PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD THE FOLLOWING STARTERS BE PLAYING????

bigblue999
10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
If player is injured, not 100%, or having an off day HE should be replaced if all possible and not be a liability to the team!!

Bradshaw - clearly not himself, and couldn't run against the Dallas D - why not throw in a mix of Brown and Wilson and use some creativity like having the defense chase Wilson down as he runs outside. As long as Gibdride is coach, never expect the offensive to reach full potential...we could be a far superior offense.

OSI - Why is this guy even on the field - He's already robbed the giants, will never try to over power his opponent, plays like a girl - Tracy and Ojomo have clearly shown they are better - at least play them more often - they're younger, fresher, more hungier. OSI got his payday, he's chilling - there's no hunger from that guy!! Hate to admit is but was McCoy really all that off?

Nicks - the other recievers have proven more than competent to step up - why play the guy who isn't 100% - Nicks is not make the catches that he typically makes in his sleep

Tuck - Tuck still hasn't recovered from the superbowl haze. Another dude who simply lacks the hunger and passion. Just because he's captain should not make him above anyone else - he should compete or be benched..bottom line.

PRINCE - This kid is not cut for the NFL...he probably needs a few more years to complete puberty...I think it safe to say a bust for a first rounder - Should he be considered for a possible trade?? - The only good thing is the Giants drafted Hosely a much more superior corner, he just needs time understand the system.

The lack of rotation at RB and WR may cost the Giants a serious part of the second half of the season.

StraightCruzinn
10-30-2012, 10:35 PM
If player is injured, not 100%, or having an off day HE should be replaced if all possible and not be a liability to the team!!

Bradshaw - clearly not himself, and couldn't run against the Dallas D - why not throw in a mix of Brown and Wilson and use some creativity like having the defense chase Wilson down as he runs outside. As long as Gibdride is coach, never expect the offensive to reach full potential...we could be a far superior offense.

OSI - Why is this guy even on the field - He's already robbed the giants, will never try to over power his opponent, plays like a girl - Tracy and Ojomo have clearly shown they are better - at least play them more often - they're younger, fresher, more hungier. OSI got his payday, he's chilling - there's no hunger from that guy!! Hate to admit is but was McCoy really all that off?

Nicks - the other recievers have proven more than competent to step up - why play the guy who isn't 100% - Nicks is not make the catches that he typically makes in his sleep

Tuck - Tuck still hasn't recovered from the superbowl haze. Another dude who simply lacks the hunger and passion. Just because he's captain should not make him above anyone else - he should compete or be benched..bottom line.

PRINCE - This kid is not cut for the NFL...he probably needs a few more years to complete puberty...I think it safe to say a bust for a first rounder - Should he be considered for a possible trade?? - The only good thing is the Giants drafted Hosely a much more superior corner, he just needs time understand the system.

The lack of rotation at RB and WR may cost the Giants a serious part of the second half of the season.

Prince has been playing really well. I don't know what you've been watching.

NYGabriel
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Clown thread bro.

bigblue999
10-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Prince was beat all day

bigblue999
10-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Clown thread bro.

So what exactly do you disagree with?

Drez
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
This is probably the dumbest thread of the day. And that's saying a lot.

rtr1105
10-30-2012, 10:48 PM

Bradshaw: Play him less. We gave him the ball 22 times on Sunday and he didn't produce much at all. Brown, on the other hand, had 3 carries for 21 yards and played well every time he's had the opportunity to.

Osi- He really has not performed well. He's looked confused a lot. At least he has a few sacks. I'd definitely give Ojomo and Tracy some more defensive snaps. Maybe even put Kiwi down there every now and then.

Nicks- He's a bit banged up but he has great hands and is just a good overall receiver. He should be starting out there along with Cruz every week.

Tuck- He hasn't impressed me too much either, but I noticed that he got some QB pressures on Sunday. We need him there.

Prince- He's played very well. I'm very happy with the production that we've been getting from him especially at the thin corner position. On Sunday I noticed that he got beat a few times but it happens. The one area where I'm concerned is his tackling. But he needs to remain a starter.

njersey
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
I think the coaches and medical staff know what they are doing.

Cloud57
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
you're right about Bradshaw and Nicks. Nicks can't run and thus can't get open, I don't know if he'll ever be 100% this season. As for Prince he's good, it's actually Webster who's been playing bad. As for offense their's not much creativity at all this season especially with all the weapons we have.

CruzSoldier
10-30-2012, 11:01 PM
You mean Webster and Hosely..........Prince got beat on a couple of plays but most of the passes were on these two.......That play right before the end of the game when Webster let Bryant get behind him was a really stupid play he bit on a deepout route when there was only 6 seconds left in the game. Were lucky that his fingers were about 2 inches over the line our this would have been a real hard loss to take like that 2010 Loss at Metlife to the eagles on the final play of the game.

