PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Gilbride: "I Think We Can Be Better"

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/11/1...-can-be-better (http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/11/1/3587912/kevin-gilbride-i-think-we-can-be-better)

Excerpt: "The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) are fourth in the league in yards per game (396.8) and third in points per game (29.2). This, though, does not seem to be a good time to ask offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride for a state of the offense summation.

"We didn't have a great game [against Dallas], so this is not a great time to be asking me. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would have said we're playing great. We didn't have our best game this last week and I certainly have to give Dallas a lot of credit for that. I think we certainly had plays out there to be made," Gilbride said. "I think we can be better in every area, to be honest with you." Read more...

Moke
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I think you can make more consistent play-calling too.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM

If he's consistent, isn't that unimaginative?

Moke
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
If he's consistent, isn't that unimaginative?

Consistent as in consistent good play-calling.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Consistent as in consistent good play-calling.

But then there's the Eli factor where he can audible to whatever he thinks will beat the defense presented

Moke
11-01-2012, 08:51 PM
But then there's the Eli factor where he can audible to whatever he thinks will beat the defense presented

Damn Eli and his HB draws on 3rd and 14

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Gilbride said. "I think we can be better in every area, to be honest with you." DUH.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Gilbride said. "I think we can be better in every area, to be honest with you." DUH.

I'm pretty sure this is what he was referring to:

"The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) are fourth in the league in yards per game (396.8) and third in points per game (29.2)" As bad as we have played at times, this is not a bad place to be.

TheAnalyst
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM

"The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) are fourth in the league in yards per game (396.8) and third in points per game (29.2)" As bad as we have played at times, this is not a bad place to be.

You mean 23 of the points off the defenses turnovers vs Dallas? Offense was terrible vs Dallas.

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
That was one game, you're the analyst, surely you know how that works

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM

"The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) are fourth in the league in yards per game (396.8) and third in points per game (29.2)" As bad as we have played at times, this is not a bad place to be.All I know is our O is way too predictable like every season. We really need to mix it up and throw defenses off guard. If we can do that we will maximize our points, especially in the Red zone.

On top of that PF needs to keep the pedal to the metal on the D. No more allowing teams to comeback from over 20 points down! That was disgusting.

TheAnalyst
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
That was one game, you're the analyst, surely you know how that works

Whats that saying, "You are only as good as your last game".

BeatYale
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM

No it's not bad at all. What's bad is the redzone efficiency (TD's). We're ranked 26th in that category.

CowboysSuck
11-01-2012, 09:09 PM

yeah, Imagine if he told the media there were a couple areas where they couldnt get any better. That the offense, pertaining to this part of the game, is infallible.

Theres nothing he can say that we cant or wont criticize. I guess I dont mind, KG has been a consistent scapegoat for a while now and I think I like it this way

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
yeah, Imagine if he told the media there were a couple areas where they couldnt get any better. That the offense, pertaining to this part of the game, is infallible.

Theres nothing he can say that we cant or wont criticize. I guess I dont mind, KG has been a consistent scapegoat for a while now and I think I like it this wayI am at a loss of how we keep winning games! WE all know Eli is gonna pass in those 4th qtr comeback situations. I would prefer not to get an ulcer every Giant game. Just for once I would love to sit back, enjoy the game while we are on Cruz control. Why can we not have both the O and the D firing on all cylinders prior to the do or die games?

Buddy333
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Really? Your offense scores only 22 points and you can't seal the game witha first down and you think they can do better? Brilliant!

CowboysSuck
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I am at a loss of how we keep winning games! WE all know Eli is gonna pass in those 4th qtr comeback situations. I would prefer not to get an ulcer every Giant game. Just for once I would love to sit back, enjoy the game while we are on Cruz control. Why can we not have both the O and the D firing on all cylinders prior to the do or die games?

This, my friend, is why we are called the Giants. This is how we play football..

Harooni
11-01-2012, 09:17 PM
http://mysixcents.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/captain-obvious.jpg

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 09:20 PM
No it's not bad at all. What's bad is the redzone efficiency (TD's). We're ranked 26th in that category.

