PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear any crap

Pages : 1 [2]

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
lol and Eli hasn't done those things???
Giants were in the playoffs 15 months before he was drafted. they won the NFC championship 41-0, 4 years before he was drafted.
You go 14 years with no playoff appearance and get back to me.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah him coming out of the wood-works to bash our QB when he is going through a stretch of bad games is funny?? When the whole team sucks right now.

Yeah, that comment was funny.

Regarding the bigger issue, I think he's made himself more than clear in subsequent posts on this thread. He was PO'd after the game and it was clear in the first post. I'm pretty sure that's allowed around here, it's not like the current play of the QB and the offense is defensible right now. Yeah, coaching special teams (yesterday) and the defense are responsible too but the offensive numbers are truly pathetic and his over-arching point of "an average offense performance (not great, not above average...just average) likely wins the game yesterday" is fairly unarguable.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Giants were in the playoffs 15 months before he was drafted. they won the NFC championship 41-0, 4 years before he was drafted.
You go 14 years with no playoff appearance and get back to me.Sorry not that old but I do remember Simms and he was great but to say Eli hasn't overcame adversity and won the respect of his teammates and other players around the league is just comical. Please continue your making me laugh.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Sorry not that old but I do remember Simms and he was great but to say Eli hasn't overcame adversity and won the respect of his teammates and other players around the league is just comical. Please continue your making me laugh.
I'm looking back at my posts to see where I said that.
I'll get back to you.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, that comment was funny.

Regarding the bigger issue, I think he's made himself more than clear in subsequent posts on this thread. He was PO'd after the game and it was clear in the first post. I'm pretty sure that's allowed around here, it's not like the current play of the QB and the offense is defensible right now. Yeah, coaching special teams (yesterday) and the defense are responsible too but the offensive numbers are truly pathetic and his over-arching point of "an average offense performance (not great, not above average...just average) likely wins the game yesterday" is fairly unarguable.clap*, clap*, clap* Eli has been terrible he was right.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks man your really living up to your name. I have got to hand it to you.

I'm glad you got that; it's sometimes hard to detect in text.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm looking back at my posts to see where I said that.
I'll get back to you.You didn't but you sure make it seem that way. I haven't heard you say anything like that about Eli. But it's ok we get it ,he has sucked the last 4 games you were right about that. I guess Eli has to overcome adversity again to prove something to you.

BeatYale
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Well it shouldn't be shocking to anyone. Eli is being Eli. Inconsistency is nothing new. The Eli fanatics act as if he's going to progressively keep getting better, but I don't think so. I think his potential flat lined already. Outside of our 2 Super Bowl runs, he falls back into the old pattern of not being able to minimize mistakes on a consistent basis. The yardage has been better these past 1.5 seasons, but we have had a lot of production from our receivers compared to the earlier seasons in his career. The good news is the team is able to win games despite his ongoing issues. I'm not worried about the rest of the season, we'll turn it around at the right time.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
You didn't but you sure make it seem that way. I haven't heard you say anything like that about Eli. But it's ok we get it ,he has sucked the last 4 games you were right about that. I guess Eli has to overcome adversity again to prove something to you.
No...you just twisted and contorted it in your mind to believe what you want. I'd say the problem is with you.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
No...you just twisted and contorted it in your mind to believe what you want. I'd say the problem is with you.Yep I'm the one twisting things MS....keep going. LOL.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
clap*, clap*, clap* Eli has been terrible he was right.

See...that wasn't hard was it?

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Yep I'm the one twisting things MS....keep going. LOL.
You're very hateful to Good "Ol Morehead.
Would a cyber hug help?

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
You're very hateful to Good "Ol Morehead.
Would a cyber hug help?

I heard you and Harroni do a lot of cybering.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I heard you and Harroni do a lot of cybering.
Um.............OK.

BuffyBlueII
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I love Phil Simms. He's my all time sports hero. You know he was the Giants QB? Right?I went 14 years before we had a playoff appearance. My first playoff game was at age 22.Phil was the face and persona of my beloved team. Overcame adversity, was highly respected by players, both team mates and players around the league, and helped make a chronic loser into a great team.Yes...I do love Phil Simms. If you are making that a bad thing, that's your problem.Eli Manning is my favorite NY Giant ever but I love Phil Simms too even though he did leave at halftime of SuperBowl XXV. No reason we shouldn't love both of them or feel that you think less of one if you love the other more. Just because Eli Manning is better than Phil Simms doesn't take away from my love for Phil. Heck, I love Jeff Hosstetler too.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Eli Manning is my favorite NY Giant ever but I love Phil Simms too even though he did leave at halftime of SuperBowl XXV. No reason we shouldn't love both of them or feel that you think less of one if you love the other more. Just because Eli Manning is better than Phil Simms doesn't take away from my love for Phil. Heck, I love Jeff Hosstetler too.
I agree. Who is doing that? I didn't bring up Phil? Someone suggested that if you love Phil you can't like Eli.

