PDA

View Full Version : Chase Blackburn Hamstring Injury May Cue Mark Herzlich Era For Giants

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/29/...w-york-giants/ (http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/29/chase-blackburn-hamstring-injury-may-cue-mark-herzlich-era-for-new-york-giants/)

Excerpt: "Chase Blackburn was one of several New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants who left yesterday’s game with an injury, and while the severity of Antrel Rolle (http://www.giants101.com/tag/antrel-rolle/)’s head injury andKeith Rivers (http://www.giants101.com/tag/keith-rivers/)’ calf injury is yet to be determined, it seems pretty clear that Blackburn will miss a few games at least. Enter Mark Herzlich (http://www.giants101.com/tag/mark-herzlich/), second-year middle linebacker.

Between Blackburn pounding the ground in frustration before even getting up and slow rolling it to the locker room without even trying to stretch it out, it seems like Herzlich is in line for at least a few starts." Read more...

Rudyy
10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Next man up!

brad
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Hate to see CB go down, but Herz is going to finally get the chance so many wanted him to get. I am sure he will step up and do well...

GameTime
10-29-2012, 10:41 PM
well.....here we go.

Shockeystays08
10-29-2012, 10:53 PM
There is a lot to like and admire about CB. He sets the defense is tough as nails and has made a number of key plays for us. But he is slow as an ox and we gotta upgrade there to be a top defense. I am pulling for Herz to be the man and I think he's up to the task.

drewz
10-29-2012, 10:54 PM
He looked good on that one play he was in on.. sniffed out the screen before Romo even threw it

BigBlue1971
10-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Herz has a motor and is a motivator with his play!

sorry to see Chase go down but it does give Herz a chance to make a statement!

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Will the play callng default to Boley?

GameTime
10-29-2012, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=RoanokeFan;559274]Will the play callng default to Boley?[/QUOTE

hope not...
only for the fact that Herz has to be the whole package......Get it done kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
10-29-2012, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=RoanokeFan;559274]Will the play callng default to Boley?[/QUOTE

hope not...
only for the fact that Herz has to be the whole package......Get it done kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just talking about the immediate future. Boley has done it, I don't think Herzlich has and I see this as an upgrade athletically speaking

JJC7301
10-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Hate to see CB go down, but Herz is going to finally get the chance so many wanted him to get. I am sure he will step up and do well...
This is going to be a big blow. I believe that Fewell was referring to Chase as the QB of the D recently, which the mike usually is.

Hate to be pessimistic, but I don't think that a 2nd year player like Herz, and one who lost considerable playing time in college due to cancer, is going to be ready to step in at the mike position without our D taking a big hit. Hope I'm wrong.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 01:16 AM
PUUUHHHHHLLLEEEEEEESSSSSSSSEEEEEEE

BLACKBURN IS OUR MLBer like it or.........I dont think they even put in Herzlich after Blackburn went out

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Herz will make some nice stops against the run, but he'll likely be a liability in pass coverage.

JB456
10-30-2012, 01:38 AM
This is going to be a big blow. I believe that Fewell was referring to Chase as the QB of the D recently, which the mike usually is.

Hate to be pessimistic, but I don't think that a 2nd year player like Herz, and one who lost considerable playing time in college due to cancer, is going to be ready to step in at the mike position without our D taking a big hit. Hope I'm wrong.

Hahaha, for all the people who were wondering when Herzlich would take over for Balckburn, this is what you get. Now I have major respect for Herz due to what he has had to overcome but this is a major downgrade. Like you, I am bummed and hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

GiantRoc
10-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Herz will make some nice stops against the run, but he'll likely be a liability in pass coverage.

Why do you think this? Do you think he will be out if position do to slow reads? I think the kid moves better than Chase.

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 07:53 AM
I think Herz is more athletic, I can't wait to see him in action!

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Should be interesting.......I'm sure Herzlich has learned a few things from watching Blackburn operate

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
PUUUHHHHHLLLEEEEEEESSSSSSSSEEEEEEE

BLACKBURN IS OUR MLBer like it or.........I dont think they even put in Herzlich after Blackburn went out

Yes they did

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Why do you think this? Do you think he will be out if position do to slow reads? I think the kid moves better than Chase.

Lack of experience.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 01:16 PM

in the encyclopedia next to the definition of "liability in pass coverage" is a photo of Chase Blackburn.
he couldn't cover rock with paper.

Atomic1
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Tell that to the Patriots after last years SB. Things aren't always as they appear. Sometimes guys might not be as fast, strong etc.... but they are always around the ball making plays. Stevie Brown is a perfect example. I hope Herz can get the job done but he has a lot to learn.

joemorrisforprez
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Physically......Herzlich > Chase.

Mentally........Chase > Herzlich.

Net result: Giants defense will suffer without Chase, at least in the short term.

