PDA

View Full Version : This weeks SI Mid Season Report

miked1958
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Back when they had their annual NFL Preview Issue they predicted a GB 33-30 win over Denver as their SB Pick. Well they re racked their picks.

They seeded the NFC like this 1)Falcons. 2)49ers. 3)Giants. 4)Bears. 5)Packers. 6)Seahawks

AFC seeds 1)Texans. 2)Denver. 3)NE. 4)steelers. 5)Colts. 6)Ravens

Under each team they give a little blurb.. Under the Gmen it said.. "Eli has won 8 of his last 9 Postseason Starts. Be wary, NFC. Be very wary.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 12:55 AM
The breakdown was like this...NFC. WC round Giants over Seattle, Bears over Packers

Divisional Round Falcons over Bears, Giants over 49ers

NFCCG Giants over Falcons

miked1958
11-03-2012, 12:59 AM
AFC as follows WC round NE over Ravens, Steelers over Colts

Div Round Texans over Steelers, Denver over NE

AFCCG Texans over Denver

they said Denver won't lose another game this season till they lose in CG...

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:01 AM
For their Super Bowl pick the wrote the following:

The little write up said. "Whom do you trust late with the game on the line? Two-time SB MVP Eli Manning or Matt Shaub, who has never started in the postseason? Giants 24 Texans 20

Not sure i like them changing their mind and picking us. Liked it better when they picked Rodgers to beat Eli's brother

Moke
11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Never liked these kind of things, but it'd be cool to see them beating Houston for a SB title.

That being said, that road that they present looks pretty difficult.... We're talking beating a good Seattle defensive team (even if we'd playing at home....), 49ers when we beat them in the season, and then Falcons... and wouldn't the Falcons be home? Scary... but we beat this team before, but at home.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Never liked these kind of things, but it'd be cool to see them beating Houston for a SB title.That being said, that road that they present looks pretty difficult.... We're talking beating a good Seattle defensive team (even if we'd playing at home....), 49ers when we beat them in the season, and then Falcons... and wouldn't the Falcons be home? Scary... but we beat this team before, but at home.based off the seedings we'd have SF and Atlanta on the road. We also play them Away in December

Also they obviously have SF finishing with a better record then us cause we beat em head to head so they can't tie us. Guess they saw our 2nd half schedule huh?

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:17 AM
As far as beating someone we beat in the season. I like it better when they beat us. We've made a living of that in recent past... However we also have done it the other way. We beat NE last season and beat em in SB... But I get what your saying

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Also in 86 we beat SF, Washington twice and Denver in the Regular Season. We beat them all again in the Playoffs and SB

However more times then not we have lost to teams during yr and got revenge in playoffs or SB.. See 1990, 2007 and 2011 (other then NE)

Moke
11-03-2012, 01:22 AM
based off the seedings we'd have SF and Atlanta on the road. We also play them Away in December

Ah, so atlanta had home... might be difficult but with the way our offense has been rolling, I like our chances. Pass happy Eli is better than pass happy Matt Ryan for sure. It'd be the ultimate wide receiver show down.

Rusty192
11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing Mike!

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:24 AM
In light of all our second half collapses in the TC/Eli era I'm surprised they are picking us

Rusty192
11-03-2012, 01:26 AM
In light of all our second half collapses in the TC/Eli era I'm surprised they are picking usThe Giants have had a history of collapse even before the Eli/TC era. Maybe they think we are entering a turning point.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing Mike!we now have a lot to live up to. Better get it started with a win Sunday

miked1958
11-03-2012, 01:29 AM
The Giants have had a history of collapse even before the Eli/TC era. Maybe they think we entering a turning point.yea I mean even in our two SB winning seasons we only went 4-4 and 3-5 in those 2nd halves

I think over past 9 seasons 5-3 was our best second half record. One of them was when we went 7-1 in 1st half to go 12-4 and we all know what happened in our first playoff game after earning the bye. Laid an egg vs Philly at home..

So I guess we should be happy they have us doing it on the road again where we are more comfortable... I mean who wants to lock up home field throughout. Where's the fun in that?

hungrrrry
11-03-2012, 05:29 AM
I expect the seedings to change...I don't believe Atlanta holds onto the conferance #1 seeding...I don't prefer the Giants have it either...I do prefer the Giants seed higher than Atlanta

Rat_bastich
11-03-2012, 05:54 AM
I almost think the Giants are peaking too early. It seems the last two Super Bowl seasons the trend was to peak later and gain momentum at the end. Of course when they did that I think they put me on blood pressure medication. If they can maintain I'll be happy...I just hope they don't revert and go into a mid to late season collapse.

We are into the meat of our season and have some tough games coming up. With a media outlet or two picking us it doesn't bode well. Means we're no longer an unknown commodity.

Captain Chaos
11-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Atlanta has the hot hand but will play some very talented teams in the second half, not sure if they can maintain. G'men have a difficult schedule and there is always the second half season collapse to deal with. I'm surprised they didn't mention the Cowboys considering they are not statistically out of it...