gumby74
11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
No doubt Eli and our offense has been playing like crap. But I do have the confidence in Eli to bounce back. I can't say I'm terribly concerned as he's always been inconsistent - save for last year. But there's a reason why it takes me a while to buy into the hype so to speak. It's because when crap like this (offense and Eli stinking it up) happens, I'm not exactly caught off guard. Our offense is NOT good nor is Eli. But, we have half the season to pull of our annual patented "limping into the playoffs" impression.

The_ One
11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Everyone here needs to realize that every team will bring their A game, as they are playing the NY Giants "Defending SB Champions", so this team needs to step it up ASAP, in all areas, oh and one more thing, Bradshaw is close to cooked, and why is Brown sitting on the bench, same can be said in regards to our first round pick RB Wilson, who can break a big one any time he gets the ball, and DD is done, please stop hurting the team by trying to be loyal, loyalty only goes so far when it starts to effect the whole team, and I am sure the rest of the players see the same thing we see, they are just not saying it since he is their teammate, but the film does not lie.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 03:14 PM
No doubt Eli and our offense has been playing like crap. But I do have the confidence in Eli to bounce back. I can't say I'm terribly concerned as he's always been inconsistent - save for last year. But there's a reason why it takes me a while to buy into the hype so to speak. It's because when crap like this (offense and Eli stinking it up) happens, I'm not exactly caught off guard. Our offense is NOT good nor is Eli. But, we have half the season to pull of patented "limping into the playoffs" impression.
We're not in the playoffs yet. This thing can slip away fast. But its true that the fact we have already played 4 division games and no one else in the division has played anyone else BUT us, bodes well for us.
Dallas is losing a minimum of 7 games, probably 8 or more, Philly too. 9-7 might get us in. But we would still have to go 3-4 to get there. Tough road ahead.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Everyone here needs to realize that every team will bring their A game, as they are playing the NY Giants "Defending SB Champions", so this team needs to step it up ASAP, in all areas, oh and one more thing, Bradshaw is close to cooked, and why is Brown sitting on the bench, same can be said in regards to our first round pick RB Wilson, who can break a big one any time he gets the ball, and DD is done, please stop hurting the team by trying to be loyal, loyalty only goes so far when it starts to effect the whole team, and I am sure the rest of the players see the same thing we see, they are just not saying it since he is their teammate, but the film does not lie.
Dallas didn't last week. And Washington didn't the week before. 10 total turnovers between the two.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
What alot of people seem to forget is the quality of the Giants receiving corp. There is no burner in the group. No receiver that can run past coverage. Hence if they can't beat the press or fool someone with a move, they're not open. This is why through his career alot of Eli's passes have not been great passes, but rather putting the ball where his receiver can make a play on it. When they do, its great. When they don't, well you get the last few games. You hardly ever see a Giants receiver wide open.

This I have trouble with. We just went from having probably the best WR's in the league to the WR's being the problem.

The only thing I will give you is that Nicks has not been 100%.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 03:23 PM
It's sad that the OP was prbly excited over this loss so he could come on here and throw it in everyone's face that he has been rite about Eli...Sighting a couple bad games and saying that everyone who supports Eli is a homer or whatever term he used...Please go post on the Patriots website, your BS is getting old.

I saw no indication of your claim. Instead, he seemed angry. You see, Morehead is a GIANTS fan unlike others who are Eli Manning fans.

Ruttiger711
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
This I have trouble with. We just went from having probably the best WR's in the league to the WR's being the problem.

The only thing I will give you is that Nicks has not been 100%.

As far as THIS game... Cruz was not Cruz after that hit.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM

The only thing I will give you is that Nicks has not been 100%.So it's not the receivers fault then? I'm seeing a lot of drops, not getting off coverage, wrong routes. Who's fault is this? The Quarterback's?

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
As far as THIS game... Cruz was not Cruz after that hit.

I missed the game, and will watch it tonight. But there you go. A less then 100% Nicks and an injured Cruz are certainly going to hurt our passing game.

But from what I have seen the last couple of games, Eli doesn't seem like himself. And it sounds like nothing changed yesterday.

H&K
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
........anymore about our Hall of Fame QB.
he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
Our offense, led by Eli has been horrific.
Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!! Your font isn't in red BRAH

GameTime
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
So it's not the receivers fault then? I'm seeing a lot of drops, not getting off coverage, wrong routes. Who's fault is this? The Quarterback's?

its a combo...
Eli AND the WRs are off.....the whole passing game is out of synch

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
So it's not the receivers fault then? I'm seeing a lot of drops, not getting off coverage, wrong routes. Who's fault is this? The Quarterback's?

