PDA

View Full Version : Nicks said they are doubling him & cruz and its forcing us to run the ball more.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Big-Blue-Hits-with-WR-Nicks-fueled-by-Hess/64f4d84e-8f16-49e6-a084-44ccc5c46145

He also said its freeing up 1v1's for the 3rd wide out (hixon) and the tight end (bennett). He said that during the cowboys game they were playing press at the line and keeping a safety over the top.

If the run isnt working, and cruz and nicks are getting double teamed, is it important we still stick with the run? and hope it opens up, or should gilbride try to design more plays to try and get some other guys the ball?

Diamondring
11-03-2012, 01:14 PM
The big reason why I said the Giants have a special type of offense is cause of Hixon and Reuben. Those two or one of those two should bring extra big talent. Backs should also contribute in the passing game just as well as the running game.

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Why we rarely ever pass to the RB or screen passes...anything to get the run going and slow down the rush is beyond me.

I've heard Wilson has good hands, why dont we put him in for a series or two and after a few touches and a couple play actions, throw him a swing pass, or screen, or something over the middle? The predictability of this offense is beyond annoying.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-03-2012, 01:45 PM
So teams are going with the Belicheck game plan. Hixon or Randle need to become more of a factor...or Bennett.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Well we should be able to Handle that kind of Defensive look. Randall, Hixon, bennett we have guys who could beat one on one coverage or should be able to every time.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more

Cool Papa B.
11-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Hixon needs to step up and win his one-on-one battles. Can't double team everyone.

TheAnalyst
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
A complete 180 from what teams were doing a few years ago. They used to make Eli beat them and stop the run. Now they realize Eli is an Elite Qb and switched their style up.

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more

+1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.

Diamondring
11-03-2012, 02:12 PM
+1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.I'll add another
+1.

SackingMyths
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
So teams are going with the Belicheck game plan.

All offseason I was afraid that's what would happen with it being a copycat league.

But these things tend to come full circle, so IF our run game can consistently make them pay for keeping 7 in the box, play action and one-on-one opportunities will open back up for Nicks and VC.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Not everyone has the players ,that Dallas has to play that way. I think Nicks isn't a 100% yet cause to me there is no reason for the guy not to beat double coverage more times then not. Now Hixon and Randle do need to make the plays when the have single coverage and for the most part they have...it was really just the two Dallas games that they all struggled. I don't get the Bennett stuff...why people are calling this guy lazy and and can't catch. This is his first year in a complicated offense to me he has been doing very well. He started off the season strong and now people expect him to play like that all the time. It's just not going to happen and the further we go into the season Bennett will be huge for us in the passing and running game. Bennett even said that he thought his best game was the San Fran game and he didn't have a lot of yards and catches that shows you this guy cares more about his overall game then just getting yards and TD's cause he knows they will come.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Not everyone has the players ,that Dallas has to play that way. I think Nicks isn't a 100% yet cause to me there is no reason for the guy not to beat double coverage more times then not. Now Hixon and Randle do need to make the plays when the have single coverage and for the most part they have...it was really just the two Dallas games that they all struggled. I don't get the Bennett stuff...why people are calling this guy lazy and and can't catch. This is his first year in a complicated offense to me he has been doing very well. He started off the season strong and now people expect him to play like that all the time. It's just not going to happen and the further we go into the season Bennett will be huge for us in the passing and running game. Bennett even said that he thought his best game was the San Fran game and he didn't have a lot of yards and catches that shows you this guy cares more about his overall game then just getting yards and TD's cause he knows they will come.

i like bennett dont get me wrong. i just dont like the fact he has dropped a number of easy catches that were right in his hands. Nicks used to have the same problem and cruz still does it.The only difference is that cruz drops passes mostly because hes ready to run before he catches the ball. its something that can be worked on, but it worries me more with bennett

egyptian420
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Why we rarely ever pass to the RB or screen passes...anything to get the run going and slow down the rush is beyond me.