Agreed, and yet here we are at 6 - 2 and leading the Divisoin

byron
11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Agreed, and yet here we are at 6 - 2 and leading the Divisoin Luck.......;)

RoanokeFan
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Luck.......;)

Thanks for not making me wait for that lol

fansince69
11-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I have to wonder if he really thinks we can improve by taking out the productive players and reinserting older less productive players because the coaching staff is loyal

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
This, my friend, is why we are called the Giants. This is how we play football..Been a fan since 85, of course this is the Giants......but my stomach cant handle this rollercoaster every game. We need to pin our ears back and go for the kill every play, every game.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I have to wonder if he really thinks we can improve by taking out the productive players and reinserting older less productive players because the coaching staff is loyalYou wouldnt be referring to DD would ya?

fansince69
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
You wouldnt be referring to DD would ya?

I really would have no idea what you are referring to....but maybe

GiantRoc
11-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Well we may be able to get untracked. We get away from the division for a few weeks. We have definately been figured out by our division rivals. Playing them back to back really gets me worried, because we look so ordinary against them. Even if non-division teams watch those games for tips, they don't usually duplicate the results. I think the way guys get familiar with each other is what takes away from our offensive production. Guys on the other division teams just know what to expect from us. Maybe a big reason why Cruz did so well against them last year. We are definately in a funk. I'm relieved Gilbride has noticed at least.

I wish his quote was, "We have to get better."

ashleymarie
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Luck.......;)

He plays for the Colts. ;)

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I really would have no idea what you are referring to....but maybeDavid Diehl being re-inserted as a starter. We have done fine without him with Locklear and now the DD is healthy Locklear is back on the bench.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Well we may be able to get untracked. We get away from the division for a few weeks. We have definately been figured out by our division rivals. Playing them back to back really gets me worried, because we look so ordinary against them. Even if non-division teams watch those games for tips, they don't usually duplicate the results. I think the way guys get familiar with each other is what takes away from our offensive production. Guys on the other division teams just know what to expect from us. Maybe a big reason why Cruz did so well against them last year. We are definately in a funk. I'm relieved Gilbride has noticed at least.

I wish his quote was, "We have to get better."I wish his quote was " We are switching crap up, no more predictability"

JJC7301
11-01-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/11/1...-can-be-better (http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/11/1/3587912/kevin-gilbride-i-think-we-can-be-better)

Excerpt: "The New York Giants (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/new-york-giants) are fourth in the league in yards per game (396.8) and third in points per game (29.2). This, though, does not seem to be a good time to ask offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride for a state of the offense summation.

"We didn't have a great game [against Dallas], so this is not a great time to be asking me. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would have said we're playing great. We didn't have our best game this last week and I certainly have to give Dallas a lot of credit for that. I think we certainly had plays out there to be made," Gilbride said. "I think we can be better in every area, to be honest with you." Read more...
I respect Gilbride and love him as our OC, and agree with him 100% -- the Giants O can, and should, be better. They're certainly not horrible, but they could be downright scary. Like Saints-scary (Saints O over the past few years).

TheBookOfEli
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
You think you can do better? HELL YEAH YOU CAN! Am i the only one who see's how scary good we could be on offense? I'm talking about 2007 patriots scary.

joemorrisforprez
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
You think you can do better? HELL YEAH YOU CAN! Am i the only one who see's how scary good we could be on offense? I'm talking about 2007 patriots scary.

Really wish they'd bag the delayed draw....****ing hate that play.

bashful
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I think we can be better to, but KG has to change his play calling our offense has been horrible the last two weeks. He needs to shut his mouth and let eli take over

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Hey Gilbride...

SHUT UP AND COACH THE OFFENSE!

I took shut up and play the game and implied it to the coach. Which I think fits perfectly.

GiantRoc
11-02-2012, 02:51 AM
I'd love to see more Brown or Wilson in the backfield inside the 20 for a few games. Hell all over the field for that matter. If there is a hole, they can exploit it as well as Bradshaw. If there isn't a hole, either of them have a better chance to make something else happen, more so than Bradshaw. The guy needs rest. It takes more than pure guts to play in this league. The physical tools just aren't all there anymore. At least not when he runs as much as he has been. Something has to shake this team up. We should be scoring 35 pts. a game. We have so much talent, and we move the ball so well for the 1st 80 yrds. (except in our own division it would seem).

Diamondring
11-02-2012, 03:09 AM
I told you a win is not a win and I couldn't believe that posters argue with me on that. Well thanks to this post, our OC said things can be better. He saids that cause he knows that win wasn't a good one and may show Giants about to slump.