I have to watch the game tonight to be able to comment. But like I said in previous posts, Eli hasn't seemed like himself. However, I have seen signs of "old Eli" going back quite a few games but since we won those games it wasn't worth discussion. We haven't played well offensively now for 3 games, and after this loss things are going to become magnified.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
So it's not the receivers fault then? I'm seeing a lot of drops, not getting off coverage, wrong routes. Who's fault is this? The Quarterback's?watch out, he is MS 's boyfriend and will defend his stance to the end.....they are both delusional to think their are Eli cultist when multiple people on here have agreed Eli has played like crap. It is just the source where it is coming from, MS. Hey they both proved their point though Eli is a mediocre qb and if you defend him your a cultist but if say he sucks you are a prophet.

Rusty192
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
watch out, he is MS 's boyfriend and will defend his stance to the end.....they are both delusional to think their are Eli cultist when multiple people on here have agreed Eli has played like crap. It is just the source where it is coming from, MS. Hey they both proved their point though Eli is a mediocre qb and if you defend him your a cultist but if say he sucks you are a prophet.Obviously Eli isn't lighting it up, but at this point in the game we all know how stellar Eli is as Giants fans. We should be looking at the other aspects rather than just say: "Eli is sucking wtf" Many people have just stopped at him. It's wrong to do so and not fair to our franchise QB.

dezzzR
11-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Oh I get it...It's not Eli. Its the mean ol'defenses and our coaches who prevent Eli from achieving his true greatness!
He's supposed to be great. He's supposed to beat good defense with his mere presence. Remember? He's the greatest QB in the NFL!!!!

Keep the excuses coming boys.While I agree Eli needs to play a bit better, we NEED a running game. Its non existent.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Obviously Eli isn't lighting it up, but at this point in the game we all know how stellar Eli is as Giants fans. We should be looking at the other aspects rather than just say: "Eli is sucking wtf" Many people have just stopped at him. It's wrong to do so and not fair to our franchise QB.Oh I agree they all sucked up and down the field last night but you gotta understand he has been waiting for this for about a year and a half now ready to pounce on Eli when he has a bad stretch of games...it's almost as if who the hell cares what Eli has done in the past...which your right it is not right but it is just the way MS and Roosevelt are. No one remembers when Aaron Rodgers at the beginning of the year sucked for like 4 games too and now he's lighting it up again. To me when everyone gets back in rhythm Eli will be Eli and will have a stellar season. We have only played 9 games and some tough defenses and people lose sight of that.

sharick88
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Even the most homerific Eli Manning fan ever has to acknowledge that he has been stinking it up as of late. Cook it however you want to cook it.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh I agree they all sucked up and down the field last night but you gotta understand he has been waiting for this for about a year and a half now ready to pounce on Eli when he has a bad stretch of games...it's almost as if who the hell cares what Eli has done in the past...which your right it is not right but it is just the way MS and Roosevelt are. No one remembers when Aaron Rodgers at the beginning of the year sucked for like 4 games too and now he's lighting it up again. To me when everyone gets back in rhythm Eli will be Eli and will have a stellar season. We have only played 9 games and some tough defenses and people lose sight of that.

I haven't said any such thing to warrant you including me in your post - not that I mind being in the company of my friend Morehead though....

Eli certainly has earned or should have earned the benefit of doubt from all Giants fans, including MS.

I don't think it's time to panic, or to make definitive judgements about anything or anyone on the Giants. But the fact is that Eli has not played well and there is nothing wrong with getting angry and using this venue to get things off your chest. Now as I stated, maybe the injury to Nicks plays into this. But we were without Nicks before and Barden looked like a beast.

Whatever it is, it needs fixing. Unless you are one of those that thinks we're right on track for another run to the Super Bowl.

Drez
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Eli has been slumping, along with the rest of the offense. However, the defense's play has not been clutch. Sure, they make some big plays, but they don't do the little things necessary to win ball games.

Drez
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I haven't said any such thing to warrant you including me in your post - not that I mind being in the company of my friend Morehead though....

Eli certainly has earned or should have earned the benefit of doubt from all Giants fans, including MS.

I don't think it's time to panic, or to make definitive judgements about anything or anyone on the Giants. But the fact is that Eli has not played well and there is nothing wrong with getting angry and using this venue to get things off your chest. Now as I stated, maybe the injury to Nicks plays into this. But we were without Nicks before and Barden looked like a beast.

