PDA

View Full Version : RE-SCHEDULE

tcseacliff
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I love football as much as the next guy, but I think this weeks game should be re-scheduled. the practices will be interrupted as well as the players who have been impacted by Sandy. And not to mention all the fans, and sponsors who need viewers to see the games. many die hard fans will miss this game. the power , i doubt will be restored to enough of the affected areas by Sunday. New York and New Jersey are really suffering now! what a sad situation! Pittsburgh has also been impacted as , well.

GameTime
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
we'll see I guess. But I think it happens...

ozzie0075
10-31-2012, 10:19 PM
There really isn't any way to reschedule the game. It has to be played this week or it throws off the entire NFL schedule that is why if a stadium is damaged for some reason they just move the game to another site.

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-31-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm trying to remember after Katrina, I know they played the game at Giants stadium, but when did they do it? Was it the Sunday it was supposed to be or did they put it off somehow?

Would only be easy to do if Pittsburgh had the same bye week. Otherwise, presents a tricky situation for when to re-schedule.

I was wondering if they'd put it in a different stadium entirely, though Metlife itself wasn't damaged I wonder if workers, fans,players, etc... would all be able to get there.

Moke
10-31-2012, 10:22 PM
I rather play in Pittsburgh than have it be a problem @ Metlife.

FBomb
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
OR,,,it could be just the thing for a town that will need a distraction by Sunday. Not to mention, it's a good way to help raise donations to help.

miked1958
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm trying to remember after Katrina, I know they played the game at Giants stadium, but when did they do it? Was it the Sunday it was supposed to be or did they put it off somehow?Would only be easy to do if Pittsburgh had the same bye week. Otherwise, presents a tricky situation for when to re-schedule.I was wondering if they'd put it in a different stadium entirely, though Metlife itself wasn't damaged I wonder if workers, fans,players, etc... would all be able to get there.had to be the same Sunday. Unless NY and the Saints had the same Bye Week.. Pretty sure it was held that same Sunday

ozzie0075
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm trying to remember after Katrina, I know they played the game at Giants stadium, but when did they do it? Was it the Sunday it was supposed to be or did they put it off somehow?

Would only be easy to do if Pittsburgh had the same bye week. Otherwise, presents a tricky situation for when to re-schedule.

I was wondering if they'd put it in a different stadium entirely, though Metlife itself wasn't damaged I wonder if workers, fans,players, etc... would all be able to get there.

Katrina happened about 2 weeks before the regular season started. The Giants and Saints played on Monday night and it was week 2 of the regular season. The Saints played the rest of their home games between the Alamo Dome and Tiger Stadium (LSU).

Re-Scheduling for another date would be almost impossible as the Steelers and Giants have different bye weeks, They could have pushed the game back to Monday if they wanted, but I assume they would have already done that by now.

miked1958
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Also remember a few years back when Minnesota had that blizzard and the Metrodome had all that snow on roof and part of it collapsed. They moved out game against them for that week to Ford Field in Detroit. Then I think the Vikings played the rest of their Home games that season at the University of Minnesota

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Katrina happened about 2 weeks before the regular season started. The Giants and Saints played on Monday night and it was week 2 of the regular season. The Saints played the rest of their home games between the Alamo Dome and Tiger Stadium (LSU).

Re-Scheduling for another date would be almost impossible as the Steelers and Giants have different bye weeks, They could have pushed the game back to Monday if they wanted, but I assume they would have already done that by now.

Thanks for refreshing my memory on that.

FrankAE
10-31-2012, 10:33 PM
I rather play in Pittsburgh than have it be a problem @ Metlife.

I'm sure the team noted as Road warriors would rather play in Pittsburgh anyway. Since they never live up to their proven potential at home.

I Bleed Blue
10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
had to be the same Sunday. Unless NY and the Saints had the same Bye Week.. Pretty sure it was held that same Sunday

That game was played on Monday night.

GreenZone
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
There's no doubt the NFL has a scenario which would put the game elsewhere, possibly a neutral site outside the swath of the storm. For the Giants' sake, the team plays better on the road, so it might be a good idea to agree to play it in Pittsburgh if necessary to move it.

tcseacliff
10-31-2012, 10:46 PM
guess the logistics is bad all around, feel bad for over 900.000 alone on LI ,lower Manhattan, NJ coast,etc, all those people will not have power by the game. I really hope they get a productive
practice in also!

bELIeve_in_Giants
10-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Jets ended up with a well timed bye week.

ozzie0075
10-31-2012, 10:52 PM
There's no doubt the NFL has a scenario which would put the game elsewhere, possibly a neutral site outside the swath of the storm. For the Giants' sake, the team plays better on the road, so it might be a good idea to agree to play it in Pittsburgh if necessary to move it.

If they going to move the game it would have been done already because their are a lot of logistics that go into it.

rtr1105
10-31-2012, 11:43 PM
I was fortunate enough to not lose any power. But for the most part, I'm sure the die hards will find a way to watch, whether it be at a friend's house or a bar that has electricity or a generator. Besides, it would be hard to reschedule the games.

