PDA

View Full Version : Osi

gianta
11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
What is going on with Osi? He seems to be absent from the game lately.

FrankAE
11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
He's old, has two rings, is the smallest de on the team and just downright showing up to get paid. It's also deterring to watch JPP who's so dominate then look at Osi and not see much.

njersey
11-01-2012, 10:51 AM
He's old, has two rings, is the smallest de on the team and just downright showing up to get paid. It's also deterring to watch JPP who's so dominate then look at Osi and not see much.

Osi doesn't have a contract for next year, so that should give him incentive to play hard.

sheepdip
11-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry didnt everyone beg to have him re signed ?

JesseJames
11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Osi's play is almost guaranteeing that he won't be here next year, and for that reason I would like to see TC sit Osi and give some reps to Ojomo or Tracy so we can see what they can bring to the game...

nhpgiantsfan
11-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Osi and Tuck very pedestrian this year. Let's see if Canty making a push up the middle can help the ends.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Osi doesn't have a contract for next year, so that should give him incentive to play hard.

Which could tell us there's not much gas left in the tank.

Mistanihan
11-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Osi's play is almost guaranteeing that he won't be here next year, and for that reason I would like to see TC sit Osi and give some reps to Ojomo or Tracy so we can see what they can bring to the game...

Agreed. I'd like to see those 2 and Kiwi get down there. Put Osi in on 3rd and longs maybe for a FF.

Atomic1
11-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Osi and Tuck aren't what they once where , but who is ? I would rather them out there with their experience to get-er-done ! I have seen Tracy out there a couple times and I like that but I expect Osi and Tuck to make the KEY plays when needed. I think with the recent play of Joseph and Canty the entire front will improve as they work together !

gianta
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM

I think you may be correct

gianta
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM

i agree!

gianta
11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Osi and Tuck aren't what they once where , but who is ? I would rather them out there with their experience to get-er-done ! I have seen Tracy out there a couple times and I like that but I expect Osi and Tuck to make the KEY plays when needed. I think with the recent play of Joseph and Canty the entire front will improve as they work together !

To hell with experience we need a pass rush---NOW!!!

ashleymarie
11-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Not everyone. But I did. I was stubborn about it. I hope he is sort of sand-bagging so he will be healthy for the playoffs, if we can make the playoffs without much energy from him and Tuck. Don't get me wrong I know Tuck and Osi are aging out. When they are no longer productive it's time for us to bid them adios. I'm a little wiser this season than last.

jerseytom
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM
On at least 1 of Cantys sacks against Romo I saw Tuck right there next to him,maybe as we go forward we will see Tuck with more opportunities to get some sacks. then maybe Osi will wake up,but im not betting on it.I think Osi even in a contract year, hes not looking to get any injuries and hoping on his past play to get a new contract. Would like to see Ojomo in there he showed some flashes in the pre-season.

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Not everyone. But I did. I was stubborn about it. I hope he is sort of sand-bagging so he will be healthy for the playoffs, if we can make the playoffs without much energy from him and Tuck. Don't get me wrong I know Tuck and Osi are aging out. When they are no longer productive it's time for us to bid them adios. I'm a little wiser this season than last.

No need to feel any way about it. Look at his production! All the force fumbles, basically giving our offense new life.
Who knew that he would not produce as well the next year? People talk about Osi's play but ignore Tuck; they have both been lackluster this year. I contribute both their lack of play due to these factors.
1. Corners are not locking down their targets, making the ball get out faster. ( its how Dallas beat us the first time)
2. Pressure up the middle was not forcing the QB deeper, for speed rushers like Osi to beat the angles. Welcome back Canty.
3. We are not pulling stunts or being creative at the line to get these QB pressures.

Yes you have to beat your man assignments as well. To me it would of been stupid to let go of a player that just last year had 9 sacks in 9 games played and lead the league in FF's the year before. People ***** about the money, at the end of the day the organization felt Osi was worth it. It's not about loyalty to a player, it's about what helps the team win and the DE rotation helps the team win. Would we have won the super bowl without it?

Eliscruzzz
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
No need to feel any way about it. Look at his production! All the force fumbles, basically giving our offense new life.
Who knew that he would not produce as well the next year? People talk about Osi's play but ignore Tuck; they have both been lackluster this year. I contribute both their lack of play due to these factors.
1. Corners are not locking down their targets, making the ball get out faster. ( its how Dallas beat us the first time)
2. Pressure up the middle was not forcing the QB deeper, for speed rushers like Osi to beat the angles. Welcome back Canty.
3. We are not pulling stunts or being creative at the line to get these QB pressures.

Yes you have to beat your man assignments as well. To me it would of been stupid to let go of a player that just last year had 9 sacks in 9 games played and lead the league in FF's the year before. People ***** about the money, at the end of the day the organization felt Osi was worth it. It's not about loyalty to a player, it's about what helps the team win and the DE rotation helps the team win. Would we have won the super bowl without it?I'm sorry but at least Tuck has played the run very well and is at least making the tackle can't say the same for Osi....