Whatever it is, it needs fixing. Unless you are one of those that thinks we're right on track for another run to the Super Bowl.
The entire offense is off right now, not just Eli. The receivers are dropping a lot of passes (even the good passes) and things are just generally out of sync. Not too sure what the root cause of it is, but it needs to get rectified post haste.

sharick88
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Eli has been slumping, along with the rest of the offense. However, the defense's play has not been clutch. Sure, they make some big plays, but they don't do the little things necessary to win ball games.

Kind of hard for a defense to do its thing when their offense is going 3 and out in all of their drives in the 4th qtr.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Whatever it is, it needs fixing. Unless you are one of those that thinks we're right on track for another run to the Super Bowl.Well then I got you figured out wrong then but some of the posts MS has been making...it just seems as if he is getting pleasure out of Eli sucking just so he can say I told you so ,when people already know he's been sucking but it also has been everyone offense, defense, ST.....and I'm sorry if I offended you cause it seems as if your looking at this from a fair perspective.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Could someone please name me a QB who hasn't had a slump or a bad game during a season?

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Well then I got you figured out wrong then but some of the posts MS has been making...it just seems as if he is getting pleasure out of Eli sucking just so he can say I told you so ,when people already know he's been sucking but it also has been everyone offense, defense, ST.....and I'm sorry if I offended you cause it seems as if your looking at this from a fair perspective.

Not offended at all. All that know me, know how fair and balanced I am. ;-]

"Eli Cultist's", as MS likes refer to them as, are known to put the player before the team which does rub some of us old guys the wrong way. So Morehead's comments were not really aimed at Eli, but rather the Cultists who believe the doctor who delivered Eli gave him the "elite" label at birth.

Drez
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Kind of hard for a defense to do its thing when their offense is going 3 and out in all of their drives in the 4th qtr.
It goes beyond the 4th. The defense has been getting gashed in the running game most of the year. They routinely give up big plays in the passing game. They have issues getting off the field on 3rd downs. The pass rush is inconsistent (though it has gotten better). They miss a ton of tackles (I think TC said he counted 12 missed tackles against the Steelers).

I think it's foolish to say the defense is clutch solely because they force some turnovers.

Drez
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Not offended at all. All that know me, know how fair and balanced I am. ;-]

"Eli Cultist's", as MS likes refer to them as, are known to put the player before the team which does rub some of us old guys the wrong way. So Morehead's comments were not really aimed at Eli, but rather the Cultists who believe the doctor who delivered Eli gave him the "elite" label at birth.
Either way, it's pretty juvenile of MS. Looks like he's turning/ed into a "gloating when things don't go well" poster.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Either way, it's pretty juvenile of MS. Looks like he's turning/ed into a "gloating when things don't go well" poster.
I prefer "Chronically immature".

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
this nonsense is still going...smh.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
this nonsense is still going...smh.
Lets keep it going. We have 2 1/2 hours before the game.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Lets keep it going. We have 2 1/2 hours before the game.can't this is more exhausting then you know what....

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
can't this is more exhausting then you know what....
Try using the other hand.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Try using the other hand.Already tried....wait what the hell are we talking about I'm done.

DragonSoul
11-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Many are willing to sing Eli's praises but not bemoan his failures. A quirk of nature I guessTrue fans will, Eli seemed a bit off. I think there are a few to blame for it, and Eli is one reason. There are many others. Sad state of affairs too see this BS postong on Eli again. I say we get rid of KP, Tuck, OSI, Rolle, Prince, LB core with Kiwi, Baas, Snee, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Bradshaw, and i could think of a few others while we are at it.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
True fans will, Eli seemed a bit off. I think there are a few to blame for it, and Eli is one reason. There are many others. Sad state of affairs too see this BS postong on Eli again. I say we get rid of KP, Tuck, OSI, Rolle, Prince, LB core with Kiwi, Baas, Snee, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Bradshaw, and i could think of a few others while we are at it.
Jeez. The messege boards are for exchanging opinions.
Anyway...no one, including that ****head OP, is blaming Eli for the loss yesterday.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I dont think MH is a gloater, so the Eli Proctologists simply owe him and apology and we can move on.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Anyway...no one, including that ****head OP, is blaming Eli for the loss yesterday.

Hey!

wait....

DragonSoul
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Anyway...no one, including that ****head OP, is blaming Eli for the loss yesterday.Did I say you couldn't state your opinion? Or have I ever said you couldn't. And I am doing the same. I mean whats good for the goose right? Keep stating as you wish.

DragonSoul
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I dont think MH is a gloater, so the Eli Proctologists simply owe him and apology and we can move on.A handful of you always come out on cue. Kinda funny. It is what it is. I knew it wouldn't change. Its fun to read at times. I guess after 9 months you guys need to let it out.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
True fans will, Eli seemed a bit off. I think there are a few to blame for it, and Eli is one reason. There are many others. Sad state of affairs too see this BS postong on Eli again. I say we get rid of KP, Tuck, OSI, Rolle, Prince, LB core with Kiwi, Baas, Snee, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Bradshaw, and i could think of a few others while we are at it.

