PDA

View Full Version : No more highlights.....

Snappinnecks
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Freaking youtube shuts me out again! I see thousands of clips out there but I get hit for some reason. Crazy thing it they aren't even public videos!

Rudyy
10-31-2012, 12:01 PM
WHAT?!

..NO!

NYGFaninILL
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Nazi *******s...

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Freaking youtube shuts me out again! I see thousands of clips out there but I get hit for some reason. Crazy thing it they aren't even public videos!

We are very grateful for what you've done so far this season. Maybe next week.

hadenough
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM

That sux...I wait all week to check out the highlights you provide

merritt
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Maybe a different video site?

stormblue
10-31-2012, 12:12 PM
storm related maybe ? servers damaged or whatnot ?

BeatYale
10-31-2012, 12:16 PM

No worries bro.

Don't give up though!

Cloud57
10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
the NFL sucks they report anything as copyright. btw I hate sitting through those bob's furniture ads while watching clips on giants.com

egyptian420
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Ahh....the feds are on to you eh?

That sucks, well thanks for the great service you have provided us with the last couple years.

PBTimmons
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Snap, what screen capture program do you use? I could always upload to my youtube account if you already went to the trouble of making them. I could get them from you via dropbox or something of that nature.

This place needs highlights.

CowboysSuck
10-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I hope ChuckNoxx isnt next

ChuckKnoxx
10-31-2012, 12:47 PM

The only decent solution for a video hosting site is Facebook. Its my alternative to Youtube. I've noticed its all in what you name your videos. Naming the videos after the players is going to be an easy tag for the automatic search programs to sniff out copyright content. Hence, "Eli Manning Touchdown" Good luck, hope you don't get harassed too much.

Moke
10-31-2012, 01:05 PM
There has to be some sort of website that will allow you to share the videos with us. That's frustrating. Those are the best videos...

ReiRiza
10-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Someone on here must be reporting it.

BigBlue wins
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear. I also looked forward to them too. It's most likely some asshat reporting it because like you said it is not public.

Snappinnecks
10-31-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear. I also looked forward to them too. It's most likely some asshat reporting it because like you said it is not public.

yeah they are unlisted so I have no idea how I'm getting flagged for the third time now...

Overdrive92
10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
http://i.minus.com/ib2EXAMcKusT5.gif

giantsfan420
10-31-2012, 03:10 PM
It could be opposing team trolls complaining once they see u update it. Maybe the mods could make ur highlite thread hidden to guests or something like that. How can it be an issue if they arent even public????wtf?

SanAntonioGiant
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
That sux...I wait all week to check out the highlights you provide

Me Too =(

MustWarnOthers
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
More than likely it's probably the ever reaching fingers of the greedy NFL. God forbid you get to see highlights of a game you paid for already by paying your goddamn overpriced cable bill. How dare you try to see a single 20 second clip of Football without enduring two 30-45 second Advertisements on NFL.com?

Excuse my language, but it's absolutely ****ing sickening how much advertising you endure when watching Football or replays.

GiantWarfare
10-31-2012, 03:38 PM
It has to be someone reporting you or something because they're private videos! What a bummer...

EnragedYouth85
10-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Snapps, I told you to stop hording that bomb making material in your basement..

FIFTY6G-MAN
10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you Snaps for all the great work you have done in the past! Is there a way to password a specific thread on here? Do you think it is someone in the Giants front office reporting it? We do have Admin guys on here.

I am going to severely miss those great highlight clips you take the time to have for us! Hope it somehow gets worked out.

egyptian420
10-31-2012, 04:30 PM
More than likely it's probably the ever reaching fingers of the greedy NFL. God forbid you get to see highlights of a game you paid for already by paying your goddamn overpriced cable bill. How dare you try to see a single 20 second clip of Football without enduring two 30-45 second Advertisements on NFL.com?

Excuse my language, but it's absolutely ****ing sickening how much advertising you endure when watching Football or replays.+1....such bull####....not to mention all of the money we give them when we buy all sorts of merchandise. I probably have over $2000 worth of Giants related stuff in my house and, pay for cable to watch the games, bought overpriced tickets to the game....and they still won't allow us to watch small highlights....such friggin garbage....what the hell is the point of youtube if you can't really share the stuff you and your peers want to discuss?

