giants and whoever is playing against the Cowboays, Eagles and Redskins. That being said, if the Giants are out of the playoffs I will root for division, then conference.

While I am a Giants fan first and foremost, I enjoy football. Once your out you need to find another team to root for, and usually that is my way of picking.

Drez
10-29-2012, 09:37 PM
While that holds true 98% of the time, I can't say that's necessarily always the case for me. If a divisional foe's win helps the Giants playoff chances, then I'll root for them. But, that's the only time I'll root for a divisional foe.

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Usually I root for 4 teams, the Giants and whoever is playing against the Cowboays, Eagles and Redskins. That being said, if the Giants are out of the playoffs I will root for division, then conference.

While I am a Giants fan first and foremost, I enjoy football. Once your out you need to find another team to root for, and usually that is my way of picking.NO. SCREW THE REST OF THEM! IF WE DON'T MAKE THE SUPER BOWL, NONE OF THEM SHALL EITHER!

GIANTS: 1
DIVISION RIVALS: POOP

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 09:44 PM
While that holds true 98% of the time, I can't say that's necessarily always the case for me. If a divisional foe's win helps the Giants playoff chances, then I'll root for them. But, that's the only time I'll root for a divisional foe.SEE RANT ABOVE.

G-MANning4Life
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Exactly. And when we "root" for Atlanta, we are not rooting for them to increase their conference gap over us. We are rooting for the Cowboys to have even less of a chance at catching up to us for the possibility of taking the NFCE spot OR wildcard spot.

rainierjef
10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
On Sunday Night Who Do We Root For The Cowboys or Falcons?

So That Raises The Question Do We Pull For Our NFC East Rival The Cowboys To Go For The Best Record In The NFC Or Should We Root For The Falcons To Get Some More Room Between Our Gap In The NFC East Lead?

How about YOU! root for the cowboys.
While I! root for every team that plays against a division rival
Leave the WE! out of this.

Drez
10-29-2012, 09:53 PM
NO. SCREW THE REST OF THEM! IF WE DON'T MAKE THE SUPER BOWL, NONE OF THEM SHALL EITHER!

GIANTS: 1
DIVISION RIVALS: POOP
Drez approves of this message.

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 09:58 PM
How about YOU! root for the cowboys.
While I! root for every team that plays against a division rival
Leave the WE! out of this.

I actually don't want to root for the Cowboys to win. I hate the Cowboys Im just asking a question and I want whats best for The New York Football Giants.

I probably shouldn't have said "we' because that means in general but I don't want the Cowboys to win im just asking a question.

drewz
10-29-2012, 09:59 PM
It starts in the division bro.. why would you ever root for a division rival?

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 10:02 PM
It starts in the division bro.. why would you ever root for a division rival?

I probably shouldn't have said "we" I don't want the Cowboys to win. Im just asking a question and I want whats best for the Giants.

drewz
10-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I probably shouldn't have said "we" I don't want the Cowboys to win. Im just asking a question and I want whats best for the Giants.

The Cowboys are only 2 games behind us.. There's still 8 games to be played.. Any Giants fan would be rooting for the Eagles and Cowboys to lose as many games as possible.

It's silly to be concerned with the Falcons right now, theres no guarantee we'll win our division.

JJC7301
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
+1. I want to make certain that first and foremost that we win the division.

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
The Cowboys are only 2 games behind us.. There's still 8 games to be played.. Any Giants fan would be rooting for the Eagles and Cowboys to lose as many games as possible.

It's silly to be concerned with the Falcons right now, theres no guarantee we'll win our division.

True!

Of course I want the Cowboys & Eagles to lose as much as possible I hate both teams. Im really hoping the Giants can hold on with our schedule getting tougher and win this division.

The Falcons should beat the Cowboys anyway, they are a better team.

BuffyBlueII
10-29-2012, 10:58 PM
I want to win the division and that means I always want Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins to lose.

Not concerned about getting a bye because lets face it folks, a bye in the post season can kill momentum and if we win division but have to play in first round it more than likely will be at home.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll be a son of a btch if I ever root for Dallas.

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I want to win the division and that means I always want Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins to lose.

Not concerned about getting a bye because lets face it folks, a bye in the post season can kill momentum and if we win division but have to play in first round it more than likely will be at home.

+1

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:06 PM
The only goal in the NFL is to win the division. Until you make the playoffs, the only goal is to win the division.