Pkyankfan69
10-30-2012, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't mind a few of the more banged up guys like Nicks and Bradshaw to either get next week off @ Cincy or at least have very light workloads to couple that extra rest with the following bye week... Also in general, I'd like to see Brown/Wilson get a few more carries to keep Bradshaw as fresh as possible.... I wouldn't touch Tuck or Prince, if they want to cut Osi's workload some I wouldn't be opposed to it but I do think he will come on, he is going to want to finish strong going into FA.

Captain Chaos
10-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Love the chatter but your not giving Dallas any credit at all, Not saying our guys could do better that is for certain, but....

Bradshaw had like 78 yds, I would have liked to seen Brown get a few more carries...
The d allowed on 19 yds rushing
I saw a couple of passes defensed by Prince that were lauded by many, particularly the one where the moron ref threw the flag and picked it up (cause the other refs were about to beat the **** out of him)

Is there area for improvement, sure but there was some pretty descent play there.

bearbryant
10-30-2012, 11:39 PM

I'm not happy to agree with you but as far asthe comment about Kildrive, you're 100% right on. Having said that... 2 Super Bowls ain't bad. They need to work both Brown and Wilson into the backfield; both guys have more talent than AB but... do they have more drive and determination??? Sad Osi has turned into what we knew he was: a pass rushing DE w/ a HOF DE on the other side. Nicks ain't 100% yet and they're trying to move him along. I believe they're doing the right thing, though. Nicks has shown that he needs to be motivated, either the carrot or the stick, whatever works, give him another week.None of the other bench warmers have shown the type of talent that Nicks has, period Tuck hasn't recovered from his injuries and that cheap shot from the idiot during that dallas game, and now he's either not 100% or is fearful of taking another bad injury. It happens. Give the newbies some reps! I hear what you're saying about prince but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. He has shown some real talent for a sophomore, but another one who needs to be motivated: ala JPP and the bathtub!!! just one bro to another!
The danger in this season is the constant lack of coming out of the locker room ready to play football. If they're backs aren't against the wall they play like nothings on the table. I just don't get it! Go Giants!!!

Hessian
10-31-2012, 12:29 AM

I doubt there is a guy in the league at 100% ATM.

NYGFaninILL
10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
You mean Webster and Hosely..........Prince got beat on a couple of plays but most of the passes were on these two.......That play right before the end of the game when Webster let Bryant get behind him was a really stupid play he bit on a deepout route when there was only 6 seconds left in the game. Were lucky that his fingers were about 2 inches over the line our this would have been a real hard loss to take like that 2010 Loss at Metlife to the eagles on the final play of the game.

So your saying bench them because they made one mistake? Hosley has been an absolutly terrific newcomer from us. I don't know what your seeing.

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Bradshaw - NO (he should be splitting with Brown and/or Wilson every game)

Osi- Doesn't Start.. not sure the issue? Keep him in his current role.

Nicks - YES

Tuck- YES

Prince- YES

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:12 AM

LOL people like you are funny. Can you name someone on our roster you like? Besides the obvious (Manning, JPP)?

Also...god I just really hope you are trolling because if not you have sad brain syndrome. Ok first off, Tuck should "compete" or be benched?? What games do you watch, hes had a sack(or a sack taken away by penalty) in the last 3 games. He is a consistent run stopper. DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAME?

Secondly, Prince is a "bust" already? I'm not even going to explain why you are so off on that one, just GTFO..seriously

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 11:13 AM
If player is injured, not 100%, or having an off day HE should be replaced if all possible and not be a liability to the team!! Bradshaw - clearly not himself, and couldn't run against the Dallas D - why not throw in a mix of Brown and Wilson and use some creativity like having the defense chase Wilson down as he runs outside. As long as Gibdride is coach, never expect the offensive to reach full potential...we could be a far superior offense. OSI - Why is this guy even on the field - He's already robbed the giants, will never try to over power his opponent, plays like a girl - Tracy and Ojomo have clearly shown they are better - at least play them more often - they're younger, fresher, more hungier. OSI got his payday, he's chilling - there's no hunger from that guy!! Hate to admit is but was McCoy really all that off? Nicks - the other recievers have proven more than competent to step up - why play the guy who isn't 100% - Nicks is not make the catches that he typically makes in his sleep Tuck - Tuck still hasn't recovered from the superbowl haze. Another dude who simply lacks the hunger and passion. Just because he's captain should not make him above anyone else - he should compete or be benched..bottom line. PRINCE - This kid is not cut for the NFL...he probably needs a few more years to complete puberty...I think it safe to say a bust for a first rounder - Should he be considered for a possible trade?? - The only good thing is the Giants drafted Hosely a much more superior corner, he just needs time understand the system. The lack of rotation at RB and WR may cost the Giants a serious part of the second half of the season.

