PDA

View Full Version : Game Attendance Thread

NYGiantsFan56
11-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Just wondering who's going to the game among season ticket holders? Talked to a few people who sit around me at the game who in total have 8 tickets and only one person with 2 tickets is going. The other 2 people aren't going as of now because they have no gas or not eneough gas to get to Giants Stadium. Hope this does not become a widespread problem.

Giantsin04
11-02-2012, 07:56 AM
If the stadium is half full (I doubt that will be the case), then so be it. I'm not sure who you're worried for? The players? The owners? - They'll live.

Jahh
11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Michael Coe tweeted last night that he "ran out of gas trying to get gas" and "there isn't an ounce of gas left in jersey"

RoanokeFan
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
I would expect attendance to be measurably down. The gasoline situation alone will keep many people away and with so many homes without power there are far more things to take care of. My son, who lives in Connecticut, is going with a friend but they made it through the storm relatively unscathed which si a first for him.

NJ Governor Christie is now alloowing gas reatilers to get product from out of state which should halpe the situation as they wait for local refineries to come back online.

timmytimm3
11-02-2012, 08:03 AM
A good friend of mine is a season ticket holder (4) and is taking my girlfriend and I. We're from CT and got lucky as far as storm damage.

LET'S GO BLUE!

Die-Hard
11-02-2012, 08:19 AM
We should expect to see some empty areas of the stadium on Sunday. Some things in life are just more important, and unavoidable.

Giantsin04
11-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't think the place is going to be as empty as some. The only evidence I have is that stubhub prices don't look to have come down much. I would think people would be selling them for peanuts if the demand was so low. If the stadium is going to half empty, wouldnt people be trying to get a least something for them?

Die-Hard
11-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Oh, I'm not suggesting that the place will be half empty. It likely just wont be packed like we are used to seeing it. If I had to endure that kind of destruction, the last thing I'd be thinking about would be a football game.

miked1958
11-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't think the place is going to be as empty as some. The only evidence I have is that stubhub prices don't look to have come down much. I would think people would be selling them for peanuts if the demand was so low. If the stadium is going to half empty, wouldnt people be trying to get a least something for them?Yea but the people theyd be trying to see the tickets to would be in the same situation storm wise as they are in. so they prob wouldnt be in a position to buy them or to be able to get to the stadium

miked1958
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
NFL will never postpone a game due to the NFL Schedule. It would mess everything up. They only way theyd do it is if both teams had the same Bye week and that is not the case. Moving it to monday or tuesday night would not make that much of a difference as the Problems that are Storm related will take months and in some cases years to fix, so a few days wont matter in this case and all it would do is mess up the Prep for the Giants and Steelers for their games next weekend if they played on Monday or Tuesday night.

miked1958
11-02-2012, 08:47 AM
the only other option would be to move the game to another location like was done when Minnesota had the Snow Storm and part of the Metrodome roof caved in and we had to play them at Ford Field in Detroit as Lions were Away that weekend.. I think they gave refunds to the people that wanted them who couldnt travel that far and sold tickets at the gate for Lions fans or whoever wanted to go. I guess same deal with the Saints fans that lost out on going to the game when katrina hit and they moved it to NY. Giants fans just got a chance to purchase ticketes for an extra game. I had tickets for that NO game at the Dome and they gave me a refund.

I guess the only places they could move game to would be Buffalo who is Away this weekend, Baltimore is also away. Cleveland and Cinn both have Home games. NE is on a Bye. and Philly is At NO.. I think Pittsburgh is dealing with its own issues with the storm themselves

giantsfan420
11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Isnt there some bs blackout rule where if the stadium isnt sold out they cant show it on tv???

And if anyone cant make the game, id walk to giants stadium if i could get in...would the giants org. Possible give tix away? Ive seen that happen before with other pro sports team and incidents where it was known a ton of ppl wont be able to make the game...

NYGiantsFan56
11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Isnt there some bs blackout rule where if the stadium isnt sold out they cant show it on tv???