ChuckKnoxx
10-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Just to clarify because I keep reading people theorizing that this came from within this board. Any video once uploaded to YT, private or not is going to risk being hit by the automated copyright search programs they use. If you choose to not use Facebook as a route to host your clips here are more outlets to keep your work going for the fans. http://www.reelseo.com/list-video-sharing-websites/

egyptian420
10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I usually download the games that we win (except the last one for obvious reasons)....I never download games we lose. I also have a program where I can cut and edit clips, but the problem is, I don't have time to go through every game and take out every single highlight, too much school work.

I guess I'll try to do it for this coming week. Can't make any promises though.

Snappinnecks
10-31-2012, 04:57 PM
I've pretty much had it when it comes to fighting this stuff. I was throwing around an idea I've had for over two years now that would solve the whole NFL/Youtube problem once and for all. As a matter it would solve all the issues major sports organizations have with Youtube and user uploaded content. I'm sending an email to Google and the NFL with idea sometime next week. I will let you guys know what they say.

egyptian420
10-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I've pretty much had it when it comes to fighting this stuff. I was throwing around an idea I've had for over two years now that would solve the whole NFL/Youtube problem once and for all. As a matter it would solve all the issues major sports organizations have with Youtube and user uploaded content. I'm sending an email to Google and the NFL with idea sometime next week. I will let you guys know what they say.Not to be pessimistic....but good luck, you're dealing with some soulless, money hungry, greedy, hearless *******s that could care less about what makes the fans happy. It's all about $ to them.

But hey, at least you're more positive than I am, good luck with that.

thegiantsrule10
10-31-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s)he video is my reaction.

FBomb
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Well....my season is over.

Flip Empty
10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Ugh, the NFL is terrible for this. If they took a page out of the NBA's book and actually uploaded HD highlights to YouTube themselves, people wouldn't need to keep violating their copyright.
It'd sure beat the grainy footage they currently offer through their awful website.

I guess they're only protecting their television partners, though. Never mind the fans...

Snappinnecks
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Not to be pessimistic....but good luck, you're dealing with some soulless, money hungry, greedy, hearless *******s that could care less about what makes the fans happy. It's all about $ to them.

But hey, at least you're more positive than I am, good luck with that.

The thing is....my idea make them MORE money AND gives us what we want.

Rusty192
10-31-2012, 11:31 PM
The NFL official site videos are garbage. And they wonder why we flock to fans videos?

The horrible quality video player is straight up trash. This is a multi-billion dollar company! Why can't they have a good video player instead of the terrible buggy current one? At least let it have the quality of the YouTube player. Thats the only bearable place to watch videos anymore.

Their NFL.com "highlight" vids are complete ripoff 1 minute clips of someone throwing a TD. Its insane. I wish I could make highlight vids for NFL.com. I'd actually put plays in them!!! A decent highlight video has to be at least over 5 minutes long.

I remember they weren't that bad a few years ago. They'd either have the NFL analysts do the commentary, meh...... or the local radio broadcast for each team. Which was great! Loved that.

Now they have some watered down garbage where this random annoying guy tries to be funny while describing the plays on a minute and a half clip.

Sorry for my rant but if the NFL wants us to stop watching other "illegal" HL vids then they should at least put up some decent ones as an alternative.

And don't even get me started on the commercials.......

Moke
10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
The only decent solution for a video hosting site is Facebook. Its my alternative to Youtube. I've noticed its all in what you name your videos. Naming the videos after the players is going to be an easy tag for the automatic search programs to sniff out copyright content. Hence, "Eli Manning Touchdown" Good luck, hope you don't get harassed too much.

Then do it on FB. Not sure what the big deal is there. You could probably get some nice coverage there too.

ChuckKnoxx
10-31-2012, 11:43 PM
The NFL official site videos are garbage. And they wonder why we flock to fans videos?

The horrible quality video player is straight up trash. This is a multi-billion dollar company! Why can't they have a good video player instead of the terrible buggy current one? At least let it have the quality of the YouTube player. Thats the only bearable place to watch videos anymore.

Their NFL.com "highlight" vids are complete ripoff 1 minute clips of someone throwing a TD. Its insane. I wish I could make highlight vids for NFL.com. I'd actually put plays in them!!! A decent highlight video has to be at least over 5 minutes long.

I remember they weren't that bad a few years ago. They'd either have the NFL analysts do the commentary, meh...... or the local radio broadcast for each team. Which was great! Loved that.

Now they have some watered down garbage where this random annoying guy tries to be funny while describing the plays on a minute and a half clip.

Sorry for my rant but if the NFL wants us to stop watching other "illegal" HL vids then they should at least put up some decent ones as an alternative.

And don't even get me started on the commercials.......