I've heard Wilson has good hands, why dont we put him in for a series or two and after a few touches and a couple play actions, throw him a swing pass, or screen, or something over the middle? The predictability of this offense is beyond annoying.Whenever we do pass to the RB, it's on a very obvious and predictable play with Eli alone in the backfield sending the RB in motion to the flat. It is so obvious, I know they're going to pass to the running back every single time, we did it twice vs Dallas and I called it both times. Surprised we didn't get pick 6'd for pulling that.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
i like bennett dont get me wrong. i just dont liek the fact he has dropped a number of easy catches that were right in his hands. Nicks used to have the same problem and cruz still does it. its something that can be worked on though.I agree with you he does need to get better but the guy has played very well for us in his overall game. Just imagine what this guy can do with two years in the system and working with Eli all offseason with knowing the play book....skies the limit for him. I just think that when he drops a pass as opposed to Cruz or Nicks we are all quick to point it out. I look at it like this the guy will only get better and as the season goes on and if what Nicks says what is happening to him Cruz when defenses play them, Bennett will prove his worth as the season progresses.

jomo
11-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I'll add another
+1.May I join this club? +1

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I just think that when he drops a pass as opposed to Cruz or Nicks we are all quick to point it out.
This sounds remarkably familiar, in a way.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:09 PM
This sounds remarkably familiar, in a way.What??? I'm just stating my point as to why Bennett hasn't been playing well and to why Nicks and Cruz are having trouble. I'm not telling people to complain about both rainer as you were in the Osi thread. I already said I agree with him. Maybe you should read the whole thread before you type stuff. Who's acting like the child now....seriously man if your not going to talk about football and your here just to tell me what I should type you can f-o seriously. You were TELLING people to complain about OSI and Tuck I was saying that people are quick to point out Bennett mistakes BIG difference not once did I tell him to bash everyone.

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Big-Blue-Hits-with-WR-Nicks-fueled-by-Hess/64f4d84e-8f16-49e6-a084-44ccc5c46145

He also said its freeing up 1v1's for the 3rd wide out (hixon) and the tight end (bennett). He said that during the cowboys game they were playing press at the line and keeping a safety over the top.

If the run isnt working, and cruz and nicks are getting double teamed, is it important we still stick with the run? and hope it opens up, or should gilbride try to design more plays to try and get some other guys the ball?

Well there is always the hurry up offense and 4 wide.......there is an answer for every D. You just have to ADJUST..........also Nicks and Cruz could use pik plays to shed their defenders

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:20 PM
What??? I'm just stating my point as to why Bennett hasn't been playing well and to why Nicks and Cruz are having trouble. I'm not telling people to complain about both rainer as you were in the Osi thread. I already said I agree with him. Maybe you should read the whole thread before you type stuff. Who's acting like the child now....seriously man if your not going to talk about football and your here just to tell me what I should type you can f-o seriously. You were TELLING people to complain about OSI and Tuck I was saying that people are quick to point out Bennett mistakes BIG difference not once did I tell him to bash everyone.

You need to relax...
It's the same thing I have been saying, if you look at it. People are paying more attention to Bennett's drops when all the drops by our other skill positions should be brought to light as well. Sort of the same thing bro, you need to relax man; not everything is a contest.

"You were TELLING people to complain about OSI and Tuck I was saying that people are quick to point out Bennett mistakes BIG difference not once did I tell him to bash everyone." Bro i basically said the same thing you said, Osi's mistakes are quickly pointed out as opposed to Tuck.
Why so serious...?

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Well there is always the hurry up offense and 4 wide.......there is an answer for every D. You just have to ADJUST..........also Nicks and Cruz could use pik plays to shed their defendersI think they do I don't know how much but I have seen them do that before.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
You need to relax...
It's the same thing I have been saying, if you look at it. People are paying more attention to Bennett's drops when all the drops by our other skill positions should be brought to light as well. Sort of the same thing bro, you need to relax man; not everything is a contest. Seriously man just shut up...I'm mean really your going to ruin this thread if you don't have anything to say to me about Nicks and Cruz then don't say anything cause this is a good thread and we are talking football. Yet you are trying to turn it quickly into between me and you when it''s not. That's all I'm going to say to you. Relax you came in here making bringing up stuff from another thread....

