PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear any crap

Pages : [1] 2

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
........anymore about our Hall of Fame QB.
he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
Our offense, led by Eli has been horrific.
Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I RESPECTFULLY disagree MHS.

please give credit where it is due.

the Skins, Boys and Steelers defenses brought their A games. period.

we are predictable and rely on come from behind victories AND our D plays soft as kittens on Pass plays...

rainierjef
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Glutton for punishment. I will slightly agree with you, he has been off the past couple of games, but it has some factors to that. running game is horrid, protection today horrid. It really hasn't been that good all year, these wide receiver are not getting separation, dropped balls, Cruz plays a little scared of contact at times; Nicks is playing injured, Bennett not running good routes or getting separation himself with one man covers. Lets not forget the play calling is setting him up for failure. So yes Eli needs to step up his game but i think the blame does not fall squarely on him, they are all equal opportunist in the nonsense that we have been seeing for the past couple games. Starting with the head coach and the decision to start DD based on merit.

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 08:54 PM
66 is toast

RoanokeFan
he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4DIKQFiE2zEoVQ1KT9driznTRcc7xr mNO_V3nGlOekBo9mCcx

Morehead State

we are predictable and rely on come from behind victories AND our D plays soft as kittens on Pass plays...
Oh I get it...It's not Eli. Its the mean ol'defenses and our coaches who prevent Eli from achieving his true greatness!
He's supposed to be great. He's supposed to beat good defense with his mere presence. Remember? He's the greatest QB in the NFL!!!!

Keep the excuses coming boys.

sharick88
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Eli doesn't get benefit of the doubt from me this time. We crown him when we win and deserves to get ripped a new one when we lose. His redzone play this season has been beyond horrible. I'm an Eli guy, but he needs to get his **** together

sharick88
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
66 is toast

Eli should be handling his business despite David Diehl. He's been dealing with his inept play for years now.

Toadofsteel
Let's go grab simms from the commentator's booth and start him instead

RoanokeFan
Eli doesn't get benefit of the doubt from me this time. We crown him when we win and deserves to get ripped a new one when we lose. His redzone play this season has been beyond horrible. I'm an Eli guy, but he needs to get his **** together

Many are willing to sing Eli's praises but not bemoan his failures. A quirk of nature I guess

giantsforce

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!Right on. Aaron Rodgers has a couple bad games but he got it together and he has been on fire. Eli, really has not done much other than a couple of big plays that gave us some wins. Other than that, he has sucked this year major time. He is inaccurate and making bad choices

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm somewhat disagree, but not fully.
The entire team PLUS coaching is at fault. Especially the coaching.
Eli has only 1 touchdown to 5 interceptions...that's HORRIBLE.

I blame everyone however.

giantsforce
Let's go grab simms from the commentator's booth and start him insteadI'd bet you he will perform just as good as Eli!

Snappinnecks

Completely agree. He SHOULD be ripped! He was horrible tonight!

11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Eli did not give up 14 points in the last quarter. Just saying.

Toadofsteel
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd bet you he will perform just as good as Eli!

I said that because the OP is the biggest simms homer in the world... Simms was good, but nothing spectacular.

That said, Eli is nothing to write home about the past couple weeks either...

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
our Defense is schizo too fellas, let's be fair.

we lived and tonight we died because of the victory from behind BS

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Our defense scored the same amount of TD's that our offense did.

sharick88
Many are willing to sing Eli's praises but not bemoan his failures. A quirk of nature I guess

Eli lovers and loathers see things only the way they want to see them. They're like a guy who is with their first girlfriend. She could be cheating on him all of the time and the guy refuses to believe it even though the truth is in the front of his face. I think you get the point I am trying to make.

Die-Hard

Nailed it, RF

JayMas9
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Eli Manning is not playing well right now at all. Way too much talent on the offensive side of the ball (Eli included) to be performing like this. We live and die by big plays, and we aren't hitting them consistently, so the offense lacks rhythm right now.. We need to focus on developing the intermediate passing game to develop a rhythm on O.

joemorrisforprez
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Eli Manning is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

People just need to be patient with him.

Ruttiger711

He's played bad - can you apply that same scrutinizing analysis of the D?

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Eli lovers and loathers see things only the way they want to see them. They're like a guy who is with their first girlfriend. She could be cheating on him all of the time and the guy refuses to believe it even though the truth is in the front of his face. I think you get the point I am trying to make.

I think we should close the boards down after a loss to allow for mourning, but then we'd probably have to do it after ugly wins as well. Hurry up Wednesday

tonyt830
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!Eli has looked subpar to avg at best the passed few games Morehead. But Eli has carried the Giants plenty. I think the lack of a run game hurts. Bradshaw is done as a quality starter, and Diehl flat out sucks as a starter. The coaching staff needs to do a better job of making adjustments as well. So as you can see, there is plenty of blame to go around.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
our Defense is schizo too fellas, let's be fair.

we lived and tonight we died because of the victory from behind BSYou can't be serious did you look at the TOP...I mean they were on the field the whole game basically cause Eli and this offense didn't do anything.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
He's played bad - can you apply that same scrutinizing analysis of the D?
How many three and outs did we have in the second half? Do you expect our defense to hold them with no help from the offense?
Our defense scored a TD. Our defense picked a ball off in their territory and we did our usual on offense.....Nothing!

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Eli Manning is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

People just need to be patient with him.

I know this is a cliche, but what has he done for us lately? I'm not a hater, he;s won two Super Bowls, but if anyone think he's played like THAT QB over several recent games, please invite me to watch on your TV because mine has been lying to me.

The reality is it's one game after a four game winning streak. And while there has been a history of second half collapses, I prefer to wait for game 17 to decide if it materialized.

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 09:07 PM
You can't be serious did you look at the TOP...I mean they were on the field the whole game basically cause Eli and this offense didn't do anything.

I am serious. facts are facts and YES Eli has regressed the last 3 or 4 games, but he can't be blamed for everything.

he didn't surrender a 10pt lead, the Defense did that. They play soft at the damnedest times...this is a TEAM loss.

and the coaches deserve some ***-chewing too

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I am serious. facts are facts and YES Eli has regressed the last 3 or 4 games, but he can't be blamed for everything.

he didn't surrender a 10pt lead, the Defense did that. They play soft at the damnedest times...this is a TEAM loss.

It's never one player's fault. But today, the defense played well enough to win if we had mounted an offense

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Its not even Eli I'm pissed off at. He's doing his best. Its all those dopes who were saying that he was the best QB in the league. I actually started to buy into that bull****.
He wasn't as good as Ben today. Ben moved his team in clutch time and Eli went 3 and out after 3 and out.

Pick up your friggin game Eli. The Eagles and Cowboys aren't going to lay down forever. We can't count on our opponents continuing to suck. We saw today what happens when we play a team that is actually competent and well coached.

TheBookOfEli
I agree. I love Eli as much as the next guy but he flat out sucks right now. I have no idea what's wrong with him.

egyptian420
While Eli has had a stretch of poor performances, I don't think this is the biggest problem with the team going forward.

If that o-line doesn't hold, Eli will look like this for the rest of the season.

G-Men Surg.
Yea bro but he put the D in very bad spots all night long with lots of 3 & outs and short drives not to mention that horrible pick. I will support Eli always but at this point in time he has to work hard to right the ship. They have to recognize and accept the problems at hand and fix them. Plin nd simple.

Giantterp
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Eli's not playing well and needs to get better-FACT
Eli's one of the best QB's in the league-FACT

This argument is ridiculous.

