PDA

View Full Version : OMAHA OMAHA

ibbill
10-30-2012, 08:17 PM
N.O. Denver game Sunday night went out of the room and I hear this guy yelling Omaha Omaha. What!!! Went back in to see what the H is going on.
Yup it was Peyton Manning yelling Omaha Omaha go figure first time I ever heard anyone use that count other than Eli.

CowboysSuck
10-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Omaha is just a snap count thing (pretty sure).

and we all know what EAST TURBO EAST TURBO is. "EAST TURBO" Eli yells....hmmm I wonder if they are running to the right? Gee, idk if they are trying to use reverse psychology with that audible, but its too easy!!

titwio
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I've seen at least 4 different audibles the Giants have used using "East Uncle"...at least they change that one up.

Flip Empty
10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I've heard Brady use it as well.

TextureDj
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I've seen at least 4 different audibles the Giants have used using "East Uncle"...at least they change that one up.and this last game they checked out to East Turbo and ran it up the gut. Sneaky.

GMENAGAIN
10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Omaha isn't a play call. Just a signal that the play clock is running down

TextureDj
10-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Omaha isn't a play call. Just a signal that the play clock is running downIt always seemed to indicate when the snap count was live. on1 means on 1after the second Omaha. Seems that thats been changed. I miss when Elis hard count was so good those two years. Wonder how that goes away. Guess the focus in on reading the D now

stormblue
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Omaha isn't a play call. Just a signal that the play clock is running down

thank you...i was just about to go all-in google on that one.
been wonderin' about that myself.

CowboysSuck
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
and this last game they checked out to East Turbo and ran it up the gut. Sneaky.

they ran it to the right....East...right....get it? ...predictable

P_Simms_#11
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Just don't say "Rocket".

TextureDj
10-30-2012, 09:04 PM
they ran it to the right....East...right....get it? ...predictableYeah but East Turbo always seemed to be the Sweep outside to the right.. Or at least thats what I thought it was from my couch. I could be confused with East GoGo, however.

We could get real sneaky and audible to the East and go LEFT!! that would be truly groundbreaking and could bust our redzone woes wide open.

The sarcasm in my defense of our audibles should be more evident now.

I was actually trying to be a smart alec that they jumbled the audibles around a bit when they said they were going to work on them being less recognizable. Not sure when I read that. My overall point is, I guess, maybe a whole new set of audible signals are in order?