PDA

View Full Version : 49ers offense vs Giants offense

TheAnalyst
10-29-2012, 09:16 PM
No need to point out the fact we beat them 26 to 3. Their offense was vs our defense. I am watching this Monday night game and seeing how they use their offense and how much better it is utilized then ours. It's really night and day. For example, a 3rd and 1 near the red zone, and they put Frank Gore and Hunter in the backfield split. They send a wr in motion like it may be a reverse handoff to the wr, but instead it is a.straight handoff to Gore up the gut for like 10 yards because the defense is confused. Isn't that better then a 20 yard pass from Eli incomplete forcing us to kick a fg? Better then a shotgun draw everyone and their mama knows is coming? I would like to see something like that with Bradshaw and Brown or Wilson back there. Something new not on tape. Gilbrides lack of creativity is really hurting the offense in the redzone. Yeah, we hit more big plays then most teams through the air, but I think teams like Dallas show if they kill the passing attack, which isnt an easy task, then our offense collapses. No misdirection, no surprise. And where are the quick slants?Just wanted to get that off my chest. I know we score a ton of points, but this team seems paralized in the redzone. Same couple of plays over and over and over.

brad
10-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Our offense lives and dies with the big play. That leads to problems in the red zone as well as converting 3rd downs. Don't get me wrong, I love the offense when it is working, but like you would like to see them work some slants in to help the receivers against physical corners and throw in some 2 tight end sets to help the run game. They could then build on that to pull up safeties and take those downfield shots.

ggrammas
10-29-2012, 11:47 PM
No need to point out the fact we beat them 26 to 3. Their offense was vs our defense. I am watching this Monday night game and seeing how they use their offense and how much better it is utilized then ours. It's really night and day. For example, a 3rd and 1 near the red zone, and they put Frank Gore and Hunter in the backfield split. They send a wr in motion like it may be a reverse handoff to the wr, but instead it is a.straight handoff to Gore up the gut for like 10 yards because the defense is confused. Isn't that better then a 20 yard pass from Eli incomplete forcing us to kick a fg? Better then a shotgun draw everyone and their mama knows is coming? I would like to see something like that with Bradshaw and Brown or Wilson back there. Something new not on tape. Gilbrides lack of creativity is really hurting the offense in the redzone. Yeah, we hit more big plays then most teams through the air, but I think teams like Dallas show if they kill the passing attack, which isnt an easy task, then our offense collapses. No misdirection, no surprise. And where are the quick slants?Just wanted to get that off my chest. I know we score a ton of points, but this team seems paralized in the redzone. Same couple of plays over and over and over.

Man, you are right on the mark- and perfect example cited by you - the big play offense will eventually kill us- look at all the FG's versus TD's
In one of the FG's we ran two running plays then an incomplete pass- the first running play was that stupid draw with Manning and Bradshaw standing like statues - it is enough to make you want to choke Kilbride

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Saw the play that you are talking about, thought it interesting how they ran it, nice wrinkle!