Antwuan
11-02-2012, 03:10 AM

+1

stormblue
11-02-2012, 03:11 AM
we scored OVER half of our points in just 3 games against Tampa , Cleveland and Carolina
who have a combined record of 6 and 16.
there defensive strategy revolved around keeping Laurence Tynes off the field.

we are absolute juggernauts.

foosball
11-02-2012, 04:27 AM
If we could stop lining up ink shotgun on the 1-3 yard line that would be awesome.

Captain Chaos
11-02-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure what people wanted to hear him say, for me that was pretty accurate. Personnally, i think that the g'men need to change up their plays, they've been running the same thing for years and I know that can be good if you can adjust off of them; but, throwing something in their that the other team hasn't seen once in a while could be a good thing.

OX1
11-02-2012, 08:08 AM

No you are not the only one and it is not just this year.

bigblue58
11-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Sort of like saying: "I THINK WATER IS WET"!

Settling for FG's has been a bugga boo for this team for years! One starts to wonder if Gilbride will EVER figure it out.
Look at the plays that are successful for Eli:.back shoulder throws, play action passes, fades.........these are basic plays that more than likely. Eli calls at the line, so how much credit does Gilbride even deserve for the Giants' success when you really think about it?
It's not like Gilbride is impressing the league with his special plays, designed to confuse a Defense!
Jeez....if he ever called for a fake punt or a flea flicker when the O is struggling, I think Coughlin's head would explode, and it would alter the tides.
Some of it is execution sure.......but cmon......Gilbride's play calling is so predictable, playing drinking games when the Giants have the ball is now illegal in 2 States for fear of severe alcohol poisoning!

JayMas9
11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I think "our play calling is predictable" is my least favorite comment on this board. We can pass or run. Offense is predictable fundamentally, that's why it's 90 percent execution. Fake punt? Because those consistently work out.... Maybe we should throw in some wildcat too, you know just to keep defenses on their toes.

bigblue58
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I think "our play calling is predictable" is my least favorite comment on this board. We can pass or run. Offense is predictable fundamentally, that's why it's 90 percent execution. Fake punt? Because those consistently work out.... Maybe we should throw in some wildcat too, you know just to keep defenses on their toes.

Not predictable as in the Defense knowing whats coming smart guy...predictable as in throwing when we should run and running when we should throw!
As in throwing a pass in the Egirl game, instead of running to set Tynes up in the middle of the field, to kick the game winning FG or needing 11 yards for a first down and running for 4 instead of passing a ball beyond the first down marker!
I'm talking about "what the hell are they doing?" predictable.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I told you a win is not a win and I couldn't believe that posters argue with me on that. Well thanks to this post, our OC said things can be better. He saids that cause he knows that win wasn't a good one and may show Giants about to slump.

a win is not a win?

then, a chair is not a chair

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure what people wanted to hear him say, for me that was pretty accurate. Personnally, i think that the g'men need to change up their plays, they've been running the same thing for years and I know that can be good if you can adjust off of them; but, throwing something in their that the other team hasn't seen once in a while could be a good thing.That's the entire point. I would love to see that.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Not predictable as in the Defense knowing whats coming smart guy...predictable as in throwing when we should run and running when we should throw!

Wouldnt that make him unpredictable?

Lol you guys are too funny.Gilbride is just the scape goat for blame when we dont execute. if we run when the other team knows we should be running, he is too predictable. If we pass when we should be running hes STILL predictable. I love it

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Wouldnt that make him unpredictable?

Lol you guys are too funny.Gilbride is just the scape goat for blame when we dont execute. if we run when the team knows we should be running, he is too predictable. If he passes when we should be running hes STILL predictable. I love itWe can't execute because the play calling is too predictable..
I think he'll fix it though, I trust our coaches..but it's still true.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
We can't execute because the play calling is too predictable..
I think he'll fix it though, I trust our coaches..but it's still true.

I don't know rudyy. i saw a lot of dropped passes last week.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know rudyy. i saw a lot of dropped passes last week.Because they know what's coming.
Run..lose yardage
Run again..gain 1..
Ok, now they have to pass...pass incomplete. 4th down.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Because they know what's coming.
Run..lose yardage
Run again..gain 1..
Ok, now they have to pass...pass incomplete. 4th down.