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry but at least Tuck has played the run very well and is at least making the tackle can't say the same for Osi....

Osi has what 16 tackles and Tuck has what 25. Please stop acting like tuck doesn't get run on as well.
Plus tuck is starting as well as JPP. Osi relieves, he is not getting as much reps as those guys. They are both not playing up to their level.

JesseJames
11-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I didn't beg to have him resigned I felt at the time that he still had some market value and now would be a good time to try to get something for him on the market, now I doubt if his value is nearly as high as it was then and we'd get very little for him...

Eliscruzzz
11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Osi has what 16 tackles and Tuck has what 25. Please stop acting like tuck doesn't get run on as well.
Plus tuck is starting as well as JPP. Osi relieves, he is not getting as much reps as those guys. They are both not playing up to their level.I really think that you haven't been watching at all when Tuck gets his side run at he makes the damn tackle Osi doesn't. Osi is clearly out therefor sacks and that is it. Plus Tuck plays better containment for other people to make tackles....Stats aren't everything. The fact is that you can make a case for Tuck being an ok player this year can you do the same with OSI??? Even though those stats show he has made more plays.

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 07:34 PM
I really think that you haven't been watching at all when Tuck gets his side run at he makes the damn tackle Osi doesn't. Osi is clearly out therefor sacks and that is it. Plus Tuck plays better containment for other people to make tackles....Stats aren't everything. The fact is that you can make a case for Tuck being an ok player this year can you do the same with OSI??? Even though those stats show he has made more plays.

Yeah I can. Osi is not a starter, he comes in on nascar packages and when thy want to get a speed rusher on the opposing QB. Do you really think our coaching staff don't know Osi is not good against the run. Plus we run a 4-3 defense bro, what's the SAM doing? Please don't try and disrespect me like I don't watch the game then the coaches film after. They are both lacking. Teams are running 120+ plus on us man... lets blame Osi for all 120+ per game. Sigh*

Atomic1
11-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm not saying that Osi and Tuck take plays off but I think they have had to "PACE THEMSELVES " recently because of the lack of rotation. Of course if it was the playoffs I think you would see " ALL OUT ' on every play, but I think what we have here is the INJURIES to Bernard and Canty and Don't forget Tollefson isn't there either this season so they haven't been able to stay fresh and rotate. But now that Canty is back, Bernard also back this week and Joseph really playing well so I think we might see a rotation that keeps guy's fresh which will equate to sacks.

Eliscruzzz
11-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah I can. Osi is not a starter, he comes in on nascar packages and when thy want to get a speed rusher on the opposing QB. Do you really think our coaching staff don't know Osi is not good against the run. Plus we run a 4-3 defense bro, what's the SAM doing? Please don't try and disrespect me like I don't watch the game then the coaches film after. They are both lacking. Teams are running 120+ plus on us man... lets blame Osi for all 120+ per game. Sigh*That is just not true about Osi only coming in on Nascar packages he's been playing the run all year. I told you Osi is to blame for a lot of the mistakes not to say Tuck is not but don't sit there and tell other posters that they have to be critical to both. If someone feels that Osi is playing like garbage fine and someone says it about Tuck fine. All I'm saying is you can make an excuse for Tuck to still be able to play for the Giants. You cannot do that with Osi he is just a situational pass rusher where Tuck is not. You can throw out all the stats you want...PFF, tackles ,FF, sacks, but anyone with two eyes can see that Osi has been worse out of the two...which is why he is getting the blame. How many times during the Eagles, Browns, and Cowboys (1st game) ran at Osi's side? They made it their mission to run on his side.. I know JPP is on the other but he didn't make the plays when it came straight at him and instead of forcing the rb back inside to the lb they went pass him to the outside and gain a lot of yards.sigh* sigh* sigh*.

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 09:45 PM
That is just not true about Osi only coming in on Nascar packages he's been playing the run all year. I told you Osi is to blame for a lot of the mistakes not to say Tuck is not but don't sit there and tell other posters that they have to be critical to both. If someone feels that Osi is playing like garbage fine and someone says it about Tuck fine. All I'm saying is you can make an excuse for Tuck to still be able to play for the Giants. You cannot do that with Osi he is just a situational pass rusher where Tuck is not. You can throw out all the stats you want...PFF, tackles ,FF, sacks, but anyone with two eyes can see that Osi has been worse out of the two...which is why he is getting the blame. How many times during the Eagles, Browns, and Cowboys (1st game) ran at Osi's side? They made it their mission to run on his side.. I know JPP is on the other but he didn't make the plays when it came straight at him and instead of forcing the rb back inside to the lb they went pass him to the outside and gain a lot of yards.sigh* sigh* sigh*.

read my friend, " AND when they want to get a speed rusher on the opposing QB." Which is usually on 3rd and longs or 2nd and longs, which we do not see much of anyway.
What mistakes is Osi to blame for that cannot be attributed to Tuck? Both their Sides are getting run on, we are ranked 19th against the run, Osi does not start! JPP is pretty solid against the run so who are they running on when Osi is not in the line up??? Tuck my friend....Tuck.
Why not be critical of Tuck? If he is not producing he is not producing, Tuck's last good year was 2010, but he get the pass why? cause he didn't get the pay increase?