I still want to see the no huddle offense! I don't understand why we don't see it more when the offense is struggling.

sharick88
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Let's be real about it. Right now (and I mean right now), Eli Manning is playing like trash. He has been brutally inaccurate and if he keeps this up, he is going to get one of our receivers killed. His redzone play has been hard to watch all season long. One great thing about Eli is that he knows this, he has and will always be accountable, and will play better.

GiantWarfare
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Its not even Eli I'm pissed off at. He's doing his best. Its all those dopes who were saying that he was the best QB in the league. I actually started to buy into that bull****.
He wasn't as good as Ben today. Ben moved his team in clutch time and Eli went 3 and out after 3 and out.

Pick up your friggin game Eli. The Eagles and Cowboys aren't going to lay down forever. We can't count on our opponents continuing to suck. We saw today what happens when we play a team that is actually competent and well coached.

http://lolmma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/frank-mir-headphones.gif

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM

I'm disappointed in you,. I went to great lengths to post a turd in this thread and not even an honorable mention. :p

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM

I'm not blaming one player for this loss. Therefore, I'm not blaming Eli for this loss. But Eli DID suck and has for 5 weeks. The rest of the team compensated for our poor offensive performance.
And I don't blame our coaches at all. We are well coached. Its on the players. But mostly its on the offense.
I thought the defense got worn down for sure. But a gazillion 3 and outs will do that.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm disappointed in you,. I went to great lengths to post a turd in this thread and not even an honorable mention. :p
That was actually gross. There was a figurative nature to my comment.

Ruttiger711
How many three and outs did we have in the second half? Do you expect our defense to hold them with no help from the offense?
Our defense scored a TD. Our defense picked a ball off in their territory and we did our usual on offense.....Nothing!

Thank you - you've perfectly summed up their ENTIRE highlight reel for the night. Out of every 100 plays this D looks Awful on 90 of them. We have a highlight reel defense. We don't have a GOOD defense.

Eli's been playing pretty bad along with the rest if the offense. No denying that.

BUT there are no "Eli cultists" without "Defense cultists". Let go of the 80's man the Big Blue Wrecking Crew is a distant memory and you aren't doing them a disservice by once, just once saying the defense plays bad.

GiantWarfare

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing009.gif

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM

and the coaches deserve some ***-chewing tooI never said it was just his fault there is plenty of blame and Eli deserves some too...and I love Eli.

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I hear you MHS, and I agree that maybe this Team is believing the hype...I'm not bitter about this game because I for one don't like gambling on the dramatic 4th Quarter win...I rather a 1980s style ***-kicking.

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
That was actually gross. There was a figurative nature to my comment.

Yes, but for those of us who are visually inclined.......

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank you - you've perfectly summed up their ENTIRE highlight reel for the night. Out of every 100 plays this D looks Awful on 90 of them. We have a highlight reel defense. We don't have a GOOD defense.

Eli's been playing pretty bad along with the rest if the offense. No denying that.

BUT there are no "Eli cultists" without "Defense cultists". Let go of the 80's man the Big Blue Wrecking Crew is a distant memory and you aren't doing them a disservice by once, just once saying the defense plays bad.
No one thinks we have a great defense. We do have a defense that makes plays, and creates turnovers. They made plays today. But the highlight reel for the offense was essentially two PI penalties.

Down-lifer
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Bottom line, Eli has played awful for 15 quarters now and he needs to step up his game if the Giants expect to win.

RoanokeFan
11-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Bottom line, Eli has played awful for 15 quarters now and he needs to step up his game if the Giants expect to win.

I'm pretty sure he makes more than 15 quarters per game

FBomb
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM

slightly agree but I sure as **** don't lay it all at HIS feet, He's been playing poorly and so has everyone else. Our defense has been opportunistic with turnovers but disappear late in games. Disappear.

There's tons of blame to go around, but to lay it all on Eli cause you have a chip on your shoulder with posters on this board is asinine.

I'll chock it up to venting.

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I know this is a cliche, but what has he done for us lately? I'm not a hater, he;s won two Super Bowls, but if anyone think he's played like THAT QB over several recent games, please invite me to watch on your TV because mine has been lying to me.

The reality is it's one game after a four game winning streak. And while there has been a history of second half collapses, I prefer to wait for game 17 to decide if it materialized.

I've seen what he can do. If not for him, the Giants would be 3-6 right now.

I think part of the issue is a gameplan that calls for a 40+ yard pass attempt on 3rd and short.....maybe they can rethink that approach.

Also, maybe we can give our 1st round draft pick a chance, instead a guy who can't practice. Between him and Diehl, Eli almost got killed today.

giantyankee1976
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
dude's not good in pass protection... (Wilson)

I'm for a 50/50 or 40/60 split of Bradshaw/ Brown though

and Locklear should start over DD, but I'm no pro-coach and I can accept that

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure he makes more than 15 quarters per game
he should have given it back today.
These guys came into our ball park (and had to fly in this morning) and handed us our heads.
We've been outplayed now for 3 straight weeks. The stupidity of our opponents saved us last week and the week before.
We better pick up our act on offense. And in a big way.

And lets face facts people. Eli is good but he's flawed. He's not Brady, Rodgers or Peyton. Thats not an insult. But I don't want to here how great he is when he plays this badly.
Although I'm sure I will.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I've seen what he can do. If not for him, the Giants would be 3-6 right now.

I think part of the issue is a gameplan that calls for a 40+ yard pass attempt on 3rd and short.....maybe they can rethink that approach.

Also, maybe we can give our 1st round draft pick a chance, instead a guy who can't practice. Between him and Diehl, Eli almost got killed today.
Are you serious?
Almost got killed? What game were you watching?

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Go MHS! Fight the power baby!

But yeah, Eli has played like a bottom 5 QB these last few weeks. I have faith he will get back on track here soon enough.

I'll take 5
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Eli has not played well lately, but Eli is a great quarterback. I've never said he's the best, but I've got absolutely no problems riding with him in any game against any team in any stadium. The Giants have to run the ball better, get DDiehl outta there, a few more intermediate routes wouldn't hurt either. The defense has to do a better job, was it good enough to win? probably, but its a team, sometimes one side of the ball has to pick up the other, the offense has done it enough times. Special teams today?! forgetaboutit!

JPP=BEASTMODE
Yeah he needs to get his head out of his ***. I'm really getting tired of all his come from behind victories lol.

RoanokeFan
he should have given it back today.
These guys came into our ball park (and had to fly in this morning) and handed us our heads.
We've been outplayed now for 3 straight weeks. The stupidity of our opponents saved us last week and the week before.
We better pick up our act on offense. And in a big way.

And lets face facts people. Eli is good but he's flawed. He's not Brady, Rodgers or Peyton. Thats not an insult. But I don't want to here how great he is when he plays this badly.
Although I'm sure I will.

True enough. If we learn from some mistakes, we will play better. I'm just not ready to throw in the proverbial towel. I'm not suggesting you are, but the cliff dwellers are inching ever closer.

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I do agree though he has played like **** lately

giantsforce
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
True enough. If we learn from some mistakes, we will play better. I'm just not ready to throw in the proverbial towel. I'm not suggesting you are, but the cliff dwellers are inching ever closer.The problem is the coaching staff does not learn from their mistakes. They keep making thse same ones over and over. Until they learn form their mistakes, nothing will improve. Run, run, throw deep, punt is not a game plan.

Delicreep
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
No one thinks we have a great defense. We do have a defense that makes plays, and creates turnovers. They made plays today. But the highlight reel for the offense was essentially two PI penalties.

I am going to put this in a way that everyone will instantly understand:

Watching the Offense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with an aluminum baseball bat.
Watching the Defense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with a wooden baseball bat.

