PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw has been UNIMPRESSIVE

shane4177
10-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Guy is not getting it done........don't care if I get flamed for this comment. Give the rock to Brown/Wilson more.......or let AB come in after Brown wears down the D a bit.

Marvelousmik
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

clawwolf
10-30-2012, 11:11 AM
awesome.

FBomb
10-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I would like to see Brown get the rock more. It will at least give us some idea if it IS Bradshaw and not the line that's holding back this running game. i hate not being able to run the ball.

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I would change unimpressive to inconsistent.

TheAnalyst
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
9th in the NFL @ a 4.5 ypc clip is not unimpressive, especially when you consider our style of offense and the state of our Oline to start the year. AB has been running a lot better recently, behind a better Oline. Why can't people truly see this kid. I don't get it. Did you see him running with 5-6 guys on his back carrying them last game? I did. He gives it his all and is a solid RB. Brown and Wilson are great complements to him right now.

My only issue with him is he can't stay healthy. But realize this, in 2010, in a meaningless, week 17 game, he ran up and down the field on 2 broken bones in his feet and a sprained ankle (or 2). That's a team player right there. If we had some Bradshaw type personalities on our defense, we would be one of the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL.

clawwolf
10-30-2012, 11:21 AM
9th in the NFL @ a 4.5 ypc clip is not unimpressive, especially when you consider our style of offense and the state of our Oline to start the year. AB has been running a lot better recently, behind a better Oline. Why can't people truly see this kid. I don't get it. Did you see him running with 5-6 guys on his back carrying them last game? I did. He gives it his all and is a solid RB. Brown and Wilson are great complements to him right now.

My only issue with him is he can't stay healthy. But realize this, in 2010, in a meaningless, week 17 game, he ran up and down the field on 2 broken bones in his feet and a sprained ankle (or 2). That's a team player right there. If we had some Bradshaw type personalities on our defense, we would be one of the greatest defenses in the history of the NFL.

+1 THANK YOU.

44#1
10-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Ahmad has helped win two rings and he's getting torched for being the 9th leading rusher in the NFL after missing two games. Outside of the division, 22 carries for him is 100+ a game. Divisional teams know tendencies too well making it hard to pass and run against.

FBomb
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM

Like Rudy said.....it's a poor choice of words. Inconsistant is a better term.......but that can describe our entire offense.

BlueReign
10-30-2012, 11:25 AM
AB has helped the Giants win 2 SuperBowls. He is the heart/fire of this team. He plays every week even though he is constantly injured. He is one of the few players in the NFL that seems to care as much as the fans do. Oh and he's running for 4.5 YPC. Now tell me, who's unimpressive again?? He's earned the right to remain in Blue as long as he'd like. As Stephen A would say, don't be so disrespectful!

Rudyy
Like Rudy said.....it's a poor choice of words. Inconsistant is a better term.......but that can describe our entire offense.Hell to the yes.

Rudyy
AB has helped the Giants win 2 SuperBowls. He is the heart/fire of this team. He plays every week even though he is constantly injured. He is one of the few players in the NFL that seems to care as much as the fans do. Oh and he's running for 4.5 YPC. Now tell me, who's unimpressive again?? He's earned the right to remain in Blue as long as he'd like. As Stephen A would say, don't be so disrespectful!Well it's nice that he continues to play through injuries, but I think that's hurting him more than it's helping him at this point. He's missing practices and it's affecting his game.

BlueReign
10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Well it's nice that he continues to play through injuries, but I think that's hurting him more than it's helping him at this point. He's missing practices and it's affecting his game.
But at the same time guys like him need to be fed to keep the fire going. He provides so much more to this team than his stats say.

