PDA

View Full Version : Even Bob Papa thinks we are a little bit spoiled. (check out giants online)

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Giants-Online-Steelers-Game/f06c23e9-6adc-4a44-a547-4b464c7762bc

From listening to this, i also think Bennett needs to start stepping up if teams are going to double team nicks and cruz.

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Giants-Online-Steelers-Game/f06c23e9-6adc-4a44-a547-4b464c7762bc

From listening to this, i also think Bennett needs to start stepping up if teams are going to double team nicks and cruz.I think they use him primarily for blocking. Where is Hixon?

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Hixon too. but im more worried about bennett. he has had a number of drops and i feel like he could be more dominant that hes playing right now

stormblue
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
they have all had the dropsies since the 49er game.....i wonder.....
could that have been OUR stickum that we forgot to............

RoanokeFan
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Hixon too. but im more worried about bennett. he has had a number of drops and i feel like he could be more dominant that hes playing right now

I think Hixon and Bennett have stepped up, and to a lesser extent Randle has. The Dallas game was not a good example of our air superiority for whatever reason. Eli was off, Cruz was off, it was just off. I don't expect to see that inept a passing game for the remainder of the season

GameTime
11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
my personal opinion is that Bennet has concentration and focus issues. Like an "ADD" type of thing. Just my thoughts.
Seems like his mind is always going and maybe not necessarily about what he shoudl be doing at the moment...

repeatchamps
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
my personal opinion is that Bennet has concentration and focus issues. Like an "ADD" type of thing. Just my thoughts.
Seems like his mind is always going and maybe not necessarily about what he shoudl be doing at the moment...

You still going to the game Sunday? I am having a hard time snagging tickets. Lowers are ridiculously pricey right now and have been for weeks and I only sit in lowers lol.

FBomb
11-02-2012, 01:42 PM
We ARE spoiled, so what? If being spoiled means you want your talent to play up to their capablities. If you're not spoiled than what are you, content?

Rudyy
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
We ARE spoiled, so what? If being spoiled means you want your talent to play up to their capablities. If you're not spoiled than what are you, content?Good point.

TheAnalyst
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
We are. This may be the best era of Giants football ever.

Drez
11-02-2012, 01:48 PM
We ARE spoiled, so what? If being spoiled means you want your talent to play up to their capablities. If you're not spoiled than what are you, content?
Like the old saying goes, if you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Drez
11-02-2012, 01:49 PM

From listening to this, i also think Bennett needs to start stepping up if teams are going to double team nicks and cruz.
I can't listen right now, what did he say that indicated the Giants were spoiled?

bearbryant
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
they have all had the dropsies since the 49 game.....i wonder.....
could that have been OUR stickum that we forgot to............

100%. Watching it on rerun you see that it;s both receivers and QB not playing their game: Eli's passing has been off and when the ball is delivered and catchable it doesn't happen; sooooo. This enables us to get to our good football where everyone is playing their best football... Hopefully it begins Sunday! Go Giants!!!

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 02:06 PM
I can't listen right now, what did he say that indicated the Giants were spoiled?

he was just saying that giant fans are a little spoiled because we are used to the giants picking on the dallas corners and what not. but this year the cowboys have really good corners and that most of our struggles on offense are happening within the division. Nothing serious. I too feel we have a lot of improving to do. I only made the spoiled thread because of all the negative things that were being said after the game last week. but i agree we have a lot of improving to do. no one should be fired this team is working hard on improving and playing their hearts out. Dallas in my opinion is a very strong team if they get their heads together. And they displayed that last week.

fansince69
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Obviously needs some Adderall...lol maybe he could borrow some from Sash

giantsfan420
11-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Does no one else realize bennett has the second most receptions on the team? Lol spoiled is fitting...mb isnt gonna catch every pass, he was targeted six times and made four catches. I havent seen him run lazy routes or have add but thats just me. Our offense doesnt even make the te a primary receiver and mb still has been doing well ESPECIALLY considering this strerch of play that for some reason has received criticism occurred AFTER he hyperextended his knee AND played thru it...mb has been nothing short of great for us, esp in the blocking game...