Now...if I had to pick, I would rather be hit with a wooden baseball bat, but I'm not getting a date with the prom queen either way.

yes...that drunk.

P_Simms_#11
11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
If the Cowboys lose that might cheer us all up a little.

tcseacliff

Granted, they did not look lik they were on the same page, but, these are not high school teams on the other side of the ball. these are the same highly motivated to win NFL teams like us, who want to do to us what we want to do to them. we got the skills ,they just did theirs better today. we' ll be back!!

BigBlue1971
we all know what Eli can do in the clutch and i wouldnt want any other qb doing it for us!

i agree he hasnt played well recently but i just take it for granted the offense will eventually come together!

he is the leader but the offense as a whole looks stagnant! i dont know if it all has to do with him.

the running game is absent; other than Cruz the receivers dont appear motivated and Bennett had an abrupt tailoff!

more than Eli i blame TC and Gillbride for not having the team ready to play! noone on the team is blameless!

Morehead State
The problem is the coaching staff does not learn from their mistakes. They keep making thse same ones over and over. Until they learn form their mistakes, nothing will improve. Run, run, throw deep, punt is not a game plan.
Keep the excuses coming folks!

GiantWarfare
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Watching the Offense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with steel rebar
Watching the Defense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with a wooden baseball bat.

Now...if I had to pick, I would rather be hit with a wooden baseball bat, but I'm not getting a date with the prom queen either way.

yes...that drunk.

fixed

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
we all know what Eli can do in the clutch and i wouldnt want any other qb doing it for us!

i agree he hasnt played well recently but i just take it for granted the offense will eventually come together!

he is the leader but the offense as a whole looks stagnant! i dont know if it all has to do with him.

the running game is absent; other than Cruz the receivers dont appear motivated and Bennett had an abrupt tailoff!

more than Eli i blame TC and Gillbride for not having the team ready to play! noone on the team is blameless!
It most certainly doesn't "all have to do" with Eli. But he's the QB and he's playing like crap and has now for 5 weeks.
If his poor play continues for 5 more weeks we will be 6-8 in a friggin hurry.

tonyt830
11-04-2012, 09:36 PM
dude's not good in pass protection... (Wilson)

I'm for a 50/50 or 40/60 split of Bradshaw/ Brown though

and Locklear should start over DD, but I'm no pro-coach and I can accept thatI'm with you on the 50/50 or 60/40 Bradshaw and Brown split at RB. And a big hell yeah that Locklear should start at RT. I always heard if it aint broke, don't fix it. Maybe Coughlin is just being too loyal?

Hopefully Wilson can improve on the pass blocking, because he wasnt drafted in the 1st rd to ride the pine or return kicks only.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Watching the Offense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with an aluminum baseball bat.

yes...that drunk.

The defense got worn down by all the 3 and outs from the offense.
How many TD's did the defense score? How many did the offense score?

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Oh I get it...It's not Eli. Its the mean ol'defenses and our coaches who prevent Eli from achieving his true greatness!
He's supposed to be great. He's supposed to beat good defense with his mere presence. Remember? He's the greatest QB in the NFL!!!!

Keep the excuses coming boys.

This works on both sides.

Some people are Eli apologists, some are defense apologists.

Both are fools.

younggiant
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Keep the excuses coming folks!
When coaches don't put your players in position to win games with good playcalling then you can blame the coaches as well. Right now this team is playing poorly and the coaches are coaching poor as well. The whole team is playing like **** right now. Eli is at fault, but so is this whole team. Blame can be divided amongst the whole team.

giantsforce
Keep the excuses coming folks!Not an excuse. It is a fact. This fish stinks from the head down.

Morehead State
This works on both sides.

Some people are Eli apologists, some are defense apologists.

Both are fools.
defense apologists? What the hell is that. No one thinks we have a great defense.
But our defense was good enough to win today with an average offensive performance.

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
And lets face facts people. Eli is good but he's flawed. He's not Brady, Rodgers or Peyton. Thats not an insult. But I don't want to here how great he is when he plays this badly.Although I'm sure I will.[/QUOTE]

1. Eli
2. Rodgers
3. Peyton
4. Brees
5. Brady
Woops I forgot RGIII the great is #1

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Not an excuse. It is a fact. This fish stinks from the head down.
I'm sorry.....the execution is what sucked.

Delicreep
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM

...you saying the D was great, or are you saying they sucked less epically than the O?

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
defense apologists? What the hell is that. No one thinks we have a great defense.
But our defense was good enough to win today with an average offensive performance.

Getting run over by a 3rd string RB is never "good enough".

GiantWarfare
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM

I agree. Our defense aint the 85 Bears. Hell, its not the 2012 Steelers or Niners. But it is the #1 defense in terms of takeaways and they played well enough today for our team to win if only our offense and ST had a pulse. The loss is on the offense. No offensive TDs...really? And the D even scored a TD for us. Eli throws one TD and we win that game.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM

The defense was worn down 12 plays into the game while the Steeler O line manhandled them and the immortal Ike Redman averaged over 6 yards a carry?

Let's keep those excuses comin' folks!

I'm not excusing the offense, Eli or special teams...they played like crap today and the offense and Eli have been crappy for weeks. That said, similarly, I'm not excusing the defense and I'm not pretending they're '85 Bears. The Steelers offense was better than the Giants offense and the Steelers defense was better than the Giants defense.

End.

BigBlue1971
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
It most certainly doesn't "all have to do" with Eli. But he's the QB and he's playing like crap and has now for 5 weeks.
If his poor play continues for 5 more weeks we will be 6-8 in a friggin hurry.

i dont expect this trend will continue!

but it does show that as a qb when your winning you are glorified and when you lose you take the heat!

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM

Watching the Defense today (and the last few games) was like getting hit in the face with a wooden baseball bat.l

yes...that drunk.

Not far off from reality - but you have to add you have people running up to you after telling you THANK GOD you were hit a wooden bat!!!

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 09:45 PM

True.

I'll take 5
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Getting run over by a 3rd string RB is never "good enough".All of a sudden Isaac Redman is running through the Giants like he's Jim Brown??! C'mon man, Defense has to tackle better

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
The defense got worn down by all the 3 and outs from the offense.How many TD's did the defense score? How many did the offense score?I couldn't have said it any better.

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
he has flat sucked for 5 games now.

Browns and 9ers game he sucked?

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
...you saying the D was great, or are you saying they sucked less epically than the O?
Our defense was most certainly NOT great. But the did play good enough for us to win with an average offensive performance.

Gmen2005
11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
As a massive Eli fan, I totally agree. He's been just awful. There is plenty of blame to go around but it starts through him.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
As a massive Eli fan, I totally agree. He's been just awful. There is plenty of blame to go around but it starts through him.
I can't believe I let all those Cultists effect me.
From here on out I'm calling them as I see them when it comes to Eli. When he plays well I'll say so. When he sucks (like today) I'm saying that as well.
There is plenty of time to consisder what "Eli is" when he retires.
Until then, no more drinking the friggin kool-aid!

And all the dopes can call me whatever they want.

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Crap. You just heard it.

Out of Exile
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
And Eli carried the D last year. So what.

Eli will snap out of it. Not worried.

bearbryant
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
People, the NY Giants have been LUCKY to be 6-3 because not only has the offense su**** but the defense can't tackle, cover or shed blockers. This team suc** right now. The QB is horrible, the coordinators aren't even working, they do nothing. If this team didn't have luck and JPP we'd be in the cellar.

Gmen2005
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
From here on out I'm calling them as I see them when it comes to Eli. When he plays well I'll say so. When he sucks (like today) I'm saying that as well.

