PDA

View Full Version : Cut Mark Herzlich immediately.

shockeyisjesus
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Nice story, glad the guy recovered from cancer, he's a flat out terrible football player.

The Steelers picked us apart across the middle all day long. He was a flat out disgrace on the football field today.

Fewell was very disappointing in not figuring out a way to draw up a defense without him on the field.

He was atrocious in every sense of the word. If he ever see the field for us again as anything but a special teamer I will be EXTREMELY p*ssed off. He cost us this game by being the weak link in the chain all game long.

BG61
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
In his defense, the guy was an undrafted FA. He looked good last year against the run at least. He did look awful today in all phases.

53canton
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Glad I wasnt the only one seeing this. Man, I hope he improves from this.

sharick88
11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Nice story, glad the guy recovered from cancer, he's a flat out terrible football player.

The Steelers picked us apart across the middle all day long. He was a flat out disgrace on the football field today.

Fewell was very disappointing in not figuring out a way to draw up a defense without him on the field.

He was atrocious in every sense of the word. If he ever see the field for us again as anything but a special teamer I will be EXTREMELY p*ssed off. He cost us this game by being the weak link in the chain all game long.

You need to be committed.

BG61
11-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Maybe its time to stop babying Rivers and get him out there too. The guy does produce when he's out there.

53canton
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Rivers is never healthy.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
HERZLICH was....BAD. flatout AWFUL

TheAnalyst
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
All the Chase haters are gone now. Lol. I kept saying, Herz does not look good in there. But we have no other option.

wado1
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Rivers is never healthy.

This

Bennyblancco
In his defense, the guy was an undrafted FA. He looked good last year against the run at least. He did look awful today in all phases.

He sucked last year too. Remember when he gave up that passing touchdown because he followed the shallow route??

wolverine77
Giants are predictable. You can throw up the middle and they can't stop it. Cowboys did it all day against us. It's just bad defense.

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hugehomer
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
The Giants linebacking flat out stinks. Kiwi is NOT a LB. Herzlich has no instincts and get ever get off a block. Oh yeah he stinks in coverage too

BigBlueOnes
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
It's that stupid #ss haircut. Grow up. He stinks.

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Maybe its time to stop babying Rivers and get him out there too. The guy does produce when he's out there.

Babying?

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Herzlich did play like garbage, but the offense clearly lost us this game

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are quite the stud

Juanito
Not NFL class I'm afraid.

The Giants have ignored MLB for years, got what they deserved tonight there.

Cool Papa B.
You need to be committed.

LOL LOL LOL.....

Toadofsteel
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
All the Chase haters are gone now. Lol. I kept saying, Herz does not look good in there. But we have no other option.

Amen... Chase needs to come back. Just because he's "not as athletic" doesn't mean is worse...

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Amen... Chase needs to come back. Just because he's "not as athletic" doesn't mean is worse...

I never got the unathletic comments..........what is he supposed to do? Backflips?..........He's a terrific MLBer and our Defensive Leader

BlueSanta
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Rivers is never healthy.

Rivers doesnt play the same position as Mark Herzlich. His health is irrelvant to Mark's terrible play. I want him to suceed, but he is absolutely not a NFL caliber MLB.

jaygoon
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
ill agree on this one..maybe not cut him and all, lol, but our run defense was horrible again today. Him or Chase are not good MLB.

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
ill agree on this one..maybe not cut him and all, lol, but our run defense was horrible again today. Him or Chase are not good MLB.

You are really thick man.........we are like 14-3 with Chase as MLBer

You better take up a new sport to watch.......maybe competitive knitting

hugehomer
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Chase is very average.Watch Karlos Dansby play and you will see the huge difference.

Martyr
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes he made plenty of mistakes but many others did too. I know the babies here need a scapegoat.

Bennyblancco
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
The Giants linebacking flat out stinks. Kiwi is NOT a LB. Herzlich has no instincts and get ever get off a block. Oh yeah he stinks in coverage too

Kiwi is NOT the problem. Boley, J. Williams, and Rivers are studs.