The only goal in the NFL regular season is to win the division.

The first goal set out by every team every year is to win the division.

In order to win the division, kill dallas, kill philly, kill washington. Beat them. And pray they lose every game.

end of story.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-29-2012, 11:09 PM
would root for Dallas only if they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
would root for Dallas only if they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

ouch. I dont know about you guys, but I dont feel any "NFC East pride" when it comes to rooting for dallas, philly, or washington. None. I hate them.

P_Simms_#11
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
How about the Eagles/Saints game? Don't like either of them, but of course i want the Eagles to lose more than i want NO to lose.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-29-2012, 11:15 PM
How about the Eagles/Saints game? Don't like either of them, but of course i want the Eagles to lose more than i want NO to lose.

Too early to not root against our division. Eagles got hot last year. Could happen again.

Antwuan
10-29-2012, 11:15 PM

I hope the Saints destroy the Eagles I hate Eagles.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Thats easy. The saints are 2-5 and the Eagles are competing for OUR division title. Is that even a question who to root for? Not to mention they are the Eagles...

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
ouch. I dont know about you guys, but I dont feel any "NFC East pride" when it comes to rooting for dallas, philly, or washington. None. I hate them.

why the ouch? I would only root for Dallas if they were eliminated and the win for them was in the best interest for Giants. If it's a meaningless game to the Giants, I still root against the Cowboys. It's nothing to do with NFC east pride. I want the rest of them to suck.

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:17 PM
we are winning the division title By All fkin Mean Necessary this year. B.A.M.N

CowboysSuck
10-29-2012, 11:18 PM
why the ouch? I would only root for Dallas if they were eliminated and the win for them was in the best interest for Giants. If it's a meaningless game to the Giants, I still root against the Cowboys. It's nothing to do with NFC east pride. I want the rest of them to suck.

fair enough

P_Simms_#11
10-29-2012, 11:22 PM
I hope the Saints destroy the Eagles I hate Eagles.

Ditto. But I fear the pass happy Eagles may have their way with the Saints poor defense.

P_Simms_#11
10-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Thats easy. The saints are 2-5 and the Eagles are competing for OUR division title. Is that even a question who to root for? Not to mention they are the Eagles...

No, i will root for NO of course. I just meant that its harder to root for NO, than it is to root for ATL.

GiantRoc
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't prefer a bye in the playoffs...not the best way to stay fired up

Agreed. We don't have a great record off byes. Besides, it seems the more road games the better for the Giants. Also, with our schedule, the more help we get, the better.

Overdrive92
10-30-2012, 12:12 AM
You root for the Falcons and Saints. Easy.

And you root for the Panthers to beat the Skins too.

Folks, we haven't won our division yet. Until that officially happens, there's no need to wish a win upon our division foe.

BigBlue2010
10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
I'll be completely honest, the schadenfreude when Dallas loses is just too good to pass up.

pino
10-30-2012, 12:25 AM
You'll only get the top two seeds if you win your division. Using our mojo powers to help the Cowboys lowers our chances of winning the division.

Go Falcons!

G-MENBK
10-30-2012, 12:29 AM
You only root for a divisional rival when it only helps the Giants in some way.

CuseGirl
10-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Eh, I don't think its imperative for the Giants to get home field or to be the #1 seed. It's not like they can't score in a dome. And it's Atlanta. They have to prove their better than the Gmen, not the over way around. Watching Dallas lose is always fun.

GmenFan1980
10-30-2012, 02:07 AM
GO NFC SOUTH!

Saints beat Philly

Falcons beat Boys

Panthers beat Skins

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Falcons of course, there are two teams I root for: the Giants and any team playing against the cowboys!

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 07:00 AM
. What ever it takes to Win the Division !

giantsfam04
10-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Flacons, the faster the teams in our division are out of the race the better. IMO I would hate to meet the Cowboys or Eagles in the playoff, playing a division rival in the playoffs is much more difficult because of the familiarity factor and not to mention it would make there entire season if they could knock us out.