Agreed. He needs to step up, I don't know what is going on with him but he's paid like one of the best in the league and he's playing like Mark Sanchez. No more excuses from me about him, he needs to play better

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Eli had opportunities to win this game for us and he didn't.

Ben had opportunities to win this game for his team and he did,

Time to move on to the next game.

speedman
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I can't believe I let all those Cultists effect me.From here on out I'm calling them as I see them when it comes to Eli. When he plays well I'll say so. When he sucks (like today) I'm saying that as well.There is plenty of time to consisder what "Eli is" when he retires.Until then, no more drinking the friggin kool-aid!And all the dopes can call me whatever they want.You have nerve calling people dopes. You have been an Eli basher since I started reading these boards. Eli is playing badly, but when you say the defense played well enough to win you're wrong. They gave up 24 points and couldn't tackle Pitts third string back. Take the blinders off. The whole team was lousy today. How many times did Pitt punt?

FBomb
11-04-2012, 10:39 PM

I shake my head in disbelief.....we lost another good one to the dark side. RIP Morehead.

Let this be a lesson, young ones. Don't let the board get to you.

xRick52x
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM

One of the biggest cry babies on the Giants' fourms. Zip it buddy, we go through this non-sense every season and from the looks of it, we really have NOTHING to complain about. You have your rights, and now I'm exercising mine....grow up and stop acting like a kid

Harooni
11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
we told them over and over that we cant win like this forever. guess what our offense is exposed. take away cruz deep and force eli to over throw the others. Gilbrides offense is fully nude at the moment. there is plenty of tape now to figure out the formula.

im glad we lost now TC is forced to make some of those offensive play changes.

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
we told them over and over that we cant win like this forever. guess what our offense is exposed. take away cruz deep and force eli to over throw the others. Gilbrides offense is fully nude at the moment. there is plenty of tape now to figure out the formula.

im glad we lost now TC is forced to make some of those offensive play changes.+1

xRick52x
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Let me say something else to you wonderful folks out there. The argument with the Eli crap goes both ways. If Eli has an excellent game, many of y'all will say that we played well as a team, right? So when we lose the game, we go right to Eli and say how bad he is and that it was all his fault, right? What a bunch of crap. Clearly, many of you guys have never played the game before...

xRick52x
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM

agreed

Rusty192
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Let me say something else to you wonderful folks out there. The argument with the Eli crap goes both ways. If Eli has an excellent game, many of y'all will say that we played well as a team, right? So when we lose the game, we go right to Eli and say how bad he is and that it was all his fault, right? What a bunch of crap. Clearly, many of you guys have never played the game before...You should post more.

FBomb
11-04-2012, 10:51 PM

I won't say "I'm glad" we lost, but I do hope it's a "learning loss".

Rusty192
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
take away cruz deep and FORCE ELI TO OVERTHROW THE OTHERs. .Nice dig.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I won't say "I'm glad" we lost, but I do hope it's a "learning loss".If this isn't I don't know what is...TC has to reel KG in alittle bit these 30-40 yard throw are ridiculous there is just no rhytm. No short passes to get Eli going it's just let's chuck it and pray and this has to stop..

Giantsin04
11-04-2012, 10:58 PM

Again with this sht?? I thought you were gonna stop with these ridiculous post??

You are the one obsessed with Eli. After 25000 posts, we all get it. You don't like him. Got it.

Stop with the excuse about people raging on about how Eli is the best QB who ever played. There are about ten of those on the entire planet and they all post here. You are fighting a fake battle. You wait for him to **** up and you pounce - just admit it. You dont have to hide behind some fake battle youre having with Eli homers to justify that you're not a fan.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
You have nerve calling people dopes. You have been an Eli basher since I started reading these boards. Eli is playing badly, but when you say the defense played well enough to win you're wrong. They gave up 24 points and couldn't tackle Pitts third string back. Take the blinders off. The whole team was lousy today. How many times did Pitt punt?
You must be confusing me with someone else. I didn't get on Eli until after the 2010 season. I had epic battles with Izbo and Plaxico25, defending Eli.
So keep making **** up son.

I was truly unhappy with his failure to protect the ball in 2010, and I had the audacity to actual say it here. Where I was greeted with the scorn of the Eli Cultists. (and I say Cultists because we are ALL Eli homers since he's our QB).
So keep on living with your head in the sand. He's a good player but he is playing like **** right now. Its been going on for weeks.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
You must be confusing me with someone else. I didn't get on Eli until after the 2010 season. I had epic battles with Izbo and Plaxico25, defending Eli.
So keep making **** up son.

I was truly unhappy with his failure to protect the ball in 2010, and I had the audacity to actual say it here. Where I was greeted with the scorn of the Eli Cultists. (and I say Cultists because we are ALL Eli homers since he's our QB).
So keep on living with your head in the sand. He's a good player but he is playing like **** right now. Its been going on for weeks.Dude he sucked we get it really.....

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Again with this sht?? I thought you were gonna stop with these ridiculous post??

You are the one obsessed with Eli. After 25000 posts, we all get it. You don't like him. Got it.

Stop with the excuse about people raging on about how Eli is the best QB who ever played. There are about ten of those on the entire planet and they all post here. You are fighting a fake battle. You wait for him to **** up and you pounce - just admit it. You dont have to hide behind some fake battle youre having with Eli homers to justify that you're not a fan.
I like Eli just fine. I do because I understand what he's good at and what he's not.
Its those posters who have such desperate need to spin every play, every game, every reality to somehow fit in this quasi-universe where Eli is Joe Montana, that drive me nuts.
Today we saw evidence that our QB is not only capable of great plays, great comebacks and great clutch play, but is also capable of horrific play, mind numbing decision making and rookie mistakes.
He's not as inconsistent as he was, but he is still inconsistent.
Frankly....He looked like a rookie today and it hurt our team badly.

Harooni
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I won't say "I'm glad" we lost, but I do hope it's a "learning loss". yeah im not happy we lost of course, but i just feel a bit relieved that now Mustache man and boy wonder can step it up now. it seemed they were riding along as long as we won they didnt think anything was that wrong. which was silly because one inch shorter pinky and we would have lost with 6 takeaways.

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Dude he sucked we get it really.....
I'm OK that he sucked today. He's capable of that. He's a human being doing his best. What I'm not OK with is the rationalizations we will here over the next several days. Just as we have in the past.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm OK that he sucked today. He's capable of that. He's a human being doing his best. What I'm not OK with is the rationalizations we will here over the next several days. Just as we have in the past.yeah but when you keep it going like this it just comes off as if you just flat out want him to fail...personally I'm sick of this and he needs to get it together for the team sake.

FBomb
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm OK that he sucked today. He's capable of that. He's a human being doing his best. What I'm not OK with is the rationalizations we will here over the next several days. Just as we have in the past.

Dude...why do you let it bother you? That's what I don't get. It's like all the high school drama nonsense that my daughters complain about....My answer is ALWAYS .."Why do you care so much about what people say or think? It's not like it matters"

Harooni
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
when Eli is not feeling it you see it in his body language. seems he needs to be called out, eh thrives when trailing in a game and in 2 min drills. he likes that rush . so coaches need to get him up before a game.

LT_Hits
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM

And I disagree with you.

