PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THE STEELERS WEAKNESS ?

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Clue me in !

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
The New York Football Giants are their biggest weakness :rolleyes:

Rudyy
11-01-2012, 12:29 PM
The New York Football Giants are their biggest weakness :rolleyes:/thread

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Clue me in !
RoanokeFan
The New York Football Giants are their biggest weakness

Come on you can do better than that !................lol

rEaS
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
their pass rush is suspect.. and though they have had trouble running the ball (like 3 rbs injured) they got a strong performance from their running game their last two games so it's a tossup weather that will be a weakness or not.. their oline isn't good but isn't bad either..

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
their pass rush is suspect.. and though they have had trouble running the ball (like 3 rbs injured) they got a strong performance from their running game their last two games so it's a tossup weather that will be a weakness or not.. their oline isn't good but isn't bad either..

Thanks for that scouting update ..............lol

smlst40
11-01-2012, 12:53 PM
their secondary can be attacked, the Redskins beat them handily if the WRs catch the balls that were thrown to them. Special teams are shaky as well.

BParcells777
11-01-2012, 12:58 PM
their biggest weaknes is they are about to get clobbered and Big BEN will be pummeled all game long when Stevie is not busy picking him off

jerseytom
11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
only 1 win on the road so far this year

BillTheGreek
11-01-2012, 01:11 PM
their biggest weaknes is they are about to get clobbered and Big BEN will be pummeled all game long when Stevie is not busy picking him off

Sounds good " BIG BEN Stops Ticking "

Buddy333
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Some say they can't rush the passer and some way you can throw on them but they have the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Rudyy
11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Some say they can't rush the passer and some way you can throw on them but they have the #1 ranked defense in the league.They are ranked 2nd in total defense. 1st in pass.

Rusty192
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Dallas imo has a better pass defense. Well that and the fact that they had free reign to grab onto our receivers. It also will help if our guys decide to catch the ball this time too, unlike Washington.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 01:25 PM
RoanokeFan
The New York Football Giants are their biggest weakness

Come on you can do better than that !................lol

Lazy day lol

Buddy333
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
They are ranked 2nd in total defense. 1st in pass.Really? I thought I checked earlier today and they where #1 total defense. Not that #2 is bad.

Cloud57
11-01-2012, 01:35 PM
the Ravens lol

Rudyy
11-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Really? I thought I checked earlier today and they where #1 total defense. Not that #2 is bad.http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

PennState1
11-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Their biggest weakness has been their biggest strength but is no more. Ben is slowing down and one big hit away from a long vacation. This is why they brought in a new o coordinator and have implemented a scheme of quick passes, less scrambling and want to lean on the run. We NEED to get to Ben and frustrate him. We can't let him get into the quick pass rhythm or he will slice and dice. Their weakness is Ben's immobility.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 02:09 PM
They are ranked 2nd in total defense. 1st in pass.

That would be with Palomaulo (sp) or without ?

Martyr
11-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Id say trapping women is bar bathrooms could be one.

bearbryant
11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Playing away games!!!

Giant stuck in Texas
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
their biggest weaknes is they are about to get clobbered and Big BEN will be pummeled all game long when Stevie is not busy picking him offFrom what I heard on NFL network this morning, it looks like it might be Phillips back there with a little sprinkling of Stevie.

Rusty192
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
That would be with Palomaulo (sp) or without ?lol Polamalu.

dave56dj
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
weaknesses - The were struggling to run but Dwyer (a big boy) has breathed life into the run game and that has really balanced out there offense. He is hurting this week but should play.

- The pass rush has not been what it once was - with woodley and polamalu missing games thats not totally surprising. But they aren't as feared as they once were - still there defense is very good.

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Playing away games!!!

Well they are away !................And they will be sorry they Left Home !

Take what they NEED G-Men....................A WIN !!!

Rat_bastich
11-04-2012, 12:46 AM
From what I heard on NFL network this morning, it looks like it might be Phillips back there with a little sprinkling of Stevie.

Oh, the R. Kelly joke that just came to mind when I read that.

On topic Dwyer scares me. He has looked good and the Giants are still weak up the middle, though last week they looked pretty weak on the outside as well. The whole Giants team needs to be clicking...all facets.

egyptian420
11-04-2012, 01:45 AM
They're using a 3rd string RB in Redman because Mendenhall and Dwyer are both out...And we're already pretty solid against the run, so that should bode well for us

BlueOldSchool
11-04-2012, 02:09 AM
They lost to the Broncos, Raiders and Titans... inconsistent play and a receiver or two are coming off injuries. The Giants need to wear them down.

Hessian
11-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks for that scouting update ..............lol
Its a **** ton better than than the replies before his. At least he tried...

Hessian
11-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Lazy day lol
You should probably keep the weak sauce to yourself, and Bill might keep the handjobs to the side.

OX1
11-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Clue me in !

Whatever it is, the G-men will not exploit it.
We've let a bunch of teams get their first "whatever"
(either for the season or sometimes their first EVER)
this year (cept sacks, but that could change with DD).

Rat_bastich
11-04-2012, 06:01 AM
They are weaker versus the run than the pass, but not by much since they are the second rated defense. Maybe the Giants can take advantage of them with the long ball. Protection has to hold up long enough for Manning to get a receiver he can chuck it to. If this works then it should open the running game. Hell, if not just do what everyone does to us and use quick slants to keep Eli alive.

I don't think they have faced an offense like ours can be this year, so maybe the Giants can find a flaw in their pass coverage.

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
If you take a look at the teams they played I would look at the Denver game to kind of compare, even though it was their first one. Payton was able to throw for 240 yards on that D. I think the Skins loss of Davis really shows how valuable the TE can be and I think we have very dangerous 3rd Wide Outs, something which many teams do not. On the Flip side Been has a very good arm; however, we do have size on our side with our DE's Tuck, and JPP which should give them trouble. If they can stop the run (which the Steelers are not great at) then our Rush could be very effective today (love the fact that Canty and Bernard could be back). Looking for a very competitive game!!!!

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 09:10 AM
If you take a look at the teams they played I would look at the Denver game to kind of compare, even though it was their first one. Payton was able to throw for 240 yards on that D. I think the Skins loss of Davis really shows how valuable the TE can be and I think we have very dangerous 3rd Wide Outs, something which many teams do not. On the Flip side Been has a very good arm; however, we do have size on our side with our DE's Tuck, and JPP which should give them trouble. If they can stop the run (which the Steelers are not great at) then our Rush could be very effective today (love the fact that Canty and Bernard could be back). Looking for a very competitive game!!!!

Your right ! This will be a Real Football game !!!!!!!!.......Ben was quoted, he wants his team to step on Eli's THROAT ! ....Nice guy ! .... I guess we feel the same way ABOUT HIM !
Key for the Steelers is keeping Roethlisberger upright !

YATittle1962
11-04-2012, 10:24 AM

in the Todd Haley offense Ben is not holding the ball nearly as long and not getting hit as much as he used to

they are more dink and dunk than they have been in many years .....which can be dangerous if the speedy receivers are clearing the barn and taking the top off the defense and leaving Miller and the backs to deal with our LBs

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
They have no weaknessses.....they are a mirror reflection of our own team........solid all over the field

They do not have our explosive Wide Outs or Pass rush, but they have a better TE

bhz12
11-04-2012, 11:00 AM
JPP! they are going to see a lot of him today and if the Steelers can't neutralize him even a bit he is going to really put some pain and turnovers on big ben and the bumble bees

Joe Morrison
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
ZERO RUNNNG GAME