PDA

View Full Version : JAM the DAMN receivers!!!!!

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR?

this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants

this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time....

but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late...

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them

throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second

even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer

BlueJayC
12-19-2011, 12:00 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=5>THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</FONT></P>

Been with you all year on this. Would force QB's to force the ball over top of the corners and under Phillips and Rolle.....potential feeding frenzy.....they have not done this one bit ALL YEAR.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changerTotally agree!, I have been shouting this at the TV all season and when i went to the Saints game. If you throw off the timing of the QB/Reciever....it lets our front four...er three in fewells case have an extra second or two to get in the backfield while the QB is trying to make his adjustments!! Anyone with a little football knowledge can figure that out, dont know why fewell and co cant!

Drez
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer</P>

This has to be my biggest complaint with PF.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever....

what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR?

this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time....

but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late...

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second

even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer

Go back & watch the Pats game scheme & copy that. It's no rocket science. They did at times jam the recievers in that game & haven't done it since.

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

+1,000,000,000

Tony Bruno
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
I dont get it... Its something every team does but us...

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont get it... Its something every team does but us...

very odd.....no?

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer</p>

This has to be my biggest complaint with PF.</p>TOTALLY AGREED!!!!!

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 12:56 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

I'm going to guess that it's because Webster is our only DB that can actually cover in man-press.

And while jamming the receivers is cool ... it's sort of like blitzing ... if you whif, you leave yourself utterly exposed.

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.

Kase-1
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

I'm going to guess that it's because Webster is our only DB that can actually cover in man-press.

And while jamming the receivers is cool ... it's sort of like blitzing ... if you whif, you leave yourself utterly exposed.

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.I thought that USED to be Ross' forte, and hoped it would be Prince's as well but Prince looks to be a lil lost out there in Fewell's scheme

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 12:59 PM
does it matter if they whiff?...So instead of scoring on us in 4 plays..they score in 2...at least you have a chance to throw off their timing and not just let them run free..

galaxy10
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

But having said all that, this is one of the reasons that I think Fewell is actually a *bad* DC.I thought that USED to be Ross' forte, and hoped it would be Prince's as well but Prince looks to be a lil lost out there in Fewell's scheme

He has plenty of company with looking "lost" Fewell needs to simplify the defense. I want Spags back.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

Ross has the speed to cover well but not the instinct ... he gets burned repeatedly on whatever moves the receiver puts on.

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer</P>

Been saying this for weeks as well. The LB's dont do it enough either. With these short pass teams that flood the NFL these days u have to hit them. These QB's alot of time are throwing quick passes to spots and if u mess up the timing that means no one is there and u create turnovers.U can still play zone and be an aggressive defense ask **** Lebeau and Dom Capers.A Read and react zone doesnt work with these Bill Walsh West Coast offensive teams. I think its a bad defense in terms of moral for the defense as well.U would rather play for the coach that lets u be aggressive in your face attacking blitzing defense then a sit back and play coverage defense. Defense is about emotion and to be honest Fewell neuters the Giant defenders in a sense</P>

hadenough
12-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I think everyone just needs to face that the coaches aren't that good.

No clue what Fewell is doing. Gilbride is very strange sometimes.

Both the offense and defense make waaaaayyyy too many mistakes. And its a product of the coaches. Either their systems are way to complicated or they don't know how to communicate with the players what exactly to do.

They may be one of the worst coached teams around.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
does it matter if they whiff?...So instead of scoring on us in 4 plays..they score in 2...at least you have a chance to throw off their timing and not just let them run free..

Sure it matters ... we still lose and look worse doing it.

For instance, we ran a lot of man-press against the Pats (which messes up the Pats a lot) and it worked very well.

However, the Pats receivers are fairly slow and with the exception of Welker, don't boast a lot in the way of game-breaking moves. They rely on scheme a lot.

