PDA

View Full Version : Would it make sense to have Stevie Brown play some WR too in the Red Zone?

BParcells777
10-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Seems like this guy can do anything right now.......the toe tapping we saw last week was spectacular

Maybe use him in our Red Zone package?

Andre Brown at RB and Stevie Brown in the slot?

TextureDj
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Jesus Wept

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Seems like this guy can do anything right now.......the toe tapping we saw last week was spectacular

As opposed to Nicks, Cruz and Bennett?

BParcells777
10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Why is that so weird .......Bellicheck would do it in heartbeat

Eliscruzzz
10-31-2012, 08:10 PM
TC is not Bellicick( he beat him twice doing things his way) and also what??? We have great offensive weapons let him do what he does best.

BParcells777
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM

It believe Stevie is stronger than any of those guys pound for pound......its just a thought......why ridicule what you have not tried

THAT is the biggest problem on this board..........no one but me and a few others can remotely think outside the box

Bellicheck spends his life scheming to get the most out of all 53 men........do WE? ask yourself that question honestly

Here is one............how can Ojomo not be activated for one stinking game? While we have a kid (who I like) form Germany in there every down?

TheEnigma
10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Eh, just like the limited snaps Brown and Wilson receive, most competent defenses would sniff out the play and be prepared for it.

TextureDj
10-31-2012, 08:15 PM
It believe Stevie is stronger than any of those guys pound for pound......its just a thought......why ridicule what you have not tried

THAT is the biggest problem on this board..........no one but me and a few others can remotely think outside the box

Bellicheck spends his life scheming to get the most out of all 53 men........do WE? ask yourself that question honestlyI've got an idea, you should go be a Patriots fan then. This way you could cause 15 page threads over at their boards where people try to get you to come to the real world.

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM

First, we have no idea what BB would do, Second, how is that any different than the ill fated wildcat? You put a "stranger" in the mix and he becomes a target. If you are going to do it, it should be a regular lineman who can catch

Eliscruzzz

Bellicheck spends his life scheming to get the most out of all 53 men........do WE? ask yourself that question honestly

Here is one............how can Ojomo not be activated for one stinking game? While we have a kid (who I like) form Germany in there every down?BParcells you are the craziest Giants fan I know at least you are creative lol....

BParcells777
Eh, just like the limited snaps Brown and Wilson receive, most competent defenses would sniff out the play and be prepared for it.

Stevie is a big strong guy with soft hands........could they stop him, even if they tried...........what is it with you people.......no imagination

TheEnigma
10-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Stevie is a big strong guy with soft hands........could they stop him, even if they tried...........what is it with you people.......no imagination

NFL defenses stop guys like that regularly in Megatron and Brandon Marshall all the time. You're really overestimating Brown's athleticism here.

Cool Papa B.
10-31-2012, 08:19 PM

Here is one............how can Ojomo not be activated for one stinking game? While we have a kid (who I like) form Germany in there every down?

Ojomo is still battling a hamstring injury.

Delicreep
10-31-2012, 08:20 PM

That's just crazy talk.

Everybody knows that if you want to sub in a truly great WR, you should pick someone who has never played the position before.

Huh?....when you write it out like that, it almost seems like it doesn't make any sense at all.

BlueSanta
10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Threads like this are an insult to professional football players.

nycisgreat
10-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Jesus Wept

Lmao.

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM

You and those other guys have the advantage of years of NFL coaching experience

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM
That's just crazy talk.

Everybody knows that if you want to sub in a truly great WR, you should pick someone who has never played the position before.

Huh?....when you write it out like that, it almost seems like it doesn't make any sense at all.

LMAO I always have to read his posts more than once to decide if it's red font or lunacy :confused:

egyptian420
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Threads like this are an insult to professional football players.Lmao

Cloud57
10-31-2012, 08:52 PM

what have Bennett or Nicks done in the redzone lately? not that I think Stevie Brown is the right guy but it makes sense to have Andre Brown in there and maybe Randle or Barden.

moosedrool
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Would it make sense to have Stevie Brown play some WR too in the Red Zone?

No

EnragedYouth85
10-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Dumbest thing I've ever heard..

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 09:36 PM
what have Bennett or Nicks done in the redzone lately? not that I think Stevie Brown is the right guy but it makes sense to have Andre Brown in there and maybe Randle or Barden.

Barden? What has anyone done in the red zone, that's the point

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM

You just haven't been here long enough :p

GameTime
10-31-2012, 09:43 PM

and thats a reason to do it why????

I guess TC and KG consult BB for their gameplan each week....

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
and thats a reason to do it why????

I guess TC and KG consult BB for their gameplan each week....

Wasn't it BB who said "make them throw it to Manningham"?