I cant believe you just said that. Cruz dropped a few wide open passes. (not counting the interception because i dont think that was his fault). Bennett dropped a very catch-able pass at the 1 yard line which should have been caught. nicks dropped a pass which would have resulted in a first down, and i am sure there were 1 or 2 more passes dropped that should have been caught. Not to mention Eli failed to hit hixon in stride on their last drive which could have resulted in us converting on that 3rd down.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I cant believe you just said that. Cruz dropped a few wide open passes. (not counting the interception because i dont think that was his fault). Bennett dropped a very catch-able pass at the 1 yard line which should have been caught. nicks dropped a pass which would have resulted in a first down, and i am sure there were 1 or 2 more passes dropped that should have been caught. Not to mention Eli failed to hit hixon in stride on their last drive which could have resulted in us converting on that 3rd down.Hixon also caught passes that were 2 and 3 yards short of the first down. The first one, he probably could have and SHOULD have gotten the first down but he went backwards. The second one was the play call. Why would you call a 7 yard slant or whatever if you need 10 yards?

And believe it, because it happens all the freaking time.
So you're basically blaming the players for every stalled drive? If so our players must really suck.

Rusty192
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Because they know what's coming.
Run..lose yardage
Run again..gain 1..
Ok, now they have to pass...pass incomplete. 4th down.I don't fault the decision initially to run predominantly on the the first two downs. Dallas was without their best run defender and they have a really good secondary. It makes sense to try and pound it. The only problem was Bradhsaw wasn't getting anywhere and I feel like we didn't adjust too much. That was our problem.

JesseJames
11-02-2012, 11:46 AM
people need to pay attention to the way our defense is playing and forget about the offense they are right up there with the best, our defense is ranked 30th in a 32 team league and IMO there is the big problem...

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't fault the decision initially to run predominantly on the the first two downs. Dallas was without their best run defender and they have a really good secondary. It makes sense to try and pound it. The only problem was Bradhsaw wasn't getting anywhere and I feel like we didn't adjust too much. That was our problem.Well you would think they'd put in Brown right?

Not blaming the coaches but they need to learn how to adjust.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
people need to pay attention to the way our defense is playing and forget about the offense they are right up there with the best, our defense is ranked 30th in a 32 team league and IMO there is the big problem...Forget about the offense? whoaaa there..

Our defense is leading (or 2nd) the league in takeaways. We give up a chunk of yardage (which I loathe) but our defense isn't playing as bad as I thought.
Our offense needs to stop stalling in the red zone.

Rusty192
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Forget about the offense? whoaaa there..

Our defense is leading (or 2nd) the league in takeaways. We give up a chunk of yardage (which I loathe) but our defense isn't playing as bad as I thought.
Our offense needs to stop stalling in the red zone.The big problem to me is that both units don't play well at the same time. Like our offense will have a big dominating drive and our defense cant stop a nosebleed. Then our defense gets a clutch TO, and our offense fumbles the ball.

They both have to complement each other. Not put pressure on the other.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Hixon also caught passes that were 2 and 3 yards short of the first down. The first one, he probably could have and SHOULD have gotten the first down but he went backwards. The second one was the play call. Why would you call a 7 yard slant or whatever if you need 10 yards?

Is that the play when hixon ran his slant too short? I think i remember that one. He should have ran the route a couple yards deeper. I highly doubtthat the play was drawn up for him to run it 2 yards before the first down. That just wouldnt make any sense.

So you're basically blaming the players for every stalled drive? If so our players must really suck.

No, but you blame the coaches for every stalled drive. There are a couple of things i cant argue about Gilbride. Every time wilson comes in, its usually a stretch play or toss to the outside. That is pretty predictable. I also noticed that they almost always give him the ball when hes in, and hes not in much. So obviously when he is in, the defense knows hes probably getting the ball.

I also cant argue for him about the play calling toward the end of the eagles game. passing so many times was out right stupid. I also feel like tom coughlin calls his timeouts at the wrong time, almost every game. But i also understand that i am not a coach and there is a reason for why the giants do these things.

Trust me i know the coaches arent perfect. However, they definitely take waaaay too much blame on here. You have to understand that we are not coaches. You cant know for sure if its the OC's fault unless you are in the film room after the game. But it should be easy to see when its not the OC's fault. Gilbride said they left a lot of plays out there and guess what those plays were? Dropped passes that should have been caught.

Flip Empty
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I am at a loss of how we keep winning games!
Haha, same here.

It's funny, I was more worried when the Giants went up by 23 last week than when they went down by a similar margin vs Tampa. They play their best when they're behind.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
people need to pay attention to the way our defense is playing and forget about the offense they are right up there with the best, our defense is ranked 30th in a 32 team league and IMO there is the big problem...