Eli has been very weak in the last 3 games. He has not been accurate at all. Remember the should be touch down pass to Cruz in the Washington game that was thrown behind Cruz on the slant route. Or how about a Defense that continues to give the offense the ball who goes 3 and out consistently. And is kicking way to many Fgs in the green zone, not good. This offense and Eli especially needs to wake up and if your a true Giants fan, you should be able to see that something is up with a offense that passes way to much on 1st down and short yardage. Not saying that the running game is dominant, but how can they get a rhythm when Eli is passing with in completes on 1st down, and then trying a run play on 2nd and distance, to follow up with another incomplete pass, then punt or FG. How about the close of the Philly game; you know darn well we should of run the ball setting up the FG, instead Eli is throwing a bomb to an inexperienced Barden for the offensive PI for the difference in yardage taking away from a basic FG attempt. Play calling and Eli sleeping at QB is driving the offense in a negative way causing the DEFENSE to stay on the field after they have made a turn over or forced a 3 and out. To be fair about today's game, and though the defense did force some turnovers and 3 and outs they played likes punks when it came to tackling the runners today. Still should have won the game if Eli shows up and quit believing his hype about being a comeback QB and make some game progress early. You can see he was waiting to comeback instead of attacking and putting defenses on their heels. Now here we go again @ 6-2, now 6-3, and as usual could be 6-4 next week. Same old garbage year after year. GO GIANTS!

alentown pa
11-04-2012, 11:15 PM

yes these last five games have proved everything you have ever said negative about Eli, good work...wtf,lol

gmenfan0488
11-04-2012, 11:18 PM
draft colin klein, lose the rest of our games, Eli won us two super bowls, but his time is clearly passed.

Giantsin04
11-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I like Eli just fine. I do because I understand what he's good at and what he's not.
Its those posters who have such desperate need to spin every play, every game, every reality to somehow fit in this quasi-universe where Eli is Joe Montana, that drive me nuts.
Today we saw evidence that our QB is not only capable of great plays, great comebacks and great clutch play, but is also capable of horrific play, mind numbing decision making and rookie mistakes.
He's not as inconsistent as he was, but he is still inconsistent.
Frankly....He looked like a rookie today and it hurt our team badly.

You trying counteract the very, very, very , very FEW people in the world that try to spin all of Eli's mistakes into Joe Montana come back drives comes off pretty pathetic. Especially for an adult. Sorry, just my opinion.

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
draft colin klein, lose the rest of our games, Eli won us two super bowls, but his time is clearly passed.

"Suck for Klein" just doesn't have that ring to it.

mike kennedy
11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Here is the real issue besides Eli sucking the past few weeks.

WHY THE H*ll DO WE HAVE TO PLAY SO CONSERVATIVELY BY GOING WITH GILBRIDES DUMB A** TYPICAL AND REPETITIVE PLAY CALLING? 1ST AND DEEP FROM THE OTHER END OF THE FIELD TO BE FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER 2 YARD PASS PLAY AND THEN A RUNNING PLAY FOR 2.5 ON 3RD AND 6?
It's Gilbrides fault for having the Giants face a come from behind 4th quarter every week!!!!

FBomb
11-04-2012, 11:25 PM

I can't tell if you're kidding, a troll or just really dim.

LT_Hits
11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
If this isn't I don't know what is...TC has to reel KG in alittle bit these 30-40 yard throw are ridiculous there is just no rhytm. No short passes to get Eli going it's just let's chuck it and pray and this has to stop..

Well said!

those 30-40 yard throw ups for luck has got to stop or better yet they are being stopped by foes. There needs to be a game plan and a reason for doing a play; it seems that Eli and KG are just running plays for the hell of it as of late. It could be 3-2 and Eli is going deep 10/20+ yards with incomplete as the result. Makes no sense at all and when you watch Big Ben on important 3rd downs take cheap plays to pick up a critical first down. And lastly, Eli has got to stop throwing balls up for grabs that result in INT's.

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I can't tell if you're a troll or just really dim.

Why can't he be both?

I took out the "might be kidding" because he has started about 10 threads on the same subject.

Mod_C
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
One of the biggest cry babies on the Giants' fourms. Zip it buddy, we go through this non-sense every season and from the looks of it, we really have NOTHING to complain about. You have your rights, and now I'm exercising mine....grow up and stop acting like a kid

You can agree or disagree with posts, or ignore them completely. Stop attacking other members. Everyone has a right to their opinions

PRGiant
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
You mean in the last 5 games where the Giants are 4-1??

Morehead State
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I shake my head in disbelief.....we lost another good one to the dark side. RIP Morehead.

Let this be a lesson, young ones. Don't let the board get to you.
Point well taken.
I may be on life support, but I'm not gone yet.

gmenfan0488
11-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Diehl's our starter, Locklear won't see the field again this year.,

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 12:32 AM
You mean in the last 5 games where the Giants are 4-1??
You are completely missing the point.
We can't keep playing like this and continue to get away with it. We were lucky enough to play two teams in the past few weeks that made a ton of unforced errors and had several wasted opportunities.
We knew Pittsburgh isn't that kind of team. they are too solid for us to play as poorly as we have and beat them.
There are several of those teams in our schedule going forward.
And Eli HAS been playing poorly in the past several weeks and needs to step it up in a big way.

NYGabriel
11-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Eli has been awful the last few games. He finished the Steelers game with three '3 and outs'. People are worrying about him in the red zone but in reality he can't even make a 1st down at the moment. Eli and the offense really need to step it up a gear. Good job Dallas lost. Hopefully Eagles lose tomorrow as well.

Toadofsteel
11-05-2012, 12:55 AM
People, the NY Giants have been LUCKY to be 6-3 because not only has the offense su**** but the defense can't tackle, cover or shed blockers. This team suc** right now. The QB is horrible, the coordinators aren't even working, they do nothing. If this team didn't have luck and JPP we'd be in the cellar.

Luck plays for the colts though...

HAMMERHEDD
11-05-2012, 01:53 AM
So, did he lead time consuming drives that resulted in points or at least poor field position for the Steelers in order to keep the D off the field? Maybe he (they) went 3 & out deep in their own end a couple of times giving the Steelers great field position, so that the tired D who could barely rest because the O sucked balls finally cracked and the Giants lost. Which is it?

BurnerNYG
11-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Luck plays for the colts though...Not to get off subject but that kid threw for 433 yards today. I told y'all he was gonna be a good one. RG3 seems to have hit that rookie wall... either that or his receivers dropped a ton of passes again.

GiantGremlin
11-05-2012, 02:34 AM

Schedule isn't that brutal, and no one else in the div is going to finish above .500 again - the key is beating Cinci next week before the bye, and then beating the Skins on Dec 3, which should set them up nicely for the final stretch...9-7 will get them the div no problem

bashful
11-05-2012, 02:42 AM

Same old story same old song. The real problem and has been for years is KG he cannot coach when things get tough he calls plays without thinking, puts us in third and long, and most of all does not let Eli get into a rhythm. Eli played like crap but the play calling the last few weeks has sucked. KG is an idiot has been and always will be.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 02:43 AM
So, did he lead time consuming drives that resulted in points or at least poor field position for the Steelers in order to keep the D off the field? Maybe he (they) went 3 & out deep in their own end a couple of times giving the Steelers great field position, so that the tired D who could barely rest because the O sucked balls finally cracked and the Giants lost. Which is it?

He's been our go to guy when everything else fails, and when I say everything else fails, I mean that our running game is non existent...and when I say running game not being existent, I mean Bradshaw like playing the ****s.

stormblue
11-05-2012, 03:27 AM
that was the worst play-calling i have seen in a long , long time.
we have basically 2 plays now ;
the 2 yard dive or the 40 yard penalty flag.

giantyankee1976
11-05-2012, 07:20 AM
And I disagree with you.

Eli has been very weak in the last 3 games. He has not been accurate at all. ...

Still should have won the game if Eli shows up and quit believing his hype about being a comeback QB and make some game progress early. You can see he was waiting to comeback instead of attacking and putting defenses on their heels...