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM
But at the same time guys like him need to be fed to keep the fire going. He provides so much more to this team than his stats say.I love Ahmad Bradshaw to death, that guy is the heart and soul of this team but I think David and Andre should get a chance. Ahmad can't get it done every single week. It's not a knock on his passion or his play, it's just what it is.

jimsgints
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
You know Gore hasn't been getting it done either, kinda doubt his fans are doubting him.

drewz
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
People are idiots if they are thinking Bradshaw should be benched.. but I do think Brown should be getting a 50/50 split. Bradshaw is too valuable on passing downs

OrangeGiant
10-30-2012, 04:08 PM
I love Bradshaw's heart and fire, but if this is really going to be a two RB offense (or even 3), then lets see both RB's get the ball a bit more equally, that is all I ask. This team ran the ball the best a couple years ago when Jacobs was the starter and Bradshaw came in off the bench. Like F-bomb said, lets really see if it's the o-line that is the issue. We really don't know as Bradshaw is getting most of the carries. Andre Brown had 3 carries against Dallas for 21 yards. I understand there are concerns with his pass blocking, but I think he should get a few more carries, play him for a series or two and see what happens. You can't expect a RB to be productive putting him in for one play and taking him out. Plus doesn't it make sense that with Bradshaw's recurring foot issues to give Brown (or even Wilson) more carries?

BigBlue1971
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Bradshaw is a great rb for us! i mean hes got heart and runs tough! but he does struggle at times not necessarily to the point of being benched!

maybe he calls his own number in terms of playing time but if i was TC id overrule him sometimes to get Brown some touches.

on Sunday when Brown ran he seemed more fluid and faster!

i think Wilson will contribute favorably down the stretch!

pino
10-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Our running game is just not consistant, but neither is our passing game so maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm not going to blame Bradshaw, but I would like to see Brown more.

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
I would like to see Brown get the rock more. It will at least give us some idea if it IS Bradshaw and not the line that's holding back this running game. i hate not being able to run the ball.

You doubt my expert assessment? Pfffftttttttt :p

tcseacliff
10-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Like Rudy said.....it's a poor choice of words. Inconsistant is a better term.......but that can describe our entire offense.

I think he meant to say it was BUSH'S fault! man is a beast! any given sunday.

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
People are idiots if they are thinking Bradshaw should be benched.. but I do think Brown should be getting a 50/50 split. Bradshaw is too valuable on passing downs

No one has said "benched."

gmen0820
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Would have been nice to have Jacobs back for yesterday. He blew most of the time, but you could always depend on him to run hard in Jerry's palace.

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I think that foot injury is slowing him up ! Lets face it, he does not practice most of the week ! Maybe one or 2 days. Let Brown & Wilson, do most of the Touches.....and now & then put AB in, until his foot heals ! This Sunday would be a good Test !

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 05:49 PM
not saying he's awful.......just awful tired of his off games, and inability to get 1st downs when they are crucial

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I think that foot injury is slowing him up ! Lets face it, he does not practice most of the week ! Maybe one or 2 days. Let Brown & Wilson, do most of the Touches.....and now & then put AB in, until his foot heals ! This Sunday would be a good Test !

His feet are what they are and aren't going to "heal"

stormblue
10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
hate to say it , but we need the cap room ...and it happens to us all eventually.

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Brown is 3rd in the NFL in yards after contact, Bradshaw 14th. If you watch Brown put NT Jay Ratliff on the ground and gain 14 yards I don't see how anyone can justify he only get 3 carries like he did last game.

CowboysSuck
10-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Regardless of anything, Wilson needs the ball. I hate how this team just discards #1 picks their rookie year. Who was the last #1 pick had that made an immediate impact? Eli? JPP....slightly? I mean really...its embarassing.

CowboysSuck
10-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Bradshaw didnt seem to mind splitting carries with Jacobs. Are we afraid of hurting his feelings? I dont get it... If I were to guess, I'd say we are saving Brown and Wilson for the late season/playoffs when they will be needed after AB takes a 16 game pounding.

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 06:18 PM
His feet are what they are and aren't going to "heal"

How about a second opinion ? I know you gave it !...............To bad Tom C ... can't come up with an answer !

rtr1105
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM

This. He's hasn't been anything special other than in the Cleveland and San Francisco games. But I think that we gave him the ball way too much on Sunday. He had 22 carries for only 78 yards. Eli only threw 29 times. We wouldn't have had to settle for field goals 3 times in the beginning of the game if we didn't hand it to Bradshaw on every play. We should have passed more to march towards the end zone. We approached those situations in Dallas territory as if we were content with settling for a field goal each time. Also, Brown needs the ball more. He's been much more consistent than Bradshaw has. He only carried 3 times on Sunday and he had 21 yards.