Did you just suggest we get rid of most of our starters?

DragonSoul
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Did you just suggest we get rid of most of our starters?I suggest they get the same treatment Eli gets. Think its fair. I gave Eli & all of our players the same fair shake. So I suggest all others should do the same. If you want to sit, bench, trade, or let Eli go, feel free to do the same for most if not all on the team.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I saw no indication of your claim. Instead, he seemed angry. You see, Morehead is a GIANTS fan unlike others who are Eli Manning fans.

foolish statement, but I recall you questioning Eli's contract before last season, so it's expected you also ripped on him for a poor preseason game which shows where your coming from, you people never learn, the problem with the OP is he seems to pop up whenever Eli has a bad game and talk about how he called it or whatever, it is lame imo.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I suggest they get the same treatment Eli gets. Think its fair. I gave Eli & all of our players the same fair shake. So I suggest all others should do the same. If you want to sit, bench, trade, or let Eli go, feel free to do the same for most if not all on the team.

Gotcha, and you're absolutely right.

Did you happen to see Victor Cruz's FB page early in the season when he was dropping too many passes? People were merciless.

It just so happens that Eli comes with a following who have always been sensitive to his criticism. This is something I never understood because it started before the guy had proven himself. And at the same time, these people will rip anybody else (and their mother) but Eli is off limits. There's a double standard.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
http://boards.giants.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Roosevelt http://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=568640#post568640)

foolish statement, but I recall you questioning Eli's contract before last season, so it's expected you also ripped on him for a poor preseason game which shows where your coming from, you people never learn, the problem with the OP is he seems to pop up whenever Eli has a bad game and talk about how he called it or whatever, it is lame imo.

2010 and the beginning of 2011 was when I first started questioning Eli and ultimately I did get down on him.

But there is no way in hell Morehead is happy when we lose. I'm not buying that for a second. Although I will agree that he probably gets a great deal of pleasure letting you guys know when you're wrong! There is a difference! :)

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:27 PM
2010 and the beginning of 2011 was when I first started questioning Eli and ultimately I did get down on him.

But there is no way in hell Morehead is happy when we lose. I'm not buying that for a second. Although I will agree that he probably gets a great deal of pleasure letting you guys know when you're wrong! There is a difference! :)
Actually Rosie..not at all.
I was pissed off about the loss. I was pissed at Eli, pissed at our running game, pissed at my entire team, and vented here. There is nothing enjoyable about watching my team play that crappy. And its less fun talking about it after.
Unfortunately, its a necessary process to get it out of my system.

So now we move on to Cincy.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Actually Rosie..not at all.
I was pissed off about the loss. I was pissed at Eli, pissed at our running game, pissed at my entire team, and vented here. There is nothing enjoyable about watching my team play that crappy. And its less fun talking about it after.
Unfortunately, its a necessary process to get it out of my system.

So now we move on to Cincy.

Dang, I was just getting started!

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Dang, I was just getting started!
I have no interest in seeing Eli play poorly, and I have less interested in hitting fellow Giants fans over the head with it. He's the QB of my beloved team.
I just vented folks. Deal with it. Why on earth would any real fan gloat about his team losing? It takes me at least three days to get over a loss.
Some of you guys have real issues. (Not you Rosie, you have no more issues than I do..Hahaha)

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
I have no interest in seeing Eli play poorly, and I have less interested in hitting fellow Giants fans over the head with it. He's the QB of my beloved team.
I just vented folks. Deal with it. Why on earth would any real fan gloat about his team losing? It takes me at least three days to get over a loss.
Some of you guys have real issues. (Not you Rosie, you have no more issues than I do..Hahaha)

lol. Interesting that you take the losses that hard. I used to, but not any more. Every win is a gift.

Man, I sound like Leonardo DeCaprio in Titanic.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
lol. Interesting that you take the losses that hard. I used to, but not any more. Every win is a gift.

Man, I sound like Leonardo DeCaprio in Titanic.
I'm still pissed at that BS pass interferance penalty on Mark Collins in the Rams playoff game.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I live in Bills territory. I would feel guilty about complaining about the Giants or Eli given what I'm surrounded by.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I live in Bills territory. I would feel guilty about complaining about the Giants or Eli given what I'm surrounded by.

Snow?

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Snow?

Yes, it snowed most of the day today.

Drez
11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Amazingly enough, after about 5 minutes here last night, I just closed the page. I just knew no good would come of it, lol. I didn't even come back until later this afternoon because I was still so heated over the loss. I must admit, I did not look at when this thread was started when I first replied.