Same old garbage year after year. GO GIANTS!

good points and fairly written, however I have already said Eli played like ****, my deal is that the Offense as a whole is out of sync, DD is at his end and Gilbride at times, calls for long-ranged gambles or telegraphed run-plays...

as to our D, dinks-n-dunks, and drag routes have been a sore issue with them for a while...there I look at Perry Sheridan Lewis for his scheming.

the Special Teams today was disgusting.

How many weeks have we seen this Team settle for 3 pts instead of doing what was needed to get the 6+1 ?

Where is the killer instinct to bury a team and keep them buried? Where's the RUN GAME ???

I think just about everyone here are real fans, and the thing is, we're all pissed off to some degree. I also think this Team has got to figure out a way to ignore the Media praise and just line up and go to work.

Depending on a close game and a 4thQ win is kind of silly week after week...and I guess playing a full 60 results in sub-par play for weeks afterward? I agree with you about Eli's timid play and "hoping" for a "catch" by the way.

My only consolation is that the Skins lost and the boys lost...hopefully the Saints can find a way.

Kendo15
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Eli, in common with the O, is not playing well.

Whisper it, but there's guys in the HoF who SOMETIMES didn't play well.

We'll be OK, assuming the Saints knock off the Egals tonight we're 3 or 4 wins from winning the Div.

The O needs to step up, though. We've kinda gotten one dimensional, and when teams nullify our deep threat we struggle.

I dunno what the deal is with Bradshaw, maybe he's hurt or just playing bad, maybe it's the line.

Brown needs game time and SURELY TC will trust Wilson again soon?

We're going through a bad time, but we're still 6-3 and we're still the team that owned SF, who people are still happily tipping to go deep.

The days of us in 86, Chicago in 85, the SF and Dallas dynasties dominating from start to finish are long gone.
Nowadays it's about winning enough to get in, then getting hot in January.

We absolutely know how to do that.

Let's grind it out at Cinci, re-group in the bye and get ready to go all in down the stretch.

SLUNK(three)AM
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
What is up with Morehead State lurking in the shadows all the time when Eli is doing well - then all of a sudden when a string of bad games comes along its "OH ELI THIS AND THAT". The entire team is sucking. Its football. It happens. We're the Giants, not the Patriots or Packers. We never DOMINATE entirely. Are you just happy that you feel that you are being proven to be "right all along"?

Pathetic, if you ask me.

I'll admit this though, Eli and the offense has been on sputter mode. SOmehow they manage to put up 20+ points consistently. Lets just be happy that our team is good enough to be putting up that kind of point total even when in complete disarray.

Tbonenc
11-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Yes, Eli looked bad as did the entire offense. Killdrive continues to be predictable. BUT, AS BAD AS WE PLAYED, WE LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE OF SPECIAL TEAMS!!

abjr
11-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Does he take any blame for three 3 and outs in the 4th quarter? What do you expect when the defense is on the field the whole game? The special teams and offense play put the defense in a ****ty spot the entire game.

giantyankee1976
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Does he take any blame for three 3 and outs in the 4th quarter? What do you expect when the defense is on the field the whole game? The special teams and offense play put the defense in a ****ty spot the entire game.

again, I am not blind, Eli played like **** and has for the last 3 games that I can recollect. Back foot throwing, lame duck passes, wobbly spirals, dirt shots you name it.
My point is that he isn't the only one to blame.

Did our receivers establish separation soon enough , did they run correct routes (RR)? Are they 100% (Nicks) Do we utilize the TE fully?

Where's the running game? Any running game? Does AB need the majority of snaps because he's better at pass protection than Brown or Wilson?

Why does Gilbride like the deep ball so much and the draw?

Yes the D is out there a whole lot due to so many damned 3 and outs, but the D also got called for offsides, over pursues, plays too deep on pass coverage and gives up critical 3rd down stops...

and yesterday, Special Teams were abysmal. Opting to kick a loooong FG instead of coughlin-corner punting was a head scratcher for me...

Letting their punt returner scorch them for long returns was unbelievable.

etc, etc, etc

Diamondring
11-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Same old story same old song. The real problem and has been for years is KG he cannot coach when things get tough he calls plays without thinking, puts us in third and long, and most of all does not let Eli get into a rhythm. Eli played like crap but the play calling the last few weeks has sucked. KG is an idiot has been and always will be.KG does design good plays but some of the plays he don't call. He is still good my man.

bigblue58
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Dude...for you to say that the D has been "bailing out" the Offense with "clutch" play is ridiculous! The Giants have had to rely on the "comeback" because the D has been giving up leads, points and a boatload of yardage, and if Eli doesn't deserve a pass or the benefit of the doubt (which he DOESN'T, by the way) then stop giving it to the D!
The team as a whole has been awful, so to single out Eli is just as shortsighted as those people who make excuses for him.

RoanokeFan
11-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Dude...for you to say that the D has been "bailing out" the Offense with "clutch" play is ridiculous! The Giants have had to rely on the "comeback" because the D has been giving up leads, points and a boatload of yardage, and if Eli doesn't deserve a pass or the benefit of the doubt (which he DOESN'T, by the way) then stop giving it to the D!
The team as a whole has been awful, so to single out Eli is just as shortsighted as those people who make excuses for him.

You need good play from at least two of the game's three aspects. Yesterday, only the defense did their part. Losing and winning never comes down to "a player." The offense was terrible, special teams was beyond terrible in yielding field position. The defense wasn't stellar, but they played well enough for us to win the game had the offense responded.

jakegibbs
11-05-2012, 08:53 AM

How many times did you hear the anouncers proclaim "there is no one open yesterday" I don't think you've ever played one down of football Mr. Moorhead. If you can't see what's gone on the last three games you haven't a clue of what has to happen before the passing game starts clicking again. The WR's have to play more physical & beat the grab & hold on press coverages or expect the same results. Why they don't start putting a WR in motion to get off the line of scrimage easier is beyond comprehension. Don't worry they will eventually figure this out & it will only make this WR corp better. Opponents already know zone coverage get's them beat. Eventually they will come up with ways to beat press. Bunch recievers, start reciever in motion etc.... Don't worry he'll be in the HOF one day believe it or not.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 08:55 AM

First of all Morehead.....he IS a future HOFr QB. He AND the offense are having a rough time. No doubt.
Name me one HOFr QB who didnt struggle at times...
Please...GTF off your high horse and look at reality.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 08:56 AM
What is up with Morehead State lurking in the shadows all the time when Eli is doing well - then all of a sudden when a string of bad games comes along its "OH ELI THIS AND THAT". The entire team is sucking. Its football. It happens. We're the Giants, not the Patriots or Packers. We never DOMINATE entirely. Are you just happy that you feel that you are being proven to be "right all along"?

Pathetic, if you ask me.

I'll admit this though, Eli and the offense has been on sputter mode. SOmehow they manage to put up 20+ points consistently. Lets just be happy that our team is good enough to be putting up that kind of point total even when in complete disarray.
Actually I have been proven wrong. I thought our QB had gotten past the poor play that crept into his game pre 2011. Quite honestly, It doesn't bother me that much. He is what he is. He's my QB after all. He's the QB of the team I've been living and breathing since 1967. I'm fine with Eli as my QB.
But you all have to realize that he's not "magical". He's just a hard working, good football player that needs a lot of talent around him, and has been inconsistent for his entire career here. All that is fine with me. We obviously can do great things with him. But he's not playing well at all. He needs to step it up.
So no excuses. He's not being held back by bad play calling, bad WR's, bad running game, bad O line or whatever we want to blame. He's simply playing lousy right now.