BillTheGreek
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Who ever Carries the Ball, show us you can carry it in the Red Zone for a TD....... And the JOBS Yours ! BTW and some first downs on 3rd & 1 wouldn't hurt !

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 07:04 PM
How about a second opinion ? I know you gave it !...............To bad Tom C ... can't come up with an answer !

Bradshaw came to us with bad wheels and all of his running since, predictably, hasn't made them better. A lot of players play hurt and he's one of them.

merritt
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM

This. You can't have over 300 yards rushing in 2 weeks and be unimpressive. But consistency has seemed to be something the offense as a whole has struggled with over the last couple of games. NOT just Bradshaw.

That said, I do wish they would give Brown and Wilson more chances, especially when Bradshaw isn't having a great day. Different run styles match up better against different teams.

foosball
10-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I'd rather see Brown or WIlson at this point. Bradshaw is over rated here. He had that one big 200 yard game, and a nice 4th quarter against the 49ers. That doesn't erase that he has stunk in every other game since the second half of the 2010 season.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Brown needs to carry the rock consistently ........this bringing him in when everyone in the stadium knows hes going to get the ball on the ground is STUPID

and he still get 21 yds on 3 carries........we have a potential superstar sitting on the bench or being "telegraphed" and it is driving me NUTS....Coughlin stubbornly sticks to Plan A and has no Plan B when we get stuffed

Bradshaw is a relief pitcher not a starter.....when he teamed with Jacobs early on thier success was built upon bringing the smallish Bradshaw in in the late 3rd and 4th Qtrs........Bradshaw will be the death of our season unless changes are made and made fast..

This reminds me of the STUPID Sanchez argument.........Sanchez has to go, and if Bradshaw keeps it up he will have to be shipped out too next summer
the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing failingly over and over, and expecting a different outcome

Also throw the little guy some screens.......he needs open space, as does Wilson to break down defenses

45Jones
10-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I think AB is under appreciated. I like his fire...makes me want to hit something.

44#1
10-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Brown won't hold up getting a lot of carries. He limps off the field or is slow getting up nearly every time he runs the ball. He can't catch either.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
He is appreciated but not as an everydown back.........he just cannot cut it consistently

44#1
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Brown will not hold up getting a lot of carries. He limps off the field or is slow getting up nearly every time he runs the ball.  He can't catch either.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Brown won't hold up getting a lot of carries. He limps off the field or is slow getting up nearly every time he runs the ball. He can't catch either. He cant catch and cant block, and he limps off......LOL Where do you guys come up with these theories...........Bradshaw cant run on short yardage situations......he has proven that time and again.......and he limps though every practice cyle every week

PS- Jim Brown limped back to every huddle he ever was in...it was all an act

Cloud57
10-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Brown/Wilson won't be getting many carries anytime soon, maybe they will when couglin retires.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Brown/Wilson won't be getting many carries anytime soon, maybe they will when couglin retires.

I'd love to see that......Coughlin gets way too much credit for our success......he is not a good game day coach, and makes no halftime adjustments
The Giants are not Coughlin dependant for their success......he is welcome to stay but he better stop his stubborness and horrific 2nd half of the season performances. We won SBs before Tom and we will win them when he leaves. He's a good coach but way way too stubborn for his own good

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd love to see that......Coughlin gets way too much credit for our success......he is not a good game day coach, and makes no halftime adjustments
The Giants are not Coughlin dependant for their success......he is welcome to stay but he better stop his stubborness and horrific 2nd half of the season performances. We won SBs before Tom and we will win them when he leaves. He's a good coach but way way too stubborn for his own good

Now I've heard it all. This has to be the most ridiculous post I have ever read on these boards.

In the words of Bill Parcells "But it doesn't just come down to luck. You win close games because you're prepared and do it. - Bill Parcells, on Tom Coughlin"

GiantWarfare
10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
It'd be nice if we could go back to the "Earth, Wind, and Fire" approach, especially when we have 3 very capable backs. There's no reason Bradshaw should be having 90% of the snaps, not only is it more wear and tear on the guy but its a disservice to the other two guys (more so Andre Brown than Wilson) who have shown that they can produce when given the chance.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 08:36 PM

how come when i say stuff like that i get mugged.
do NOT stop on my account.
i will go to my grave knowing we win despite him , not because of him.
but 2 rings = lifetime job. sigh.

