PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or,

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
has it been pretty tame around here the past couple days?

the title of this thread should be:
"The Giants MB in brief; Steelers week and the most talked about topics"

Preamble: Its cold, its raining, I'm not going out drinking tonight and mentally prepping for the Giants game tomorrow. This board is not entertaining me enough tonight.

Lets see what we have:

1.) FBomb and diamondring have been the highlight (lowlight) of the past 24 hours or so. Pretty ridiculous/hilarious thread orginially started about Tuck and holding complaints. But there hasnt been much real football action in there, pretty facebook-esque. Overall B+

2.) Bradshaw not practicing again has been decent news, and theres a thread or two around here about it. Pretty interesting, I keep saying its BS but not getting many bites. Pretty slow topic. C

3.) Chucknoxx posting some amp-up videos definitely cool and entertaining. Love it. However, doesnt spark up lasting conversation. B-

4.) Roanoke posting the word on the streets as usual, no complaints there.

5.) Diehl starting now has been the most active thread late this week. Interesting, fun to complain about, but the topic has been beat to death from several angles. B+.

6.) Petrus Waived, Beckum Activated: This thread surprisingly got a lot of play. I posted in it, nonchalantly. Since when are Petrus and Beckum big news??

7.) LAst but not least, Blackburn out, Herzlich IN: Surprisingly not much in the way of traffic on this topic. I think this is a huge change in the defense..more so than any D-line rotation or Nickel CB change. This is big, this is the MLB. This topic only drew a 3-page thread. Really guys??

Overall I'd give the boards a C+/B- this week. Some cool stuff, but it seems like a slow week. Quiet before the Steelers storm..could be a good sign of things to come. Maybe hurricane Sandy has something to do with it. God bless those affected.

Next week I'm predicting a solid B, what do you all think?

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
It's a Saturday night.

fourth&forever
11-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I suspect there are quite a few working Hurricane Sandy cleanup.
I'm stuck doing it all weekend.
Poppa & Banks will be on my radio.
GO G-MEN!!!

tcseacliff
11-03-2012, 10:46 PM
are the boards, and TAGF empty late this week/tonight.

Its cold, its raining, I'm not going out drinking tonight and mentally prepping for the Giants game tomorrow. This board is not entertaining me enough tonight.

Lets see what we have:

1.) FBomb and diamondring have been the highlight (lowlight) of the past 24 hours or so. Pretty ridiculous/hilarious thread orginially started about Tuck and holding complaints. But there hasnt been much real football action in there, pretty facebook-esque. Overall B+

2.) Bradshaw not practicing again has been decent news, and theres a thread or two around here about it. Pretty interesting, I keep saying its BS but not getting many bites. Pretty slow topic. C

3.) Chucknoxx posting some amp-up videos definitely cool and entertaining. Love it. However, doesnt spark up lasting conversation. B-

4.) Roanoke posting the word on the streets as usual, no complaints there.

5.) Diehl starting now has been the most active thread late this week. Interesting, fun to complain about, but the topic has been beat to death from several angles. B+.

6.) Petrus Waived, Beckum Activated: This thread surprisingly got a lot of play. I posted in it, nonchalantly. Since when are Petrus and Beckum big news??

Overall I'd give the boards a C+/B- this week. Some cool stuff, but it seems like a slow week. Quiet before the Steelers storm..could be a good sign of things to come. Maybe hurricane Sandy has something to do with it. God bless those affected.

Ok, rant over. I've entertained myself, and given a pretty representative review of the boards for the latter half of the week.

my thinking is, you should have went out drinking then came back here and go to the smackktalk try to start stuff, then would have had a better perspective and more entertainment! LOL! go big blue!

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:04 PM
It's a Saturday night.

saturday, tuesday, christmas. I know we have better to offer.

anyway, maybe I should recap the board each week on Saturday. Just to be that guy

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
This is not an insult to anyone. This is a condensed look at Thursday/Friday/Saturdays most talked about topics. And all I'm saying is previous weeks have been better. No one is to blame.

god, freakin' idiot

(napolean dynamite voice)

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
saturday, tuesday, christmas. I know we have better to offer.

anyway, maybe I should recap the board each week on Saturday. Just to be that guy that everyone shakes their head atWell people are probably out..doing...Saturday night things haha.

This was actually pretty funny. You should grade the chat room.

BeatYale
11-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Lonely Saturday night bro? Try this: http://www.cowboys.com/

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Lonely Saturday night bro? Try this: http://www.cowboys.com/Are you registered on there?

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Ive given it a C+

Yeah, its Saturday but its freezing rain up here at school and w/o a girlfriend and no desire to get plastered, these are the things a man does to entertain himself. (i guess)

is my life this sad?

