PDA

View Full Version : its Offical... Blackburn out Herzlich in at MLB for Steelers

BigJ
11-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Blackburn is out Mark Herzlich is in on Sunday. Now everyone will see if Chase deserves to start or not with all the arguing that was happening over the MLB position. I really do hope Hertz does a good job for us though.

Cool Papa B.
11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Blackburn is out Mark Herzlich is in on Sunday. Now everyone will see if Chase deserves to start or not with all the arguing that was happening over the MLB position. I really do hope Hertz does a good job for us though.

Link.....

BigJ
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Profootball talk. And I heard it over the radio on the way home. Ill get u the link though.

BigJ
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/02/giants-wont-have-chase-blackburn-against-steelers/

Eli TO Shockey
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
We dont have Chase, they dont have Polamalu. Ill take the trade off..

Im excited to see Herzlich start.

CowboysSuck
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I dont think this is good for the defense, at least not for a couple weeks. Herz is essentially at rookie still at the starting role of MLB

DaFrenchy
11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm worried. He only played 15 snaps on defence this year.

Atomic1
11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Anybody know what the Giants record is with and without Blackburn at MLB ?

CowboysSuck
11-02-2012, 07:37 PM

No, but taking into consideration the last 16 games or so...we are wellllll abouve .500, if not somewhere around 13-3

Atomic1
11-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Exactly... amazing how some people don't see it. When Blackburn returned last season the Defense became solid and has stayed solid. He is smart , physical and a natural born leader who leads by example. He isn't the fastest or the strongest but his positive energy is catchy.. I do also hope Herz plays great as he is part of the future and Seems to be a " Student " of Blackburn.

BigJ
11-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Well now we'll all see what Chase really is to us. Although I really hope Hertz steps up and plays great. If KP is healthy I think we'll be seeing a lot of 3 saftey sets but here's the problem. KP might not be ready, Rolle is banged up. Will Hill still suspended. As for LBs with speed so they don't have to always have Hertz in to cover Miller. Jwill isn't healthy at all this year. Rivers can't stay on the field its actually kind of ridicules haha. So Hertz will be on this field a lot I'm thinkin. I'm rootin for him!

Captain Chaos
11-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Taking nothing away from Chase, but...Next man up, I believe Herz has it in him and do well when he is in. Remember, the Steelers base O has three WRs....

titwio
11-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I like Herz a lot and think he has all the makings to be great except....He's always getting nicked up and can't seem to stay on the field. I'm rooting for him all the way though. Hopefully this is the beginning of something special.

nycsportzfan
11-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Herzlich was a playmaker at BC, and if anyhting, he'll give up some big plays and make a big play or 2 to kinda camoflauge his errors, just like Chase.. There very similar players, except i think Herz is a tad more athletic.. I'm not worried at all.. Hes been learning for 2yrs, getting a few snaps and getting away from that terrible cancer more and more.. I almost would be surprised if Herz isn't a upgrade, sorry to say guys.. I love the splash plays from Blackburn, but hes a liablity on so many other plays, its not even funny..

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 10:27 AM
^i agree I respect cb but I think our defense has to compensate for him in some ways. But but I think he's done a good job. I think herz could end up being special he has a higher ceiling

Redeyejedi
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Blackburn is out Mark Herzlich is in on Sunday. Now everyone will see if Chase deserves to start or not with all the arguing that was happening over the MLB position. I really do hope Hertz does a good job for us though. Just because Herzlich isnt better doesnt make Blackburn a starting quality LB. Its more there isnt 1 on the team

Cool Papa B.
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Nice article about Herzlich and him being an emotional leader. With the tragedy and recovery from hurricane Sandy can become a rallying point for the Giants to win for the fans.

http://snygiants.com/mark-herzlich-2/mark-herzlich-will-lead-emotional-charge-tomorrow/

NYGfanNC
11-03-2012, 11:36 AM

Since we signed Blackburn in week 13 last year we are 13-4(including the playoffs)

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Taking nothing away from Chase, but...Next man up, I believe Herz has it in him and do well when he is in. Remember, the Steelers base O has three WRs....

unfortunately you are no fan of Chase........understood. I hope this kid can play half as well as Chase so we can eke out a win

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Just because Herzlich isnt better doesnt make Blackburn a starting quality LB. Its more there isnt 1 on the team

very insisghtful...........where do you draw all this negative inspiration from? Facinating

Joe Morrison
11-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Have to go with the best man to help the team, Chase has the knaack of being in the right place at the right time, hope Herz is up for the challenge.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
11-03-2012, 12:29 PM
He has showed play making abilities even at this level. Yeah some of those plays were in pre seasons, but I expect Herz is A.] up to the task and B.] has been working his butt off... will be paying extra attention to him this week I expect him to if anything just play up to what's expected of him. Unfair to expect him to play above and beyond his potential this week. I am actually really excited about this. It should only be for this week anyway. Maybe two.

Like someone else said -- next man up that's the nature of the game.

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Tweet from Herzlich:

Wish every victim of #sandy could have felt the inspiration in the meeting 2nte. U will C it on the field #GMEN4restoration #FindYourStrong

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkHerzlich

BigJ
11-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Just because Herzlich isnt better doesnt make Blackburn a starting quality LB. Its more there isnt 1 on the team
u obviously havnt seen the 15 pages of arguments over Chase Blackburn and who should or shouldn't start

Hessian
11-04-2012, 05:01 AM
I Love Blackburn because he's a nuttso BAMF, but if he is hurt you gotta play the next guy.