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 08:38 PM

Seriously?

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM

If, as you say, Coughlin's presence doesn't matter, why do you and so many others call for him to be fired as as soon as it starts to drizzle?

stormblue
10-30-2012, 08:45 PM
@triple7.....i can't believe you're gonna get away with that.
i am soooooo freakin' jealous.
i don't even think about goin' there 'til mid november after 2 or 3 bad losses in a row.
you are a brave man.

all the Hobbits would be callin' in the Elves and Orcs to do me serious harm !!

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 08:48 PM

all the Hobbits would be callin' in the Elves and Orcs to do me serious harm !!

You're next lol

TextureDj
10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
i don't even think about goin' there 'til mid november after 2 or 3 bad losses in a row.
you are a brave man.

all the Hobbits would be callin' in the Elves and Orcs to do me serious harm !!People are used to ludicrous, reactionary statments from 777, while not a troll, people still try not to feed him sometimes.

I mean Trip says at least four things a day that no one else would even think.

We love ya though Parcells.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Seriously?

well think back to the Parcells/Bellicheck era......halfimes were spent changing things up to counter the enemy but mostly on D......I have the distinct feeling Tom goes in at halftime and takes a nap......right next to Perry, then genuflects at the Shrine of Stubborness before heading out for the 2nd half of games and seasons. Everyone on this board knows that Eli is at his best at running the hurry up offense but like the screen pass Tom cannnot handle the no huddle until the game is nearly out of hand.

One thing Tom does encourage that Parcells never did though was to air the ball out.....Parcells was all smash mouth and dink and dunk offense....it was only after leaving the Giants that Bill discovered this newfangled downfield passing

nycisgreat
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
AB has helped the Giants win 2 SuperBowls. He is the heart/fire of this team. He plays every week even though he is constantly injured. He is one of the few players in the NFL that seems to care as much as the fans do.

You are right! He is always injured. I could understand if he had a bad shoulder or something, but the guy ankles are shot. The guy played last week without any fire. The same fire that Bradshaw showed up against the Redskins wasn't there this past Sunday against Dallas.

moosedrool
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
One thing Tom does encourage that Parcells never did though was to air the ball out.....Parcells was all smash mouth and dink and dunk offense....it was only after leaving the Giants that Bill discovered this newfangled downfield passing

If Parcells had Eli, Cruz, and Nicks he would not be dink and dunk smash mouth.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 09:26 PM
maybe....maybe not

GMENAGAIN
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Guy is not getting it done........don't care if I get flamed for this comment. Give the rock to Brown/Wilson more.......or let AB come in after Brown wears down the D a bit.

lol . . . . 3 weeks ago the guy rushed for 200 yards

I Bleed Blue 56
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
He dances too much and doesnt follow his blocks. He sees about 22-25 touches a game he should be running great with that many touches but hes not. Im sorry but his tims is coming up give the youngins a chance. If they fail they we know its not all on bradshaw.

GMENAGAIN
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
People are used to ludicrous, reactionary statments from 777, while not a troll, people still try not to feed him sometimes.

I mean Trip says at least four things a day that no one else would even think.

We love ya though Parcells.

Speak for yourself. I think that he is an unmitigated moron

jaxnygmen
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
He has been injured. He has run hard but lots of times the holes are not there. Think they need to try and get him involved with more screen plays or check downs. We also seem to be passing the ball more. But the entire offense has been out of sync some.

GentleGiant
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
how come when i say stuff like that i get mugged.
do NOT stop on my account.
i will go to my grave knowing we win despite him , not because of him.
but 2 rings = lifetime job. sigh.

Yeah this coming from the guy who wants to get rid of the guy who rushed 100 yards against the number 1 run defense.

"i will go to my grave knowing we win despite him , not because of him."

Then you will go to your grave an idiot. No team wins 2 rings winning despite the coach.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Speak for yourself. I think that he is an unmitigated moron

coming from you sir, I consider that the ultimate affirmation of my genius. Thank You!

