PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw - once again, not practicing

joemorrisforprez
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
I predict another mediocre performance Sunday. I hope I'm wrong.

This will mark the 3rd game he'll get the nod without being able to practice with his offensive line. The last 2 games have been unremarkable (78 yards / 3.6 ypc v. Cowboys.....43 yards / 3.5 ypc v. Redskins).

Tomorrow would be a great day to see a heavy dose of Wilson and Brown.....but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Marvelousmik
11-03-2012, 04:04 PM
we will smash the steelers

RagTime Blue
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
44 can play well with limited or no practice. Same thing for 88. Not at all worried.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm starting to think he really might not play we will see. If he hasn't practiced all week I do not see how he can possibly be effective. It's gotta throw the offense off a little when you practice the whole week with Brown and Wilson then all of a sudden Bradshaw is playing.

TheEnigma
11-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Bradshaw needs a game to rest up. We saw that last year with his durability concerns. If not tomorrow's game, let him rest for the Bengals game so he has 3 straight weeks to heal up before the Packers. The Bengals have THE worst MLB in the league with Rey Maulacrapa so I think we're safe to allow Andre Brown and David Wilson in as the starters.

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
At some point Bradshaw has to realize if he isn't close to 100% he is hurting the team by playing. I think Eli & co. can manage without him for 1 or two games.

JesseJames
11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
wasn't it Parcells who said if a player can't practice he can't play, wonder what happened to that theory

giantsfan420
11-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Bradshaw is an enigma you think that since she's not practicing he'd be fresh for the game and play at a high-level but it seems he is not effective during the games because of lack of practic

joemorrisforprez
11-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Bradshaw is an enigma you think that since she's not practicing he'd be fresh for the game and play at a high-level but it seems he is not effective during the games because of lack of practic

I agree.....when he's healthy and able to practice with his line, there is a noticeable difference. Last week, he looked out of sync.

FlyingTruck
11-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Give me Brown and Wilson. That's the 1-2 punch we really need.

B&RWarrior
11-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Last week he faced a good run defense, the same one he faced the first week.

Rusty192
11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Last week he faced a good run defense, the same one he faced the first week.Who were missing their best defender and he still did jack.

TheEnigma
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Eh, the run blocking wasn't exactly great against the Cowboys either. Locklear and Bennett were getting dominated at the LoS in the first quarter that led to so many 3 and FGs. Bradshaw still needs to take a game off here very soon so he can get some actual rest.

Captain Chaos
We'll have to wait and see, but he played most of last year the same way; of course we didn't have much of a run game!

Rudyy
And this is why he's ineffective..

joemorrisforprez
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
We'll have to wait and see, but he played most of last year the same way; of course we didn't have much of a run game!

That's been my long-running gripe. Gilbride runs him down, every season. He's just not a workhouse back.....he's a punishing runner, and he beats the **** out of himself, too.

Out of Exile
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
He needs to practice not fumbling

appodictic
11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Check your facts. bradshaw is 9th in rushing in the NFL in total yards even though he missed like 3 games. So hes actually having a srong season.

RoanokeFan
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Bradshaw needs a game to rest up. We saw that last year with his durability concerns. If not tomorrow's game, let him rest for the Bengals game so he has 3 straight weeks to heal up before the Packers. The Bengals have THE worst MLB in the league with Rey Maulacrapa so I think we're safe to allow Andre Brown and David Wilson in as the starters.

I'm guessing they're looking at the BYE week for that. I hnestly don't think any amount of time is going to allow Bradshaw to "heal." His feet are just going to be a problem as long as he plays

RoanokeFan
11-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Check your facts. bradshaw is 9th in rushing in the NFL in total yards even though he missed like 3 games. So hes actually having a srong season.

He had a strong two games in reality

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Whatever happened to common sports ethic?

In PopWarner, if you cant or dont show up to practice, chances are you wont be seeing the field on gameday.

In Middle School at the Modified level you get added responsibility, no one is holding you're hand. If you dont practice, what is the coach supposed to do?You're not playing unless your dad is the coach.

