PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS STEELERS NATION

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
solid win by a classy football Team...

I had a feeling this would be a brawl but what can I say?

Good Game.

miked1958
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
There hasn't been one Steeler fan in here all week..

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
2 of my friends are steeler fans 1 is classy and respectful the other is a complete A**.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
If the do come they just flat out beat us down congrats.

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
we weren't dominated so I disagree with you there Eliscruzz.

we gave up a 10 point lead because frankly, our D is soft at the worst times. One minute they look scary, the next, a basket full of kittens.

Their D brought it and we couldn't do anything with them

Seven7
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Thank you guys for the congratulations. I know how hard it can be to take a loss like that someimes. Putting aside the whining Nicks, Cruz and Tuck did prior to this game I have always really respected your team and honestly have always thought the Steelers and Giants had a lot in common. The AWFUL officiating in today`s contest wasn`t your team`s fault so I won`t gripe about it other than to say I`m shocked we were able to overcome it. Hope you guys are all doing well with the storm and all, best of luck the rest of the season. I hope we see you in the big one. Eli vs. Ben would be awesome.

Parademon
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM

we gave up a 10 point lead because frankly, our D is soft at the worst times. One minute they look scary, the next, a basket full of kittens.

Their D brought it and we couldn't do anything with them

Are you crazy! The Giants D did all they could to bail out our totally inept offense! Webster pick sets them up at the Steeler 33, they can't punch it in! D stops the fake FG play. O didn't give the D hardly any time to rest on the sidelines! 3 & out for most of the game, especially their last 3 posessions in the 4th qt. D just got worn out at the end by the Steelers run game.

Steelers D just totally dominated the G-men's O today. They also ended up winning the battle of the trenches in the end. Tough loss for us, but the Steelers were the much better team today.Giants better win vs Cincy next week or the 2nd half collapse curse just might be fact!

GiantWarfare
11-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Yea they earned that win today. Their defense shut us out. We gotta regroup big time...

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Are you crazy! The Giants D did all they could to bail out our totally inept offense! Webster pick sets them up at the Steeler 33, they can't punch it in! D stops the fake FG play. O didn't give the D hardly any time to rest on the sidelines! 3 & out for most of the game, especially their last 3 posessions in the 4th qt. D just got worn out at the end by the Steelers run game.

Steelers D just totally dominated the G-men's O today. They also ended up winning the battle of the trenches in the end. Tough loss for us, but the Steelers were the much better team today.Giants better win vs Cincy next week or the 2nd half collapse curse just might be fact!

not crazy, to me this game boiled down to the 4th. They made more plays than we did, we couldn't and never converted a 3rd down. We hoped our D could pull off a takeaway and gamble on an 4th Q win in our favor.

The last 3 or 4 games we've looked very fallible and today I agree with you, the better Team won.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM

The offense played poorly but the idea that the defense bailed them out of anything is ludicrous. The defense did not play well. It's such a joke when people say the defense was worn out. Were they really worn out by the third drive of the game when they had played all of 12 plays and then watched the Steelers hold the ball for 5 and a half minutes as they manhandled the Giant defense? Get serious.

The offense stunk, special teams was horrendous and neither helped the defense at all today but the idea that the poor, poor defense was out there laying it all on the line only to be let down by the offense is insulting to any fan's intelligence.

The Steelers defense is ranked first in points and passing yards against, 2nd in total yards and 9th in rushing against. They owned the LOS on both sides of the ball. Your backup RB doesn't average 6 yards a carry against great defenses.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Their D brought it and we couldn't do anything with them You really think I care if you disagree I said we got beatdown and we did the 4th quarter....They beat our offense down their offense was clicking and scored 14 un- answered points.

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Our offense completely shat the bed, and as usual our defense could not stop the run to save their lives. We better shape up fast because our inability to score touchdowns, no running game combined with our terrible running defense will catch up to us mighty fast.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Thank you guys for the congratulations. I know how hard it can be to take a loss like that someimes. Putting aside the whining Nicks, Cruz and Tuck did prior to this game I have always really respected your team and honestly have always thought the Steelers and Giants had a lot in common. The AWFUL officiating in today`s contest wasn`t your team`s fault so I won`t gripe about it other than to say I`m shocked we were able to overcome it. Hope you guys are all doing well with the storm and all, best of luck the rest of the season. I hope we see you in the big one. Eli vs. Ben would be awesome.No offense but I'm pretty sure it was just Tuck whining....

