PDA

View Full Version : Giants By The Numbers: Snap Counts, PFF Data

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/30/3573354/giants-by-the-numbers-snap-counts-pff-data

Excerpt: "Here is this week's look at the snap counts data and Pro Football Focus scores for the New York Giants. After looking at these I have a question. How did the Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys?

Pro Football Focus numbers

Offense (Best)

Kevin Boothe (+2.7)
Eli Manning (+2.6)
Reuben Randle (+2.3)
Chris snee (+1.2)

Offense (Worst)

Victor Cruz (-1.5) ... Targeted eight times, two catches, two drops.
Sean Locklear (-1.8)
Ahmad Bradshaw (-1.9) ... His rushing score was -2.5, which means PFF is saying he did not get the yardage that his blocking made available to him.
David Baas (-3.5)
Martellus Bennett (-4.1) ... PFF graded Bennett's run-blocking at a poor -3.9 for the day.

Defense (Best)

Chris Canty (+3.4) ... I know some of you want him higher in our weekly power rankings. Give it time, it will happen.
Stevie Brown (+1.9)
Chase Blackburn (+1.5)
Jason Pierre-Paul (+1.5)

Defense (Worst)

Keith Rivers (-1.3)
Michael Boley (-1.4)
Linval Joseph (-1.4)
Antrel Rolle (-1.5)
Jayron Hosley (-2.6)
Justin Tuck (-2.8)" Read more.

DaKraken
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Surprised no C-web mention

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Surprised no C-web mention

I'm surprised Stevie Brown wasn't higher but good to see Canty and Boothe taking care of business

TheEnigma
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
We even received the "loser's edit" in the PFF article for the game with one positive and two negative performances of note. Jason Witten received their game ball award but I think Canty did enough to earn it for the victorious team.

Oh and the Hosley hype needs to cool down a little bit. He hasn't been playing that great lately.