G-Men Surg.
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Chase is very average.Watch Karlos Dansby play and you will see the huge difference.
At 43 mill for 5 years ?!?!? Oh yea, the Dolphins can keep him !

TooStupid
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
The problem is Fewel not Herzlich

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
At 43 mill for 5 years ?!?!? Oh yea, the Dolphins can keep him !

no thanks....I'd rather watch Blackburn win Super Bowls..........Carlos can watch that too if he has a ticket or a TV

radar-ray
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
As average as most people think Chase is, in comparison Herzlich is a D -. Not blaming the sorry D run stopping all on him, but he was the D QB.

FlyingTruck
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
People actually thought he should have been starting over Chase this whole time. Crazy.

P_Simms_#11
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I am sure we've all been affected in one way or another by cancer. I understand being inspired by his survival, i am too, but that doesn't make him a good player.

DaKraken
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Middle of defense was destroyed today with huge runs and Herzlich has to take a lot of that responsibility. He was terrible - seemed like he was pushed all over or out of position. Really showed how much we missed Chase Blackburn.

Joe Morrison
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
First its cut Chase, now its cut Herz, don't wish for things you just might get, be happy with what you have.

I am hoping Chase is back soon, Herz needs some more practice, he got smoked tonight.

I Bleed Blue 56
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Should of drafted Burfict but hey we will face him next week and see just what we gave up. Why in the hell did people think Herzlich was our future he got beat for the job by Chase who last year was out of work. Sorry sometimes some Giants fans are clueless. We need to address this position in the offseason draft or FA. Most like draft since we have no money to pick up a reasonable player.

GFiP
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Linebacker has been the weakness of our D for a long time. Nothing has changed.

jaxnygmen
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM
We have neglected this position for years and time and time again it bites us in the rear. But Herz was not the only issue. Hosley got his butt burned. Webster and rolle on the quick slant that should have never been a TD. Offense was garbage today.

jakegibbs
11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Rivers is never healthy.

WHY DO YOU THINK HE HAS THESE MUSCULAR DISORDERS HIS WHOLE CAREER? CAN'T SEE IT, CAN'T DETECT IT ON MRI, CAN'T STAY ON THE FIELD CONSISTANTLY SO EVERYONE CAN CLEARLY SEE HE DOESN'T BELONG IN THE LEAGUE. STAY HURT A GET A CHECK AS LONG AS YOU CAN. CAN'T BLAME HIM CAN YOU?

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Ive said this all year and 80% of you guys have bashed and bashed tooth and nail saying Chase sucks. But Chase is a good player. Whos laughing now??? idiots...

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
You need to be committed.Wrong!!! Herzlich was nothing today but a go to first down in every sense. He was just as bad as Eli!!!

The rest of the D minus all LB'ers were decent. This could have been a lot worse of a beating if the D didnt show up. Dont get me started on Eli who looked totally lost like the last 2 games!!

What is the deal with Eli??? He has kept our D on the filed for the most part for 3 weeks now.

JJC7301
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
What do you want? What was it, his first game starting? Starting at mike in your 2nd year is not easy.

How about scoring more than 13 points on offense?

nycisgreat
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM

The guy played like trash!

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Amen... Chase needs to come back. Just because he's "not as athletic" doesn't mean is worse...Chase isnt as fast but knows how to make the adjustments at the line for the entire D. Herz was just Lost In Space the entire game and I also saw C Web holding is hands up at Hrez when he tried to make an adjustment like WTF are you calling?????

Parademon
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
We have been so obsessed with drafting D-linemen over the yrs, but have never cared to improve our LBing core. We are set in the front 4, next yr, we need to start drafting LBers cuz the ones we have now, are not the 2nd coming of LT, Carson, Banks & Reasons!

Out of Exile
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
He's hardly played. I think he needs more time in the driver seat.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
We have been so obsessed with drafting D-linemen over the yrs, but have never cared to improve our LBing core. We are set in the front 4, next yr, we need to start drafting LBers cuz the ones we have now, are not the 2nd coming of LT, Carson, Banks & Reasons!You forgot one.......Pepper Johnson. Other than that I 100% agree with your post!!! LB'ers are the heart of the D. Stubborn and tough enough to play the run and graceful enough to play the pass.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
He's hardly played. I think he needs more time in the driver seat.HELLS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you sir are outta your mind. He has proven he doesnt have the skills for MIKE!