And if anyone cant make the game, id walk to giants stadium if i could get in...would the giants org. Possible give tix away? Ive seen that happen before with other pro sports team and incidents where it was known a ton of ppl wont be able to make the game...
As long as game is sold out there will be no blackout. Game sold out its just a question of whose coming. Doubt if many people will watch on television since many people without electricity.

fletch842
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
As long as game is sold out there will be no blackout. Game sold out its just a question of whose coming. Doubt if many people will watch on television since many people without electricity.
hopefully the NFL waives the blackout rule for this game, under the circumstances. Will be pretty cheap/cruel of them not to.

mitchmac
11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Game is sold out so there will be no blackout. I think the posts are more about how many people will actually attend. And honestly, i wouldn't expect to see a lot of empty seats. And I'm still not sure how the idea to move the game elsewhere came up. Why??

In my case, i haven't had electricity since Monday, and whether or not i have it by Sunday I'll be there.

jomo
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I am going unless things get worse with gasoline between now and then. I don't expect that to happen. We should see measurable improvement on Long Island as well as New Jersey as power comes back to more stations and the supply barges continue to flow in.

BlueReign
11-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll be there with 4 of my buddies from college. Gonna be tailgating strong.

smlst40
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I'll be commuting in from Pittsburgh tomorrow. I have a question for parking, my season ticket package gives me a red tag for E, F, G, but I also got one for lot M. Is lot M better than E, F, G?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and go G-Men! I really don't want to ride home with jolly Steeler fans.

ozzie0075
11-02-2012, 05:42 PM
the only other option would be to move the game to another location like was done when Minnesota had the Snow Storm and part of the Metrodome roof caved in and we had to play them at Ford Field in Detroit as Lions were Away that weekend.. I think they gave refunds to the people that wanted them who couldnt travel that far and sold tickets at the gate for Lions fans or whoever wanted to go. I guess same deal with the Saints fans that lost out on going to the game when katrina hit and they moved it to NY. Giants fans just got a chance to purchase ticketes for an extra game. I had tickets for that NO game at the Dome and they gave me a refund.

I guess the only places they could move game to would be Buffalo who is Away this weekend, Baltimore is also away. Cleveland and Cinn both have Home games. NE is on a Bye. and Philly is At NO.. I think Pittsburgh is dealing with its own issues with the storm themselves

I went the Giants vs. Minnesota game at Ford Field. Tickets were actually free and given out on a first come first serve basis. Which meant a lot of lost revenue for the Vikings. That is why the Giants will play the at home. If you were to move the game to a neutral site they would most likely make the tickets free again.

PETEY006
11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
preseason like attendance.

CowboysSuck
11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
What are these people doing with the tickets? gee, I'll take one!!! Those things are like gold to non PSL holders

Eli TO Shockey
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
The stadium will be packed. there is a huge demand for giants tickets. Why would anyone who can't make the game not sell their tickets?

BlueJayC
11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I live in Hoboken and am a season ticket holder and am looking forward to the game. Chances are We'll have more power and food at our tailgate then we do at home. This game should provide us with some relief from the stresses earlier in the week. The gas situation is much better today than it was a day ago. Question is will the trains be running from Hoboken and the city as the rails got slammed by the storm surge. Heard from a guy that works here at the Hoboken NJ Transit station that it will be months before they're fully operational but they're running shuttle trains to the Secaucus station which made it through unscathed. I think the train service will play the biggest role in attendance for this week's game.A Big Blue victory will go a long way in healing this town.

idiotekniQues
11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I live in Hoboken and am a season ticket holder and am looking forward to the game. Chances are We'll have more power and food at our tailgate then we do at home. This game should provide us with some relief from the stresses earlier in the week. The gas situation is much better today than it was a day ago. Question is will the trains be running from Hoboken and the city as the rails got slammed by the storm surge. Heard from a guy that works here at the Hoboken NJ Transit station that it will be months before they're fully operational but they're running shuttle trains to the Secaucus station which made it through unscathed. I think the train service will play the biggest role in attendance for this week's game.A Big Blue victory will go a long way in healing this town.

there is no NJ Transit Train service to the game. Secaucus Junction is closed.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Parking--Travel-to-MetLife-Stadium-for-Steelers-Game/a833a5a4-fbf4-4c72-bb69-54baba43accd