PDA

View Full Version : Two coaching errors

bashful
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
There are to coaching errors one cost us a game, the other almost did.

The first was the Philly game - where was TC has head coach he needed to intercede and say run the ball and kick the FG. That pass was uncalled for.

2nd - at Dallas who is the special teams coach. You never field a punt inside the 10, signal fair catch to slow the defenders and let the ball go. That error really hurt us we went 3 and out and Dallas scored.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Huh?????

Marvelousmik
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM

The first was the Philly game - where was TC has head coach he needed to intercede and say run the ball and kick the FG. That pass was uncalled for.

2nd - at Dallas who is the special teams coach. You never field a punt inside the 10, signal fair catch to slow the defenders and let the ball go. That error really hurt us we went 3 and out and Dallas scored.

I agree with the first one. But how is the second one a coaching error?

miked1958
11-01-2012, 11:44 PM
He's right

gmen0820
11-01-2012, 11:58 PM
What about taking a timeout with like 15 seconds for Tynes to kick a FG vs SF at the end of the second?

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Dammit. I think we got trolled.

TomCat_FIN
11-02-2012, 03:16 AM
The Philly one yeah. No need to get greedy and try to pass on that second to last play anymore. You knew that after 2 defensive pass interference penalties, the next one would be going against the offense and BANG it happened.

stormblue
11-02-2012, 03:32 AM
2?........ 2 ??

did you say 2 ???!!!

ROFLMAO

Diamondring
11-02-2012, 04:25 AM
The Philly one yeah. No need to get greedy and try to pass on that second to last play anymore. You knew that after 2 defensive pass interference penalties, the next one would be going against the offense and BANG it happened.Well that stupid wr should know how to catch those type of passes.

Captain Chaos
11-02-2012, 06:42 AM
I only think the Philly call was a coaching error, that is if Eli didn't roll to a pass play. Barden had been getting the best of the match up; however, on that last throw he had outside position and Eli threw it to the inside, if Barden doesn't take the guy out of the play it would have been easily intercepted.

sheepdip
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I have pointed out a lot of these and more then 2 for sure. Lets face it giants as a team make up for a lot of these coaching gaffes. This has been going on for a while.

jomo
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM

2nd - at Dallas who is the special teams coach. You never field a punt inside the 10, signal fair catch to slow the defenders and let the ball go. That error really hurt us we went 3 and out and Dallas scored.Seems clear to me that TC needs to go.

jomo
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM

2nd - at Dallas who is the special teams coach. You never field a punt inside the 10, signal fair catch to slow the defenders and let the ball go. That error really hurt us we went 3 and out and Dallas scored........or the optomist would say that just about every sports pundit considers this Giants team one of the top 5 in the league, some even call it the best. I like optomists if you haven't noticed.

RoanokeFan
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM

# 1, If Eli had thrown that ball to the opposite shoulder, it would have been caught for a gain or fallen incomplete, either of which would have been fine. The ensuing penalty on Barden, while costly, had to be committed or risk an interception.

#2, Returners are instructed not to field a punt inside the 10. I don't know if Randle forgot where he was but that was an execution failure, not a coaching failure.

Rusty192
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
# 1, If Eli had thrown that ball to the opposite shoulder, it would have been caught for a gain or fallen incomplete, either of which would have been fine. The ensuing penalty on Barden, while costly, had to be committed or risk an interception.In my opinion we should have never have gone to that call in the first place. Whether that is on TC or Eli .

RoanokeFan
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
In my opinion we should have never have gone to that call in the first place. Whether that is on TC or Eli .

It's not on TC in any event, it's either Gilbride or Eli

RoanokeFan
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Seems clear to me that TC needs to go.

+1

Rusty192
11-02-2012, 02:05 PM
It's not on TC in any event, it's either Gilbride or EliSo he has no input in the last few deciding seconds of a game? We could have just kicked a FG.