"People talk about Osi's play but ignore Tuck; they have both been lackluster this year." This is what i said, because it is true around these boards. People highlight Osi's failure's to be the "I Told you we shouldn't have paid him," people; Everyone wants to be the resident analysis that's always right, if it was Tuck asking for the raise, it would be no different.

"All I'm saying is you can make an excuse for Tuck to still be able to play for the Giants." - what does this even mean? Osi doesn't deserve to play for the Giants? whatever sir... you can keep this one

"You cannot do that with Osi he is just a situational pass rusher where Tuck is not." - When has he not been a speed rushing DE? Osi is not a run stopper bro, he wasn't when he was drafted, he wasn't during his good years, he had what one year with plus 60 tackles ? People knew Osi was not a run stopper, but he was getting sack fumbles so no one cared. ( I can only speak for as far back as I have been on this board ) It is only until contract talks with Osi spiraled out of control that people want to label that as the mans career. The DE that can't play the run but gets paid like he does.

You talk about looking at the game with your eyes, you obviously didn't watch Tuck's 2007,2008,2010 seasons if you are saying stuff like this "Osi has been worse out of the two...which is why he is getting the blame." Tuck from my eyes is half a shell of what he was then, today.

Everyone knows to run it to Osi's side I agree with you on that. It's not cause he can't cover the run, it's because he over pursues the QB. You make it seem like Osi tries to tackle RB's and gets blown back or ran over consistently.

I am not saying Tuck is bad, I am not saying Osi is as good as he was, I am saying be analytical of the players that have produced at a high standard and judge them equally. It just seems like everyone has this grudge on Osi, because he got what he wanted and people are butt hurt by it.

JJC7301
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I would DEFINITELY give Ojomo and/or Tracy a shot. Especially Ojomo. I'd like to see Kiwi get more time at DE, with Ojomo getting snaps, and put Tracy at Kiwi's LB position.

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not saying that Osi and Tuck take plays off but I think they have had to "PACE THEMSELVES " recently because of the lack of rotation. Of course if it was the playoffs I think you would see " ALL OUT ' on every play, but I think what we have here is the INJURIES to Bernard and Canty and Don't forget Tollefson isn't there either this season so they haven't been able to stay fresh and rotate. But now that Canty is back, Bernard also back this week and Joseph really playing well so I think we might see a rotation that keeps guy's fresh which will equate to sacks.

I can agree with this.
Pressure up the middle force the QB back farther, Quick lanes to the QB, Instead of having to round sharp corners around the defender.
KP being back as well helps.
Lets hope for the best.

rainierjef
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I would DEFINITELY give Ojomo and/or Tracy a shot. Especially Ojomo. I'd like to see Kiwi get more time at DE, with Ojomo getting snaps, and put Tracy at Kiwi's LB position.

I too am interested in seeing more of Tracy and Ojomo.

Rat_bastich
11-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Osi's problem is that his sacks used to come in spurts throughout a season. He would gain chunks in single games and then would go for a few games without one. I think the wear and tear is finally starting to show. Tuck as well. From Tuck, even though he does the "Rah Rah" crap, on the sideline alot of times he looks dejected and seems to have lost heart.

I definitely think Osi is gone next season and Tuck, who will be with the team and most likely still a starter, will probably be rotated out more often being spelled by his heir...either to be drafted or already waiting in the wings.

Mohann
11-02-2012, 02:36 AM
I was against signing Osi and took all kinds of crap for it. He's always been poor against the run, and never as good as he thought he was. How many times did I hear about last years 9 FF, as if it could go on at that rate forever. And as far as Tuck goes, he's a good soldier. Not a whiny distraction every year.

Mohann
11-02-2012, 02:37 AM
I think Osi signs elsewhere, and Tuck retires.

Diamondring
11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry didnt everyone beg to have him re signed ?Not I. I said Giants shouldn't give him extra money. Yet posters think about that strip thing he does and thinks that should overshadow that he is not that good.

Antwuan
11-02-2012, 03:21 AM
For some reason I have a feeling that Osi won't be back next year.

rainierjef
11-02-2012, 06:22 AM
I rest my case.

Captain Chaos
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Wow, interesting thread...Osi is a spead guy and may have lost a step. Tuck on the other hand has been looking better of late.

easterbeast
11-02-2012, 09:16 AM
im not sure if this was said......but i think osi and tuck are saving their strength for the end of the year.
16 games is too much for them