In HighSchool JV and Varsity level, the coaches expect you to be at practice after school EVERY DAY. If you miss practice you better have a damn good reason. If you are hurt and cant practice all week YOU DONT PLAY.

In College, I'm assuming its similar to highschool, you dont practice you dont play.. yet maybe a little more leniency is given like the NFL.

So now in the NFL, one would expect you must practice to play on Sunday. Obviously this is the professional level and exceptions can be made. IF you are one of the best players and the team really ...like really needs you (ala Plaxico 2007-2008) you can get away with a little missed practice.
But now we have Bradshaw going on his 3rd season of never practicing. And he still plays every Sunday. Its not like we can't play without him, we have BROWN, WILSON....cmon man! How can we give a guy 95% of the snaps whos doesnt practice? This violates the unwritten code of sports ethics on EVERY LEVEL of football. Unreal. UN ****ING REAL.

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Whatever happened to common sports ethic?

In PopWarner, if you cant or dont show up to practice, chances are you wont be seeing the field on gameday.

In Middle School at the Modified level you get added responsibility, no one is holding you're hand. If you dont practice, what is the coach supposed to do?You're not playing unless your dad is the coach.

In HighSchool JV and Varsity level, the coaches expect you to be at practice after school EVERY DAY. If you miss practice you better have a damn good reason. If you are hurt and cant practice all week YOU DONT PLAY.

In College, I'm assuming its similar to highschool, you dont practice you dont play.. yet maybe a little more leniency is given like the NFL.

So now in the NFL, one would expect you must practice to play on Sunday. Obviously this is the professional level and exceptions can be made. IF you are one of the best players and the team really ...like really needs you (ala Plaxico 2007-2008) you can get away with a little missed practice.
But now we have Bradshaw going on his 3rd season of never practicing. And he still plays every Sunday. Its not like we can't play without him, we have BROWN, WILSON....cmon man! How can we give a guy 95% of the snaps whos doesnt practice? This violates the unwritten code of sports ethics on EVERY LEVEL of football. Unreal. UN ****ING REAL.

It's pretty simple, this is the pros, and you put your best talent out on the field no matter what. I don't know why people keep complaing about Bradshaw because it is clear as day that our coaching staff think that he gives us the best shot at winning the game by being out there. At this level, winning is paramount where in highschool, middle school and pee-wee league is more about just having fun out there.

mike kennedy
11-04-2012, 12:41 AM

This will mark the 3rd game he'll get the nod without being able to practice with his offensive line. The last 2 games have been unremarkable (78 yards / 3.6 ypc v. Cowboys.....43 yards / 3.5 ypc v. Redskins).

Tomorrow would be a great day to see a heavy dose of Wilson and Brown.....but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Another week with no practice. How does he expect to be in shape for the game? He can't even knock down one of the Village People. This is one thing that drives me nuts about T.C. He is too dedicated to the norm. Cruz showed so much potential in his first preseason when they picked him up, he was the best preseason wide receiver and he still could not get into any games that first year. I think T.C. does not want to hear any crap from Ahmad if he does not start.
Bad move in my opinion but then again, who am I?

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 12:47 AM
It's pretty simple, this is the pros, and you put your best talent out on the field no matter what. I don't know why people keep complaing about Bradshaw because it is clear as day that our coaching staff think that he gives us the best shot at winning the game by being out there. At this level, winning is paramount where in highschool, middle school and pee-wee league is more about just having fun out there.

Frankly I think a 100% Wilson and/or a 100% Andre Brown should have more opportunities. I don't understand running a 75% Bradshaw into the ground.

Last week: Bradshaw had less than 4 yards per carry, and fumbled...... meanwhile, they gave Andre Brown 3 carries.....and he averaged 7 yards per carry, plus a TD.

I'd understand Gilbride's bromance with Bradshaw if the Giants had a couple chumps backing him up.......but we've got a 1st rounder who is lighting it up on special teams, plus Brown, who has done everything possible to take advantage of his limited opportunities.

Anyway, I suppose we'll see tomorrow......but I expect another sloppy performance from the running game given Bradshaw's inability to practice during the week.

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Frankly I think a 100% Wilson and/or a 100% Andre Brown should have more opportunities. I don't understand running a 75% Bradshaw into the ground.