BuffyBlueII
11-05-2012, 08:56 AM

I am one of the biggest Eli Manning supporters on these boards and I have to agree with you. For the past 4-5 games now, Eli has flat out sucked. Sure there have been drops by WRs and bad offensive line play but Eli Manning is our QB and our leader. It falls on his shoulders to turn his game around if we want to have a shot of repeating. Our defense has been playing well enough and given us plenty of opportunities to put games away and we havenít.
Granted, they gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter yesterday but we canít expect any more when our offense continually goes three and out.

The good point is that although Eli has been playing poorly, we are 6-3 and control our own destiny. Eli Manning needs to turn it around noiw and start playing like the QB that he is we want any chance of making the postseason. I am confident that he will turn it around.

I bELIeve

Diamondring
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Can't just blame Eli. Others are doing nothing.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
First of all Morehead.....he IS a future HOFr QB. He AND the offense are having a rough time. No doubt.
Name me one HOFr QB who didnt struggle at times...
Please...GTF off your high horse and look at reality.
I'm not comparing him to anyone. I don't care about this individual achievement stuff. If you do, that's fine. Some of you guys care about "is he a future Hall of Famer?...Is he better than Tom Brady"? Who the hell cares? I care about the football team. And as the leader of the team, he is playing poorly. I'm sure he'll snap out of it. But the excuses for his play are ridiculous. I'm sure he's not making them.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm not comparing him to anyone. I don't care about this individual achievement stuff. If you do, that's fine. Some of you guys care about "is he a future Hall of Famer?...Is he better than Tom Brady"? Who the hell cares? I care about the football team. And as the leader of the team, he is playing poorly. I'm sure he'll snap out of it. But the excuses for his play are ridiculous. I'm sure he's not making them.

If you only showed the same level of scrutiny for the defense as you do for Eli, I'd take you more reasonably.

Yeah, it's not like the D isn't playing like ****; allowing on average 398 yards, there's definitely nothing wrong with that...

Diamondring
11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm not comparing him to anyone. I don't care about this individual achievement stuff. If you do, that's fine. Some of you guys care about "is he a future Hall of Famer?...Is he better than Tom Brady"? Who the hell cares? I care about the football team. And as the leader of the team, he is playing poorly. I'm sure he'll snap out of it. But the excuses for his play are ridiculous. I'm sure he's not making them.Eli is trying his best to play but how can he when the other players are doing nothing? The whole offense needs to play better.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I am one of the biggest Eli Manning supporters on these boards and I have to agree with you. For the past 4-5 games now, Eli has flat out sucked. Sure there have been drops by WRs and bad offensive line play but Eli Manning is our QB and our leader. It falls on his shoulders to turn his game around if we want to have a shot of repeating. Our defense has been playing well enough and given us plenty of opportunities to put games away and we havenít.
Granted, they gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter yesterday but we canít expect any more when our offense continually goes three and out.

The good point is that although Eli has been playing poorly, we are 6-3 and control our own destiny. Eli Manning needs to turn it around noiw and start playing like the QB that he is we want any chance of making the postseason. I am confident that he will turn it around.

I bELIeve
There is no doubt that I get too upset with some posters who put Eli in the Joe Montana catagory. That's my shortcoming. My good friends on this MB like Fbomb and Harooni keep asking me why I care about that stuff. I guess I just do. Add it to my many character flaws.
I guess I'm an old school guy who doesn't understand that to some it seems that the success of Eli is more important than the success of the team.
And my frustration comes out here. Who am I going to complain to about it?...My wife?. So I do it here.

Diamondring
11-05-2012, 09:06 AM
There is no doubt that I get too upset with some posters who put Eli in the Joe Montana catagory. That's my shortcoming. My good friends on this MB like Fbomb and Harooni keep asking me why I care about that stuff. I guess I just do. Add it to my many character flaws.
I guess I'm an old school guy who doesn't understand that to some it seems that the success of Eli is more important than the success of the team.
And my frustration comes out here. Who am I going to complain to about it?...My wife?. So I do it here.Eli's system is no walk in the park fella.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
If you only showed the same level of scrutiny for the defense as you do for Eli, I'd take you more reasonably.

Yeah, it's not like the D isn't playing like ****; allowing on average 398 yards, there's definitely nothing wrong with that...
The defense collapsed in the 4th quarter. But they had played well until then. 10 points given up and scored a TD themselves. The offense was horrific all day. The only highlights were two PI penalties.
No I'm not killing them because all those 3 and outs and long kick returns take their toll. But they certainly didn't get it done at all.

jakegibbs
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
And my frustration comes out here. Who am I going to complain to about it?...My wife?. So I do it here.

Look at this press coverage problem as a blessing in disguise. Once this is solved knowing zone can't stop our offense niether once they've come up with a viable plan to get recievers open in press there will be no stopping this team come playoff time. It's best to look like crap with a 2 game lead in div than to look like crap in a one & done playoff game right? Figure out the press coverage & the rest will be history. Bunch recievers run x routes within the 5 yards that will not let the DB get a chance to grab & hold on during the route. Put the slot in motion every play etc.... Get creative KG solve this problem against the Bengals.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Look at this press coverage problem as a blessing in disguise. Once this is solved knowing zone can't stop our offense niether once they've come up with a viable plan to get recievers open in press there will be no stopping this team come playoff time. It's best to look like crap with a 2 game lead in div than to look like crap in a one & done playoff game right? Figure out the press coverage & the rest will be history. Bunch recievers run x routes within the 5 yards that will not let the DB get a chance to grab & hold on during the route. Put the slot in motion every play etc.... Get creative KG solve this problem against the Bengals.
Players got to play better. I just don't buy the coaching as an excuse.
Our team is well coached. Its about execution.

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Part of it is the running game. They keep leaving Eli with 3rd and longs which isn't always easy to come up with. Yesterday alot of the game was run-run-pass. I mean, come on!

jakegibbs
11-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Players got to play better. I just don't buy the coaching as an excuse.
Our team is well coached. Its about execution.

Hard to execute when being held the entire route & it all starts on LOS. Got to break that trend & the rest will fall in line.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
The defense collapsed in the 4th quarter. But they had played well until then. 10 points given up and scored a TD themselves. The offense was horrific all day. The only highlights were two PI penalties.
No I'm not killing them because all those 3 and outs and long kick returns take their toll. But they certainly didn't get it done at all.

Offense =/= Eli

Had you come out and laid the blame up and down on everyone, I probably wouldn't comment. But no, you zero in on Eli.

Tell me, are you satisfied with our rushing game only netting 68 yards? Did you see our receivers create any separation from our defenders? How'd you like the inclusion of Turnstile Diehl?

And..maybe, maybe Eli is playing bad/mediocre. But what the **** about our D? Including yesterdays game, that's 382 yards they allow on average.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Part of it is the running game. They keep leaving Eli with 3rd and longs which isn't always easy to come up with. Yesterday alot of the game was run-run-pass. I mean, come on!
Again...players gotta execute. Most of Pittsburgh's offense was run, run, pass as well.
Ben made the plays in the end.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Again...players gotta execute. Most of Pittsburgh's offense was run, run, pass as well.

What, you forget Redman? Turning losses into gains.

147 yards from him alone. Big Ben had support.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Offense =/= Eli

Had you come out and laid the blame up and down on everyone, I probably wouldn't comment. But no, you zero in on Eli.

Tell me, are you satisfied with our rushing game only netting 68 yards? Did you see our receivers create any separation from our defenders? How'd you like the inclusion of Turnstile Diehl?