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Ive given it a C+

Yeah, its Saturday but its freezing rain up here at school and w/o a girlfriend and no desire to get plastered, these are the things a man does to entertain himself. (i guess)

is my life this sad?I'm afraid so.

Where do you go to school?

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Lonely Saturday night bro? Try this: http://www.cowboys.com/

seeing as my username represented my feelings toward that team at age 13...and still does, I'll avoid such a site.

dare i suggest anyone visit 4chan.org/b/ ? No no...too risky. That was fun for a week...3 years ago.

edit: ok, i had to go see what was up with /b/. HAHAHA

anywho, is there anyway our offense can match the physicality of the Steelers defense? Did you see what they did to the Redskins? good lord, we could be in trouble.

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
seeing as my username represented my feelings toward that team at age 13...and still does, I'll avoid such a site.

dare i suggest anyone visit 4chan.org/b/ ? No no...too risky. That was fun for a week...3 years ago.

edit: ok, i had to go see what was up with /b/. HAHAHA

anywho, is there anyway our offense can match the physicality of the Steelers defense? Did you see what they did to the Redskins? good lord, we could be in trouble.I heard this when we were about to face the Niners.

BeatYale
11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Are you registered on there?

Not yet, you PM'd me the link to the Brokeback Mountain chat room on that site only a few minutes ago. I'm still filling out the forms. Be patient bro.

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Not yet, you PM'd me the link to the Brokeback Mountain chat room on that site only a few minutes ago. I'm still filling out the forms. Be patient bro.HAHAHA.

It'd be funnier if I were a guy though :/

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
University of Vermont. waayyy up North. pretty big school tho, 12,000 of us or something

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Not yet, you PM'd me the link to the Brokeback Mountain chat room on that site only a few minutes ago. I'm still filling out the forms. Be patient bro.

haha WTF

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:17 PM
University of Vermont. waayyy up North. pretty big school tho, 12,000 of us or somethingA big school with nothing to do? C'mon..

tcseacliff
11-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Ive given it a C+

is my life this sad? mine is, I am replying to this!!! here. something to read: http://www.giantexile.com/sundays-playbook-ny-giants-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-in-a-battle-of-classic-nfl-heavyweights/

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh theres plenty to do, I'm just a lazy fk who ended up in rehab in May from partying too hard. You'd be surprised how hard it is to go to the bars/ parties and not drink (not like alcohol was my problem anyway).

again, I'm not complaining, I just dont think the qauilty of football talk was impressive yesterday or today.

Tuck thread was absolutely hilarious tho, my god. haha

Rat_bastich
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I notice activity usually slows down right before a game. Beginning of the week there seems to be alot then it dies out a night or two before the weekly game. Of course during the game and after it is frenetic. Plus, with storm cleanup in the north it most likely is affecting some of the activity.

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:32 PM
mine is, I am replying to this!!! here. something to read: http://www.giantexile.com/sundays-playbook-ny-giants-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-in-a-battle-of-classic-nfl-heavyweights/

dude, I'm worried about of offense matching the steelers physically. I know we can, but will we?

CowboysSuck
11-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I notice activity usually slows down right before a game. Beginning of the week there seems to be alot then it dies out a night or two before the weekly game. Of course during the game and after it is frenetic. Plus, with storm cleanup in the north it most likely is affecting some of the activity.

True, we are due for some good traffic in here Sunday night/Monday. If we lose, we won't be able to keep track of the number of trolls on here.

Rudyy
11-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Oh theres plenty to do, I'm just a lazy fk who ended up in rehab in May from partying too hard. You'd be surprised how hard it is to go to the bars/ parties and not drink (not like alcohol was my problem anyway).

again, I'm not complaining, I just dont think the qauilty of football talk was impressive yesterday or today.

Tuck thread was absolutely hilarious tho, my god. hahaThat's true, drinking gets so old at least to me it does.

That thread escalated so quickly.

tcseacliff
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
I like the Eli-Peyton superbowl stuff- the bookmakers will all have strokes, trying to take all the action! and, imagine the prices of scalped seats? wow!

Eliscruzzz
11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I like the Eli-Peyton superbowl stuff- the bookmakers will all have strokes, trying to take all the action! and, imagine the prices of scalped seats? wow!That would be the most watched and greatest SB ever...I'm hoping that it happens.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
we can only dream of such a SB

Drez
11-04-2012, 12:52 AM
It's a Saturday night.
Not only that, I'm sure there's quite a few member that have been effected by Sandy.

nygfan90
11-04-2012, 01:00 AM
My best guess (since im sure a majority of the people that post on here are from the North East) is that they're either out getting plastered because they have no power at home, waiting in line 2 1/2 to 3 hours for gas, dont have a house (not made to be a joke), doing clean- up, at a friends/relatives house who has power or getting laid. I'm gonna go with all of the above.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 01:02 AM
My best guess (since im sure a majority of the people that post on here are from the North East) is that they're either out getting plastered because they have no power at home, waiting in line 2 1/2 to 3 hours for gas, dont have a house (not made to be a joke), doing clean- up, at a friends/relatives house who has power or getting laid. I'm gonna go with all of the above.