However, your post did come off (at least to me) as more gloating about Eli playing poorly than just venting about an ugly loss. But, that's neither here not there.

That being said, how good can our team be if we play one of our ****tiest games of the season against one of the better teams in the league and only lose by 4. I think that's what pisses me off about this team so much. We can be a supremely dominant team on both sides of the ball, but seldom play that way.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Amazingly enough, after about 5 minutes here last night, I just closed the page. I just knew no good would come of it, lol. I didn't even come back until later this afternoon because I was still so heated over the loss. I must admit, I did not look at when this thread was started when I first replied.

However, your post did come off (at least to me) as more gloating about Eli playing poorly than just venting about an ugly loss. But, that's neither here not there.

That being said, how good can our team be if we play one of our ****tiest games of the season against one of the better teams in the league and only lose by 4. I think that's what pisses me off about this team so much. We can be a supremely dominant team on both sides of the ball, but seldom play that way.
because we got the turnovers and the D scored on one. Also there were two PI penalties and a late hit in the endzone., which handed us our only offensive TD. Everything went our way and we still lost. We had 182 yards in offense at home. This is the third game in a row where we were outplayed. The Steelers didn't hand it to us like Washington and Dallas did.

Drez
11-06-2012, 12:50 AM
because we got the turnovers and the D scored on one. Also there were two PI penalties and a late hit in the endzone., which handed us our only offensive TD. Everything went our way and we still lost. We had 182 yards in offense at home. This is the third game in a row where we were outplayed. The Steelers didn't hand it to us like Washington and Dallas did.
The defense is a lot like the offense. It's a big play defense. If it isn't making a big play, it's getting shat on.

The PI calls were legit... The endzone one was iffy. Definitely not a shot to the head, but a claim could be made for defenseless receiver.

joemorrisforprez
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM

I think this could be a another "wake up call" for this team.

Fact is, the Giants went on a 4 game roll, even though the offense was sluggish.

I think those wins masked some issues, and now that the team lost, there should be a greater emphasis on fixing some things that were overdue.

I'm hoping that Gilbride and Fewell both shake things up.

And again, this weekend, the Giants dodged a bullet.....the other NFC East teams lost, and they all lost withing the conference....so from a tiebreaker standpoint, they fared worse than the Giants.

Drez
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
I think this could be a another "wake up call" for this team.

Fact is, the Giants went on a 4 game roll, even though the offense was sluggish.

I think those wins masked some issues, and now that the team lost, there should be a greater emphasis on fixing some things that were overdue.

I'm hoping that Gilbride and Fewell both shake things up.

And again, this weekend, the Giants dodged a bullet.....the other NFC East teams lost, and they all lost withing the conference....so from a tiebreaker standpoint, they fared worse than the Giants.
I was kind of thinking the same thing along the lines of the wake up call.

As far as offensive and defensive play calling, it can be hard to fault it when the execution is so poor. When the guys aren't winning the one on ones, it's hard to truly evaluate what the OC and Dc are doing. We had 12 (or more) broken tackles on defense. Eli played poorly on offense and wasn't helped any by a few drops and incorrectly run routes.

Even with the defense, despite making quite a few big plays, they don't seem to make many of the routine plays needed.

Pretty much, the team just seems a little out of sync. I have hopes that they can correct it. Like I said, we played a very ****ty game against one of the league's best and only lost by 4. We can be in good shape if we clean up our shortcomings.

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Gotcha, and you're absolutely right.

Did you happen to see Victor Cruz's FB page early in the season when he was dropping too many passes? People were merciless.

It just so happens that Eli comes with a following who have always been sensitive to his criticism. This is something I never understood because it started before the guy had proven himself. And at the same time, these people will rip anybody else (and their mother) but Eli is off limits. There's a double standard.I have been fairly even when it came to all our players. And that was way before Eli was even here. I remember people knocking Tiki before he got his fumbling issues handled (maybe thats why harroni has a hard on for Eli, as to get back to all those tiki haters (and at that point I agreed with him)). We have had so many players I gave benefit of the doubt to. Wheatley, Dayne. I felt both of them could have been better in a straight one cut running scheme not how we used them. But I had enough of Dayne because he couldnt fit here but I never hated him as many did. Same went for so many other players it was ridiculous. I can use so many examples. I did not like tynes and had my right to, but I didnt make weekly posts on him, nor whenever he had a bad game to prove a point, as I wanted him to do well and I understand certain things were out of his control. But I was willing to give him another year after our SB win in 08. And he has gotten better every year pretty much, and I was able to say I was wrong about him. I remember him kicking in Pitt game and he went for the 51yd and I wasnt mad he missed it, but I was impressed with his attempt, and when he went for it for a 50yd I wasnt pissed about it, and I had faith in him unlike years past and he made it by a wide margin. D2 I have always been a huge fan of an supported him when ppl didnt. I thought last year he should be moved but maybe if a new move to either back to his natural position or RT he would be better and go back to form. Yet it was obvious last year it wasn't the case, and this year as well, so I dont want him as a starter.