Last week: Bradshaw had less than 4 yards per carry, and fumbled...... meanwhile, they gave Andre Brown 3 carries.....and he averaged 7 yards per carry, plus a TD.

I'd understand Gilbride's bromance with Bradshaw if the Giants had couple chumps backing him up.......but we've got a 1st rounder who is lighting it up on special teams, plus Brown, who has done everything possible to take advantage of his limited opportunities.

Anyway, I suppose we'll see tomorrow......but I expect another sloppy performance from the running game given the lack of practice.

You say the same thing every week in multiple threads, I'm pretty sure everyone on the boards knows how you feel at this point. There's really nothing else to say here that hasn't been said a million times before so I will just leave it at that.

Rat_bastich
11-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Another week with no practice. How does he expect to be in shape for the game? He can't even knock down one of the Village People. This is one thing that drives me nuts about T.C. He is too dedicated to the norm. Cruz showed so much potential in his first preseason when they picked him up, he was the best preseason wide receiver and he still could not get into any games that first year. I think T.C. does not want to hear any crap from Ahmad if he does not start.
Bad move in my opinion but then again, who am I?

Actually, Cruz played the first five games in his rookie year but had an injury that put him on the IR.

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
You say the same thing every week in multiple threads, I'm pretty sure everyone on the boards knows how you feel at this point. There's really nothing else to say here that hasn't been said a million times before so I will just leave it at that.

This week Bradshaw didn't practice....so I'm making a comment about it; namely, there seems to be a connection between his practice and production.

Seems like other posters share my opinion.

If you disagree, that's fine....but nobody is forcing you into this thread, chief.

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 01:05 AM
This week Bradshaw didn't practice....so I'm making a comment about it; namely, there seems to be a connection between his practice and production.

Seems like other posters share my opinion.

If you disagree, that's fine....but nobody is forcing you into this thread, chief.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, my point was that I've had this discussion with you before and to go there again would just be a waste of time.

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch, my point was that I've had this discussion with you before and to go there again would just be a waste of time.

Seems like you're the one getting bent over the subject.

Bradshaw didn't practice again Friday.....this will be his third week of limited/no practice, and I'm thinking for the 3rd week, he's going to struggle. I think the topic is worthy of discussion. If you don't think so, again, nobody is forcing you to comment on it.

The reason we've had this discussion before is because there is a new game every week. I didn't see the rule that we are allowed one topic per player per season.

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 01:15 AM
This is a game TC Has to be quick with a guy if he isn't performing. I don't know what's up with Bradshaw but if he struggling the lack of practice has got to be a reason why and should be notice going forward

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Seems like you're the one getting bent over the subject.

Bradshaw didn't practice again Friday.....this will be his third week of limited/no practice, and I'm thinking for the 3rd week, he's going to struggle. I think the topic is worthy of discussion. If you don't think so, again, nobody is forcing you to comment on it.

The reason we've had this discussion before is because there is a new game every week. I didn't see the rule that we are allowed one topic per player per season.

Pretty sure you responded to me first, and also took the first jab, but hey whatever you say "chief". Anyway, the point is you ***** and complain about Bradshaw week in and week out no matter how he preforms. Like I said earlier everyone is very aware of your hatred towards Bradshaw, and this is the last time I will say this but I will not go down that road with you yet again, because it leads to nowhere. Thank you, don't come again.

BlueOldSchool
11-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Brown and Wilson hit the holes faster... I like that about that tandem.

Hessian
11-04-2012, 03:01 AM

Jesus Christ enough with this. Go out and take an anvil, Wile E. Coyote style and break both of your ****ing feet. If you still perform better than the 2 guys behind you then you get to keep your starting position. Those guys NEED to beat him out. Enough said.

44#1
11-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Bradshaw is one of the best backs in NFL. Hard to just put him on the bench.

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Bradshaw didn't practice again Friday.....this will be his third week of limited/no practice, and I'm thinking for the 3rd week, he's going to struggle.....

Less than 50 yards today.....and less than 4 yards per carry, just as I predicted.

And, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but his pass protection was mediocre, too.

Oh well.