We tried to run the same defense against the Saints and it blew up in our face. The Saints receivers are much faster and that entire offense ad-libs much better then the Pats offense does. Combined with them keeping extra blockers in to protect Brees (thoroughly negating our 3 and 4 man ruishes), they passed and ran all over us (run plays being the other way you beat man coverage).

Fewell is fairly static (minus a wrinkle or two here and there) with his defenses and I think the reason why is because of how utterly embarassed he got by the Colts last year. From that point on, he doesn't veer too far away from the basic Cover 2 which is fairly easy to shred when not played aggressively (which we don't).

Zaggs
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I've yet to understand why they aren't doing this. The best way to counter a pass rush is quick passes. jam the receivers and those quick passes are not so quick.

Kruunch
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I think everyone just needs to face that the coaches aren't that good.

No clue what Fewell is doing. Gilbride is very strange sometimes.

Both the offense and defense make waaaaayyyy too many mistakes. And its a product of the coaches. Either their systems are way to complicated or they don't know how to communicate with the players what exactly to do.

They may be one of the worst coached teams around.

This is simply incorrect.

TC is a good head coach and one of the better "managers" in the league. KG is also one of the better OCs in the league and sports a record to prove it.

I didn't think Fewell did much to merit the job in the first place and I think he's done a less than mediocre job at best over the past two years.

Unfortunately TC is like the anti-Bellichick .... he depends on his coordinators for the actual game-time planning and running of the Xs and Os (whereas many other HCs can take over and/or have more input on one side of the bal or the other).

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Been saying this for weeks as well. The LB's* dont do it enough either. With these short pass teams that flood the NFL these days u have to hit them. These QB's alot of time are throwing quick passes to spots and if u mess up the timing that means no one is there and u create turnovers.U can still play zone and be an aggressive defense ask **** Lebeau* and Dom Capers.A Read and react zone doesnt work with these Bill Walsh West Coast offensive teams. I think its a bad defense in terms of moral for the defense as well.*U would rather play for the coach that lets u be aggressive in your face attacking blitzing defense then a sit back and play coverage defense. Defense is about emotion and to be honest Fewell neuters the Giant defenders in a sense</P>

another thing......

yes you have to honor the run....absolutely...

but these LB bite so hard on play action that they are stuck there on roller skates and guys are running across the middle of the field alone.....

Roosevelt
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

This makes total sense and it's something I hadn't noticed we weren't doing. While I do recall Webster getting beat off a jam recently, something has to change and I think it makes sense.

Question for you about zone defense though. When I teach zone coverage in basketball I instruct my players to get "on the line" and to move on the pass. It seems to me the philosophy would be the very similar in football.

But the Giants secondary seem to sit back waiting for a player to come to them. At some point zone has to change to "man." You simply must get on someone. And that change comes way too late.

I get completely dumbfounded watching this defense, and simply cannot believe that this is what the NY Giants have become.

Funny, earlier today Francesa said that Antrel Rolle would only make it on the Giants 1990 team on Special Teams. I'm beginning to think he's right.

YATittle1962
12-19-2011, 03:55 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

This makes total sense and it's something I hadn't noticed we weren't doing.* While I do recall Webster getting beat off a jam recently, something has to change and I think it makes sense.*

Question for you about zone defense though.* When I teach zone coverage in basketball I instruct my players to get "on the line" and to move on the pass.* It seems to me the philosophy would be the very similar in football.

But the Giants secondary seem to sit back waiting for a player to come to them.* At some point zone has to change to "man."* You simply must get on someone.* And that change comes way too late.*

I get completely dumbfounded watching this defense, and simply cannot believe that this is what the NY Giants have become.

Funny, earlier today Francesa said that Antrel Rolle would only make it on the Giants 1990 team on Special Teams.* I'm beginning to think he's right.*

Mike is absolutely right.....Rolle would be a taxi squad body on those teams

and you can absolutely press in zone......if yr creative.....

which its apparent that Fewell is not

seems like the pass rush flounders and he is out of ideas......very frustrating

lawl
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Not quite sure what can be done on defense.