+1 this i agree with.

Giants5699
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
The Cowboys defense is really the only one that's given us trouble this year, and that team was built for the purpose of beating us supposedly so it doesn't surprise me.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Is that the play when hixon ran his slant too short? I think i remember that one. He should have ran the route a couple yards deeper. I highly doubtthat the play was drawn up for him to run it 2 yards before the first down. That just wouldnt make any sense.

No, but you blame the coaches for every stalled drive. There are a couple of things i cant argue about Gilbride. Every time wilson comes in, its usually a stretch play or toss to the outside. That is pretty predictable. I also noticed that they almost always give him the ball when hes in, and hes not in much. So obviously when he is in, the defense knows hes probably getting the ball.

I also cant argue for him about the play calling toward the end of the eagles game. passing so many times was out right stupid. I also feel like tom coughlin calls his timeouts at the wrong time, almost every game. But i also understand that i am not a coach and there is a reason for why the giants do these things.

Trust me i know the coaches arent perfect. However, they definitely take waaaay too much blame on here. You have to understand that we are not coaches. You cant know for sure if its the OC's fault unless you are in the film room after the game. But it should be easy to see when its not the OC's fault. Gilbride said they left a lot of plays out there and guess what those plays were? Dropped passes that should have been caught.When your red zone efficiency is steadily declining..over EIGHT games not just one game, or two, but EIGHT..something is wrong. Tom Coughlin said there was a problem, Kevin Gilbride says we should play better, so clearly it's a problem. I believe Tom Coughlin said "We've been trying for forever now" Ok so it's just not one game where our red zone issues have been awful. This has been going on for sometime and I think stats and what not are blinding us from the truth. Why is it taking us so long to be consistent in the red zone? I really don't know and I don't think they know either.

Now I'm not entirely blaming the coaches, how can I? I'm a fan, not a coach i'm basing my opinion on what I see. I see players dropping passes, I see players stopping their routes (Martellus Bennett sometimes) and I do call them out as well. But our coaches need to learn how to adjust. I'll give you an example. Ahmad Bradshaw needs to be more consistent, but he can't..he's injured. So why is he still in the game? he is starting to be ineffective because he's missing practices because he's injured . I'm not saying he's done, I'm not saying he's bad but he is inconsistent. Here's MY problem: You have two other running backs. One is still learning but he needs to be given the opportunity, and one can produce(Andre Brown). Why not go with them? Rest Ahmad until he gets healthy. That's where I'm starting to question coaching.

David Diehl? Where do I even begin? Sean Locklear has been very solid and is probably the reason why Eli is the least sacked quarterback in the league. But that clearly doesn't matter, let's put David Diehl back in because he was originally the starter...huh?

It's not too much blame if it's deserved. I'm not even 'blaming" them I'm just questioning their motives and they are very questionable.

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 12:42 PM
When your red zone efficiency is steadily declining..over EIGHT games not just one game, or two, but EIGHT..something is wrong. Tom Coughlin said there was a problem, Kevin Gilbride says we should play better. It's a problem.

we havent played bad in the redzone in all eight games.

Now I'm not entirely blaming the coaches, how can I? I'm a fan, not a coach i'm basing my opinion on what I see. I see players dropping passes, I see players stopping their routes (Martellus Bennett sometimes) and I do call them out as well. But our coaches need to learn how to adjust. I'll give you an example. Ahmad Bradshaw needs to be more consistent, but he can't..he's injured. So why is he still in the game?

We have only struggled to run the ball vs division opponents. It is to be expected. Every other team we played our run game has been good. If you think bradshaw isnt running hard then i dont know what to tell you. i dont think injuries really effects bradshaws running style when he is in the game. he always goes all out and then pays for it after the game. I do feel the carries should be split more evenly between him brown and wilson. Especially because hes playing injured.

David Diehl? Where do I even begin? Sean Locklear has been very solid and is probably the reason why Eli is the least sacked quarterback in the league. But that clearly doesn't matter, let's put David Diehl back in because he was originally the starter...huh?.

I agree.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
1. We haven't been consistent in the red zone.

2.Why are "they are a division opponent" always the excuse?

3. I'm glad we agree haha

bigblue58
11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
a win is not a win?

then, a chair is not a chair

I do believe that a chair is indeed a chair !
And I agree with your point completely, that a win doesn't get taken out of the W column.... just because it wasn't pretty!

