PDA

View Full Version : Superstorm Does Not Damage MetLife Stadium

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087901/article/superstorm-sandy-does-not-damage-metlife-stadium

Excerpt: "The New York subways are scheduled to be closed for the next several days. Airline travel in the northeast has been scrambled. But the Giants will hozst the Steelers on Sunday

The NFL told the New York Daily News' Ralph Vacchiano the game will be playedat MetLife Stadium as scheduled. There was no damage to the facility from Superstorm Sandy. Vacchiano added that the league will stay in touch with public authorities." Read more...

BigBlueAllDay
10-30-2012, 06:37 PM
My prayers and hope to all Giants fans out there without power and dealing with flooded homes. Maybe you all be able to return to a normal life soon and be able to watch the Giants on Sunday.

RoanokeFan
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
My prayers and hope to all Giants fans out there without power and dealing with flooded homes. Maybe you all be able to return to a normal life soon and be able to watch the Giants on Sunday.

+1

fourth&forever
10-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Good news.
Although an extra away game would not have upset me..

dmighty326
10-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Good news.
Although an extra away game would not have upset me..

Only the home fans attending along with those traveling like myself :)

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I wonder how many people are going to go to the game. I'm sure many will still be affected by the aftermath.

Rusty192
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I wonder how many people are going to go to the game. I'm sure many will still be affected by the aftermath.I think a good amount. It will be a nice thing to take their minds off of this ordeal.

Plus not to mention how many Steelers fans will fill up the stadium.

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
I think a good amount. It will be a nice thing to take their minds off of this ordeal.

Plus not to mention how many Steelers fans will fill up the stadium.Maybe this can be like what Katrina was to the Saints? I have no idea. It would be interesting to see the turnout.

Moke
10-30-2012, 11:00 PM
The Metlife is just so amazing.

Good news.

Please, everyone be safe. A lot of people here are from New Jersey I believe and I hope you are all doing well.

miked1958
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Pretty bad in NJ/NY. A whole neighborhood of over 80 homes were all burned to the ground. The ambers from the original explosion kept spreading in wind and they were unale to put it out. Oh and these were homes that were cut off by flooding. Other areas of NJ were devastated and under water. Not good. No power and no heat

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Pretty bad in NJ/NY. A whole neighborhood of over 80 homes were all burned to the ground. The ambers from the original explosion kept spreading in wind and they were unale to put it out. Oh and these were homes that were cut off by flooding. Other areas of NJ were devastated and under water. Not good. No power and no heatSorry to hear about that. I'm praying for everyone there.

miked1958
10-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I'm praying for everyone there.oh I'm not there either. Going by what friend are telling me and CNN reports are showing. I moved away 15 yrs ago to gulf coast of Alabama near Florida line

Rudyy
10-30-2012, 11:57 PM
oh I'm not there either. Going by what friend are telling me and CNN reports are showing. I moved away 15 yrs ago to gulf coast of Alabama near Florida lineWell this is awkward..