PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ross buried in my back yard...

BigBluePoint
12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Our buried gnomes lost their magic. Sorry men.

I plucked mine from his hole, wiped him off and placed him upon my Giants grill cover.

Now, what I'd like to do is replace him in that hole with our #1 draft choice DB out of Texas.

Can Aaron Ross be any worse at coverage? He is a statue himself!!!

I told my family watching the game yesterday that I think Ross is content and satisfied just being in the same zip code as the guy he is covering.

It's amazing and sickening. Players run right into and through his zone and he doesn't bat an eye.

Time for him to go. I'd rather have his Olympic sprinter wife covering receivers!

daynemustgo
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Ross is horrible. I hope these are his last two games with the Giants.

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Im no Fewell hater.....but he has these guys playing off with such an incredibly soft cushion that the WR has the option to do whatever he wants ........its completely ridiculous

we all know the pass rush is not getting to the QB the way we would like them to .......so what would be the logical minor adjustment....?.....jam the receivers.....you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them.........reroute them and make the QB have to wait that extra second......sometimes thats all you need

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 11:49 AM
A Garden Gnome could have covered better yesterday.

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Im no Fewell hater.....but he has these guys playing off with such an incredibly soft cushion that the WR has the option to do whatever he wants ........its completely ridiculous

we all know the pass rush is not getting to the QB the way we would like them to .......so what would be the logical minor adjustment....?.....jam the receivers.....you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them.........reroute them and make the QB have to wait that extra second......sometimes thats all you need

Been screaming for this all year!!

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Im no Fewell hater.....but he has these guys playing off with such an incredibly soft cushion that the WR has the option to do whatever he wants ........its completely ridiculous we all know the pass rush is not getting to the QB the way we would like them to .......so what would be the logical minor adjustment....?.....jam the receivers.....you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them.........reroute them and make the QB have to wait that extra second......sometimes thats all you need</P>

Yup.....question for you.....because I honestly don't know the answer.</P>

It was 3rd and 14 yesterday on the Giants 22 in the 2nd Quarter.....they were coming at our endzone.....before the play my friend and I were commenting on how far Prince was playing off his guy......about 9 yards pre-snap. Two seconds later Gaffney caught the ball in front of him for a10 yarder and he scooted by him for an additional6 to pick up the first. Seemed likePrince had help over the top.....why not jam at the line.....my friend and I got into a debate.....he was claiming that it was Prince's fault for not jamming and I was saying it was Fewell's fault for not calling a bump at the line......any insight......is that a Prince read or a Scheme call?</P>

Regardless we were both livid.......and we're finally in agreement that it was LITERALLY not possible for the D to play any worse......why not jam and bring the house all game.....</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
The DEP would get involved if you buried that waste product in your backyard . . . . .

mstray92
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM

Why they don't play Bump and run, vs this soft zone bull*%t is beyond Me! Fewell keeps
doing the same damn thing over and over! Definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result! We won the superbowl against TB by playing tight bump and run man to man coverage, which allowed our pass rush to get to the QB!