Rolle is being forced to cover the slot because he's the best option, but let's face it. That's not what we brought him here to do.

Tuck is absolutely invisible. Osi's hurt, like always, and kiwi is at LBer. We invested all these assets into our pass rush and cover guys because theyre the ones that are supposed to win games for us. But when they're all hurt we're ****ed.

Herzlich jammed a WR on the game winner against Philly just to have the ball thrown in behind him. Ross was in press when he got burned by miles austin and Tony romo decided to try and make a perfect throw and missed.

Nothing fewell tries works because the pass rush is nonexistent besides one edge and 3 of our corners that would have made the team are on IR or were hurt for 10 games.

3rd and 17. Fewell rushes 3 rolle comes up to make the tackle and misses. 4th and 1, prince gets beat in press coverage.

If you're perry you see this happening. What the hell are you supposed to do??

If we want to win games the offense has to score score and score some more

gmen0820
12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
There is a lot wrong with this defense, this is among our problems. The way I look at it with this defense is jamming receivers is not much of a solution. First off, other than Webster, our corners can't really jam. Ross gets blown off the line and Muka just doesn't look good.

It could do a little bit, but right now it's just a "stimulus package"-esque solution.

Ruttiger711
12-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Without question this needs to be done with some very physical play. In the Dallas game Ross looked like he "tried" to jam Austin at the line but whiffed... then tony romo overthrew him or Austin lost it - whatever - Ross sure as hell didnt defend it. </P>

What would be even worse is that itIS implemented and we cant do that well either. </P>

</P>

</P>

mfraykor
12-19-2011, 04:29 PM

This has to be my biggest complaint with PF.</P>

I don't know... I am asking.. but is it a personal decision to play close up or deep on a receiver.... do the backs make that decision based on who they are up against... speed wise etc... or are they told were to play and if to jam a receiver or not

Redeyejedi
12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
ok.....I dont hate Fewell....I understand what he is dealing with ....hes not the best....hes not the worst....whatever.... what I for the life of me cannot understand is .....why does he have these corners playing 7 yards off the WR? this gives the receiver the option to do whatever he wants this is seen more in situations when teams have a ferocious pass rush ....which we obviously do not at this point in time.... but these coaches have to see on film that our pass rush is usually one to two seconds late... how to fix this? JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS you have 5 yards to mug the **** out of them throw him off his route.....make the QB think....and give that pass rush that extra second even if it works 2 times in a game.....one of those plays could be the game changer

This makes total sense and it's something I hadn't noticed we weren't doing. While I do recall Webster getting beat off a jam recently, something has to change and I think it makes sense.

Question for you about zone defense though. When I teach zone coverage in basketball I instruct my players to get "on the line" and to move on the pass. It seems to me the philosophy would be the very similar in football.

But the Giants secondary seem to sit back waiting for a player to come to them. At some point zone has to change to "man." You simply must get on someone. And that change comes way too late.

Funny, earlier today Francesa said that Antrel Rolle would only make it on the Giants 1990 team on Special Teams. I'm beginning to think he's right.
Mike is absolutely right.....Rolle would be a taxi squad body on those teams and you can absolutely press in zone......if yr creative..... which its apparent that Fewell is not seems like the pass rush flounders and he is out of ideas......very frustrating Who is the coach next season</P>

Tom Coughlin</P>

Bill Cowher</P>

Mike Zimmer</P>

Steve Spagnuolo </P>

Who can turn this mess around. Who ever it is better be someone with an attacking mind set. No more putting the D on its heels before the snap</P>

NYG4ME
12-19-2011, 05:37 PM

how to fix this?

JAM THE DAMN RECEIVERS

Your last 4 lines are perfect, This could potentially change the entire D. I wouldnt do this against faster receivers.. But at this point anything is worth a shot.