Or being those of us who are online and doing none of the above.

back in the day on saturday I'll tell you i wou..... ah forget it

nygfan90
11-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Or being those of us who are online and doing none of the above.

back in the day on saturday I'll tell you i wou..... ah forget itlol..i have all night man! lol

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Don't forget us guys living in our parents basement that are 150lbs overweight! =)

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Don't forget us guys living in our parents basement that are 150lbs overweight! =)Because that definitely stops them from going on thr internet, lol

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Because that definitely stops them from going on thr internet, lol

Us neckbeards just want some love too!

nygfan90
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
lmao

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah there is a ton of legit reasons for people not being online. Let me tell ya man when ur out of power and have only a cell for entertainment, limited food n water with no heat, but ur lucky in comparison to millions at this moment, couldn't hurt to do some volunteer work. Got back a bit ago and I can assure u it's way more fun and fulfilling than bsing around here and being cool with sitting round, not that there's a thing wrong with that should one choose. And I'm bout the last guy to do that but I dunno this storm literallyhits home and it just made sense.

In terms of the football talk I think the lack of it could be credited with the reality many face at this time. Somehow tho, those few posters who seemingly live to cause drama here and follow others around, we'll they aren't skipping a beat unfortunately lol well actually fortunately bc it means they aren't affected by the storm

egyptian420
11-04-2012, 02:42 AM
well i'm pretty hammered right now.....uhh...GO GIANTS!!!

Hessian
11-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Yeah there is a ton of legit reasons for people not being online. Let me tell ya man when ur out of power and have only a cell for entertainment, limited food n water with no heat, but ur lucky in comparison to millions at this moment, couldn't hurt to do some volunteer work. Got back a bit ago and I can assure u it's way more fun and fulfilling than bsing around here and being cool with sitting round, not that there's a thing wrong with that should one choose. And I'm bout the last guy to do that but I dunno this storm literallyhits home and it just made sense.

In terms of the football talk I think the lack of it could be credited with the reality many face at this time. Somehow tho, those few posters who seemingly live to cause drama here and follow others around, we'll they aren't skipping a beat unfortunately lol well actually fortunately bc it means they aren't affected by the storm

Hard to argue that... I'm 2000 miles away. I'll rewire the whole ****ing place if needed but I'd need to ask your local IBEW to work their and it would be better off if they hired new hands. For the future!

TextureDj
11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I really hope they are getting laid.
You poor *******s up there could use it after all that. We get this nonsense every couple years down here, but you guys' heads must be doing the exorcist routine, pea soup and all, from the stress and unknown.

Hang in there my friends.

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Eh, try turning on the news. Do you live under a rock?

Given what has gone on in the NY/NJ area this week (and what is still going on), this thread is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
It appears you need a life....

SweetZombieJesus
11-04-2012, 08:08 AM
I have no power (which also means no heat and no water). I haven't showered in a week. I don't have enough gas left to get to work anymore. Most gas stations are closed or out of gas. The ones that are open have 4 hour lines, rationing, and now they are doing odd/even license plates. A lot of us are devastated, sorry if we aren't entertaining you to your usual standards.

I have enough gas to visit my brother where I can get my first shower in a week , a hot meal, and watch the giant game.

GMan-67
11-04-2012, 08:14 AM
yeah lots w/o power still, we were out 5 days and im not complaining, so many have it much, much worse

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I have no power (which also means no heat and no water). I haven't showered in a week. I don't have enough gas left to get to work anymore. Most gas stations are closed or out of gas. The ones that are open have 4 hour lines, rationing, and now they are doing odd/even license plates. A lot of us are devastated, sorry if we aren't entertaining you to your usual standards.

I have enough gas to visit my brother where I can get my first shower in a week , a hot meal, and watch the giant game.

In the same boat, except with a full tank of gas (got it when I lucked upon a "short" gas line that was only 2 hours long). Hang in there.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:38 AM

I cant complain about that proposition. The only thing is Im at school in Northern Vermont, its a bit far from the Metro area.