GentleGiant
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
coming from you sir, I consider that the ultimate affirmation of my genius. Thank You!

Your name has Parcells in it. Obviously you're gonna be a fanboy of Parcells living in the past. Whether or not that pisses people off is to be seen. But seeing as the giants have a comeback every single 2nd half, that claim you made saying TC doesn't do anything during halftime is just complete BS.

stormblue
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah this coming from the guy who wants to get rid of the guy who rushed 100 yards against the number 1 run defense.

Then you will go to your grave an idiot. No team wins 2 rings winning despite the coach.

i believe i admitted all of the above , and i get severely abused for it every November when i start

it rolling in high gear.

and where do you come off calling me an idiot....i have hundreds of posts with facts and stats
to back up my opinions.

and any disagreement is settled politely and in as humble a manner as i can .
i admit when i'm wrong and i apologize when i cross the line.

any jabs i take at anyone are with humor and sarcasm and in no way intended to offend.

the country doing well under Reagan wasn't necessarily due to Reagan.
and i can guarantee you the country doing well under Carter had absolutely nothing to do with him.

just because we have won 2 superbowls under TC does not absolutely justify his prowess as a head coach.

i maintain a better coach would have won 3 or 4 rings with this talent and would do better than
constant 9 and 7 teams with midseason swoons.

if he had coached the 70's Steelers they would have gotten only 2 rings instead of 4.

but all this is my OPINION and i have the right to express it without being attacked on a personal level.
calling me an idiot just because i don't share your BFF man-crush on TC is downright rude.

and seeing as how it is not late November and its not yet time for any of that i'm not going to go there.
and if you read the this entire thread you will soon realize we were having a good laugh at MY expense.

but i can tell you will make a fine edition to Hobbit Nation.
see you in DEC. if its necessary.....maybe this year will be better and we won't fire the coaching staff in December as usual.

what a maroon.

BParcells777
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
We win as a team and die as a team........TC is just one man on the team.....and he does not play a down

I think we all would like to see TC/EM shed their NOV/DEC SWOON reputation........but it takes thinking outside the box
simply standing behind Tom does not cut it........he has not won 9 Super bowls.....had he done that I would shut up

So far he's no Chuck Knoll.......althought the personalities are strikingly similar

Hessian
10-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Ahmad has helped win two rings and he's getting torched for being the 9th leading rusher in the NFL after missing two games. Outside of the division, 22 carries for him is 100+ a game. Divisional teams know tendencies too well making it hard to pass and run against.
THIS! Unfortunately the man lust between posters keeps quality talk to a minimum and *** play to a max.

joemorrisforprez
10-31-2012, 01:27 AM
When Ahmad is healthy (or at least, healthy enough to practice), he has been far more effective than when he misses practice. Last week, he didn't practice until a cameo appearance on Friday.

On Sunday, he didn't look in sync with his offensive line.....he averaged less than 4 yards per carry, and fumbled.

A few weeks back, I really thought Bradshaw was shot....and then he busted out for 200 yards. So, it's pretty clear that when he's healthy, and when the offensive line dominates, he can put up big numbers.

But the issue as I see it: Bradshaw is rarely 100%, and seldom practices, and the line doesn't alway dominate.

Last weekend, Brown got only 3 carries.....but still went for 7 yards per carry, and a touchdown. Our other guy is a 1st round draft choice.....and has been running like a greyhound on special teams. Last time he saw action as a running back, he found a lane and ran untouched for a 40 yard TD.

I could understand Gilbride's bromance with Bradshaw if we had a couple chumps behind him on the depth chart. But, right now, Gilbride is running Bradshaw on his rims while we've got 2 other dudes who are STARVING for action.

It just doesn't make sense to me.....especially since I don't think you can argue that ball security is a strength of Bradshaw.

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2012, 11:28 AM

lol . . . stormblue is also the guy who said last season that TC should be fired even if he won the SB (which he obviously did), He has zero credibility

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:41 AM
lol . . . stormblue is also the guy who said last season that TC should be fired even if he won the SB (which he obviously did), He has zero credibility

ok good to know, storm blue has been boggling my mind that past 24 hours on these boards.

