PDA

View Full Version : Giants Season is Over!

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Time to clean house! Bring on Cowher!

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Time to clean house!* Bring on Cowher!

Jeff Fisher over Cowher if my vote counts.

barran21
12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I take Romeo I want a damn defense...

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm so tired of watching the Giants fall apart at the end of the year, I would take Jim Fassel!

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm good with that. Maybe Spaggs will need a job!</P>

miked1958
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Yep they looked like a bunch of unprepared quiters out there Sunday, IN THEIR OWN HOUSE! No less

Thats unacceptable IMO and coaches need to be fired for it. And the sooner the better

galaxy10
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I just want some new blood. At least if there are new coaches we have hope that things could get better. Right now there is no hope. Coughlin is taking taking the blame, maybe he knows the writing is on the wall. I just want a defense of any kind. My blood pressure goes out of the roof when I watch them play.

Dr Octopus
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
....and if we beat the rubbish Jets on Christmas Eve .........................is the season still over for you guys ?

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 01:30 PM
DITTO!!

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes!! If they beat the Jets, they will probably lose to the Cowboys, which will allow the Eagles to win the division. Priceless! </P>

davmac2BB
12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Time to clean house! Bring on Cowher!

Jeff Fisher over Cowher if my vote counts.

Gruden over Cowher and Fischer and here are the reasons.

Cowher would want a 3-4 defense and we don't have the personnel for that and I don't want to spend a season transitioning to it. Also Cowher has some Coughlin like seasons in Pittsburgh

Fischer really doesn't strike me as a Superbowl Winnning coach and he lost more seasons than he won in Tenn.
Gruden has proven that he can come in and produce instant success. As long as we don't have in involved in the FO he can get at least 4-5 productive years out of that offense before we have to go into rebuilding mode.

bigbluegmenfan
12-19-2011, 02:00 PM
If we beat the Jets, The Eagles are eliminated.

bigbluegmenfan
12-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes!!* If they beat the Jets, they will probably lose to the Cowboys, which will allow the Eagles to win the division.* Priceless!* </P>

Sorry, didnt hit teh quote button, but was responding to this quote.

Anyway, a Giant or Dallas win Saturday eliminates the Eagles. No biggie, but i see your point..The bad ways this season could end is mind boggling.
How about this scenario..(as been prev discussed).? The Giants are eliminated by 1/2 and if they win, Philly makes it, a loss Dallas gets in. Talk about a nightmare.

barran21
12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes!! If they beat the Jets, they will probably lose to the Cowboys, which will allow the Eagles to win the division. Priceless! </p>
Wrong, even if the boys lose to Eagles the best record the Eagles can
have is 8-8, all the Cowboys have to do is beat us week 17 and the
Eagles are eliminated, the Eagles need quite a lot to go in there favor
to win the division, they need the Cowboys and Giants to go 8-8....

UK-Giantsfan
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
....and if we beat the rubbish Jets on Christmas Eve .........................is the season still over for you guys ?

True ....the season is not over

The Jets are pathetic
The Cowboys are easily beaten again

im as pi$$ed off as the rest of you about yesterday ....but i aint ready for the draft just yet

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM

The Jets are pathetic

im as pi$$ed off as the rest of you about yesterday ....but i aint ready for the draft just yet

Jets aren't pathetic..

And the Cowboys aren't easily beaten....they always beat us at home...I just pray to god the Jets dont end our season...Id rather have Jerry Jones do it than Rex...

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Time to clean house! Bring on Cowher! Jeff Fisher over Cowher if my vote counts.</P>

It doesn't . . . . </P>

NJ10
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
To win yesterday would have been too easy. This team doesn't show to play until there backs are up against the wall.

The offense just never got in a good rythem. I bet if Nicks dosent drop that TD pass, the whole game changes. And the defense, what can I say... they stink aside from JPP.

I believe we smack around the Jets and beat the cowboys the following week. But if they dont get there heads out of there asses we are 1 and done in the playoffs.

plc
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Just let the next game play out.This is a week by week league.This morning there is a small problem in Green Bay.Today Detroit is the master of all things.This year in particular with the lock out things are different.We need to beat the jesters on Saturday and then go from there.If we lose to the sanchize and the big mouths then I will say start over but remember we have 3 SB rings and have played in it 4 times.Which team owns NY???

UK-Giantsfan
12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
[Jets aren't pathetic

1) They were pathetic yesterday against the Eagles
2) They are the Jets .........and are therefore hated and always pathetic in my mind

WE STILL CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY .........worth fighting for with 2 games to go

BurnerNYG
12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
[Jets aren't pathetic

1) They were pathetic yesterday against the Eagles
2) They are the Jets .........and are therefore hated and always pathetic in my mind

WE STILL CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY .........worth fighting for with 2 games to goIf we make the playoffs, who do you think this 7-7 team gonna beat? Certainly not Detroit.

barran21
12-19-2011, 04:46 PM

The Jets are pathetic

Jets aren't pathetic..

2-5 on the road i think that's closing in on Pathetic, they can't play without the home crowd and they have had a cup cake schedule compared to us...

Jets Schedule (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/schedule?team=NYJ&amp;id=3430)

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Time to clean house! Bring on Cowher! Jeff Fisher over Cowher if my vote counts.</P>

Bring in an old, spent head coach to replace our old, spent head coach<FONT color=#ff0000>......BRILLIANT!!!!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>We need to get into the 21st century. Give me a young, innovative, motivating HC.</FONT></P>

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
What's wrong with a 3-4? It was pretty successful for the Giants, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. Do you think we have the personnel for the 4-3? I think they are 30th in the league. How much worse can it get. Trade some of the D-Line and get some Linebackers and make the Giants a dominant D again!

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
What's wrong with a 3-4? It was pretty successful for the Giants, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay. Do you think we have the personnel for the 4-3? I think they are 30th in the league. How much worse can it get. Trade some of the D-Line and get some Linebackers and make the Giants a dominant D again!

We are strong at DE and incredibly weak at LB. 3-4 is exactly the opposite of what we need. Not to mention we don't have a human blob at DT that is required for a 3-4. When we have 4 LB who deserve to be on the field at the same time then let's worry about it. Right now we only have one who deserves to be on the field at all.

Hit'em Hard
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
That's why they need to trade Osi, release Canty and get some Linebackers. The 4-3 hasn't worked since Strahan retired. The blitzing they used last year was the only way they got pressure on the quarterback. They can't get pressure with just the D-line!

egyptian420
12-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I think we'll beat the Jets...not sure about the boys though, that's going to be the most intense game of the season...My head is telling me we lose, but my heart is telling me we win.

If the skins can sweep us, we should be able to sweep the cowboys

GCGiant
12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Give me a young, innovative, motivating HC.

I know this isn't possible, but just curious...would you take Sean Payton if you could get him?

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Give me a young, innovative, motivating HC. I know this isn't possible, but just curious...would you take Sean Payton if you could get him?</P>

Of course. But I would like Mike Zimmer. And that IS possible.</P>