BigBlueAllDay
Gotta thank Mike Tomlin for the fake FG run on 4th and short on a chipshot FG try. lol The only thing the Giants could have done there was stopping a fake FG attempt. No decent team will ever send everyone to block a chipshot FG in that situation and risk giving up a TD.

Parademon
I never said our D was great. But they had great pressure on Rapistburger for most of the game, 4 sacks, 4 pressures, 8 QB hits, had a pick by Webster that from 33yds out, the O once again couldn't turn into 7. As the game wore on in the latter half of the 3rd & all the 4th, you could tell that the inability of the Giants O to susatin any time consuming drives to give the D a rest, started to affect our pass rush late in the game & against their run game.

The D had 4 sacks, a pick, stopped a fake FG. Were they great today, no. but it was more the ineptitude of the O to score more points in the RZ, & going 3 & out almost all of the 4th qt, that cost us the game. We throw hardly any screen passes to the RBs, no slants, & if the Steeler D was taking away our WRs, do like Dallas does with Witten & throw more passes to Marty B! We never utilize the TE like NE, Atl, Dallas & NO do!

BParcells777
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
We got ous ***zzes whipped.....where is that plate of Crow.

If there is any consolation Tomlin is the only guy in the league I like so much it really does not bother me losing to him

Tomlin is a CLASS act

BigBlueAllDay
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Steelers may very well win the AFC North from the Ravens by the end of the season.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
The offense played poorly but the idea that the defense bailed them out of anything is ludicrous. The defense did not play well. It's such a joke when people say the defense was worn out. Were they really worn out by the third drive of the game when they had played all of 12 plays and then watched the Steelers hold the ball for 5 and a half minutes as they manhandled the Giant defense? Get serious.

The offense stunk, special teams was horrendous and neither helped the defense at all today but the idea that the poor, poor defense was out there laying it all on the line only to be let down by the offense is insulting to any fan's intelligence.

The Steelers defense is ranked first in points and passing yards against, 2nd in total yards and 9th in rushing against. They owned the LOS on both sides of the ball. Your backup RB doesn't average 6 yards a carry against great defenses.Did you even watch the game???? Our D was on the Field for the majority of it. Eli couldnt complete anything tonight and looked like a rookie tonight while throwing into double and triple coverages, running left and throwing right almost getting Cruz killed, and just not doing what the Eli we know can do.....This is now 3 WEEKS he has done this crap and he better pull his head outta his *** or give his paychecks to our defensive guys to split up.

Parademon
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
He obviously doesn't want to admit that Eli & the O shat the bed in this game & the D just got plain worn out in the end thanks to all the 3 & outs Eli & the O did at the end.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
We got ous ***zzes whipped.....where is that plate of Crow.

If there is any consolation Tomlin is the only guy in the league I like so much it really does not bother me losing to him

Tomlin is a CLASS actYeah next time Parcells please don't be so ****y

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
The D had 4 sacks, a pick, stopped a fake FG. Were they great today, no. but it was more the ineptitude of the O to score more points in the RZ, & going 3 & out almost all of the 4th qt, that cost us the game. We throw hardly any screen passes to the RBs, no slants, & if the Steeler D was taking away our WRs, do like Dallas does with Witten & throw more passes to Marty B! We never utilize the TE like NE, Atl, Dallas & NO do!

No argument with this, right on.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Did you even watch the game???? Our D was on the Field for the majority of it. Eli couldnt complete anything tonight and looked like a rookie tonight while throwing into double and triple coverages, running left and throwing right almost getting Cruz killed, and just not doing what the Eli we know can do.....This is now 3 WEEKS he has done this crap and he better pull his head outta his *** or give his paychecks to our defensive guys to split up.

Spare me, man; I watched the game, although based on your ranting that statement is pretty ironic.

BillTheGreek
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
We can't keep blowing Leads............... When your ahead there is a reason !

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
He obviously doesn't want to admit that Eli & the O shat the bed in this game & the D just got plain worn out in the end thanks to all the 3 & outs Eli & the O did at the end.

See previous response. At no point have I ever excused the offense or Eli for their play.

I haver enough blame in my heart for all three units. The defense played well enough for us to win today unfortunately the offense did not. But the idea that the defense played well or deserves more than simple kudos for a decent game is a joke. The offense has carried the defense plenty...I rarely see mouthbreathers on these boards claiming the defense should be splitting their checks with the offense.