Diamondring
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
a win is not a win?

then, a chair is not a chairI'm sorry I didn't explain myself. The reason why I said a win is not a win cause of the condition of the win just like a chair. We know some chairs are better than others. That Win against Dallas was real bad cause of the performance. Remember the post I had about performance? Some posters argue like performance is nothing. Yet performance is about action. Look at the catch Dallas had out of bounce in the endzone with all of our defenders around it. That should not be acceptable and if it keeps on happen, that so call performance will be a lot of losses.

What would you have? A war you won with a lot of deaths or a war you won with no to little deaths?

Diamondring
11-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I do believe that a chair is indeed a chair !
And I agree with your point completely, that a win doesn't get taken out of the W column.... just because it wasn't pretty!You always believe a win is not a win so that you are aware that if you play real bad, you are going to lose. There was a problem with the Giants offense that day and I had concers and I didn't like it. I looked mostly at the performance but never thought that the win Giants had against Dallas wasn't valuable.

BillTheGreek
11-03-2012, 03:03 AM
Kevin Gilbride: "I Think We Can Be Better"

I Agree With Kevin !

miked1958
11-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Relax guys. These are the NY giants. Not NE, Not GB or any other offense that gets it done week after week. We will have our bumps and bruises along the way in a SB winning season. It's just how we roll. We don't do anything the easy way

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry I didn't explain myself. The reason why I said a win is not a win cause of the condition of the win just like a chair. We know some chairs are better than others. That Win against Dallas was real bad cause of the performance. Remember the post I had about performance? Some posters argue like performance is nothing. Yet performance is about action. Look at the catch Dallas had out of bounce in the endzone with all of our defenders around it. That should not be acceptable and if it keeps on happen, that so call performance will be a lot of losses.

What would you have? A war you won with a lot of deaths or a war you won with no to little deaths?

a more accurate analogy would be, what would i rather? winning a close war, or dominating a war. i think we would all like to dominate the war, but thats not always the case. there are going to be close hard won games no matter how good you are. After every dominated win or loss, there are going to be things you need to work on. There is no difference here. there are things we need to work on but this is without a doubt a win and it felt damn good when it was over. And if thats how we have to beat the steelers, then guess what? IT will feel damn good to be 7-2 no matter how ugly it looked.

And guess what? If we beat the Bengals after that and go 8-2, even if its ugly it will feel DAAAAAMN Good. i love winning and i love it when this team wins. as long as we play hard im happy.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 07:39 AM
I also want to point something out that i think is important you guys know. This may sound clitche, and i am not saying this so i can look cool.

The number 1 thing i am concerned with after each game is injuries. If we were to blow dallas out but jpp were to sustain a serious injury, then in my opinion the win isnt worth it. I would rather lose a game than to lose a key player. This is the reason i wanted to sit nicks a few weeks back. I like to look at whats best for this team in the long run. we can fix offensive issues, but most serious injuries haunt you for life. That being said, if you come out of a game with a WIN, AND NO SERIOUS INJURIES? AND PLAYED HARD AS A TEAM?

Man, i dont care if you gave up 2000 yards! when you play hard like that ill always believe in you, and i know things will work out.

stormblue
11-03-2012, 07:57 AM
you really need to re-think that theory.
what you just said is that 0-16 is ok - - -
as long as we don't sustain any serious injuries.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 08:18 AM
you really need to re-think that theory.
what you just said is that 0-16 is ok - - -
as long as we don't sustain any serios injuries.

if u had to choose between losing eli to a "serious" injury or winning the dallas game, what would you choose?
Is your theory "i dont care who gets injured, just come out with a strong win"?
But enough of all of that.

the main point i was trying to make is as long as the team plays hard and there are no serious injuries i am happy with the win. thats all

stormblue
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
if u had to choose between losing eli to a "serious" injury or winning the dallas game, what would you choose?
Is your theory "i dont care who gets injured, just come out with a strong win"?
But enough of all of that.

the main point i was trying to make is as long as the team plays hard and there are no serious injuries i am happy with the win. thats all

i understand where you're coming from......i'm just saying that , unfortunately , it doesn't work that way.
win , lose or draw , there will be injuries. guaranteed. that is actually the most likely outcome
when 200lb -300lb human beings run into each other @25 mph.

so you might as well get the Win....cuz , like it or not , you are gonna get the injuries.