Marvelousmik
11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Does no one else realize bennett has the second most receptions on the team? Lol spoiled is fitting...mb isnt gonna catch every pass, he was targeted six times and made four catches. I havent seen him run lazy routes or have add but thats just me. Our offense doesnt even make the te a primary receiver and mb still has been doing well ESPECIALLY considering this strerch of play that for some reason has received criticism occurred AFTER he hyperextended his knee AND played thru it...mb has been nothing short of great for us, esp in the blocking game...

i know hes good at blocking but im a little skeptical about his hands and i feel he has the potential to do more for us in the passing game.

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Second most receptions cause Eli is not like Romo who only throws to one target, he spreads the ball around. He made Barden look like a slower Fitzgerald in one game {exaggeration}.
He's a great blocker, and he has had good games. What I and most other fans have been preaching when it comes to Bennett is consistency. He does run lazy routes, rounding his cuts is lazy. He is too athletic to be rounding anything. Now I am not saying all his routes are piss poor but it is blatantly apparent when they are.
Bennett has exceeded my initial expectations, but my still waiting from him to prove me wrong on the consistency part. If he's only getting six targets a game he should be catching six balls, its not like they are asking him to run option routes.

Captain Chaos
11-03-2012, 07:03 AM
I think this could be a huge game for Bennett, with the way the Steelers D is set up I think he could be very effective. I also think that Hynoski could be the x factor in the run game this week.....

Buddy333
11-03-2012, 08:39 AM
So because they have won a couple of championships the fans should accept second half collapses and winning a game by half a finger when they where leading 23-0? As far as Bennett goes isn't he the best blocking TE around. I think that holds back his ever so important stat sheet. The fantasy football world will just have to get by. When teams double Nicks and Cruz this year you have to remember they don't have Manningham anymore. Hixon is a nice player and fan favorite but he is not Manningham and neither is Barden. They drafted a guy that some said could be the next Nicks but Randle is just a rookie. If they can survive the second Hal of this season maybe Randle will come through for the post season.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
So because they have won a couple of championships the fans should accept second half collapses and winning a game by half a finger when they where leading 23-0? As far as Bennett goes isn't he the best blocking TE around. I think that holds back his ever so important stat sheet. The fantasy football world will just have to get by. When teams double Nicks and Cruz this year you have to remember they don't have Manningham anymore. Hixon is a nice player and fan favorite but he is not Manningham and neither is Barden. They drafted a guy that some said could be the next Nicks but Randle is just a rookie. If they can survive the second Hal of this season maybe Randle will come through for the post season.

bennett has done a good job blocking, but needs to stop dropping easy passes because we need him to step up when nicks and cruz are being doubled.

discuss

Buddy333
11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
I think Bennett has not had the drops lately. At the start of the season he had issues. I think his blocking is what helped the running game start to click and also a big part of why Eli has not been getting sacked.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I know Bennett hasn't looked as good as he did during those first three weeks but couldn't the huperextended knee be a valid reason for the slight drop off in the passing game?and I don't cAre how he's done it but he's second in receptions ad up there for Tds on a 6-2team. If he still has to prove something to someone that person wants perfection, which IMO could be deemed somewhat spoiled

stormblue
11-03-2012, 10:42 AM
i'm not spoiled , i think that for 2 straight games the offense has executed
very poorly...all of them , poor blocking , poor running , dropped passes
Eli over-throwing , under-throwing , misreading coverages...KG paying no
attention to down and distance and calling a very poor chess-match 2 games in a row.

the defense just watches as people march up and down the field to the tune of
500 yards per game. do you realize we have only made the opposing team punt 4 times
in the last 2 weeks . PF's game plan seems to be to see if we can get a lucky turnover before they score.
stopping a drive and making them punt does not even seem to be in the playbook.
bunch of keystone cops running around back there.

spoiled ? ....SPOILED ?? !!

i don't think so.

this ain't Cleveland or Kansas City , we are proud fans
of the New York Football Giants and we bleed blue
and we don't have to accept this kind of bullsh!t.

they need to clock in and do their freakin' jobs just like you and me !!!