Since when did this turn into a CowboysSuck-doesnt-give-a-****-about-hurricane-Sandy-thread? I even said in the first page god bless. You think I don't know anyone whos house isn't literally gone right now? I just didnt think that was the reason for the lull in the MB. I guess it must be

miked1958
11-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Pretty tough week for people living in tri state area. A lot of them still without power and many having to re build their lives starting from scratch. I talked to family up in that area and the last thing on their minds is a football game much less a football forum

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
ok again, this thread is about the topics that have been discussed on the MB the past few days. **THIS IS NOT A SLIGHT TO THOSE AFFECTED BY SANDY**

god, freakin' idiot

miked1958
11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
ok again, this thread is about the topics that have been discussed on the MB the past few days. **THIS IS NOT A SLIGHT TO THOSE AFFECTED BY SANDY**god, freakin' idioteasy! Relax! I didn't say it was a slight to those effected by Sandy. Just saying the topics and threads you speak of and even some I've seen that would normally generate pages of Posts are all down this week. And the reason is prob more then half of who's normally on here weekly just are not on this week. More important things to do... So my intention on my post wasn't directed at you or what you thought I meant...

I should of highlighted and bold printed you're last statement about hurricane sandy having something to do with it cause I was agreeing with what you said is all. And your right "God bless all who were effected for sure"

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:59 AM
easy! Relax! I didn't say it was a slight to those effected by Sandy. Just saying the topics and threads you speak of and even some I've seen that would normally generate pages of Posts are all down this week. And the reason is prob more then half of who's normally on here weekly just are not on this week. More important things to do... So my intention on my post wasn't directed at you or what you though I meant...

I wasnt directing my post at you either, just a general me being an *******.

But maybe i should have just 'graded' the MB and left out at potential reasons or complaints.
Next Saturday night I'll do the same exact thing. I think it will be a better week (especially if we lose oh god, the flood gates open up on here after losses)

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:01 AM
It appears you need a life....

more like Captain Obvious

no but seriously, I have as much of a life as I want, and last night I wanted no life so I chilled , problem?

miked1958
11-04-2012, 10:07 AM
I wasnt directing my post at you either, just a general me being an *******.But maybe i should have just 'graded' the MB and left out at potential reasons or complaints.Next Saturday night I'll do the same exact thing. I think it will be a better week (especially if we lose oh god, the flood gates open up on here after losses)Gmen need to come out inspired like the NY Knicks did at MSG the other night when they trounced Miami.

miked1958
11-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Need to jump on the steelers like we did vs cowboys only this time get TDs instead of FGs and never look back in a blowout win

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
We need offense early. We have to come out fast on offense. We have to set the tone early with the running game. Its important that we score either on our 1st or 2nd drive. We cannot have a turnover early on offense. We must not go 3 and out on the first drive.

..it doesnt matter how you word it, we need to come out fast. I'm sick of the flat 1st halves we always have, my goodness please football gods do not give the Giants another flat 1st half i cant take anymore.

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
U near lake champlane or further north? And I hope u didn't think my post was a critical in any way, I know what ur going they with deciding to stay away from situations that could lead u away from where u want to be and in that aspect u chilling in is commendable.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
ya i go to University of Vermont, its right on the east side of (northern) Lake Champlain

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:24 AM
U near lake champlane or further north? And I hope u didn't think my post was a critical in any way, I know what ur going they with deciding to stay away from situations that could lead u away from where u want to be and in that aspect u chilling in is commendable.

no no, I dont take things personally on here. I come at other people pretty hard sometimes when I really am just being a ****, so I have some perspective. Its all in good fun/conversation (sometimes cough cough rainer diamond )

Yea, considering I was posting on these Boards in May from an iPhone i snuck into a rehab facility, Its in my best interest not to drug. I know what streets to go to and what people to call to take things to the next level and alcohol will do that

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM
By the way, I edited the first page. I included the Blackburn/Herzlich topic that I somehow forgot when I made the thread. Also, I edited the intouction and conclusion.

Does anyone have any topic I should add, or perhaps condense? It would be cool to have a thread evrrry week that recaps and grades the weeks most talked about topics.

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I know all too well it's good that u recognized the issues ESP when ur away at college in vt no less where the bud and psychedelics flow like the salmon of coppstrano

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
haha yea those two are as abundant as old people in Fort Lauderdale. Everywhere.

Unfortunately my dumb *** got into opiates, well specifically THE opiate, if u know what im saying

BurnerNYG
11-04-2012, 10:34 AM
It's more to life than sitting around talking about a football team.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
It's more to life than sitting around talking about a football team.

you mean, **There's** more to life, not It's

but quality insight, thanks i didn't realize. Clearly with only 1,500 posts and on here since 2003 this isn't my life. I enjoy some conversation during football season thats all. No need to come at me with a condescending statement

BurnerNYG
11-04-2012, 10:46 AM
It's, there's... same difference. Anyway, people usually find things to do on a Saturday night besides talking about football. The college season is heating up, the NBA is back, there are women on the planet, movies at theaters etc, etc.

NYGfanNC
11-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Haha I posted the Petrus Beckum just as a heads up, didn't know it would be some active.