Rat_bastich
11-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Atlanta has the hot hand but will play some very talented teams in the second half, not sure if they can maintain. G'men have a difficult schedule and there is always the second half season collapse to deal with. I'm surprised they didn't mention the Cowboys considering they are not statistically out of it...

I think if the Giants lose this weekend the Cowboy talk will rear it's ugly head again...even if the Cowboys most likely lose out to Atlanta this weekend.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I almost think the Giants are peaking too early. It seems the last two Super Bowl seasons the trend was to peak later and gain momentum at the end. Of course when they did that I think they put me on blood pressure medication. If they can maintain I'll be happy...I just hope they don't revert and go into a mid to late season collapse. We are into the meat of our season and have some tough games coming up. With a media outlet or two picking us it doesn't bode well. Means we're no longer an unknown commodity.yea kinda like 08 when we won 11 of first 12. Then tanked it rest of year. Lost 4 of last 5 including our HomeField advantage we earned throughout. Philly made us look bad in that playoff game.

To bad. Plax is not totally at fault as defense went into hibernation as well... But have always CELF we could of beat Pittsburgh that year. They just Bout beat AZ with last second heroics. We manhandled them both that year. Irked me and irks me still that we should have another Title. That's certainly the one that got away for sure

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Back when they had their annual NFL Preview Issue they predicted a GB 33-30 win over Denver as their SB Pick. Well they re racked their picks.

They seeded the NFC like this 1)Falcons. 2)49ers. 3)Giants. 4)Bears. 5)Packers. 6)Seahawks

AFC seeds 1)Texans. 2)Denver. 3)NE. 4)steelers. 5)Colts. 6)Ravens

Under each team they give a little blurb.. Under the Gmen it said.. "Eli has won 8 of his last 9 Postseason Starts. Be wary, NFC. Be very wary.

Then they rank us behind two teams we took to school and chushed already in 2012........The Giants get no respect, even as World Champs
They let too many teams take us down to the wire

We need a HC who will leave good Olines alone and start RBs like Andre Brown.........not a stubborn old coot who refuses to go for the jugular, and always tries to keep things status quo

I'm ready for Jon Gruden or Bill Cowher

miked1958
11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Then they rank us behind two teams we took to school and chushed already in 2012........The Giants get no respect, even as World ChampsThey let too many teams take us down to the wireWe need a HC who will leave good Olines alone and start RBs like Andre Brown.........not a stubborn old coot who refuses to go for the jugular, and always tries to keep things status quoI'm ready for Jon Gruden or Bill Cowherwell we haven't played the falcons yet this yr. not till dec do we play them.

stormblue
11-03-2012, 09:57 AM
ha-ha they had me going until "Colts"

rofl.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 09:57 AM
You know the strange thing about their change of heart on their preseason picks is that GB at 5-3 is perfectly capable of going the distance as is Denver.. Also with them knowing the giants schedule and their trouble in 2nd halves of seasons, they went from us being 9-7 and out of the playoffs in their original prediction to us winning it all now.... Odd

stormblue
11-03-2012, 10:11 AM
i guess they just looked at the score of the last 2 games
instead of watching the film.

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
well we haven't played the falcons yet this yr. not till dec do we play them.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We played them in January and dismantled them.............it looked like we were playing Don Bosco, or Bergen Catholic
I never saw a worse beat down put on any team by the Giants in the playoffs.

I do not expect any different result this time around. We have improved considerably. They are still primarily the same cast of characters plus the ol Tight End- Tony Gonzalez

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
You know the strange thing about their change of heart on their preseason picks is that GB at 5-3 is perfectly capable of going the distance as is Denver.. Also with them knowing the giants schedule and their trouble in 2nd halves of seasons, they went from us being 9-7 and out of the playoffs in their original prediction to us winning it all now.... Odd

You know we do not have problems with B plus level teams........it the C level teams we let up on. We should finish with about 13 wins or so.

In the past those NAME teams might have given us pause.....not any longer, we are too strong across the roster now. I worry about the Skins, the Eagles, teams like those, not the Packers, Pittsburg, or Saints etc.

Flip Empty
11-03-2012, 10:48 AM
ha-ha they had me going until "Colts"

rofl.
Why is that so hard to believe?

Bengals
Browns
Dolphins
Jets
Bills
Titans
Jaguars
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

You don't think the Colts could beat out that lot?

At this stage, I think it's between them and the Dolphins.

miked1958
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We played them in January and dismantled them.............it looked like we were playing Don Bosco, or Bergen CatholicI never saw a worse beat down put on any team by the Giants in the playoffs.I do not expect any different result this time around. We have improved considerably. They are still primarily the same cast of characters plus the ol Tight End- Tony Gonzalezok yea. Tech it Ws this year, jan 2012. But it was last season and they are basing the rankings off this yrs games though. But I agree with you

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
The NFC is stacked this year it's going to be hard to get to the SB again so the less games we have to play to get there I'm all for it...even though the Giants past says otherwise.