Sarcasman
11-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I think Hixon and Bennett have stepped up, and to a lesser extent Randle has. The Dallas game was not a good example of our air superiority for whatever reason. Eli was off, Cruz was off, it was just off. I don't expect to see that inept a passing game for the remainder of the season

I do think the offense has been a bit out of synch for the past few games but - as much as I hate the guy - I think Rob Ryan's defense deserves a fair share of the credit for the offense's poor play last week.

Sarcasman
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
bennett has done a good job blocking, but needs to stop dropping easy passes because we need him to step up when nicks and cruz are being doubled.

discuss

I think that may be asking the guy to do more than he's capable.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Watching the talent on this team and expecting them to play to what they are capable of isn't being spoiled. IM not expecting us to blow ever team out but not shooting yourself in the foot is reasonable.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Bennett has been doing very well this year. People are dismissing the injury he plays through that wasn't a joke. He second on the team with receptions There's a reason for that I do think though that he does need to be more active when he gets one on one coverage. But dude had three touchdowns the first three games as a giant which was a giant record and I expect him to do big things. But Eli also needs to hit him if he's open. Our offense has never really used tight ends primarily ever since that other guy left. Some of the criticism is warranted I guess but I'd implore those people to remember he's playing on a hyper extended Knee

GFiP
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Papa acts like we've had several dominant seasons like the 02-07 Pats. Not even close.

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
People want consistency, not perfection. We already had this discussion, people want to see players play up to their level of play, potential, previous standard and above it. That goes for Osi, Tuck, Bennett, Webster and whoever else falls into that category. People need to stop making excuses for the players that they have crushes for and make personal verbal investment in. The online lives/egos that people create on these boards and the absolute need to be right all the time is just funny.

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I know Bennett hasn't looked as good as he did during those first three weeks but couldn't the huperextended knee be a valid reason for the slight drop off in the passing game?and I don't cAre how he's done it but he's second in receptions ad up there for Tds on a 6-2team. If he still has to prove something to someone that person wants perfection, which IMO could be deemed somewhat spoiled

U are right ,could be a huperextended knee, Maybe that's why he walks back to the huddle, I said to myself he has no hussel ! Hope he's better today, We need him all around !

GMan-67
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
very spoiled and very negative

one of my theories is that there are a lot of Yankees / Giants fans

and the Yankees have every possible advantage under the sun ... a bloated payroll, a former, currrent or future all star at nearly every position ... a bench that costs more than some teams payrolls and on and on and on

and maybe they think the Giants have the same situation ... newsflash our talent is priced exactly the same as the rest of the league ... we play an equally talented team every week

and even with the huge advantages the Yankees have ... they still lose to teams like the Royals and Blue Jays, but b/c they play 162 games nobody flinches

all i can say is appreciate this time as a Giants fan ... in this league of parity to be doing what we've been doing is pretty amazing

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 12:22 PM
very spoiled and very negative

one of my theories is that there are a lot of Yankees / Giants fans

and the Yankees have every possible advantage under the sun ... a bloated payroll, a former, currrent or future all star at nearly every position ... a bench that costs more than some teams payrolls and on and on and on

and maybe they think the Giants have the same situation ... newsflash our talent is priced exactly the same as the rest of the league ... we play an equally talented team every week

and even with the huge advantages the Yankees have ... they still lose to teams like the Royals and Blue Jays, but b/c they play 162 games nobody flinches

all i can say is appreciate this time as a Giants fan ... in this league of parity to be doing what we've been doing is pretty amazing

I wonder if the Obviousman user name is still available....