Also, to everyone sucking BP777 (aka JakkStroud)'s ****......Everything he says is carefully selected to get a ruse from you. Its annoying. Every so often he has some decent insight. Its far from consistent.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM

you Hobbit simpletons can't even wait until DEC to start this crap ?
i did promise to leave it alone until we swooned again.
it is no secret i dislike the guy. i am not alone.
and if the time comes this year when its time to ride him again
i will certainly do so. i'm not scared of you like some are around here.
and 10739 posts of biased ineptitude from you means nothing to me.
being an over-opinionated self appointed Giants guru isn't credibility

it's just unfounded ego.

what a maroon.

Rudyy
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
i did promise to leave alone until we swooned again.

it's just unfounded ego.

what a maroon.I think you mean moron, maroon is a color.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
THIS! Unfortunately the man lust between posters keeps quality talk to a minimum and *** play to a max.

and you see why , you can't have an opinion around here that
goes against TC or anyone in the organization without being
rudely attacked by self - promoting geniuses.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 11:58 AM
I think you mean moron, maroon is a color.

no , i got that from "bugs"....remember ,
that was always his politically correct "gotcha" parting shot.

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2012, 11:58 AM
i did promise to leave alone until we swooned again.

it's just unfounded ego.

what a maroon.

Did you or did you not call for TC to be fired even if he won the Super Bowl last year???

SuperNYGiants
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
In 2011 regular season Bradshaw rushed for 659 yards (12 games)
In 2012 Bradshaw so far has rushed for 570 yards (7 games)

And you say Bradshaw hasn't been impressive THIS season? OH THE IRONY!! OH THE HILARITY!! OH THE COMEDY!!

Don't get me wrong though, I'd like to see Brown run the ball more as well but let's not make him out to be something he hasn't done, and Brown already has a concussion, I'm not sold on his durability AT ALL.

Wilson, well he'll get his time sooner or later, so why rush things when Giants are 6-2.

Giants are not in a panic mode of any kind. It's all in your head.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Did you or did you not call for TC to be fired even if he won the Super Bowl last year???

i have always made it perfectly clear that i do not now , nor did i ever want
this guy for a head coach.
"the end does not justify the means" Machiavellianism was discredited well over century ago.
getting only 2 rings when we could have 3 or 4 is my point.
i don't like his coaching style , i don't like his little Napolean stature.
i wanna vomit when something goes wrong on the field and he makes that face with
that "somebody pulled my pig-tail " girly face.

the team had to mutiny against him to make the first SB run
remember Tisch and Strahan had to DR Phil is old dumb ways.

anyways i've said it all before .....and credibility has nothing to with it.
i don't like him as a head coach , and never will.
and because of the 2 rings , he will coach here until he wants to retire.
i know this , we all do ,
doesn't mean i have to like it.
doesn't mean you have to agree with me.

but flat out disliking someone doesn't have anything to do with my credibility.

never wanted ; can't stomach A-ROD either.
same thing......just don't like him.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
and why are you guys bangin' on this anyway ?
i have left it alone like i promised i would.

but trying to discredit everything i say just because i don't
share your man-crush on TC is just childish.

titwio
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
R (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/)ead this and tell me Bradshaw hasn't been "impressive".

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/

(https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/)

stormblue
10-31-2012, 01:04 PM
R (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/)ead this and tell me Bradshaw hasn't been "impressive".

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/
(https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/15/three-years-of-pass-blocking-efficiency-running-backs/)

that article was back in July from before preseason and has nothing to do with this year.
but credit where credit is due , Bradshaw is one of the best blockung backs in the league.

what was very interesting in there was the fact that the leagues leading running backs all suck at
pass protection and the teams still start them anyway.this is the list of 10 worst blocking backs
in the league.
i'm starting to wonder if running back blocking philosophy is even valid.
this is the who's who of tailbacks and they all suck at blocking.
these teams all prefer to put their best stud runningback out there. , blocking be damned.
go figure.