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Seriously man just shut up...I'm mean really your going to ruin this thread if you don't have anything to say to me about Nicks and Cruz then don't say anything cause this is a good thread and we are talking football. Yet you are trying to turn it quickly into between me and you when it''s not. That's all I'm going to say to you. Relax you came in here making bringing up stuff from another thread....

How old are you? I know 14 yr old's that can maintain a debate without attempting belittling anyone. If you read my post you would see that I agree with you. The other players drops need to be assessed as well, Although I believe bennett has a lot more 1V1 situations where as cruz & Nicks are looking at 1V2 situations. who cares about you, Any post is as good as the response to it, if you dropped the me vs you notion that YOU! brought up, you would respond accordingly contributing to the post. sigh*

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Well there is always the hurry up offense and 4 wide.......there is an answer for every D. You just have to ADJUST..........also Nicks and Cruz could use pik plays to shed their defenders

This may be a good alternative if we continue to struggle moving the ball. (which i highly doubt). However we dont use this formation much. If anything we will go 3 wide in the shotgun. I think it was more a division thing and that the cowboys have good corners. I see no reason to believe we wont play good vs the steelers

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
How old are you? I know 14 yr old's that can maintain a debate without attempting belittling anyone. If you read my post you would see that I agree with you. The other players drops need to be assessed as well, Although I believe bennett has a lot more 1V1 situations where as cruz & Nicks are looking at 1V2 situations. who cares about you, Any post is as good as the response to it, if you dropped the me vs you notion that YOU! brought up, you would respond accordingly contributing to the post. sigh*See look now your calling me a child when you came in and started it's ok man I will be the bigger man and just let you go on one of your stupid rants rainer now we can't have a conversation about the passing game cause to me you just lost all creditability your making no sense at ALL...while agree any post is good but when your TELLING people what to post is a BIG difference but anyway I will move on cause you simply aren't worth it.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
I am starting to think this might have to be the way to go If the struggles continue (which i highly doubt). However we dont use this formation much. If anything we will go 3 wide in the shotgun. I think it was more a division thing and that the cowboys have good corners. I see no reason to believe we wont play good vs the steelers Me too Eli has been fantastic in 3 and 4 shotgun.

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
See look now your calling me a child when you came in and started it's ok man I will be the bigger man and just let you go on one of your stupid rants rainer now we can't have a conversation about the passing game cause to me you just lost all creditability your making no sense at ALL...while agree any post is good but when your TELLING people what to post is a BIG difference but anyway I will move on cause you simply aren't worth it.

Sigh* I asked how old are you. I did not call you a child, I do in fact know a 14 yr old that can hold a debate without telling someone to shut up. you have had a grudge against me for some time now so i doubt there has been any credibility with you to lose to begin with. Never told anyone what to post and i am sure ashleymarie didn't take it that way, once again so we all understand. Everyone is to blame for the bad play, everyone needs to be held accountable. When you start singling out players are the major problem that creates dissension. Just relax man and debate your points without trying to make this more than what this is a debate, whether it be a single thread debate or one that incorporates multiple other threads.

GMan-67
11-03-2012, 03:44 PM
i think Nicks is an absolute stud WR, but im not with him on this ... beat the double team... studs beat double teams and if they are making it so obvious, then we can play 9 vs. 7 ... not bad odds there ...

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
The other players drops need to be assessed as well.*

I agree. It is something everyone needs to work on. I highlighted bennett mainly because although cruz drops a lot of passes, he also wins games for us. But nonetheless it will hurt us one day if it continues. I honestly feel if there werent soo many drops last week, the game wouldnt have been as close as it was.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
i think Nicks is an absolute stud WR, but im not with him on this ... beat the double team... studs beat double teams and if they are making it so obvious, then we can play 10 vs. 8 ... not bad odds there ...

