PDA

View Full Version : Rivers - ouchie

dave56dj
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Keith Rivers has flashed some great speed and playmaking ability in the preseason and in the regular season, but man does this guy come as advertised. I am not ever gonna question a guys injuries cause none of us knows whats its like to be hit by trucks every sunday (even though i did it on saturdays when i was younger - play football that is) but man this guy plays one game then is out another 3. I know NFL coaches are adamant about no soft tissue injuries and thats where keiths seems to be hurting every week - again i dont want to question his toughness and kind of have passively, more so i guess the bengal frustration seems to be warranted. Lot of talen - just can't stay on the field. If he could i think he could take Kiwi's spot next year at LB and move him back to end if OSI goes (as he probably will) but the guy just can't be relied on.

Martyr
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I wonder if they would bother to resign him after this year.

luni
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I wonder if they would bother to resign him after this year.

rivers is soft.

Morehead State
11-02-2012, 05:11 PM
rivers is soft.
Injury prone doesn't mean soft.
This is idiotic. Some of the toughest players in the world were injury prone.

dave56dj
11-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Call him whatever you want, if you are not on the field for any reason you are not helping. It's a violent sport and I understand injuries but you have to take that into account when deciding on a player - talent is not enough - nothing is more common the unsuccessful people with talent (coolidge). He still has a whole half to get it right but he is already doubtful for Sunday. One game played then out 3 - really bad ratio.

Soft labels come from teammates and sometimes coaches - as a guy who doesn't jump on the highway every sunday and get hit by mac trucks I don't think its fair to judge - Im also not a doctor and dont know the extent of the injury. So all i see is a guy not playing.

Cloud57
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
rivers is soft.

The steelers hit hard, if he plays this Sunday he's probably done for the season and even next season as well.

TheEnigma
11-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Well, he's made some decent impact in the few games he has played (he pushed that linemen back into Felix Jones on the FF) but just like Jeff Otah: All the talent in the world doesn't matter if he can't suit up for most of the games.

dave56dj
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
He is doubtful - so not playing.

CowboysSuck
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
What? Hes hurt again?

dave56dj
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Calf - yep doubtful - and woodley says he is gonna play - he went full today.

AB didnt practice all week and is questionable but says he will play. Chase out - KP questionable, probably goes on a pitch count Brown seeing most of the time.

TheEnigma
11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I think it's time we rest Bradshaw here pretty soon for a game. We can't keep going on with this one day practice idea and expect him to perform extremely well. Let him sit for the Bengals game so that he has three full weeks to rest for the big Packers game near the end of November. That game could potentially decide a 2nd or 3rd seed in the playoffs.

dave56dj
11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
He didn't practice at all this week. I would give anything to see Wilson get 10-12 touches a game. I realize he has to let the game slow down and pick up the blitz and not being at practice I dont know if this is happening - but you can bet with AB1 out AB2 and wilson are seeing snaps with first unit and getting invaluable experience.

44#1
11-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Giants will cut Bradshaw at the end of the season.

GMENAGAIN
11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
rivers is soft.

I'd bet a million dollars that this post comes from a pear-shaped, pot-bellied, man-boobed dough boy who lives on his Mom's couch and cries if he gets an ingrown pubie . . . .

derekunion28
11-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Giants will cut Bradshaw at the end of the season. wow just wow ok guess he gets cut like romo does troll

Captain Chaos
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Sometimes when guys play all out they get hurt more frequently, this is likely what is happening to Kieth. Though I think he is going to play this weekend with his calf issue!

WEG313
11-02-2012, 09:13 PM
??? KP participated in full practices the past 3 days. IMO, he's only "questionable" on the injury report. I expect to see a lot of 3 safety schemes against the Steelers; especially with J.Williams, Rivers and Blackburn out.

GMENAGAIN
11-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Sometimes when guys play all out they get hurt more frequently, this is likely what is happening to Kieth. Though I think he is going to play this weekend with his calf issue!
He's listed as doubtful . . . he's not playing

Cloud57
11-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I think it's time we rest Bradshaw here pretty soon for a game. We can't keep going on with this one day practice idea and expect him to perform extremely well. Let him sit for the Bengals game so that he has three full weeks to rest for the big Packers game near the end of November. That game could potentially decide a 2nd or 3rd seed in the playoffs.

Actually Bradshaw wants to play because he's afraid of losing his starting job.

gmen0820
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM
The steelers hit hard, if he plays this Sunday he's probably done for the season and even next season as well.Lmfao nicely done

Rat_bastich
11-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I'd bet a million dollars that this post comes from a pear-shaped, pot-bellied, man-boobed dough boy who lives on his Mom's couch and cries if he gets an ingrown pubie . . . .

I just shot tea all over my keyboard at work...thanks!

dave56dj
11-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Lot of LB's go all out and dont play 1 game and then miss 4. Briggs/ Bowman/ Lewis/ Uralcher/ Fletcher/ Ware come to mind. Granted most have had some injuries but keiths are beyond any of these guys. And i can name lesser players as well. The guy has a bad history. and guys who are doubtful do not play.