I have been fair to most, but to break it down, both sides are arses whether some are really that way, or are just trolling to get reactions. I generally dont even entertain these posts anymore for 2-3 years. I will kill Eli when he needs it and use to back in the day. But the haters didnt give him a chance from the start. And never let up. And to me I could care less I learned to stop wasting time on them. Guy could get the Lombardi trophy named after him and still be playing and ppl would still hate on him. While you want to say the eli homers love Eli and jump down others throats I have seen a few, but I have seen as many if not more do it as eli haters or as some try to play it off realists (obviously there maybe a couple no doubt as I believe I am, but not many)...

I know MH likes to poke as does Harroni, and even yourself. But do I know how they truly feel? Not really, but Harroni generally makes his usual Eli rank like he did with Alex vs Eli based on Warner (found that comical, but ignored it). So you get what you guys give. If you guys keep knocking Eli when he does have a bad game, well everytime he has a good one, guess what will happen? The homers need too rah rah. Instead ppl need to grow the freak up, and be happy we have a good team, that needs some work and have won 2 SB besides what the team went through. I mean how did rodgers, brees, manning, brady, and the other guys look this year? I have seen some stinkers from them. Yet dont hear the dumbasses calling for any of their heads. But leave it to the giant faithful to do so to try to make some stupid point that one side is more childish then the other. Come on guys, you aint kids anymore. Enjoy the ride before you realize how good we had/have it.

Continue your dances.

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM

Man, I sound like Leonardo DeCaprio in Titanic.I learned long ago not to take them personally. Once I see the guys making millions and celebrating/partying after a so called heart breaking loss, I learn to detach from it. Thanks to the Knicks, and Giants.... I mean Gronk got killed for it last year...

So I look at it this way. If they dont care enough to do what they need to do to win, and then they laugh about the loss then screw it I wont invest my heart and energy into a loss as if the players themselves dont care and get paid millions why should I be worse off than them and get paid nothing?

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:47 AM
The defense is a lot like the offense. It's a big play defense. If it isn't making a big play, it's getting shat on.

The PI calls were legit... The endzone one was iffy. Definitely not a shot to the head, but a claim could be made for defenseless receiver.Actually it could be argued for or against, but my argument would have been hitting a wr not in the play, or didnt get the ball, or late hit.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 06:02 AM
........anymore about our Hall of Fame QB.
he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
Our offense, led by Eli has been horrific.
Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!

A little testy are we???? Let's not blame the revolving door on the right side of the line Double D, the center who gets pushed on his butt or the receivers that are not in the county that the throw is going to. No I agree it's all Eli's fault. It is the entire offense that needs to get better!

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 08:46 AM
A little testy are we???? Let's not blame the revolving door on the right side of the line Double D, the center who gets pushed on his butt or the receivers that are not in the county that the throw is going to. No I agree it's all Eli's fault. It is the entire offense that needs to get better!
I just reread this post for the first time since I wrote. And while it was written in an angry state.
I take back nothing.

GCGiant
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I predicted a loss this week...only because I know what it is like to go through a hurricane. I am not making an excuse for Eli...I am making an excuse for the whole team.

SLUNK(three)AM
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Actually I have been proven wrong. I thought our QB had gotten past the poor play that crept into his game pre 2011. Quite honestly, It doesn't bother me that much. He is what he is. He's my QB after all. He's the QB of the team I've been living and breathing since 1967. I'm fine with Eli as my QB.
But you all have to realize that he's not "magical". He's just a hard working, good football player that needs a lot of talent around him, and has been inconsistent for his entire career here. All that is fine with me. We obviously can do great things with him. But he's not playing well at all. He needs to step it up.
So no excuses. He's not being held back by bad play calling, bad WR's, bad running game, bad O line or whatever we want to blame. He's simply playing lousy right now.

I think this is something I can understand better. He might be the one playing lousily. Could also be a number of other things. Whatever it is, OFFENSE NEEDS TO GET IT GOING. One thing good though, we DO know that it is possible for our O to get it going with Eli at the helm. For this, I am grateful.

Hallelujah Football Gods - please let us SMITE our foes by granting our leader and QB Eli Manning the ARM of ZEUS, capable of striking our WRs in their chests with lightning worthy of armageddon!!!!!!!