Prince? lol The rotations at WR and RB are just fine

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey bigblue999, lets cut Bradshaw, Osi, Nicks, Tuck, and Prince. That might make our team better.

I firmly believed you would be laughed out of any F.O. meeting (hypothetically speaking).

NYGFaninILL
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
All I'm saying is Thank God you're not our GM

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
players having an off day on Sunday included Eli and Cruz and you would have benched them?

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
I would be shocked if this thread was made from anywhere other than a mental institution

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:33 AM
If this was 2007 or earlier, this list would have included Eli. I think its great that at the very least, Eli-trolls can no longer hang out here.

apparently weve expanded, and we now how Nicks and Prince trolls..just to name a few.

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I would be shocked if this thread was made from anywhere other than a mental institution The orderlies I'm coming around with the meds now

JayMas9
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Prince? Someone is not watching the games very closely. Not only is he the best corner on our team right now, he is playing like one of the best in the division. Very technically sound, which is great to see considering he has a boatload of natural physical gifts.

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Prince? Someone is not watching the games very closely. Not only is he the best corner on our team right now, he is playing like one of the best in the division. Very technically sound, which is great to see considering he has a boatload of natural physical gifts.

Our team? I'll give you that I might agree.

Division? That would take a good argument and some serious convincing.

But I like the kid so I'd like to be convinced, Do you think that he is better than both pair of CB's Dallas and Philly have (claiborne, ummm, asomugha, samuel?? just off top of my head)

.ShockMasta.
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Our team? I'll give you that I might agree.Division? That would take a good argument and some serious convincing.But I like the kid so I'd like to be convinced, Do you think that he is better than both pair of CB's Dallas and Philly have (claiborne, ummm, asomugha, samuel?? just off top of my head) Asomugha is overrated and Samuel isn't even on the team anymore genius.

Harooni
10-31-2012, 12:34 PM
prince is a bust? you know i thought webster was no good and then he just one day clicked. give prince time he has potential

BeatYale
10-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't agree with all of his commentary, but the names he mentioned excluding Prince, are under performing IMO.

bklyn1028
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
prince is a bust? you know i thought webster was no good and then he just one day clicked. give prince time he has potential

He will. It's obvious he's articulate when you hear him, so he is far from a dumb jock. He has a degree in sociology (just stating that he has smarts). He was rated by NFL scouts as the 2nd best senior in college football. He was a "shutdown" corner at nebraska. NFL scouting service gave Amukamara a 7.3 rating, which was tied for the highest among 1,400 college seniors that were graded.

Give him time, he'll be another Revis, he has ALL the qualities. He is just going to need some time. I think he'll be just fine.

TC knows what he's doing.

JayMas9
10-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Our team? I'll give you that I might agree.

Division? That would take a good argument and some serious convincing.

But I like the kid so I'd like to be convinced, Do you think that he is better than both pair of CB's Dallas and Philly have (claiborne, ummm, asomugha, samuel?? just off top of my head)This link will shed some good light on it:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/25/snapshot-nfl-passer-rating-allowed-cornerbacks/

JayMas9
10-31-2012, 02:24 PM
He will. It's obvious he's articulate when you hear him, so he is far from a dumb jock. He has a degree in sociology (just stating that he has smarts). He was rated by NFL scouts as the 2nd best senior in college football. He was a "shutdown" corner at nebraska. NFL scouting service gave Amukamara a 7.3 rating, which was tied for the highest among 1,400 college seniors that were graded.

Give him time, he'll be another Revis, he has ALL the qualities. He is just going to need some time. I think he'll be just fine.

TC knows what he's doing.That's all great, and I agree (don't know if he'll be Revis) but he's already playing very well this year, he is not targeted very often at all, which is such a good sign especially for a 2nd year guy who's getting his first significant regular season playing time. He also played well in the playoff run last year, and everyone forgets about that. He was not targeted often then either.

Shockeystays08
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
A lot of those guys are under performing, especially Nicks. But you've done bumped your head with regard to Prince! He's playing pretty darn well for a first year starter. Webster and Holsey are the ones struggling in the DB department. Holsey I can cut some slack to. Webster has 3-4 bad plays to every good one and at this point in his career there is no excuse for his day late and a dollar short performance.

Eliscruzzz
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM

The lack of rotation at RB and WR may cost the Giants a serious part of the second half of the season.What?? Only one I agree with is Osi he is best on 3rd downs when he can just rush but the others?? Wasn't Prince the 4th rated corner before the Dallas game?? I don't care, if Nicks is 80% you play him he is our best wr and demands a double team. He opens a lot for Cruz and others.

NYG4lifeNYK
10-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Well this thread was a complete failure lol