BParcells777
10-31-2012, 09:53 PM
They ought to consult him if he ever frees up

they score in the red zone like a basketball team

RoanokeFan
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
They ought to consult him if he ever frees up

they score in the red zone like a basketball team

We won't talk to him until we beat them in the Super Bowl.....OH WAIT

BParcells777
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
We won't talk to him until we beat them in the Super Bowl.....OH WAIT

I'd take a gauranteed SB bearth right now.......play him on the Walt Whitman bridge

GameTime
10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
I'd take a gauranteed SB bearth right now.......play him on the Walt Whitman bridge

Stevie Brown with the same play calls wont mean squat. Its not the receivers n the red zone its the play calls and/or execution....

joemorrisforprez
10-31-2012, 10:14 PM
I think it would be more reasonable to see Rolle, KP and Brown in the 3 Safety alignment that Fewell used with Deon Grant.

Drez
10-31-2012, 10:23 PM
No. It would not.

Moke
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Stevie brown as WR. We should put Wilson at DE.

bbdynasty
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
wow i thought this was a sarcastic title...

rtr1105
10-31-2012, 10:43 PM
He's been able to get in front of WRs to make picks. I don't know how well that will translate to running routes on offense with a defender actually covering him. Unless he could get his body turned to the LOS and catch a pass. But Cruz does that so well anyways. I like the way you think, but I don't know how well this idea would work.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Seems like this guy can do anything right now.......the toe tapping we saw last week was spectacularMaybe use him in our Red Zone package?Andre Brown at RB and Stevie Brown in the slot?That sounds like a great idea and while we're at it put Lawrence Tynes at middle linebacker.

Cloud57
11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Stevie brown as WR. We should put Wilson at DE.

We should put brown at QB and Manning as WR

Moke
11-01-2012, 12:29 AM
We should put brown as QB and Manning as WR

Not sure how much YAC Manning will have, but it could work.

BeatYale
11-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Anyone cool with Coughlin playing RB?

Moke
11-01-2012, 12:47 AM

He can use rolaids to heal his problems. Bradshaw's problems? Not sure.

Cloud57
11-01-2012, 12:52 AM

Coughlin could definitely be a red zone threat.

Captain Chaos
11-01-2012, 04:57 AM

No!

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:00 AM
We should put brown at QB and Manning as WR

Brown at QB running the option might not be a horrible idea.........out of the mouths of Babes

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Coughlin could definitely be a red zone threat.

he would draw a lot of attention............or maybe none..........Tom is a tough old Coot

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:03 AM
No!

well a lot of you guys are always carping about execution.........we have in both Brown's player who execute like a Timex

Mistanihan
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM

+1

I was one of the ones on board with BJ playing LB. Why the hell not? Anyways, he has good hands, a great eye for the ball and could draw attention away from an actual receiver.

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:14 AM
+1

I was one of the ones on board with BJ playing LB. Why the hell not? Anyways, he has good hands, a great eye for the ball and could draw attention away from an actual receiver.
I'd try him as the WC QB too........then leave Eli next to him for possible flip or direct snap

We need innovaion in the Red Zone......our Oline is not particularly overpowering...........We also need coaches with a droplet of imagination

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:15 AM
+1

The only downside is he is now a Pro Bowl level Saftey........he might get injured, but the guy appears to be unusually rugged

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Jacobs was not "Jim Brown" tough.......he had weak knees

Dwinsballgames
11-01-2012, 10:01 AM
In a word.......DELUSIONAL

ashleymarie
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM

oh ho ho, LOL. I can imagine a turn over and a run back for 6. :)

TheAnalyst
11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I got the perfect idea for a red zone play that would work.... PLAY ACTION. We seldem do it and when we do, it works. None of this shotgun draw crap anymore. It AINT WORKING!

GeoGoGo
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM

We have enough an issue scoring around the end zone with actual receivers playing and you want to take a guy from another position and stick him in there? JPP is stronger them all of them. He seems to have soft hands, lets go with that.

The object is to score more touchdowns, not less.

This is a harrible idea.

GMENAGAIN
11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
It should be clear to everyone by now that the OP doesn't really believe any of the statements that he makes in his new threads (no one could) . . . he's just trying to rile everyone up. I have to hand it to him though, it works . . . .

The guy's crazy like a fox . . . . .

Rudyy
11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Would it make sense for Eli to line up at WR?

PETEY006
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Trade for Tebow and run a wildcat offense in the Redzone !

Cloud57
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Eli should just throw the ball to the other team in the redzone and give Brown a chance to intercept it for a touchdown.

Coach Carter
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
BParcells777, stop the nonsensical posts please.

scoostraw
11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
No it isn't. I'd rather see Jernigan under center, and split Eli out wide. :)

B-Red22
11-01-2012, 02:27 PM

And thats why we have beat Bellicheck over and over again

Marvelousmik
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM

you just said the key word. "imagination".. stevie brown would have to be quick and know how to run routes properly. . i cant help but feel you play a lot of madden and thats why you come with with these ideas