Tmurda1984
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
This is the reason why I always defended Chase Blackburn. Blackburn made a huge difference in our defense especially in run support. Herzlich is flat out terrible and allowed the Steelers 3rd string running back run for almost 150 yards. I seen JPP and Rolle pursuing the ballcarrier more than this bum. WHAT ON EARTH MADE ANY OF YOU THINK THAT THIS BUM IS BETTER THAN BLACKBURN?!?! Get off the madden game and stop watching his Boston College highlights. If he keeps this up...Paysinger my see more action. Also Herzlich is terrible on kick coverage, I watch returners blow right past him.

xRick52x
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Let me tell ya, I have been a Chase hater. For the first time in.....forever, I actually did want Chase to be our MLB. Most teams tend to rush outside on us until Mark stepped in...

Parademon
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
You forgot one.......Pepper Johnson. Other than that I 100% agree with your post!!! LB'ers are the heart of the D. Stubborn and tough enough to play the run and graceful enough to play the pass.

Thanks, forgot Pepper! How bout Brad Van Pelt back in the 70s, I'd take him over most of our current LBers too!

GiantRoc
11-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry, but you guys are nuts if you think Blackburn would have done any better today. Or have you missed the last few games where we were run all over and had 100 7 yard catches in a row throw over the middle. Chase is a back up who is starting because we dont have a MLB. Our D scheme sucks. Hell our O scheme sucks. We are figured out guys. We need some changes. Not Chase Blackburn.

SweetZombieJesus
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
How long have you been watching games? The giants have been picked apart over the middle since Antonio Pierce got old, and there's always been someone WIDE open in the holes in the zone coverages since Spags left. Nothing new here.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-05-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry, but you guys are nuts if you think Blackburn would have done any better today. Or have you missed the last few games where we were run all over and had 100 7 yard catches in a row throw over the middle. Chase is a back up who is starting because we dont have a MLB. Our D scheme sucks. Hell our O scheme sucks. We are figured out guys. We need some changes. Not Chase Blackburn.the last part of your name states your IQ...ROCK

oldsmobile
11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Reminds me so much of BEARS Urlacher, but isn't even 25% of the player Urlacher is !!!!! That means "Come on MAN".

BigJ
11-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Kiwi is NOT the problem. Boley, J. Williams, and Rivers are studs.
Boley, Jwill, and Rivers are Studs????? U obviously don't know what a stud LBer is because all of the put together don't make a stud Linebacker haha. Jwill was drafted 6th round pick and is an ok player, he's hurt all year. Boley isn't really that good he's just better then our other backers which isn't sayin much and what Stud backer can't make a pro bowl? And Rivers has the most talent but is a huge bust getting drafted 9th overall out of USC and can't stay on the field. We havnt had a stud LBer in many many years.

GiantRoc
11-05-2012, 01:58 AM
the last part of your name states your IQ...ROCK

That's it?? Can you expand your point of view? Or just name call?

giantsfan420
11-05-2012, 02:11 AM
I think people are overreacting a little too much every time we lose or have a bad game there has to be a scapegoat I don't know why

stormblue
11-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Ive said this all year and 80% of you guys have bashed and bashed tooth and nail saying Chase sucks. But Chase is a good player. Whos laughing now??? idiots...

the fact that Herz sucks too , doesn't decrease Blackburn's suckitude.

M00KIE
11-05-2012, 04:32 AM
I think people are overreacting a little too much every time we lose or have a bad game there has to be a scapegoat I don't know why

Yeah, way too much. It seems every year this MB loses a few IQ points. The guy has a bad game and all of a sudden we should cut him, etc.. It's all nonsense. He could come in next week and play well and everyone here will be anointing him a HoF MLB.