Roosevelt
11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I learned long ago not to take them personally. Once I see the guys making millions and celebrating/partying after a so called heart breaking loss, I learn to detach from it. Thanks to the Knicks, and Giants.... I mean Gronk got killed for it last year...

So I look at it this way. If they dont care enough to do what they need to do to win, and then they laugh about the loss then screw it I wont invest my heart and energy into a loss as if the players themselves dont care and get paid millions why should I be worse off than them and get paid nothing?

Right on bro. I still remember Ralph Brown smiling it up with the other team after a devastating loss years ago, and then of course there was Michael Strahan, who was his jovial self doing a live TV spot after a playoff loss.

No way in hell I'm going to be down while these guys are smiling all the way to the bank after a loss.

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Right on bro. I still remember Ralph Brown smiling it up with the other team after a devastating loss years ago, and then of course there was Michael Strahan, who was his jovial self doing a live TV spot after a playoff loss.

No way in hell I'm going to be down while these guys are smiling all the way to the bank after a loss.
Ralph Brown after the Houston game 2002. I was FURIOUS!!!!!!!
Wanted Ralph Brown run out of town on a friggin rail!!!!

Sarcasman
11-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, it snowed most of the day today.

Sonuva nutcracker, I'm really good at this.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM
it either bothers you or it doesn't.
and if a Giants' loss does not have a negative affect on you ,
then you are not a Giants fan ....you are just a football fan.

GameTime
11-06-2012, 10:32 AM
then you are not a Giants fan ....you are just a football fan.

true...I hate losing. Kills me for a day or two...

But the loss is not as "bad" as they way they have been playing the last few weeks. This game/loss was inevitable with their recent performances....

All 52 players and coaches need to pull collectively pull theie heads out of their asses and start playing consistent top quality football. I think the have the talent to do that. They just need "something" to get it together. Unfortunately I dont know what that is.....

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM

No way in hell I'm going to be down while these guys are smiling all the way to the bank after a loss.Exactly. I use be annoyed/pissed at times for days or till the next game would be played. But once I saw these guys not care I learn to let go as if they dont care why should I? Doesn't make sense to then. Many still do not realize it or can figure out how to separate it.

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Ralph Brown after the Houston game 2002. I was FURIOUS!!!!!!!
Wanted Ralph Brown run out of town on a friggin rail!!!!Wow this could be a first, that we all happen to agree on something lol

DragonSoul
11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
then you are not a Giants fan ....you are just a football fan.Bothers? Sure it does, was annoyed/pissed that evening/night, but learned to move on usually w/in 24 hours. I just dont take it as personal or internalize it much. I learned it from the Knicks and a combo w/the players laughing after a horrible loss.

bigblue58
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=bigblue58;569957]

What a bunch of baloney!
Rodgers had some bad games but righted the ship while Eli had the ship going right and has played subpar...so we just ignore the fact that Rodgers HAS in fact played badly just because he righted the ship??? WTF kind of bass ackwards logic is that?
It doesn't prove that Eli isn't in Rodgers' class, it proves just the opposite....that ALL QB's in the NFL, even the elite ones, have ups and downs!
Eli had been money into week 5, and he's hit a rough patch that, excuse me, also involves receivers not getting open and some stupid decisions by Coughlin and Gilbride that cost us a game where we were already in winning FG range!!!
How many of Eli's accuracy "problems" were actually receivers not getting separation or outright being in the wrong place on routes, we'll never know, because Eli will never tell us or throw his teamates under the bus, and continue as he always has, to take ALL the blame whether it was his fault or not!!!!!!!
The time has long since passed to claim that Eli doesn't "have it"!
Don't forget, we should have 2 more W's in the win column........The Egirl game we had the winning FG in the bag and HELLO>>>>>as bad as Eli played against Pittsburgh....... the D did have the lead in the 4th QTR and BLEW IT!!!!!!!!!!

stormblue
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Bothers? Sure it does, was annoyed/pissed that evening/night, but learned to move on usually w/in 24 hours. I just dont take it as personal or internalize it much. I learned it from the Knicks and a combo w/the players laughing after a horrible loss.

LOL.....that's all i'm saying , just because you have become good at controlling it
doesn't mean you don't feel it.
now i don't "break stuff" , but there's an indescribable anguish for awhile.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
true...I hate losing. Kills me for a day or two...

But the loss is not as "bad" as they way they have been playing the last few weeks. This game/loss was inevitable with their recent performances....

All 52 players and coaches need to pull collectively pull theie heads out of their asses and start playing consistent top quality football. I think the have the talent to do that. They just need "something" to get it together. Unfortunately I dont know what that is.....

ha-ha ....you and me and numerous others have been suggesting "somethings" for quite a few weeks .
but i guess the coaching staff is under no obligation to consider our wisdom. .....sigh.