Yeah i agree. I dont think getting doubled is an excuse, but i will give him the benefit of the doubt because he is playing injured ( which still shouldnt be an excuse). I expect him to start showing up now though.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Sigh* I asked how old are you. I did not call you a child, I do in fact know a 14 yr old that can hold a debate without telling someone to shut up.SIGH*****LMAO .....lame.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
i think Nicks is an absolute stud WR, but im not with him on this ... beat the double team... studs beat double teams and if they are making it so obvious, then we can play 10 vs. 8 ... not bad odds there ...Me too I think he should beat the double coverage more times then not, which leads me to believe he isn't 100%

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
SIGH*****LMAO .....lame.
Exactly

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Sigh* I asked how old are you. I did not call you a child, I do in fact know a 14 yr old that can hold a debate without telling someone to shut up. you have had a grudge against me for some time now so i doubt there has been any credibility with you to lose to begin with. Never told anyone what to post and i am sure ashleymarie didn't take it that way, once again so we all understand. Everyone is to blame for the bad play, everyone needs to be held accountable. When you start singling out players are the major problem that creates dissension. Just relax man and debate your points without trying to make this more than what this is a debate, whether it be a single thread debate or one that incorporates multiple other threads.
Does being pretentious ever get old with you? Why is it whenever you're involved in a thread there is always an issue like this? Can you stop trying to instigate people? This is getting out of hand you're not better than anyone stop acting like it. All this talking down to people, the "sigh" the "how old r u... why so serios". the whole bringing up petty feuds from other threads into football discussions is lame GTFo with that

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 03:56 PM
You full out tried to hijack the thread that's the lame thing

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Does being pretentious ever get old with you? Why is it whenever you're involved in a thread there is always an issue like this? Can you stop trying to instigate people? This is getting out of hand you're not better than anyone stop acting like it. All this talking down to people, the "sigh" the "how old r u... why so serios". the whole bringing up petty feuds from other threads into football discussions is lame GTFo with thatThank you it gets old....and annoying.

TheEnigma
11-03-2012, 04:05 PM
You know how you beat two deep safeties and man coverage? Run the ball...oh and towards the left edge with Will Beatty since Locklear's run blocking is, uhm, yeah...

Granted, I'm probably a little spoiled since Kmac was a beast run blocker at RT but Gilbride really needs to give the left side some more run blocking to do.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I say ignore it and when it gets out of hand report it I guess but I don't know the mods stance on that varies.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
You know how you beat two deep safeties and man coverage? Run the ball...oh and towards the left edge with Will Beatty since Locklear's run blocking is, uhm, yeah...

Granted, I'm probably a little spoiled since Kmac was a beast run blocker at RT but Gilbride really needs to give the left side some more run blocking to do.
I honestly couldn't believe we were having such issues with man press. I think when we went to the back shoulder fade to nicks and it failed Eli was hesitant to throw it the rest of the game and that helps break up the man coverage because it keeps the defender honest underneath. I have to eat crow I though their corners were severely overrated I was wrong

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Does being pretentious ever get old with you? Why is it whenever you're involved in a thread there is always an issue like this? Can you stop trying to instigate people? This is getting out of hand you're not better than anyone stop acting like it. All this talking down to people, the "sigh" the "how old r u... why so serios". the whole bringing up petty feuds from other threads into football discussions is lame GTFo with that

Only when it involves you and your buddy here. you two are synonymous with drama. I can recall to when Elicruzz first started posting he and you went on a little buddy tag team tirade against one of my points about Bennett. You both went the bashing route and I admit i followed suite. No one is more pretentious than you on here i believe, I told Elicruzz i agreed with him that was not enough, he took it as hostility. We have this thing I usually do with my troops, whenever there is a fight amongst them i buddy them up for a week, they eat together, go off base together, they **** together. Cause if their isn't some type of camaraderie built no matter what the other person says to the other it will be taken as hostility, this is what is going on right now. stay out of it , it has nothing to do with you, this is not personal for me, if it is for him it will stay with him.