BlueBlooded1979
11-05-2012, 05:23 AM
I say cut rivers and add a healthy body. Herz is a core ST guy and improved since last year. He isn't good but his upside is more than Rivers who has a pre-reserved room at HSS. Boley made the calls last year and it worked. Go back to that.

shockeyisjesus
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
For the record I like Blackburn. He isn't a all-pro or anything and he is very suspect in pass coverage, but he is a VERY solid run stopping MLB. He busts into the backfield, takes on guards and FB's and has a tendancy to blow plays and other players up and allow other guys to make plays.

He's become a great 1st and 2nd down LB but he needs to come off the field on third down and we need to roll with Boley and go back to our 3 safety system of Rolle, Phillips (when healthy) and Stevie Brown on 3rd and longs or obvious passing situations.

Herzlich was utterly worthless in every facet of the game. He couldn't get off blocks against the run, he couldn't cover guys one on one in a man defensive scheme and he might have well been sitting on the field indian style whenever we went to a zone coverage because he got nowhere near anyone all day long.

If not for some turnovers and some strange playcalling from the Steelers (the fake FG), things could have been much worse. They picked on Herzlich all game long. Blackburn, while much better in run defense, isn't any better in pass defense either.

Witten and the Cowboys really exposed the open wound that is the middle of the Giants defense when it comes to guarding short passes over the middle of the field. What did Witten have, 18 freaking catches???? Are you kidding me??
Once Phillips and Williams are healthy we need to have a third down Nickel package of Boley and Williams as the linebackers, Phillips, Rolle and Brown as the 3 safeties and Amukamara and Webster as the corners.

Or if you wanna go dime take out Williams and put in Hosley for 3 corners, 3 saftiees, 1 MLB (Boley) and 4 DLmen. But one thing is for absolutely sure, Herzlich is nothing more than special teams fodder for the rest of the season and then we give him his outright release and draft a stud LB in the first round.

Hell, I'd even be ok with trading up 10 spots in the draft after we win the SB again to make sure we get a stud linebacker! We cannot keep ignoring that position!

Draft a MLB and a corner in the second round and most likely a OL in the third. But one thing is for sure, Herzlich cannot see the field anymore if we are going to be a serious playoff team this year. That "performance" was absolutely horrible.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 07:50 AM
For the record I like Blackburn. He isn't a all-pro or anything and he is very suspect in pass coverage, but he is a VERY solid run stopping MLB. He busts into the backfield, takes on guards and FB's and has a tendancy to blow plays and other players up and allow other guys to make plays.

He's become a great 1st and 2nd down LB but he needs to come off the field on third down and we need to roll with Boley and go back to our 3 safety system of Rolle, Phillips (when healthy) and Stevie Brown on 3rd and longs or obvious passing situations.

Herzlich was utterly worthless in every facet of the game. He couldn't get off blocks against the run, he couldn't cover guys one on one in a man defensive scheme and he might have well been sitting on the field indian style whenever we went to a zone coverage because he got nowhere near anyone all day long.

If not for some turnovers and some strange playcalling from the Steelers (the fake FG), things could have been much worse. They picked on Herzlich all game long. Blackburn, while much better in run defense, isn't any better in pass defense either.

Witten and the Cowboys really exposed the open wound that is the middle of the Giants defense when it comes to guarding short passes over the middle of the field. What did Witten have, 18 freaking catches???? Are you kidding me??
Once Phillips and Williams are healthy we need to have a third down Nickel package of Boley and Williams as the linebackers, Phillips, Rolle and Brown as the 3 safeties and Amukamara and Webster as the corners.

Or if you wanna go dime take out Williams and put in Hosley for 3 corners, 3 saftiees, 1 MLB (Boley) and 4 DLmen. But one thing is for absolutely sure, Herzlich is nothing more than special teams fodder for the rest of the season and then we give him his outright release and draft a stud LB in the first round.

Hell, I'd even be ok with trading up 10 spots in the draft after we win the SB again to make sure we get a stud linebacker! We cannot keep ignoring that position!

Draft a MLB and a corner in the second round and most likely a OL in the third. But one thing is for sure, Herzlich cannot see the field anymore if we are going to be a serious playoff team this year. That "performance" was absolutely horrible.

Blackburn is terrible against the run