Some perspective in analysis wouldn't hurt. That's all I'm saying.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-05-2012, 12:08 AM
See previous response. At no point have I ever excused the offense or Eli for their play.

I haver enough blame in my heart for all three units. The defense played well enough for us to win today unfortunately the offense did not. But the idea that the defense played well or deserves more than simple kudos for a decent game is a joke. The offense has carried the defense plenty...I rarely see mouthbreathers on these boards claiming the defense should be splitting their checks with the offense.

Some perspective in analysis wouldn't hurt. That's all I'm saying.what perspective would you like skippy?

Hrunting
11-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm a Steelers fan; here's my perspective: I came into this game thinking that you guys have a fine squad, and nothing I saw yesterday has fundamentally changed that assessment. On offense, you have a terrific quarterback, a number of dangerous receivers, and an admirably courageous HB in Bradshaw. Your defense -- true to the Parcells legacy --- is built around an excellent front four. Your secondary, I think you'll agree, is less talented than your D-line, that's just football in the salary cap era: you have to prioritize certain positions over others, and I most teams would choose a great pass rush over a great secondary.

I think that the Steelers offensive play calling effectively exploited the relative weakness of the secondary while neutralizing your advantage on the offensive line. Todd Haley's new offense -- in contrast to the sandlot-style, deep pass-heavy offense we'd used for the last few years -- emphasizes short passing and pass protection. Your DLs weren't afforded much time to get to the qb, and your DBs didn't play terrifically well. You're linebackers were similarly unimpressive in defending the run, which forced the safeties to chip in, which opened up the passing game...

Look, the Steelers didn't "solve" the Giants. They outplayed you on this particular day, but if Eli had been a bit sharper, and if your LBs had eaten their wheaties before yesterday's game (I'm confident that Michael Boley, at least, is capable of playing better than that), the result might have been different. Nor was this a devastating loss. You still have a three-game lead over your nearest divisional rivals, and I don;t see overhyped, gimmicky teams like Dallas and Philly making a serious runs at you in the coming weeks. You have a good coach, and you generally play a fundamentally sound game. You'll be alright.

Anyway, here's hoping that you're all high, dry, and warm.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Thank you guys for the congratulations. I know how hard it can be to take a loss like that someimes. Putting aside the whining Nicks, Cruz and Tuck did prior to this game I have always really respected your team and honestly have always thought the Steelers and Giants had a lot in common. The AWFUL officiating in today`s contest wasn`t your team`s fault so I won`t gripe about it other than to say I`m shocked we were able to overcome it. Hope you guys are all doing well with the storm and all, best of luck the rest of the season. I hope we see you in the big one. Eli vs. Ben would be awesome.Nicks and Cruz whining? I'll give you Tuck but whatever..

The officiating evened it self out honestly. Can't believe some people would use that excuse. The only call I didn't like was the hit on Cruz. Thought is was tacky. And maybe a block in the back on the fumble TD return.

I love the Steelers and their fanbase, but It would have been nice if you had maybe showed up here before the game as well.

Seven7
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
No offense but I'm pretty sure it was just Tuck whining....http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/nicks-cruz-think-the-steelers-defensive-backs-get-away-with-holding/

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
what perspective would you like skippy?

Thanks! I've got all I need champ, unfortunately there likely ain't enough in the world to mollify most everyone else here.

Seven7
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Nicks and Cruz whining? I'll give you Tuck but whatever..The officiating evened it self out honestly. Can't believe some people would use that excuse. The only call I didn't like was the hit on Cruz. Thought is was tacky. And maybe a block in the back on the fumble TD return.I love the Steelers and their fanbase, but It would have been nice if you had maybe showed up here before the game as well.The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/nicks-cruz-think-the-steelers-defensive-backs-get-away-with-holding/

They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.

I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...

Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.

Seven7
11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
They weren't wrong, but that's how the game works. It's only holding if it gets called.They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

Seven7
11-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't agree but there's no point in arguing. He made a great play with his left hand and interfered with his right. One man's great play is another's something else...Judgment calls - and PI is pretty much always a judgment call - are just that.I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.I saw some nice pass-interference going on against our Wr's for much of the game. Wasn't called. Like I said, it evened itself out. No bias here. I said I didn't like some of the calls that went our way. Your team won. Congratulations.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
They might not be wrong but it's poor taste for a team who likes to complain about other teams who won't shut their mouths (Jets) to turn around and B & M just as much.

