PDA

View Full Version : Can I make both the Knicks and Giants game tomorrow?

dmighty326
11-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Tried to scalp some knicks tickets to the heat game on friday and was scammed. With that said, i really want to go to a knick game before i leave monday. Is it possible to attend the Sunday noon game and still make it for the giants game? I was thinking of leaving the knick game at the start of the 4th and being at penn station, i should be able to catch the NJ Transit train..What do you think?

EDIT
Just read the train service is down so i was thinking of catching the port authority bus. Is it still doable? Does anyone know how long the bus ride usually takes?

BlueReign
11-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I'll be catching the 1 oclock bus. Takes about 10-15 minutes to get there.

BlueReign
11-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Ill be leaving Penn around noonish with some buddies from college, so if you're looking to go for a few drinks before the bus let me know, ill give you my contact info.

PETEY006
11-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Isn't the nj transit not running after sandy? Take a cab there

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I thought i heard NJ Transit was closed except for one of the rails...it had a weird name. You are better off ditching the Knicks game (assuming you already have paid for your Giants tickets?) and make sure you get to Giants Stadium for kickoff.

Hessian
11-04-2012, 05:01 AM
Nope.

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Very ambitious!!!

chizz
11-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Idk if id risk it

dmighty326
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
So if i left at 2pm you guys think i may have issues getting to the game ontime? I so want to do this. Am i underestimating the timeframe it will take to get to the stadium under these circumstances from Penn station. Worse case scenario, i would jump in a cab but that will be hitting into drinking funds :)

BlueReign, I appreciate the offer and would like to take you up on it. I have been looking to tailgate and would bypass the knick game alltogether.
Let me know and thank you.

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Tried to scalp some knicks tickets to the heat game on friday and was scammed. With that said, i really want to go to a knick game before i leave monday. Is it possible to attend the Sunday noon game and still make it for the giants game? I was thinking of leaving the knick game at the start of the 4th and being at penn station, i should be able to catch the NJ Transit train..What do you think?

EDIT
Just read the train service is down so i was thinking of catching the port authority bus. Is it still doable? Does anyone know how long the bus ride usually takes?

You'll probably miss most, if not all, of the 1st quarter. If NJ Transit was up and running then you would probably just make it. The walk from MSG to Port Authourity is where you'll lose the most time.

dmighty326
11-04-2012, 12:04 PM
You'll probably miss most, if not all, of the 1st quarter. If NJ Transit was up and running then you would probably just make it. The walk from MSG to Port Authourity is where you'll lose the most time.

PAPA

Was goign to take the train over to 42nd. So leaving MSG at 2pm, you feel like it would take more than 2 1/2 hours to get to the metlife?

Joe Morrison
11-04-2012, 12:06 PM
PAPA

Was goign to take the train over to 42nd. So leaving MSG at 2pm, you feel like it would take more than 2 1/2 hours to get to the metlife?
Why would you even trying to get in to see the Knicks, getting to Met Life is going to be enough of a challenge.

dmighty326
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Why would you even trying to get in to see the Knicks, getting to Met Life is going to be enough of a challenge.

I know.... Im just waying options. I havent bought the knicks ticket as of yet. I just want to see the garnden as i havent been in 12 years.
I am coming back to NYC for the saints game so maybe I will go then.

Im just having a hard time coming to the realization it is going to take 2+ hours to get to the stadium.

PETEY006
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
you can to the stadium in less than an hour from MSG

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 12:29 PM
PAPA

You're leaving MSG at 2? Didn't know that. But the basketball game won't be over by 2pm. If you're leaving MSG at 2 no matter what then yes, you will get to the Giants game before kick off. You're 1 stop away from Port Authority. And the bus ride from Port Authority to the Meadowlands shouldn't be more than 30-45 minutes.

Personally, I don't like leaving games of any kind early, but hey, enjoy.