Tmurda1984
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Well most of these ignorant fans got their wish. Blackburn is very underappreciated around this organization...he shouldnt have even came back to help us win that superbowl. Before Blackburn was here, we had alot of problems in defense and coverage problems. Against the Redskins last week, Blackburn led the team in tackles that week and forced a huge fumble...after Blackburn got hurt Witten absolutely destroyed us, and thanks to Dez Bryant's fingers we wouldnt had won that game. Some of you fans got alot of nerve even saying that Herzlich and Rivers is better than Blackburn and that Blackburn is a liability. And thank god, Hines Ward isnt on the field next week, because Rivers would be suffering from PTSD before kickoff.

zimonami
10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm a big Chase supporter. Without his veteran savvy and leadership last year, we don't win the Bowl.
Now it's time for Herz to step up. If he can help make a few big plays early, it would be a big help to his psyche/confidance.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 03:38 PM
How long do they expect Blackburn to be out for.......we have a bye coming up soon........I'm not worried about Pittsburgh and Cincinnati

drewz
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
How long do they expect Blackburn to be out for.......we have a bye coming up soon........I'm not worried about Pittsburgh and Cincinnati

No one knows.. but it didn't look like your typical hammy pull.. he looked like he was in a lot of pain and Chase is a tough guy

zimonami
10-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Pitt handled the Skins... how can you not be concerned?

GiantRoc
10-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Lack of experience.

I can accept that. There's a great way to get experience though. I think that can get coached up. I'm sure it will be too. Rapistburger likes to throw to the TE.

GiantRoc
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM

They way we play at times, I worry about every game. Usually until the clock is 0:00. We need to keep winning and Pitt is a tough game. I hope that brings out the best in us again. I want the D-Line to CRUSH Rapistburger!

Martyr
10-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Pitt handled the Skins... how can you not be concerned?

The only thing im concerned about is Pitts a good team, they dont play the Redskins twice a year. Division games are alway a dog fight, I wouldnt look at the Steeler & Redskin game to compare.

Now on to Herzilla, It should be something to watch. I know every Giants fan will have their eyes on him. I hope he does well and maybe quiet some of the doubters but if he doesnt play well enough I support the Giants playing someone else.

rtr1105
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Herzlich's story is great. Hopefully he could perform well in Blackburn's absence. Even while Chase is out his presence on the sideline will be good for the team. He could be a good mentor to Herz.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 07:12 PM
CB is ranked 47th of 49 by PFF @ a score/rating of minus -13.5

Sean Lee was ranked 5th with a score/rating of plus + 12.1

Willis and D Ryans top it @ plus + 13.7

Hertz is plus + .8 only him and J will @ + 2.1 have a positive score.....yup Kiwi sucks too , minus - 2.9

Blackburn is a nice guy......he is not a nice player.

@plus + 2.1 J Will is the only LB we have that doesn't have a negative rating.

stop fighting the next man up when it is to our benefit.

and as far as LB's go , he can't be much worse.

Herz is just as good a feel good story as Chase is.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I do not pretend to know what your rating system means or if it indeed means much at all........please do not bore me with the details

I know that since Chase hase returned we have done nothing but win win win win .........prior to his return it was brutal at MLBer and on D overall

Once the larger more muscular Chase went out Witten ran wild.......I went back and looked at the tape.....Witten pushes off like nobodies business.....against Chase this tactic did not work very well........once Chase went out Witten had his way with whoever was put on him

stormblue
10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
it means he can't cover and he doesn't make the tackle until the running back has
reached the 2nd level.
his limited success was due to the fact that he at least knew the playbook.
that was all.
somebody out there who understands what the radio helmet is saying is better
than nobody.
he has been the so-called QB of that out of position blown coverage can't get
off the field unless the other team coughs it up defense you have been watching all year.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:41 PM
it means he can't cover and he doesn't make the tackle until the running back has
reached the 2nd level.
his limited success was due to the fact that he at least knew the playbook.
that was all.
somebody out there who understands what the radio helmet is saying is better
than nobody.
he has been the so-called QB of that out of position blown coverage can't get
off the field unless the other team coughs it up defense you have been watching all year.

Go root for the Jets........Blackburn is a Giants WARRIOR........take your deluded stats with you....I've seen him lead the team in tackles, run the D and break 40 yds downfield to take a ball away from Frankenstein Gronkowski........STATS ARE FOR LOSERS. Your pathetic attempt to cast doubt on Blackburn will win you few friends amongst Giants fans....Truly a PATHETIC argument

If Chase is making tackles at the 1st level he should be a DT.........Chase recently clobbered a QB on a blitz....tell that guy he was "in the 2nd level"

PS- what do your stats tell you about Herzlich's performances as Giants MLBer

stormblue
10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Go root for the Jets........Blackburn is a Giants WARRIOR........take your deluded stats with you....I've seen him lead the team in tackles, run the D and break 40 yds downfield to take a ball away from Frankenstein Gronkowski........STATS ARE FOR LOSERS. Your pathetic attempt to cast doubt on Blackburn will win you few friends amongst Giants fans....Truly a PATHETIC argument

If Chase is making tackles at the 1st level he should be a DT.........Chase recently clobbered a QB on a blitz....tell that guy he was "in the 2nd level"

you think the occasional great play makes up for all the bad ones. they don't
when chase got injured dallas was already on the 20 yard line going in for the go ahead TD.
the giants yielded no more points after that. so except for the last 20 yards , he was MLB for the whole comeback.

