PDA

View Full Version : We really deserved that loss

rtr1105
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Terrible all around. I'll admit that the first TD was helped by the assistance of some blown calls. Even with that we still lost. The secondary was terrible. Eli made some bad decisions and he had little protection. For the most part, our D-Line actually played well. Tuck and Osi really came alive, even though Osi missed a critical red zone tackle late in the game. But once again, we couldn't cover the tight ends or anything else in the middle of the field, and we had no run defense. Oh, and why did Diehl start?

DandyDon
11-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I agree. Bad in all three phases of the game. Diehl was bad and a 10 year vet dont lose his job on an injury, but I hope he is not playing next week.

For the rest, I'll chalk this one up to the hurricane, and let move on to next week. They just looked FLAT.

This was actually the only thread on the first 2 pages that I would actually respond to. The rest of the posts are by the normal chicken-little gang ...

ReiRiza
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah man. I mean I'm upset we lost, but if you've been a Giants fan since ATL THE VERY LEAST the first Super Bowl run.....you know this season is going into the final weeks and if we get hot...watch out. If we don't get hot it's over! Lol

BMW
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Diehl started because our coaches are morons, not playing wilson at all and brown very little is a joke also.

radar-ray
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Diehl started because our coaches are morons, not playing wilson at all and brown very little is a joke also. Agree, and yes we deserved to lose.

rtr1105
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah man. I mean I'm upset we lost, but if you've been a Giants fan since ATL THE VERY LEAST the first Super Bowl run.....you know this season is going into the final weeks and if we get hot...watch out. If we don't get hot it's over! Lol

I'm not losing hope. I've always bled blue but yesterday's game was bad. The November-early December slump is always so frustrating. I hope that Atlanta stays undefeated until we play them in Week 15 because if we beat them that will set us off on a tear.

miked1958
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
It was another embarrassing home loss. We seem to have a lot of those. Hopefully we can rebound on the road vs bengals..

miked1958
11-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Like was said maybe their heads just were not in the game with all the hurricane damage a lot of them had. I know the offense has had it's troubles past few weeks anyway but hurricane compounded it. They were saying all the right things but in the end the were flat and lifeless most of the day

miked1958
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Hopefully we make it all the way through and meet them again in SB.. That's where we will return the favor

DandyDon
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Diehl started because our coaches are morons, not playing wilson at all and brown very little is a joke also.

Yes - the coaches that helped win 2 SBs in 4 years are morons...??

nycisgreat
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I agree. Bad in all three phases of the game. Diehl was bad and a 10 year vet dont lose his job on an injury, but I hope he is not playing next week.

For the rest, I'll chalk this one up to the hurricane, and let move on to next week. They just looked FLAT.

This was actually the only thread on the first 2 pages that I would actually respond to. The rest of the posts are by the normal chicken-little gang ...

Don't give this team any excuses. The offense have been off for three weeks. Their bad play has nothing to do with Sandy.

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 12:37 PM
If you can't run the ball, and can't stop the run, you will lose games. UNLESS you get great special teams, a big turn-over differential in your favor, or a huge day passing, or some combination of those. We failed big time on everything mentioned

egyptian420
11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I think we needed a loss like this to wake us up. We've been dodging bullets the past few games and the wins against Washington and Dallas covered up a ton of problems this team has. I think now we can finally wake up and address these issues because we realized we can't get lucky every week.

egyptian420
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Don't give this team any excuses. The offense have been off for three weeks. Their bad play has nothing to do with Sandy. +1...if anything, this gave them more reason to play their hearts out for the fans. Look at Pit, they travelled the same day of the game.

NYGabriel
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
It's been coming. Can't play as poorly as the Giants have been since the 49ers game and expect to keep winning.

giantsforce
11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes - the coaches that helped win 2 SBs in 4 years are morons...??If I am not mistaken Coughlin and Killdrive have been with the Giants for 9 years. So it is 2 SB's in 9 years not 4. I take it you are not too good at math or you started counting only from the first SB. Either one does not make for the fact that they are morons. Not playing the right personnel and having a very predictable play calling.

Rat_bastich
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm hoping this game got their attention because apparently the Redskins' and Cowboys' games they tried to give away didn't. Maybe they've finally come back down to earth.

Plus, stop with the Super Bowl in yadda yadda years stuff. You can't hang your future on what you did in the past, you need to constantly evolve or you become stagnant.

ANON837
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Don't give this team any excuses. The offense have been off for three weeks. Their bad play has nothing to do with Sandy.

+2 That's exactly it. This team could have easily lost the previous 2 games. Pitt did 4 things that Washington and Dallas didn't do:

1. Played acceptable defense
2. Ran the ball. Again. And again.
3. Converted on 3rd down.
4. Here's the big one.........Didn't shoot themselves in the foot with numerous penalties and turnovers.

There was no reason in the world why the Dallas game came down to finger tips out of bounds. And a last minute catch and run by Cruz and another Washington turnover sealed that win. Pittsburgh was a better opponent than what the Giants saw all year. And they aren't exactly the 90's Cowboys. The G-Men better get it together. I really don't want to see another second half collapse. Defending champs or not, this trend has got to stop.

VTGFAN
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
I've noticed a trend in the past few years that once we get up we sit on that score. That puts a LOT of pressure on the defense. I'm not going to comment on this weeks game because we deserved to loose that game...special teams was the worst I've ever seen. Hard to come back from that. I think that the offense has to play 4 qtrs each week....not score in the first half and hope for the best in the 2nd half. Doesn't anyone else find it funny that Eli is known for 4th qtr comebacks?????....why is it we're always having to comeback? LOL!!!!!!!! Put the damn game away and let your defense do its job.