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
You full out tried to hijack the thread that's the lame thing
You helping do so is lame.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
I honestly couldn't believe we were having such issues with man press. I think when we went to the back shoulder fade to nicks and it failed Eli was hesitant to throw it the rest of the game and that helps break up the man coverage because it keeps the defender honest underneath. I have to eat crow I though their corners were severely overrated I was wrong
Just bumping this to try and I don't know talk football

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Only when it involves you and your buddy here. you two are synonymous with drama. I can recall to when Elicruzz first started posting he and you went on a little buddy tag team tirade against one of my points about Bennett. You both went the bashing route and I admit i followed suite. No one is more pretentious than you on here i believe, I told Elicruzz i agreed with him that was not enough, he took it as hostility. We have this thing I usually do with my troops, whenever there is a fight amongst them i buddy them up for a week, they eat together, go off base together, they **** together. Cause if their isn't some type of camaraderie built no matter what the other person says to the other it will be taken as hostility, this is what is going on right now. stay out of it , it has nothing to do with you, this is not personal for me, if it is for him it will stay with him.It's not personal to me at all this is a mb you can keep making yourself look like a fool it is amusing. Hostility lmao when you came in here and brought up something from an entirely different thread lmao or should I say sigh*

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Just bumping this to try and I don't know talk football
Lol gotta bump again. Don't drag it out elicruz

JesseJames
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
if teams are doubling Nicks and Cruz then the 3rd WR and the TE should or RB should be all having very big days or they just aren't doing their job at all

TheEnigma
11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Anyway...

I think the DAL corners just match up really well with Nicks and Cruz. Perhaps they spent an enormous amount of time studying the film to learn their tendencies and what alternate routes they apply when the original doesn't work. We should of gave RR more chances since he seemed to be on the cusp of a great game like he had against the Browns. Should of rode the hot hand with the Rueben sandwich but since we won, it is what it is.

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
if teams are doubling Nicks and Cruz then the 3rd WR and the TE should or RB should be all having very big days or they just aren't doing their job at all
With the talent they have the secondary options that is I agree completely they should be able to be one on one coverage every time

BParcells777
11-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Thank you it gets old....and annoying.

Girls! Girls!! NO HAIR PULLING PUHLESE!!!!!

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Girls! Girls!! NO HAIR PULLING PUHLESE!!!!!

:) I paid over 300 for this weave. lol

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I hate all of you.

On a side note, we arent helping Nicks and Cruz a whole lot with Bradshaw getting 95% of the carries

Tmurda1984
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds like Bennett, Hixon, Wilson, and Bradshaw needs to step their game up in the passing game. For the people saying that Nicks and Cruz need to beat the double team, its not that easy. When you have a cornerback in a trail technique and a safety over the top it makes some pretty tight windows to throw to. I think we need to be a little more creative with out running back routes out the backfield, and Bennett needs to dominate a linebacker covering him....thats absolutely ridiculous that a linebacker is covering him one on one.

rainierjef
11-03-2012, 05:00 PM
I hate all of you.

On a side note, we arent helping Nicks and Cruz a whole lot with Bradshaw getting 95% of the carries
With the whole lack of running game in the past couple games, we aren't helping them.
I just hope that its because of the fact that we faced division rivals and them knowing us is the reason.
We have to give credit to rob ryan as well.

FlyingTruck
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Okay we're finally getting respect. Eli really needs to get the ball to Bennet more. They need to get him more involved.

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Did they not expect this?

Captain Chaos
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
We know what a weak run game will do...

miked1958
11-03-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Big-Blue-Hits-with-WR-Nicks-fueled-by-Hess/64f4d84e-8f16-49e6-a084-44ccc5c46145He also said its freeing up 1v1's for the 3rd wide out (hixon) and the tight end (bennett). He said that during the cowboys game they were playing press at the line and keeping a safety over the top.If the run isnt working, and cruz and nicks are getting double teamed, is it important we still stick with the run? and hope it opens up, or should gilbride try to design more plays to try and get some other guys the ball?they put Barden back in. RR and Hixon all capable WRs

radar-ray
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
they put Barden back in. RR and Hixon all capable WRs This.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
...thats absolutely ridiculous that a linebacker is covering him one on one.

maybe my opinion of him is a little inflated but i feel the same way.

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
This team, at 6-2, is a Giant head-scratcher sometimes. I feel like that right now. And were winning. I think im confused.

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Where was Barden?I didn't hear his name once.