PDA

View Full Version : Question: If the Giants lose Saturday are the mathmatically eliminated from post season?

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Guy here @ work stated when the Giants get beat by Jets their season is over regardless of what happens against Dallas.

Is that true? I thought they could lose to Jets as long as Eguls beat Dallas & still have a slim shot at post season.

The playoffs have already started then if what he says is the truth.

Hey on the bright side at least the Giants made it to the playoffs again this year then.

RugDaniels
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't know if they'd be eliminated w/ a loss, but they'd need too much help.

They would need Dallas to lose to the Eagles (which isn't a huge stretch) and then the Eagles would need to lose to Washington the following week. If the Eagles and Giants both end up w/ 8 wins the Giants lose the tie breaker.

The easiest math is for the Giants to close out the season w/ two wins.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM

They would need Dallas to lose to the Eagles (which isn't a huge stretch) and then the Eagles would need to lose to Washington the following week. If the Eagles and Giants both end up w/ 8 wins the Giants lose the tie breaker.

So I guess the playoffs for the Giants don't officially start against the Jets then.

I was hoping that was the case so the Giants would play harder. They need something to motivate them & make them play like there's no tomorrow.

Didn't get my Christmas wish then.

At least the Jets is a road game where the Giants play much bette for some ungodly reason that needs to be explained.

Next question; Why do the Giants play better on the road than @ home? Is it the new stadium & they don't get to practice on it?

ELI_Iz_God
12-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Guy here @ work stated when the Giants get beat by Jets their season is over regardless of what happens against Dallas.

Is that true? I thought they could lose to Jets as long as Eguls beat Dallas & still have a slim shot at post season.

Hey on the bright side at least the Giants made it to the playoffs again this year then.

not gonna happen...vick will lay an egg against Dallas.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM

not gonna happen...vick will lay an egg against Dallas.

So you're saying the Jets game is officially a play off game then right?

I like that better. Do you think the NYG organization will tell the players it's a playoff game to get them motivated?

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 12:42 PM

If the Giants lose to the Jets and Eagles win out they make the playoffs as long as Giants beat the Cowboys. All 3 NFC East teams will be 8-8 and Eagles will have the tie breaker over both of them. As crazy as that sounds the Eagles are still alive.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I believe that if the Giants lose to the Jets, they can still get in if: (1) the Eagles beat Dallas this week and then lose their last game to the Redskins; and (2) they beat Dallas.</P>

</P>

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Jets lose...they are done...Giants lose...they are done...which team has the most heart?...I'm guessing Jets.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Jets lose...they are done...Giants lose...they are done...which team has the most heart?...I'm guessing Jets.

Rex will let all his players know that if they lose they'll be out. I don't think TC will tell his players that he'll just give them the same old song & dance. Don't turn ball over & don't get penalties yadda yadda yadda.

Jets will ruin the season for the NYG's & I'll have to eat a flock of crows.

I am so mad right now I can't take it.

GiantsYanks
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Is that true? I thought they could lose to Jets as long as Eguls beat Dallas &amp; still have a slim shot at post season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

there it is:

Giants lose against Jets the only way they can get in is the following:

Philly beats Dallas week 16
Redskins beat Philly week 17
Giants beat Dallas week 17

So basically Dallas has to lose out and Philly has to lose to the Skins in week 17. Now granted this is if the Giants lose this weekend to the Jets.

miked1958
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I believe that if the Giants lose to the Jets, they can still get in if:* (1) the Eagles beat Dallas this week and then lose their last game to the Redskins; and (2) they beat Dallas.</P>

*</P>
Correct. But it's sad that we are sitting here wondering if the gmen can still make playoffs if they lose their 6th game out of 7. We don't deserve any playoffs if we can't win two in a row

miked1958
12-19-2011, 12:59 PM

So I guess the playoffs for the Giants don't officially start against the Jets then.

I was hoping that was the case so the Giants would play harder. They need something to motivate them & make them play like there's no tomorrow.

Didn't get my Christmas wish then.

At least the Jets is a road game where the Giants play much bette for some ungodly reason that needs to be explained.

Next question; Why do the Giants play better on the road than @ home? Is it the new stadium & they don't get to practice on it?
Look. The playoffs officially started when they lost to GB for their 4th loss in a row. At that point at 6-6 after being 6-2 every game should of been considered a playoff game. In Dallas they didn't play awesome but game did have playoff intensity.

So all the more that skins game should have been viewed as a one and done playoff with all they had riding. That was a game they just had to win and didn't show up

miked1958
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
The only positive vs jets is that the game is considered an Away game. We just don't get it done at home in big games anymore

Delicreep
12-19-2011, 02:00 PM

Oh...it's much worse than that I think.

Filthadelphia go win/loss
Giants go loss/win
(Boys go loss/loss)

And the Gmen still make it in!

I am NOT saying this is a good thing!

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd just assume the Cowturds end our season than Fat Rex....