PDA

View Full Version : So.....What's On The Menu Today?....

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
With all that's happened this week we just might order some ****a or something.

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Chinese food!

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Chinese food!Duh, you say that almost every game, LMAO

ac106fd
11-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Making this chili, a lot of work, but it is phenomenal!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/dragons-breath-chili-recipe/index.html

FBomb
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
The Great Lee and Mark Giants/Steelers Chili Cookoff is getting under way. It is a tradtion. Whenever NY and Pitt play we have a party!! Mark is one of my best friends, my bass player and a Steelers fan!! We have a bunch of Giants and Steelers fans that we all hang out with, so they are all coming. It's always a great time!!

Made the Chili yesterday (always better the second day) and it is now warming in the slow cooker. It won the last time, but we have new competition this year, so who knows? My chili is both spicy and sweet...and has won other contests in and around the city. Stuffed shells are in the oven. Salsa and cheese are in the warmers, Made the French onion dip yesterday (also better as it sits)...I cut up some large mushroom tops, 3 kinds of bell peppers and baby carrots...plus chips for dipping.

There will be 4 types of chili in the contest this year.

Others will bring the beer and booze. Someone is bringing my new favorite Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey....The way whiskey is suppose to taste.

ac106fd
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM
The Great Lee and Mark Giants/Steelers Chili Cookoff is getting under way. It is a tradtion whenever NY and Pitt play we have a party!! Mark is one of my best friends, my bass player and a Steelers fan!! We have a bunch of Giants and Steelers fans that we all hang out with so they are all coming. It's always a great time!!

Made the Chili yesterday (alwasy better the second day) and it is now warming in the slow cooker. It won the last time, but we have new competition this year so who knows. My chili is both spicey and sweet...and has won other contests in and around the city. Stuffed shells are in the oven. Salsa and cheese are in the warmers, Made the French onion dip yesterday (also better as it sits)...I cut up some mushroom tops, 3 kinds of bell peppers and baby carrots.

There will be 4 types of chili in the contest this year.

Others will bring the beer and booze. Someone is bringing my new favorite Jeack Daniels Tennessee Honey....The way whiskey is suppose to taste.

I always love chili when the weather gets cool out.

What type of meat do you use in yours?

FBomb
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM

Hamburger and sausage

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Duh, you say that almost every game, LMAONo I don't..?

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Im debating between going out and getting wings, or going out and noming some Asian/Chinese cuisine. Whatta ya guys think?

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM

i think the best chili I make is usually 1 part beef to 1 part pork plus the 30 other essentials.

every now and then I throw in a wild card...like sausage just for kicks

Captain Chaos
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Chicken soup....

FBomb
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
i think the best chili I make is usually 1 part beef to 1 part pork plus the 30 other essentials.

every now and then I throw in a wild card...like sausage just for kicks

I always use sausage in mine but I have 2 secret ingregients thatny wife doesn't even know.

nygfan90
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Taco Bell and beer. The giants better not upset my stomach anymore than its gonna be.

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Taco Bell and beer. The giants better not upset my stomach anymore than its gonna be.

Are you going to be watching the game from the throne? LOL

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm debating on making my shrimp scampi or just being lazy and going with a soup and a sandwich

nygfan90
11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Are you going to be watching the game from the throne? LOLlmao..Hopefully not! (fingers crossed)

Cool Papa B.
11-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Making this chili, a lot of work, but it is phenomenal!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/dragons-breath-chili-recipe/index.html

Mmmmm.....if I had enough gas in my tank I'd be on my way to your place LOL.

BigBlue1971
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
one of my favorites....saint looie style ribs with potato salad, sprouts and cornbread!

BigBlueAllDay
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Crab cakes made of washed up crabs and a soup made of washed up clams boiled in seawater collected from the hurricane.

gfd_2
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
In honor of the Jersey Shore .... Striped Bass Chowder:

2 lbs of striped bass cut into 1 cubes
3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 cubes
8 oz mushrooms, 1/4ed
1 bunch of scallions, sliced
1/3 stick of butter
4 Tbsps of flour
1 tsp of dried dill (or to taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste
10 oz frozen corn
3 cups milk
2 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock

Melt the butter in the pot, cook scallions and flour until done. Add chicken stock, bring to boil, add potatoes and reduce the heat to a low simmer. After ~ 15 minutes when potatoes are tender add corn, mushrooms, dill and simmer for ~ 15 minutes.
Stir in fish, milk and salt and pepper. When fish is opaque and flakes, remove from heat and serve.

BlueOldSchool
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
The usual Giants feast of Italian specialties! Abondanzza!!!