PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the whining?

grapenut
11-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Started with Gilbride, then Tuck, and now Cruz and Nicks. What happened to " shut up and play".

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:35 AM
could have something to do with shmashmishmans arguing about their rights? No no, lets not go there

What happened to shut up and play is the media. The ever-increasing, never satisfied 24-hour monster known as the media is poking and prodding these coaches and athletes every chance they can get. If you had a camera in your face 24hr/day I'm sure we would all say something and wish we had..what, "re-worded" it?
i blame the media

ibbill
11-04-2012, 09:40 AM
could have something to do with shmashmishmans arguing about their rights? No no, lets not go there

What happened to shut up and play is the media. The ever-increasing, never satisfied 24-hour monster known as the media is poking and prodding these coaches and athletes every chance they can get. If you had a camera in your face 24hr/day I'm sure we would all say something and wish we had..what, "re-worded" it?
i blame the media

NFL Media is brutal they push these guys to the brink just to make headlines.Nfl was ticked off also when there were no blockbuster trades for them to rant about.

Devil does exsits its the NFL media.

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Started with Gilbride, then Tuck, and now Cruz and Nicks. What happened to " shut up and play".

What did Nicks and Cruz say?

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
NFL Media is brutal they push these guys to the brink just to make headlines.Nfl was ticked off also when there were no blockbuster trades for them to rant about.

Devil does exsits its the NFL media.

So true, and not directed really at the OP, but the only whining I'm hearing is ABOUT the perceived whining from the players.

Die-Hard
11-04-2012, 10:10 AM
What did Nicks and Cruz say?

Unlike offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and defensive end Justin Tuck (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3286/justin-tuck), Nicks and Cruz forgot to accuse Steelers defensive backs of getting away with murder when they went public with their feelings that the Steelers hold opposing receivers without penalty from the officials. Nicks said cornerback Ike Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651/ike-taylor) was the main culprit in a secondary that grabs “a lot” and Cruz said he expects to be held on every play.
“It’s pretty blatant how they do it,” Cruz said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “Some of it’s not being called (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/giants_receiver_hakeem_nicks_s_1.html), and some of it is, so we just have to be prepared to fight through it no matter what happens. And no matter what the down and distance is, expect to be held, expect to be grabbed and just continue to fight.”

Pretty damn pathetic, and its getting very annoying to keep seeing it from these guys week after week. Just shut the hell up and play, because it's not like either of them have been lighting it up lately anyway.

Die-Hard
11-04-2012, 10:12 AM
So true, and not directed really at the OP, but the only whining I'm hearing is ABOUT the perceived whining from the players.

Perceived? They're complaining, and accusing their opponents of holding before the game has even been played. There's no perception, it's reality.

BigBlueAllDay
11-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I think they want to put it out there so the game refs are aware of it and to keep it in their minds when they're actually officiating the game.

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Perceived? They're complaining, and accusing their opponents of holding before the game has even been played. There's no perception, it's reality.

Yeah, perceived. If it results in the officials in doing their job better - wonderful.

What are the players supposed to talk about?

Confident in winning? Shut-up don't be ****y
Expecting better play from themselves and teammates? Shut-up keep it in the locker room
Talking about how they need to execute? Shut-up with the boiler plate non answers
Saying the Steelers are a great team? Shut-up stop kissing *** and focus
Commenting on an injury? Shut-up get on the field you are injury prone.

hadenough
11-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Complaining?? Or providing a truthful answer to one of a thousand questions the media asks them??

Kez Simpson
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Stop whining about our players whining.

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Stop whining about our players whining.+1

Die-Hard
11-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, perceived. If it results in the officials in doing their job better - wonderful.

What are the players supposed to talk about?

Confident in winning? Shut-up don't be ****y
Expecting better play from themselves and teammates? Shut-up keep it in the locker room
Talking about how they need to execute? Shut-up with the boiler plate non answers
Saying the Steelers are a great team? Shut-up stop kissing *** and focus
Commenting on an injury? Shut-up get on the field you are injury prone.

They have to talk to the media. Its a part of their job to do so

However, they can control what they say, and if someone asks them a potentially inflammatory question, they have the option of either a) not answering it, or b) giving a more diplomatic answer that doesn't come off as accusatory. All teams get held in every single game, but you dont hear all of them complaining about it in the media as much as our guys have so far this season, especially before the games are played. To me, it comes off as whining, and I find it annoying.

NASTI-D-AWSUM-O
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
The only way defenses can stop NY recievers is Physical play and holding. Your gonna see more short stuff early to TE's and Hynoski. Then later on, after the Steeler D is sucked into the short game Eli' is gonna open it up. I think this one is gonna be fun to watch. Lets hope they hook up on many big plays today...

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah what he said......I think.?.?

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
its well deserved..........I have observed our WRs and D linemen getting blatantly held all year long........unfortunately a Tom Coughlin team does not cheat

At least Tuck and Gilbride had the bravado to come out ant call it out to the REFs .......the uhhhhhh Vegas Refs not the Replacement punching bags