PDA

View Full Version : GIVE ME THE BALL !

BillTheGreek
11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Who should Eli give the Ball most too? I have my own theory.

Drez
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
He'll give the ball the most to whomever is open the most.

RoanokeFan
11-03-2012, 08:50 AM
One of Eli's best traits is he doesn't look for "the reciver." He goes through his progressions and hits the first receiver who is open.

BigBlue wins
11-03-2012, 10:11 AM
One of Eli's best traits is he doesn't look for "the reciver." He goes through his progressions and hits the first receiver who is open.

+1

scottishgiant84
11-03-2012, 10:22 AM

Which makes him a great QB in my opinion

WEG313
11-03-2012, 11:02 AM
IMO, given the constant blitzing expected by the Steelers, if there was ever a game for M.Bennett to shine it would be this one. He has to get over the "droppies" he had last week, costing us at least one TD (with that dropped 3rd down pass at the 1 yard line). I can also envision a heavy dose of screen passes to the RBs this week.

RoanokeFan
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Which makes him a great QB in my opinion true enough

VBGiantsFan
11-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Handing off to André Brown more.

BillTheGreek
11-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Handing off to André Brown more.
+1

Flip Empty
11-03-2012, 11:57 AM
IMO, given the constant blitzing expected by the Steelers, if there was ever a game for M.Bennett to shine it would be this one. He has to get over the "droppies" he had last week, costing us at least one TD (with that dropped 3rd down pass at the 1 yard line). I can also envision a heavy dose of screen passes to the RBs this week.
The constant blitzing could also mean he's left in to block often.

Joe Morrison
11-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Would like to see a little more Brown to loosen them up a bit for Bradshaw, Bennet will have to get used to it, he is getting what the TE gets in the Gilbride system, he just has to catch everyone.

BillTheGreek
11-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I Like Bennett a Lot.......but your right about the "droppies" , this was an issue in Dallas. I have seen him in a few games where it cost us a TD .I hope he can start to hold on better. especially this Sunday.

WEG313
11-03-2012, 01:18 PM
The constant blitzing could also mean he's left in to block often.

True, but that's precisely when the block and release can be most effective. Edge block the blitzing LB (Harrison or Woodley) then release, and await was is effectively a screen pass to the TE. Can be VERY effective, though not sure I've ever seen that play in the Giants' playbook. Other teams (e.g., Jets, Panthers, Saints, Patriots) use it to great effect.

Rusty192
11-03-2012, 02:19 PM
True, but that's precisely when the block and release can be most effective. Edge block the blitzing LB (Harrison or Woodley) then release, and await was is effectively a screen pass to the TE. Can be VERY effective, though not sure I've ever seen that play in the Giants' playbook. Other teams (e.g., Jets, Panthers, Saints, Patriots) use it to great effect.Hey you never know, Gilbride has proven creative when playing non-division opponents.

Diamondring
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
We need screens from our backs on every other down to be less predictable not just on third and long. We need a lot of hesitation moves and our O-line coming out of our blocks.on rb screens. Nix those with the wr screens and draw plays with power run plays. KG call plays like those and our offense can be unstoppable.

The biggest thing is to get Hixon involve. We need three wrs to be big threats and get those backs in the passing game as well.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 02:35 PM
True, but that's precisely when the block and release can be most effective. Edge block the blitzing LB (Harrison or Woodley) then release, and await was is effectively a screen pass to the TE. Can be VERY effective, though not sure I've ever seen that play in the Giants' playbook. Other teams (e.g., Jets, Panthers, Saints, Patriots) use it to great effect.
We actually run that with bennett quite a bit we usually get him a reception in this way every game sometimes multiple times again. I think this could be affective versus Pittsburgh. In terms of who we could get the ball to this week I think we're going to see a lot of one on one match ups across the board. Pittsburgh's defense usually has that part of their scheme.

egyptian420
11-03-2012, 03:33 PM
One of Eli's best traits is he doesn't look for "the reciver." He goes through his progressions and hits the first receiver who is open.Sometimes this is the defender

jomo
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
One of Eli's best traits is he doesn't look for "the reciver." He goes through his progressions and hits the first receiver who is open.This is the easiest question I've seen here in weeks. With Eli the ball will be directed to the right receiver, not A receiver.

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM
This is the easiest question I've seen here in weeks. With Eli the ball will be directed to the right receiver, not A receiver.

+1 +1 = 5

tcseacliff
11-04-2012, 01:18 PM

here is proof of his QB sense ! one of my fav moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSUJQmIeVBo

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
here is proof of his QB sense ! one of my fav moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSUJQmIeVBo

GREAT TO SEE THAT BEFORE TODAYS GAME ++++++ 10

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Team first!