PDA

View Full Version : Did the game look as bad as it sounded?

chasjay
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Just as I did with the Dec.19 Eagles' game last year, I listened to yesterday's debacle while driving back to New Orleans after attending our company Xmas Party in Memphis. If we're nip and tuck for the playoffs next year, I think I'll skip the party and try to break the Mojo.

Last year, I could listen and identify the bone-headed, flukish plays that happened to hand Philly the win. But this year, other than a bad pass or two and a few dropped passes, I couldn't identify specific plays that the game hinged on - except maybe a ton of 3rd downs that the Skins converted or got close enough to convert a 4th down. Carl Banks seemed to think the Giants sealed the loss by not running the ball enough. Do you guys who watched the game think the play selection was a major part of the loss? It sounded like execution to me.

hadenough
12-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Just as I did with the Dec.19 Eagles' game last year, I listened to yesterday's debacle while driving back to New Orleans after attending our company Xmas Party in Memphis. If we're nip and tuck for the playoffs next year, I think I'll skip the party and try to break the Mojo.

Last year, I could listen and identify the bone-headed, flukish plays that happened to hand Philly the win. But this year, other than a bad pass or two and a few dropped passes, I couldn't identify specific plays that the game hinged on - except maybe a ton of 3rd downs that the Skins converted or got close enough to convert a 4th down. Carl Banks seemed to think the Giants sealed the loss by not running the ball enough. Do you guys who watched the game think the play selection was a major part of the loss? It sounded like execution to me.

Yes...our coaching is below awful. You're lucky you got to listen....I wish I didn't have to see that team yesterday.

ngirard85'
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
This was the game described in a single play...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82529efb/Hakeem-Nicks-drops-a-potential-TD

and yes, we abandoned the run too early.

Mr Excitement
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
my eyes are still sore from watching that pathetic display

MikeIsaGiant
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, Nicks just bummed me out. I had to hear it from people that he sucks because of that sucky play

barran21
12-19-2011, 02:21 PM
my eyes are still sore from watching that pathetic display

My brain erased most of it, only a few plays stand out, plus I gave up once Eli threw that pick in the endzone...