^This - Side note, NFL Films if you read this, I am very easy to get a hold of :cool:

rEaS
10-31-2012, 11:49 PM
hey guys, i run a small web development company here in costa rica.. we have loads of server space + bandwidth.. I'm sure we could set up a 'giants fans video' site where we could give access to snappin and chuckknoxx and others that are worthy to upload videos to a site that yt or google or the nfl can't really touch..

i love and wait for snappin's videos all week long as just having basic cable im stuck watching the games that come on CBS or a crappy horrible mexican version of fox sports (i'd take joe and aikman any day than having to hear these ******s talking about a game they don't know or understand). So when the games not on, on any of those channels, i have to suck it and watch highlights..

anyways, it's not that hard, im sure it would be cool for all the fans, let me know if you guys think its a good idea or what..

P_Simms_#11
11-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks for doing it when you were able to. I will miss your clips.

G-Men Surg.
11-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Bummer ! Don't give up bro. Down with tyranny !

Captain Chaos
11-01-2012, 04:55 AM
:( unfortunate!

Rusty192
11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
^This - Side note, NFL Films if you read this, I am very easy to get a hold of :cool:So do you consider yourself part of the TTC? What do you think about some of the guys on there? Particularly our rivals lol. I noticed CowboyBill was giving you some crap.

ChuckKnoxx
11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
So do you consider yourself part of the TTC? What do you think about some of the guys on there? Particularly our rivals lol. I noticed CowboyBill was giving you some crap.

I am not in the TTC. I like Pride and Co****le. Haven't had contact with any others that I am aware of. Whomever CowboyBill is I'm glad my video can help add to his misery.

Rusty192
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
haha I guess some Cowboy fans were getting upset that you don't make crow videos, even though you aren't a part of it. Personally I think the whole ttc idea is stupid. but I do think Pride is a good vid maker. Rick Flair, er I mean copizle is a hoot to watch sometimes lol.

PETEY006
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
its must be those dam eagle fans. They reporting the videos :mad:

ChuckKnoxx
11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
haha I guess some Cowboy fans were getting upset that you don't make crow videos, even though you aren't a part of it. Personally I think the whole ttc idea is stupid. but I do think Pride is a good vid maker. Rick Flair, er I mean copizle is a hoot to watch sometimes lol.

I ate Giant crow after Week 1 in the Keep Moving Forward video, gave the Cowboys all the props they can handle. But what do you expect from a superior intelligent fan base such as theirs.

appodictic
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
You know the NFL owns it, and its copyright. If they want it down then no one should be mad about it.

BeatYale
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Ugh, the NFL is terrible for this. If they took a page out of the NBA's book and actually uploaded HD highlights to YouTube themselves, people wouldn't need to keep violating their copyright.
It'd sure beat the grainy footage they currently offer through their awful website.

I guess they're only protecting their television partners, though. Never mind the fans...

Not just the TV networks bro. Why should they let their content reside on another website that isn't sharing any of the (ad) revenue with them? They built a delivery network for video themselves that includes advertising, so it makes sense for them to want to keep their own traffic instead of sending people off to YouTube to watch highlights like the NBA is doing. They would cannibalize their website's ad revenue by doing that.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
You know the NFL owns it, and its copyright. If they want it down then no one should be mad about it.If I pay my cable bill and record the game, as long as I am not generating revenue for sharing what I paid for then no copyright laws are broken.

This is exactly what Snappin is doing, he isnt making a cent, he is just providing us with what was bought and paid for with zero profit off it. BAM! And yes I am mad as hell.

appodictic
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
If I pay my cable bill and record the game, as long as I am not generating revenue for sharing what I paid for then no copyright laws are broken.

This is exactly what Snappin is doing, he isnt making a cent, he is just providing us with what was bought and paid for with zero profit off it. BAM! And yes I am mad as hell. But you tube is "making a cent" by serving ads next to and inside those videos.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 08:28 PM
But you tube is "making a cent" by serving ads next to and inside those videos.never had to click on an ad or view an ad while watching Snaps Vids ever!

appodictic
11-01-2012, 08:31 PM
never had to click on an ad or view an ad while watching Snaps Vids ever! Why do we have these things called "copyright"? It should be more like china here.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Why do we have these things called "copyright"? It should be more like china here.Govt and big business is money hungry. But that is not the issue here, no copyright was infringed.

appodictic
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Govt and big business is money hungry. But that is not the issue here, no copyright was infringed. Why don't you just do what I did? Pay $60 and you can stream all games for the last three years on nfl rewind and save clips etc?

