PDA

View Full Version : Eli's expressions in Sunday's match up

FrankAE
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone think that Eli looked a little more concerned with the game than he usually does. He seemed to show more emotion in the game than I ever see him do before, if this is true, is he losing the swagger that made him the comeback king. Is that why the offense couldn't move the balll, Eli may have been off his game. I'm not suggesting this is truth, i'm speaking on what I saw and asking if anyone else thinks this

Harooni
10-30-2012, 10:38 PM
eli nervous? i dont think so ,he just has to get motivated sooner rather than trailing in a game.

VBGiantsFan
10-31-2012, 01:34 AM
In the 4th quarter eli immediately got us the lead back and into field goal position to take the lead. Hes the same Eli no matter the situation or who we play.

GiantRoc
10-31-2012, 01:49 AM
He looked frustrated to me. He hasn't played the way he's used to lately. He's not used to not being able to figure out a defense. He will get it back. Back to back division games are tough. I'm not worried at this point.

VBGiantsFan
10-31-2012, 01:59 AM
There was no figuring out the defense. We couldnt run (which is te biggest vulnerabilty in the Ryan defense) and our WR werent beating their coverages. Id be more concerned by the fact that Carr and Clabourne owned Nicks and Cruz twice in a row. I hope this isnt a trend in the coming years but sofarthese two games were extremely disappointing.

Captain Chaos
10-31-2012, 05:06 AM
I don't think Eli looked that much different to me... He may have been a little frustrated with the drops he had some nice throws. The run game never really materialized, and they weren't effective in the red zone. I think they had a harder time with the Redskins D...

GMENAGAIN
10-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes. This game showed that Eli is losing his swagger and that the Giants' run with him at the helm is nearing the end. Time to move on from Eli and start looking for the next Dave Brown

Rudyy
10-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I'd be frustrated too if receivers were dropping passes.

PBTimmons
10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I recall a mini-explosion, which basically amounted to him throwing a cup of water(or something) on the ground. Not a big deal, but definitely not something i remember seeing before from Eli.

Can anyone confirm?

TheAnalyst
10-31-2012, 10:56 AM
I'd be frustrated too if receivers were dropping passes.

Normally Id agree that our WRs are dropping passes, but the past couple of games Eli has been far from Elite. I'm sure he will get in a rhythm again at somepoint soon though.

timmytimm3
10-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Normally Id agree that our WRs are dropping passes, but the past couple of games Eli has been far from Elite. I'm sure he will get in a rhythm again at somepoint soon though.

The coverage was extra tight and the corners were getting away with more. Combine that with no running game and a few key drops: any QB would be a little frustrated.

Robert21156
10-31-2012, 03:11 PM
There was no figuring out the defense. We couldnt run (which is te biggest vulnerabilty in the Ryan defense) and our WR werent beating their coverages. Id be more concerned by the fact that Carr and Clabourne owned Nicks and Cruz twice in a row. I hope this isnt a trend in the coming years but sofarthese two games were extremely disappointing.
You are exactly correct about Carr and Claiborne owing our receivers (did Nicks play in the first game?). No one got much separation Sunday and that's what leads to Eli's frustration. He also didn't get a long time to throw the ball, not under terrible pressure, but not much time to throw either. So, yeah, I'm worried about throwing against these guys in the future. If only Bennett had caught the throw at the one yard line that was very well placed by Eli, things would have looked A LOT brighter for the offense.

FBomb
10-31-2012, 05:48 PM
That's Eli's pissed look. If the dropped passes were caught, the game isn't even close. That being said, the INT on Cruz was Eli's fault. He forced it in there pretty hard and Cowboys were playing aggressive with our recievers. Hands on all game long. It happens. You're trying to make a play.

Rudyy
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
That's Eli's pissed look. If the dropped passes were caught, the game isn't even close. That being said, the INT on Cruz was Eli's fault. He forced it in there pretty hard and Cowboys were playing aggressive with our recievers. Hands on all game long. It happens. You're trying to make a play.Well to be fair, Cruz caught it, but got popped.

FBomb
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Well to be fair, Cruz caught it, but got popped.

That's because Cruz is God.

stormblue
10-31-2012, 07:03 PM
i wish they'd show the rest of that commercial....
i really wanna see him catch that 60" flatscreen.