PS- what do your stats tell you about Herzlich's performances as Giants MLBer

when chase got injured dallas was already on the 20 yard line going in for the go ahead TD.
the giants yielded no more points after that. so except for the last 20 yards , he was MLB for the whole comeback.

and Herzlich is rated only slightly above 0 @ .8
but he has a very small body of work.......so who knows , we will have to wait and see.

and as far as those stats go they are ratings by PFF (Pro Football Focus) who make their
living doing this kind of research/evaluation.and are used for facts and stats by many posters
with higher street cred than me.

i don't claim to be an expert , but these guys are good enough to get paid for it.
just because you like Chase does not make him a good MLB.
what part of 47th out of 49 do you not understand. he sucks.
P Willis is at one end of the Rate-o-Meter and Chase is at the other end.is that clear enough for ya.

if Hertz bags out , your BFF will be back.....stats be danmed.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM

and Herzlich is rated only slightly above 0 @ .8
but he has a very small body of work.......so who knows , we will have to wait and see.

and as far as those stats go they are ratings by PFF (Pro Football Focus) who make their
living doing this kind of research/evaluation.and are used for facts and stats by many posters
with higher street cred than me.

i don't claim to be an expert , but these guys are good enough to get paid for it.
just because you like Chase does not make him a good MLB.
what part of 47th out of 49 do you not understand. he sucks.

if Hertz bags out , your BFF will be back.....stats be danmed.

With Stats like that they should re-name themselves PRO Football Circus LOL........time will tell my fine friend

and please do not change the subject.....I was refering to Witten manhandling whoever they put in front of him after Chase left.........Witten pushes off like a Gorilla.........it takes another one to stop him

stormblue
10-30-2012, 08:18 PM
With Stats like that they should re-name themselves PRO Football Circus LOL........time will tell my fine friend

and please do not change the subject.....I was refering to Witten manhandling whoever they put in fornt of him after Chase left.........Witten pushes off like a Gorilla.........it takes another one to stop him

yeah , you win anyways triple7 , all this typing has placed my one typing finger on IR.

had a good time raggin' on ya though.....peace.

by the way , they charge me 27 dollars a year for the subscription , so i gotta
throw a stat or two out there every now and then to get my money's worth !!

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 08:24 PM
PFF stats rate each player on every play. With CB, they confirm what my eyes have been seeing all year. He is AWFUL against the run, can't get off blocks, and misses many tackles. That being said, he makes enough game changing plays (forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, passes picked, sacks) to still be beneficial to the Giants.

nycisgreat
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Herz has a motor and is a motivator with his play!

sorry to see Chase go down but it does give Herz a chance to make a statement!

Hopefully, he does better this time around because we all know that wasn't the case last year.

speedman
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Pitt handled the Skins... how can you not be concerned? If we had a dc that knew what he was doing we would have handled the skins much better.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
PFF stats rate each player on every play. With CB, they confirm what my eyes have been seeing all year. He is AWFUL against the run, can't get off blocks, and misses many tackles. That being said, he makes enough game changing plays (forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, passes picked, sacks) to still be beneficial to the Giants.

sounds like these geniuses are the same ones who rated Stevie Brown as a back up Saftey and unspectacular ST player......I really have no faith in Experts as even those picking games are wrong more than half the time

I believe what MY eyes are telling me, and you are what your record says you are..........take a look at the Giants pre-Blackburn and post-Blackburn
enough said

TheEnigma
10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
STATS ARE FOR LOSERS.

take your deluded stats with you

I've seen him lead the team in tackles

Huh?

CowboysSuck
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Blackburn WILL be missed. Just watch closely...

I'm not saying Herz wont/cant get it done, but there will definitely be a learning curve

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Huh?

This Gentleman and I use the term loosely was trying to convince me he had found some stats from some clown ratings system (that rates every play by every players, give me a break) he actually pays money for that shows Chase Blackburn is the worst MLBer in the NFL

ROTFL is my response to that..........you are wasting your money son.......Ernie Accorsi once famously said the value of a QB was mostly in the cranium
Chase has that and a brutal way of handling opponents to go with it....and a nose for the ball

Its no coincidence his insertion has shot us to the top of the NFL in his words "I came back and found a disorganized and disheartened defense"

stormblue
10-31-2012, 04:07 AM
nope , you were responding to moosedrool ......i dropped out awhile ago.
but you need to read the whole thread Enigma .... or not

but , Triple7 ,as long as you dragged me back in , it would be "un-gentlemanly' (and as you said , loosely)
to not respond in kind.
but i must say if Blackburn actually said that sh!t then he is not only reading his own press
he is also writing and publishing it . pure fiction , i might add.

are you really calling that chinese fire-drill back there posing as a back 7 "organized" ??!!!
and if Chase is claiming credit for that 500 yard per game surrendering bunch 'o keystone cops.....
then i have no recourse but to give him the full credit he is due !!

ROFLMAO... or idk or bff or whatever you gangnam stylers text each other.