I don't disagree but I find no similarities between the two organizations at all other than both are based on the tri state area.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I rewatched the game on the all 22 film and his right hand wasn't even close to making contact. Sorry, but you're just wrong. I can understand the refs were overly excited to call it though, considering how much Cruz and Nicks whined leading up to the game, so I guess their strategy worked.

OK, that's fair - I'll re-watch it. My memory is of the live play only. That said I wouldn't be shocked if we still disagree as we clearly have different points of view and agendas.

That's crap. The whole whining strategy thing is crap frankly and I don't believe you actually believe the refs were swayed by it.

That said, I really don't like when the Giants talk that kind of crap, it's bush and they should be above it. Every team holds, every team tries to take advantage...I don't agree with the *****ing to the press, I don't think it helps a team's cause at all and often works against them.

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
The only reason I registered was to respond to this thread. I don't generally "smack talk".And if you thought the first PI call on Lewis was anything other than insane, I'm sorry but your bias is showing through. That was one of the best plays I've seen a DB make all year. Wasn't even close to interference.

Granted the first PI call was as iffy as Brown's TD run (if that ball broke the plane, it broke it by the tip of the ball), but on the same play there could have been illegal contact on the WR on the route, well past 5 yards, just from memory.

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Bleh no use arguing pointless issues. The Steelers out played us. Personally, I would rather congradulate them and stay close with my stealer nation bretheren because when Giants and Steelers get together good things happen.......like the Mara sisters.

BuffyBlueII
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers flat out won. There is no excuse about it. I don't particularly mind them and I think Mike (Omar Epps) Tomlin is a decent guy. However, the continual crying of the fanbase over the officiating after a win is ridiculous. The fumble call was not clear cut but iffy at best. The ball was hit when Rapistfatburger brought his arm back to pass and was still wobbly when he went to throw it. That call can go either way and in that instance I think it was the right one. The call against Ryan Clark on the hit on Victor Cruz in the endzone was ridiculous. That should not have been a flag. Granted, it was a cheap shot but it was not illegal. It was borderline late but was not a penalty.

Hey Pittsburgh Steeler fans, congratulations on the win. Now stop the *****ing and moaning about the calls and get ready for your next game. I understand that most of you are still elated because you just beat The Defending SuperBowl Champions in our house but please, stop crying about the calls. I say the same things to NY Giants fans that cry about the bad calls in the regular season game against Green Bay Packers last year. It is all part of the game.

miked1958
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Steelers are my second favorite team. Grew up around a lot of Italian steelers fans and when I moved south we met another family from Pittsburgh we became very close with. The older mom became like my grandmother and her son almost like an uncle. And my wife and I are God parents to all his sisters kids. Anyway he was a huge steelers fan and we always were at there house on Sundays for dinner so I always rooted for the steelers on Sundays as long as they were not playing anyone from the NFCE especially the giants. That's where I drew the line. But did cheer form them in their SBs. Have great respect for a lot of players on that team

BigBlueAllDay
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.

Rusty192
11-09-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.Haha we even got smack from panther fans. go figure. maybe Bengals fans are more realistic about their team and don't want to go off and talk trash.

Eliscruzzz
11-11-2012, 01:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/04/nicks-cruz-think-the-steelers-defensive-backs-get-away-with-holding/Ummm they were warned for that way before this game they never said anything about the Steelers...

BuffyBlueII
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm still waiting for some smack talk from bengals fans.... The lack of smack talk lately is surprising.

I have a feeling that there is a lack of smack talk lately because other fanbases do not veiw us a real threat anymore.

Parademon
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Based on our play the last month or so, can you blame them? I bet every fanbase of every team we have left on our schedule is circling us as an easy win. Sad, that as defending champs, we get so little respect.

Rusty192
11-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Based on our play the last month or so, can you blame them? I bet every fanbase of every team we have left on our schedule is circling us as an easy win. Sad, that as defending champs, we get so little respect.I doubt it. Lambeau12 thinks his team will lose Sunday. A lot of fans fear this team as they should. We can beat anybody in the league at any time. 'Course when we feel like it ;)

Any fan of another team who thinks we will be an easy win is a moron.

Parademon
11-23-2012, 12:52 AM
If we beat GB Sunday night, I agree, but should we lose & get blown out in the process, believe you me, other teams & their fans will have us pegged as an easy W on their schedule.

Giants need to send a message to the rest of the NFL this Sunday night with a convincing win! That will put the fear into the Skins, Falcs, Ravens, Saints & Eagles that we are the defending champs , come & try to take it!