PDA

View Full Version : While Im pretty PO'ed at the D...

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Lets not forget the 2 turnovers they got the O yesterday early in the game that we came away with zippo... At the end of the day that game would have been way different had we been able to capitalize on the turnovers... Eli giving them the ball back 2-3 time (however many picks he had) doesnt help either... Eventually our D is going to break./.. They play most of the football game becaus eour O cant stay on the field and score points until 2 minutes in teh 1st or 2nd half...

buddy33
12-19-2011, 10:35 AM
The offense was horrible yesterday. I mean they wasted two picks by the defense, dropped a TD pass, looked lazy on the 1st Eli pick, and then when they marched down the field early in the 4th quarter they threw another pick.

No, the defense was not great, but the offense was pretty bad yesterday.

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:41 AM
The offense was horrible yesterday. I mean they wasted two picks by the defense, dropped a TD pass, looked lazy on the 1st Eli pick, and then when they marched down the field early in the 4th quarter they threw another pick.

While I know the D isnt so good... I mean the amount of injuries its only expected for them to be so good... But the O has to capialize on the early TO's...

The D gets so much heat here... Give any of the top QB's 2 turnovers and they at leat come away with 7-10 points... We do that, the Skins dont win that game...

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 10:47 AM

While I know the D isnt so good... I mean the amount of injuries its only expected for them to be so good... But the O has to capialize on the early TO's...

The D gets so much heat here... Give any of the top QB's 2 turnovers and they at leat come away with 7-10 points... We do that, the Skins dont win that game...

Nicks catches those 2 TD's they win too 24-23

Drez
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Lets not forget the 2 turnovers they got the O yesterday early in the game that we came away with zippo... At the end of the day that game would have been way different had we been able to capitalize on the turnovers... Eli giving them the ball back 2-3 time (however many picks he had) doesnt help either... Eventually our D is going to break./.. They play most of the football game becaus eour O cant stay on the field and score points until 2 minutes in teh 1st or 2nd half...</P>

The goodwill of forcing a couple of early turnovers runs out pretty quickly when you routinely give up 3-10+ at will.</P>

That being said, every aspect of the team sucked yesterday. No one, and I mean NO ONE, took care of their business.</P>

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Lets not forget the 2 turnovers they got the O yesterday early in the game that we came away with zippo... At the end of the day that game would have been way different had we been able to capitalize on the turnovers... Eli giving them the ball back 2-3 time (however many picks he had) doesnt help either... Eventually our D is going to break./.. They play most of the football game becaus eour O cant stay on the field and score points until 2 minutes in teh 1st or 2nd half...</P>

The goodwill of forcing a couple of early turnovers runs out pretty quickly when you routinely give up 3-10+ at will.</P>

That being said, every aspect of the team sucked yesterday. No one, and I mean NO ONE, took care of their business.</P>

Pretty much the story..

TrueBlue@NYC
12-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Pretty much the story..</P>

Agreed, they definintly lost as a whole team yesterday. </P>

Eli played poorly, was back to forcing the ball into coverage. </P>

The OL run blocked pretty well at times, but their pass protection up the middle was aweful. </P>

Receivers dropped a few balls. </P>

People keep bringing up the two turnovers, but we didn't get any field position on either of them. They were essentially like thrown punts. Other than those TO's and the 4th down stop, the defense was ransacked again and couldn't get off on 3rd down, again. </P>

We have absolutely no return game on punts. That's a huge disadvantage in field positioning. </P>

Fact is, this team came out flat and unfocused for a must win game at home against a team with a losing record. </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 11:19 AM
That's what happens when your team is so bad that your only chance to win every week is if you QB plays out of his mind . . . . if he has an off day, you lose . . . . and badly.

Drez
12-19-2011, 11:23 AM
That's what happens when your team is so bad that your only chance to win every week is if you QB plays out of his mind . . . . if he has an off day, you lose . . . . and badly.</P>

Yup. The Mannings can cover up a lot of flaws on a team. Unfortunately, Eli picked a very bad time to have a very bad day, lol.</P>

Same with Nicks. Damn. Two easy TDs dropped.</P>

*hangs head with shame*</P>