Rank Name Current Team Total Pressure
1 LeSean McCoy PHI 32
2 Matt Forte CHI 28
3 Frank Gore SF 28
4 Chris D. Johnson TEN 27
5 Steven Jackson SL 26
6 Jonathan Stewart CAR 25
7 Ray Rice BLT 24
8 Cadillac Williams FA 23
9 LaDainian Tomlinson RET 21
10 Adrian L. Peterson MIN 21

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
i have always made it perfectly clear that i do not now , nor did i ever want
this guy for a head coach.
"the end does not justify the means" Machiavellianism was discredited well over century ago.
getting only 2 rings when we could have 3 or 4 is my point.
i don't like his coaching style , i don't like his little Napolean stature.
i wanna vomit when something goes wrong on the field and he makes that face with
that "somebody pulled my pig-tail " girly face.

the team had to mutiny against him to make the first SB run
remember Tisch and Strahan had to DR Phil is old dumb ways.

anyways i've said it all before .....and credibility has nothing to with it.
i don't like him as a head coach , and never will.
and because of the 2 rings , he will coach here until he wants to retire.
i know this , we all do ,
doesn't mean i have to like it.
doesn't mean you have to agree with me.

but flat out disliking someone doesn't have anything to do with my credibility.

I rest my case. You are a nut.

joemorrisforprez
10-31-2012, 05:10 PM

You aren't trying to draw a parallel between A-Rod and Tom Coughlin, are you?

stormblue
10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
You aren't trying to draw a parallel between A-Rod and Tom Coughlin, are you?

nope , only as an example of someone else that i prefer
was not a member of my favorite team , but have had to endure it
anyway because the organization and most fans wanted him.

but he also , has always done enough to be kept around , despite
my longtime ire.

NewCoachPlz
10-31-2012, 06:44 PM
A better hole to run through would help. The hole up the middle has not been there lately. I would like to see him run to the outside more like he use to when
he saw the hole closing. Wilson and Brown are as good as our o-line can open holes.

BlueSanta
10-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Bradshaw didnt seem to mind splitting carries with Jacobs. Are we afraid of hurting his feelings? I dont get it... If I were to guess, I'd say we are saving Brown and Wilson for the late season/playoffs when they will be needed after AB takes a 16 game pounding.

None of the other backs can pass protect well, and that is something we ask our backs to do a lot of. It is just that simple.

If the coaches do not trust Brown or Wilson to protect, then everytime he goes into the game they will know a run or screen is coming. The offense will struggle if the defense knows what we are going to do.

Furthermore, AB's rookie year he didnt play until late season despite a period of big injury to our backs. In fact, people forget AB was our kick returner until late in the 2007 season. I think TC is just following his pattern with rookie rbs.

BeatYale
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
His numbers are surprisingly good considering how often he gets stopped for little to no gain because he kills his forward momentum by shuffling his feet around and running laterally. I think that's what has some people concerned/frustrated/angry at Bradshaw. Tiki was great at salvaging as many yards as possible when plays went bad shortly after the snap. Brown, in his limited playing time, has been better at it than Bradshaw IMO.

titwio
10-31-2012, 07:46 PM
that article was back in July from before preseason and has nothing to do with this year.
but credit where credit is due , Bradshaw is one of the best blockung backs in the league.

what was very interesting in there was the fact that the leagues leading running backs all suck at
pass protection and the teams still start them anyway.this is the list of 10 worst blocking backs
in the league.
i'm starting to wonder if running back blocking philosophy is even valid.
these teams all prefer to put their best stud runningback out there. , blocking be damned.
go figure.

Yes that list is over the last three years right before this season started...is there any reason so far this season to convince you that his pass blocking has deteriorated? Cause if that's what your getting at then you clearly would be false.

So Bradshaw is the leagues most trusted blocker in pass protection while being left in the most in pass blocking situations. He's also currently 9th in the NFL in rushing while missing 2 games (Carolina and Tampa- left the game in the early 1st quarter) I'm confused...what's not impressive?? What more are you expecting?

Hessian
11-01-2012, 01:46 AM
and you see why , you can't have an opinion around here that
goes against TC or anyone in the organization without being
rudely attacked by self - promoting geniuses.
wow! You should start a religion the way you take **** out of context. My post was made to member who has shared his opinion 4 times. I'm guessing all of them have clarity unlike your drivel. My post had nothing to do with you emphatic distaste for our coaching staff or you in general. Apparently you are the Bullwinkle of our camaraderie... always pulling **** out of his hat.