BlueReign
11-01-2012, 12:11 AM
If they were going to do anything with it they would've done it by now.

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 12:11 AM

Confused! If there is no Elec. or very little in the tri state area...what good would it be, playing in Pittsburgh.......You would still not be able to see the game,

Beelzeboss
11-01-2012, 12:20 AM
IF WE DON'T PLAY, THEN THE HURRICANE WINS!

BurnerNYG
11-01-2012, 04:01 AM
I know all the power is being restored throughout CT. I was lucky enough not to lose my power. My roof lost a few shingles though. I heard NY and Jersey got hit a little harder though... hopefully they'll be a little closer to resolving a lot of these power issues by gametime.

Captain Chaos
11-01-2012, 04:52 AM
The game should go on, move towards normalcy..

RagTime Blue
11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I live very close to the stadium, and can say that the roads aren't that bad.

I think those professionals necessary to running a game and televising it should be able to make it happen. Whether or not the GMen play before a packed-house is another story, but who cares??

bigblue58
11-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I found it a bit dubious that every WFAN host, to a man, was dead set against the Knicks/Nets game being played tonight, yet they all agreed that the Giants game SHOULD be played.
The cynic in me would say that the bosses at WFAN , being the flagship station of the Giants, ordered their hosts to put a positive spin on the game going forward, only because they would be hurt in the pocketbook if the game wasn't played, and the fact that they are debuting their FM station Friday!
What could possibly change for the better in just 3 days for them to make the playing of the Knicks/Nets game sound like the dumbest decision in the history of decisions, only to flip flop 180 degrees and have every host agree unanimously that the Giants game should proceed?
It doesn't matter how much or little the Meadowlands area was affected, and whether or not transportation would be much improved by game day........the argument all the hosts based their criticism of the basketball game wasn't the lack of transportation, it was based on canceling the basketball out of RESPECT for those people who lost everything and continue to suffer!
How is a Giants game supposed to help people who no longer have homes, or power??? Classic case of greed fueled corporate hypocrisy if you ask me.
To say I'm disappointed in my Giants organization for wanting to play the game under the present circumstances would be an understatement!

TheAnalyst
11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
The examples of New Orleans and Minnesota are damage to the stadiums though. The Met is fine. The game will be played, even if people can't make it, as long as the players can.

Toadofsteel
11-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Imagine if the game this week was supposed to be Philly... if both stadiums had been knocked out of commission that would have been weird.

tcseacliff
11-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I found it a bit dubious that every WFAN host, to a man, was dead set against the Knicks/Nets game being played tonight, yet they all agreed that the Giants game SHOULD be played.
The cynic in me would say that the bosses at WFAN , being the flagship station of the Giants, ordered their hosts to put a positive spin on the game going forward, only because they would be hurt in the pocketbook if the game wasn't played, and the fact that they are debuting their FM station Friday!
What could possibly change for the better in just 3 days for them to make the playing of the Knicks/Nets game sound like the dumbest decision in the history of decisions, only to flip flop 180 degrees and have every host agree unanimously that the Giants game should proceed?
It doesn't matter how much or little the Meadowlands area was affected, and whether or not transportation would be much improved by game day........the argument all the hosts based their criticism of the basketball game wasn't the lack of transportation, it was based on canceling the basketball out of RESPECT for those people who lost everything and continue to suffer!
How is a Giants game supposed to help people who no longer have homes, or power??? Classic case of greed fueled corporate hypocrisy if you ask me.
To say I'm disappointed in my Giants organization for wanting to play the game under the present circumstances would be an understatement!

you said it better than i did. it was a little of everything. the eastern seaboard is beyond f*cked. won"t be power for another week. philly not as hard , but pretty bad also. many players i am sure have families still impacted and have lost much. should be more respect for the fans and the players too, who , many do live near their own teams. if there is not a l lot of electric , the sponsors also will suffer. moving it will not help in that respect of viewership. it was just a thought, but I do see the greed factor of the owners worried about taking a hit, which is crap! I just thought they could find a workaround .just move that ONE game to the last game. don't see why that would upset all the league with stats and crap?/ I dunno!

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Imagine if the game this week was supposed to be Philly... if both stadiums had been knocked out of commission that would have been weird.

They'd play in a neutral site like when the Giants and Minnesota played in Detroit a couple of years ago. As long as the players could travel...

idiotekniQues
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
it's going to be harder for the fans to get there. forget all the fans that can't get there from the city due to no trains running from penn station or the PATH, and the fans who are now homeless or without power, it's hard as hell to get a tank of gas around most of jersey. sad.

i filled up both cars the day before the storm. only i don't have is tickets.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
it's going to be harder for the fans to get there. forget all the fans that can't get there from the city due to no trains running from penn station or the PATH, and the fans who are now homeless or without power, it's hard as hell to get a tank of gas around most of jersey. sad.

i filled up both cars the day before the storm. only i don't have is tickets.

I don't expect the stadium to be full by any stretch.

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 07:58 PM

Well said !