GCGiant
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
All this rooting makes me want a Barq's root beer in the bottle...

stormblue
10-30-2012, 09:12 AM
the only team with a winning record left on Atlanta's schedule is the Giants.
they need another loss before we beat them for their 2nd loss to gain an advantage
over them for a #1 or #2 seed.
although some people don't care if we get a bye , history shows that 1 and 2 seeds
have won the superbowl 15 of the 22 superbowls since 1990 when the NFL went
to the 6 seed playoff format.
and even though the Giants have been the road warrior anomaly 2 times , the truth is
the 2 top seeds get a week off to heal and a guaranteed home game after the bye.

superbowl winners by seed since the the new format began in 1990.

#1 - nine
#2 - six
#3 - one
#4 - three
#5 - one
#6 - two

as you can see the #1 and #2 seeds have an enormous advantage
and you don't want the #3 seed as they are snakebit.

as much as it hurts to say it ; GO COWBOYS

B-Red22
10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
dumbest question I have seen on here in awhile, you pull for the falcons, there is nothing to think about this point in the season

GCGiant
10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes...you want the rest of the division losing every game possible so the Philly game is a day of rest. Meeting the Failclowns in the Georgiadome for the NFCCG does not scare the bejeezus out of me.

merritt
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
You saw what happens when we don't put a team down early right? Let's put as much distance between us and the other division as possible. We have a tough schedule ahead.

FrankAE
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Atlanta losing does nothing to help the Giants, cowboys losing puts them further behind. Enough said.

FBomb
10-30-2012, 10:49 AM

THIS......even if it's in the Giants best interest I can never bring myself to actually root for any of them!!

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM
This is getting very complicated, We need the Eisenstein of Football, to sort this out ! Because I don't have the right Answer ! WHO DOES ?

jimsgints
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
+1.
+1 +1

NMGiantsFan
10-30-2012, 04:12 PM
the only team with a winning record left on Atlanta's schedule is the Giants.
they need another loss before we beat them for their 2nd loss to gain an advantage
over them for a #1 or #2 seed.
although some people don't care if we get a bye , history shows that 1 and 2 seeds
have won the superbowl 15 of the 22 superbowls since 1990 when the NFL went
to the 6 seed playoff format.
and even though the Giants have been the road warrior anomaly 2 times , the truth is
the 2 top seeds get a week off to heal and a guaranteed home game after the bye.

superbowl winners by seed since the the new format began in 1990.

#1 - nine
#2 - six
#3 - one
#4 - three
#5 - one
#6 - two

as you can see the #1 and #2 seeds have an enormous advantage
and you don't want the #3 seed as they are snakebit.

as much as it hurts to say it ; GO COWBOYS

Giants are responsible for winning one those #4's and one of those #5's. We were also knocked out of the playoffs with a #1.

I can't root for the other NFCE teams. Just can't. In the rare case, late season, where a lame duck nfce team can positively impact us, I susually don't watch the game.

Heck I won't even play NFCE players (aside from Giants) in my fantasy league.

Eliscruzzz
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Lmao it is the Falcons. Who cares about the best record in the NFC, we need to have the best record in the NFC east.

harrycarson
10-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Fellas we got to get Atlanta out of the and into met life where we own them.....

Parademon
10-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Let Atlanta have the #1 seed. How'd that turn out for Dallas in 07' us in 08' & GB last yr? I want us to win the NFCE, get a # 2 or # 3 seed & host the divisional rd & hopefully host the NFCCG, if not then we win it on the rd vs whomever.

Hessian
10-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Agreed. Ever.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 11:52 PM
so to summarize , even though the 1 and 2 seeds win the superbowl 68% of the time.

most of you would rather settle for the 3 seed with a mere 4% probability of winning the superbowl......

just to make Dallas fall 3 games behind us instead of just 2 games.

boy , they really , really , REALLY scared you this past sunday didn't they.

eet mor chikkin.....i guess.

Hessian
10-30-2012, 11:56 PM
so to summarize , even though the 1 and 2 seeds win the superbowl 68% of the time.

most of you would rather settle for the 3 seed with a mere 4% probability of winning the superbowl......

just to make Dallas fall 3 games behind us instead of just 2 games.

boy , they really scared you didn't they.

eet mor chikkin.....i guess.

Are your numbers finite? I'm guessing not since its week 9. Ask again at a later date. How would Han Solo reply to this? Where in the **** is C3PO?

BlueSanta
10-31-2012, 12:12 AM
I would prefer the Giants win their game but other than that if you truly want what is best for the Giants, you do not hope another NFC east team wins. It is unlikely we have 2 teams from the NFC east make the playoffs this year.