Flip Empty
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Not just the TV networks bro. Why should they let their content reside on another website that isn't sharing any of the (ad) revenue with them? They built a delivery network for video themselves that includes advertising, so it makes sense for them to want to keep their own traffic instead of sending people off to YouTube to watch highlights like the NBA is doing. They would cannibalize their website's ad revenue by doing that.

True. It's just frustrating how the video they do provide is borderline unwatchable. If they bumped up the quality I'd have no issue.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Why don't you just do what I did? Pay $60 and you can stream all games for the last three years on nfl rewind and save clips etc?not gonna pay the machine. I enjoy just seeing Snaps Highlights. Again you didnt say what copyright was infringed upon. Keep proving my point please. No ads clicked on, No ads in his vids. No money made since they are PRIVATE vids, u cannot access them WITHOUT a a link! So what you are saying is you didnt like his vids and you are glad he cannot provide them anymore?????

Flip Empty
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
not gonna pay the machine. I enjoy just seeing Snaps Highlights. Again you didnt say what copyright was infringed upon. Keep proving my point please. No ads clicked on, No ads in his vids. No money made since they are PRIVATE vids, u cannot access them WITHOUT a a link! So what you are saying is you didnt like his vids and you are glad he cannot provide them anymore?????
You pay the machine by visiting this site and consuming the NFL's product every week.

1. Copyright Rights

We own or license all copyright rights in the text, images, photographs, video, audio, graphics, user interface, and other content provided on the Services, and the selection, coordination, and arrangement of such content (whether by us or by you), to the full extent provided under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, you are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting any of the contents of the Services for any purposes, and nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Services confers on you any license or right to do so.

You may use the Services and the contents contained in the Services solely for your own individual non-commercial and informational purposes only. Any other use, including for any commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited without our express prior written consent. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Services, whether to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory, is prohibited absent our express prior written consent.
http://www.nfl.com/help/terms

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
You pay the machine by visiting this site and consuming the NFL's product every week.

http://www.nfl.com/help/termsYou may use the Services and the contents contained in the Services solely for your own individual non-commercial and informational purposes only. Any other use, including for any commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited

That means No monetary gain may arise out of the use! Trust me, I am well versed in this matter and what Snaps was doing was far from illegal

Flip Empty
11-01-2012, 09:17 PM
You may use the Services and the contents contained in the Services solely for your own individual non-commercial and informational purposes only. Any other use, including for any commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited

That means No monetary gain may arise out of the use! Trust me, I am well versed in this matter and what Snaps was doing was far from illegal
What about this part?

you are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting any of the contents of the Services for any purposes, and nothing otherwise stated or implied in the Services confers on you any license or right to do so.
The simple act of uploading content to a different host (in this case, YouTube) violates their terms of service, doesn't it?

What's funny is that you can easily find entire games on YouTube yet short highlights get pulled in no time at all.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
What about this part?

The simple act of uploading content to a different host (in this case, YouTube) violates their terms of service, doesn't it?

What's funny is that you can easily find entire games on YouTube yet short highlights get pulled in no time at all.Not gonna fight a legal battle with you. I clearly showed the express reason for copyright which is monetary gain, which is not happening with his vids. End story is, we get less for our hard earned money spent on the NFL.

Let them sue me for whatever they want. You cannot get blood from a stone. I will show every NFL game after it is played on a 100 foot by 50 ft sheet in my backyard for all my friends who wanna attend. Have a huge cookout with a keg. The NFL can pucker up and kiss my butt.

Flip Empty
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Not gonna fight a legal battle with you. I clearly showed the express reason for copyright which is monetary gain, which is not happening with his vids. End story is, we get less for our hard earned money spent on the NFL.
Not looking for an argument, either, just curious.
It's disappointing because I enjoyed those highlights.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Not looking for an argument, either, just curious.
It's disappointing because I enjoyed those highlights.To me, Snaps has been doing it for years, nobody LOST money, the NFL is just not smart enough to give us the highlights. I have to watch a 35 second commercial to watch a 20 second highlight. That to me is disgusting! I prefer to watch what snaps made free and clear. We are getting screwed harder everyday just to get our fix of football. It is easier to get a fix of meth than watch a fix of football highlights these days LOL.

Sarcasman
11-03-2012, 10:25 AM
We are very grateful for what you've done so far this season. Maybe next week.

Well said, I agree!

I'd be thrilled of they lift the restrictions but regardless, I really appreciate all the work you've done.