PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw/Brown debate

GiantRoc
11-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I think we can pretty much forget the thought of Brown moving up to more playing time. With the return of Diehl, it just solidifies the thought process of how long timers are given every edge for the Giants. I understand and respect loyalty, but it almost seems we take it to the extreme. I was hoping to see more Brown on Offense. He always seems to produce when he touches the ball. Now that Diehl is back, a premium will be placed on protecting Eli, (because he can't). Unless Brown becomes a pass blocking genius over night, forget seeing much of him. I watched the game again. On the 3rd down run on our last possession, Bradshaw ran right into the back of Snee and lost his forward momentum. There was a nice crease to his left, just 1/2 a step away. That move gives him a good chance of getting the extra yard for the 1st. I know the coaches see all the practice stuff, but should game time performance count?

appodictic
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
The giants operate a certain way. Bradshaw spent years behind Ward and jacobs. Now he is the man. Soon will be Brown Willson time, but everyone here put work in.

JJC7301
11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
The giants operate a certain way. Bradshaw spent years behind Ward and jacobs. Now he is the man. Soon will be Brown Willson time, but everyone here put work in.
Bradshaw's my favorite player and I understood them wanting to give him time with the revamped o-line when he came back, and it provided some dividends with 300 yards for Bradshaw his first 2 weeks back.

But we haven't seen that in a few weeks. It's time to let Brown start once or twice and see what he can do.

GiantRoc
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I like Bradshaw. I wish the best for him,but how can the team click when he is lucky to get 1 full practice a week. I wonder if some of the problem is that the Offense practices with Brown and Wilson most of the time. So when Bradshaw runs the plays in the games, the timing and the tendencies are different. Not to mention the fact, he plays on really sore feet. That has to be part of the trouble. He played great coming back from a couple weeks off. Maybe he just can carry the full load anymore.

JJC7301
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I like Bradshaw. I wish the best for him,but how can the team click when he is lucky to get 1 full practice a week. I wonder if some of the problem is that the Offense practices with Brown and Wilson most of the time. So when Bradshaw runs the plays in the games, the timing and the tendencies are different. Not to mention the fact, he plays on really sore feet. That has to be part of the trouble. He played great coming back from a couple weeks off. Maybe he just can carry the full load anymore.
They need to cut the crap with starting Bradshaw when he can only practice one day a week. Brown played very well in his place earlier this year, and Wilson's a 1st round pick who's doing a heck of job on kick returns.

It's not like they don't have other options. They do, and they need to use them. Give Bradshaw a break and hopefully his injuries will heal more.

Cloud57
11-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I think we can pretty much forget the thought of Brown moving up to more playing time. With the return of Diehl, it just solidifies the thought process of how long timers are given every edge for the Giants. I understand and respect loyalty, but it almost seems we take it to the extreme. I was hoping to see more Brown on Offense. He always seems to produce when he touches the ball. Now that Diehl is back, a premium will be placed on protecting Eli, (because he can't). Unless Brown becomes a pass blocking genius over night, forget seeing much of him. I watched the game again. On the 3rd down run on our last possession, Bradshaw ran right into the back of Snee and lost his forward momentum. There was a nice crease to his left, just 1/2 a step away. That move gives him a good chance of getting the extra yard for the 1st. I know the coaches see all the practice stuff, but should game time performance count?

Good point, I feel bad for the rookies getting drafted by the Giants, it takes a few years before they actually get to play.

nycisgreat
11-01-2012, 11:27 PM

Yeah, you are right. But that was then and this is now. I have been hoping for a long time to see our team use multiple back just like in the past with Ward and BJ, but since this team drifted away from the run game. It doesn't seem like we are giving young guys the same opportunities that Bradshaw got. I am just hoping something changes. Last year I wanted to see more De'rel Scott. This season Brown. At some point, this coaching staff is going to be forced give the RBs opportunities. I think because of the loyalty factor it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see much of brown the entire season if Bradshaw is healthy enough to play.

joemorrisforprez
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
They need to cut the crap with starting Bradshaw when he can only practice one day a week. Brown played very well in his place earlier this year, and Wilson's a 1st round pick who's doing a heck of job on kick returns.

It's not like they don't have other options. They do, and they need to use them. Give Bradshaw a break and hopefully his injuries will heal more.

I agree 100%.

joemorrisforprez
11-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I watched the game again. On the 3rd down run on our last possession, Bradshaw ran right into the back of Snee and lost his forward momentum. There was a nice crease to his left, just 1/2 a step away. That move gives him a good chance of getting the extra yard for the 1st. I know the coaches see all the practice stuff, but should game time performance count?

That happens quite a bit....whether it is bailing on a play too soon, or simply not seeing daylight.....Bradshaw's field vision just isn't a strength. Neither is ball security.

Bradshaw is a ferocious runner......period. The cuts and speed really aren't there anymore....it's just pure guts. And I respect that......but Brown and Wilson deserve more opportunities.

BlueSanta
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
It doesn't seem like we are giving young guys the same opportunities that Bradshaw got..

Bradshaw didnt see significant play time (other than kick returns) until very late into his rookie year. In fact they started Ruben Droughns in 1 game when we were heavily injured rather than give Bradshaw his 1st start.

Toadofsteel
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Good point, I feel bad for the rookies getting drafted by the Giants, it takes a few years before they actually get to play.

And once they do get the chance to play, we've squandered their most athletic years, and there's a younger and faster rookie in the backup role. In a couple years we're going to be complaining that Wilson gets too many carries and some young hotshot behind him needs to get more touches...

stormblue
11-02-2012, 02:43 AM
And once they do get the chance to play, we've squandered their most athletic years, and there's a younger and faster rookie in the backup role. In a couple years we're going to be complaining that Wilson gets too many carries and some young hotshot behind him needs to get more touches...
you are soooooo right.
but i hope that somebody realizes that and wakes up and lets
Wilson and Brown become the next version of Tiki and Jacobs...
and i hope it happens at some point sooner than later.

Mohann
11-02-2012, 02:55 AM
I'd like to see more of Brown.

Captain Chaos
11-02-2012, 08:08 AM
I really think that they need to do a better job with the splits, last week it was Bradshaw 22 carries to Brown's 3. It should be more of a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio

nycisgreat
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Bradshaw didnt see significant play time (other than kick returns) until very late into his rookie year. In fact they started Ruben Droughns in 1 game when we were heavily injured rather than give Bradshaw his 1st start..

Yep, this is true. Reuben Droughns got his opportunities then eventually Bradshaw. If Bradshaw is active on Sunday's, he will take a bulk of the snap whether he is hurting or not, but. It does seems like the coaching staff have no problem pigeon holing guys regardless of production. Everyone likes Bradshaw, but I prefer the RB combo. I don't like the feature back strategy. I feel our run game would be best if we split the carries between AB #1 and AB#2. Give Brown an opportunity to pass protect to keep the other teams off balance if we decide to pass or run.

TheShouldersOf
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I Would Rather See Wilson any day,

rtr1105
11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
They need to use them both. Bradshaw is inconsistent and when he is having a bad day we need other guys in there to mix it up. Plus, Bradshaw runs more east and west while Brown is more north and south.

Ruttiger711
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM

I dont know... i think actually playing squanders more of their years than riding the bench, but i see what you mean.

CowboysSuck
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Sometimes I reallllly want to punch TC in the face for his unwillingness to change. yeah yeah yeah we won two SB's....it doesnt mean we shouldnt be giving Wilson and brown some ****in touches...unbelievable