Cool Papa B.
10-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't like bye's in the playoffs. I think it kills momentum and makes a team a little soft. I'm definitely rooting for the Falcons this week. The only time I root for a NFCE team is if it benefits the Giants.

MikeyMike01
10-31-2012, 01:17 AM
That being said, if the Giants playoffhe playoffs I will root for division, then conference.

So you'd root for the Cowboys if they were in the playoffs?

What?!

ashleymarie
10-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Rooting for the Cowpatties would be akin to eating a doggy doo burger. I just can't. Never.

Moke
10-31-2012, 01:34 AM
I want to root for Atlanta because I think they are overhyped and they are just getting hot at the wrong time.

GO ATLANTA! Can't wait to beat you again!

BurnerNYG
10-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Some of you guys sound like little kids. "I'll never root for a division rival"! If it's gonna help us in the long run, I'll root for em. Also I hate undefeated teams. When The Cowgirls was playing the Saints years back on Thanksgiving, I was rooting for em. I have a hard time rooting for Philly though... I want them to lose every time they take the field no matter what.

Now to the poster that said, he needs a second team to root for when the Giants are out of it. I wish I could say the same but no team excites me like The Gmen... I try but it just puts me to sleep. I'm a fan of duel threat QB's (good ones though) because they add excitement but otherwise the NFL gets real boring when the Giants are not in it. I start focusing on basketball.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 02:11 AM
to be honest ....i am quite proud of the fact that 25% of all the Lombardy trophies are right here in the NFC EAST
yes if the Giants are not in the superbowl i will always root for the NFC team.
if the Giants are not in the playoffs , then i would happily root for any NFC EAST team in the playoffs.

i like being a part of the toughest , Superbowl winningest division in history.

yes if not me my brother
if not my brother one of my closest friends
if not friend then someone on my block.
if not block...then my hood
if not my hood then my bourough/county....on and on

there's nothing wrong with division pride.
who would you root for , some Urlacher Lager.....a discount double check....Rothlis BUGGAR.
or how about CAM or RG3 or maybe even ride the big easy Breesy.

bullsh!t. root your own hood ya bunch 'o hairless acorns.

Phil Simms tells the story about comin' through the tunnel and out onto the field
in a playoff implicating game at RFK and the fans were going totally berzerk at the
Giants with slurs and boos and stomping and screaming that were 5 times as loud as they
cheered for the skins.

"you see Phil" Parcells said " they hate us so bad that they love us "
now that's what i'm talkin' about NFC EAST pride , if you don't have any
then go hang out with ATL and Tampa and such,
yes , i root for my division , and damn proud of it.

what a bunch of spineless maroons
eet mor chikken.

GiantX
10-31-2012, 04:09 AM
Atlanta all the way I could never root for the cowgirls.

stormblue
11-02-2012, 05:31 AM
i will now show you when EVERY ONE OF YOU ROOTED FOR THE EAGLES !!

next to last game last year Eagles vs Cowboys.
a Cowboys win would have eliminated the Giants from the playoffs
every last one of you were rooting for the eagles.

and if you still want ATL to win , it don't really matter , there gonna lose to Dallas anyway.
stone - cold - lead - pipe - dead - lock - of - the - week.....you heard it here first.

Giantfan #10
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
FALCONS

BillTheGreek
11-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Flacons, the faster the teams in our division are out of the race the better. IMO I would hate to meet the Cowboys or Eagles in the playoff, playing a division rival in the playoffs is much more difficult because of the familiarity factor and not to mention it would make there entire season if they could knock us out.

+1

BillTheGreek
11-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Atlanta losing does nothing to help the Giants, cowboys losing puts them further behind. Enough said.

+1 + 1 = 2

MikeyMike01
11-02-2012, 11:52 PM
who would you root for , some Urlacher Lager.....a discount double check....Rothlis BUGGAR.
or how about CAM or RG3 or maybe even ride the big easy Breesy.

I'd root for the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Panthers, Redskins or Saints over the Eagles any day. Without question.

i will now show you when EVERY ONE OF YOU ROOTED FOR THE EAGLES !!

next to last game last year Eagles vs Cowboys.
a Cowboys win would have eliminated the Giants from the playoffs
every last one of you were rooting for the eagles.

That game didn't matter one way or the other. Either way the winner of Week 17 was the division champion. So no, I wasn't rooting for the Eagles.