Captain Chaos
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM

Yawnnnnnnn!!!!

stormblue
11-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes that list is over the last three years right before this season started...is there any reason so far this season to convince you that his pass blocking has deteriorated? Cause if that's what your getting at then you clearly would be false.

So Bradshaw is the leagues most trusted blocker in pass protection while being left in the most in pass blocking situations. He's also currently 9th in the NFL in rushing while missing 2 games (Carolina and Tampa- left the game in the early 1st quarter) I'm confused...what's not impressive?? What more are you expecting?

my point was exactly what i said , there was no subliminal message.

"i'm starting to wonder if running back blocking philosophy is even valid.
go figure."

now as to WHY i pointed it out .....

there are many threads and posts alluding to the premise that Bradshaw gets
most of the touches around here just because he is an excellent blocker.
these stats indicate that teams put their best running backs out there whether
they can block or not.
it is entirely possible that this coaching staff feels that Bradshaw is our best back.

stormblue
11-01-2012, 07:57 AM
wow! You should start a religion the way you take **** out of context. My post was made to member who has shared his opinion 4 times. I'm guessing all of them have clarity unlike your drivel. My post had nothing to do with you emphatic distaste for our coaching staff or you in general. Apparently you are the Bullwinkle of our camaraderie... always pulling **** out of his hat.

my sincerest apologies Hessian , total accident.

totally out of context and nothing to with what i was talking about
or what you were talking about.
you are talkin' about Bradshaw and i'm talking about TC.
it was obviously not intended for you, i have no idea how i did that.

i must have somehow hit a reply with quote accidentally or something...
i really have no idea WTF.

i am always being attacked by TC homers and i fight back when provoked..
you obviously did not do anything to me.
i hope you can see that the 2 posts are unrelated
sorry man , it really was an accident , and i would erase the post if i could.

a free punch and a beer on me.......not much else i can do.

stormblue
11-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I rest my case. You are a nut.

LOL.....whatever......

and stop stalking me just to bump your post count.

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
None of the other backs can pass protect well, and that is something we ask our backs to do a lot of. It is just that simple.

If the coaches do not trust Brown or Wilson to protect, then everytime he goes into the game they will know a run or screen is coming. The offense will struggle if the defense knows what we are going to do.

Furthermore, AB's rookie year he didnt play until late season despite a period of big injury to our backs. In fact, people forget AB was our kick returner until late in the 2007 season. I think TC is just following his pattern with rookie rbs.

Where in the name of the father do you guys come up with this stuff

Brown played two spectacular games at RB and allowed a measely ONE sack

bigblue58
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=shane4177;559454]Guy is not getting it done........don't care if I get flamed for this comment. Give the rock to Brown/Wilson more.......or let AB come in after Brown wears down the D a bit.[/QUOTE

You wouldn't be able to go to work on the bad feet Bradshaw plays NFL football on dude, and he's getting it done just fine on those bad feet, with Brown and Wilson continuing to play their roles of Wilson in the kicking game and Brown as a compliment to Bradshaw!

Hessian
11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
my sincerest apologies Hessian , total accident.

totally out of context and nothing to with what i was talking about
or what you were talking about.
you are talkin' about Bradshaw and i'm talking about TC.
it was obviously not intended for you, i have no idea how i did that.

i must have somehow hit a reply with quote accidentally or something...
i really have no idea WTF.

i am always being attacked by TC homers and i fight back when provoked..
you obviously did not do anything to me.
i hope you can see that the 2 posts are unrelated
sorry man , it really was an accident , and i would erase the post if i could.

a free punch and a beer on me.......not much else i can do.
No worries, I'll take the beer :)

JJC7301
11-01-2012, 10:21 PM
AB has helped the Giants win 2 SuperBowls. He is the heart/fire of this team. He plays every week even though he is constantly injured. He is one of the few players in the NFL that seems to care as much as the fans do. Oh and he's running for 4.5 YPC. Now tell me, who's unimpressive again?? He's earned the right to remain in Blue as long as he'd like. As Stephen A would say, don't be so disrespectful!
At least 300 of his 500+ yards came in 2 games. Heck, 200 of them came in 1 game.