And..maybe, maybe Eli is playing bad/mediocre. But what the **** about our D? Including yesterdays game, that's 382 yards they allow on average.
I'm not talking about the defense. I'm not blaming any one player for this or any other loss. Including our QB. My comments were aimed at those who say he's Joe Montana. They live with blinders on. Our QB is a very good but flawed player. And that's not o knock on him. He's still a top 5 or 6 QB. But we need to win as a team.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
What, you forget Redman? Turning losses into gains.

147 yards from him alone. Big Ben had support.
Right....its always someone else's fault. Didn't the defense put a TD on the board?

GameTime
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
thats my point bro....
him being seen as a HOFr makes no difference. He needs to get the opffense on track regardless.
So why even bring it up?? Just so you can throw in the face of people who supoprt or even "over" support.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
thats my point bro....
him being seen as a HOFr makes no difference. He needs to get the opffense on track regardless.
So why even bring it up?? Just so you can throw in the face of people who supoprt or even "over" support.
Because I'm bitter.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Right....its always someone else's fault. Didn't the defense put a TD on the board?
the offense blew the game....
the STs coverage sucked. Weatherford and Tynes were good
The D stunk but kept them in the game enough to win it...

GameTime
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Because I'm bitter.
you and everybody else.....

bigblue58
11-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Cmon dude, you know damned well that the reason people care about Eli's success in a disproportionate amount is because he has received a disproportionate amount of scrutiny and blame since coming into the league!
There's a difference between those that criticize his performance and those who seem to ENJOY the opportunity to trash him after a bad performance!
Especially when you make ridiculous statements like "the Defense has bailed him out"and the Defense has been "clutch"....which is ludicrous!
The Defense has been giving up leads, yards and points and has been the main reason why we need "comebacks" in the first place. They have NOT been clutch by any stretch of the imagination. They have been embarrassed by back up QB's and 3rd string RB's.

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm not talking about the defense. I'm not blaming any one player for this or any other loss. Including our QB.

You may want to scrutinize - and I mean really scrutinize - your first post in this thread. If yesterday is considered "clutch play" by our defense, then we're really in for a roller coaster.

My comments were aimed at those who say he's Joe Montana. They live with blinders on.

Can you show me who has in fact equated Eli to Montana?

G-MENBK
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM

They also allowed a 51 yard touchdown reception to Wallace, screwed the pooch on 3rd and 9. And that technically didn't end the game, Redman running for another 1st down is what did them in.

bigblue58
11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
the offense blew the game....
the STs coverage sucked. Weatherford and Tynes were good
The D stunk but kept them in the game enough to win it...

You see..this is what I'm talking about.....! How can you say that the D both "stunk" and "kept them in the game" in the same damned sentence?
The D gave up 14 points and the lead in the 4th qtr dude....they didn't "keep them in the game" they BLEW the game!
Jeez...make some damned sense people!

CDN_G-FAN
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
i really like this OP so i'm gonna chaulk this up to post lost bitterness.

because this 'lie in wait until we're at a low point and then smash my anti-player point home" feel to this thread is stupid.

hopefully the player in question plays better next week and all the leftover fans from the 'need a new qb' era can go back in the closet where they belong.

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Although I'm sure I will.This comment shows your agenda against Eli. You were salivating for this moment but the Giants kept winning. Now that he has finally lost a game you couldn't wait to click on the post thread button.
Every QB you listed is flawed. Rodgers holds onto the ball too long and gets his receivers clobbered all the time. Brady cannot do anything without a clean pocket. Peyton is a perennial choker and underachiever.

No QB is perfect. Get that idea out of your head.

Harooni
11-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Eli is who we thought he was and we let him off the hook!!!! joking

but he is hot and cold and great 2 min drill guy in a good system. but now that system has been exposed. we need to change things up and eli will shine again

EliDaMANning
11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Eli is who we thought he was and we let him off the hook!!!! joking

but he is hot and cold and great 2 min drill guy in a good system. but now that system has been exposed. we need to change things up and eli will shine againGB was exposed earlier in this season but we didn't see mutthead make a thread about him not being elite. Instead, GB adjusted and are starting to get back on track.

This is what TC and Killdrive need to do. Teams have adjusted, now they must adjust as well.

giantscolombia
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

because this 'lie in wait until we're at a low point and then smash my anti-player point home" feel to this thread is stupid.

hopefully the player in question plays better next week and all the leftover fans from the 'need a new qb' era can go back in the closet where they belong.

hahaha oh man! i remember that...

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:06 AM
This comment shows your agenda against Eli. You were salivating for this moment but the Giants kept winning. Now that he has finally lost a game you couldn't wait to click on the post thread button.
Every QB you listed is flawed. Rodgers holds onto the ball too long and gets his receivers clobbered all the time. Brady cannot do anything without a clean pocket. Peyton is a perennial choker and underachiever.

No QB is perfect. Get that idea out of your head.
I have expressed my concern over the past 3 weeks. It didn't just start yesterday. We have been deplorable in the red zone.
When I talk about clutch play on the defense, I'm talking about creating turnovers and giving the ball to the offense in great field position.
And no QB IS perfect. I completely agree. In Eli's case, his "high beta", (big ups and big downs) is concerning to me.
And you guys who want to go after me have no idea what my view of Eli is. I'm very happy to have Eli as the QB of my team. But He's a flawed player and we need to understand that. Its gotta be a team effort. Its not Eli and the Giants. Its just The Giants.
Taking individual players out of the discussion, the defense played good enough to win if we had only an average offensive performance. We didn't get that. And the Pittsburgh defense hasn't been that good. No Troy Palumula.

byron
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM

hopefully the player in question plays better next week and all the leftover fans from the 'need a new qb' era can go back in the closet where they belong. yeah...and credit has to be given to Pitts d and team...these games are not givens that are there for the Giants taking every week...this mentality that as long as the execute they win or is it when they lose they didn't execute ? They need the best from every player every week along with good game plans to stand a chance....this week they didn't have it......this is a team game and that includes everybody coaches and players alike ...they all need to wake up because the game plan and execution sucked this week in fact has sucked for a few weeks .....time for some changes obviously ...

Harooni
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
GB was exposed earlier in this season but we didn't see mutthead make a thread about him not being elite. Instead, GB adjusted and are starting to get back on track.

This is what TC and Killdrive need to do. Teams have adjusted, now they must adjust as well.

exactly, change it up its obvious teams know what we like to do now, and we have to change the game plan now and get back to traditional calls. no wild bombs to open a game and such. Eli will again look great or elite what ever they wish to call it.

byron
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I have expressed my concern over the past 3 weeks. It didn't just start yesterday. We have been deplorable in the red zone.
When I talk about clutch play on the defense, I'm talking about creating turnovers and giving the ball to the offense in great field position.
And no QB IS perfect. I completely agree. In Eli's case, his "high beta", (big ups and big downs) is concerning to me.
And you guys who want to go after me have no idea what my view of Eli is. I'm very happy to have Eli as the QB of my team. But He's a flawed player and we need to understand that. Its gotta be a team effort. Its not Eli and the Giants. Its just The Giants.
Taking individual players out of the discussion, the defense played good enough to win if we had only an average offensive performance. We didn't get that. And the Pittsburgh defense hasn't been that good. No Troy Palumula. get out of here with the flawed player bull..... he's a football player in a team game they all have things they are good and bad at....you win is this league with good team football....

byron
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
exactly, change it up its obvious teams know what we like to do now, and we have to change the game plan now and get back to traditional calls. no wild bombs to open a game and such. Eli will again look great or elite what ever they wish to call it. far to many long shots being taken while it worked for a while its not of late

TheAnalyst
11-05-2012, 10:38 AM

Have you seent he decisions Eli has been making recently? Have you seen his inaccuate passes play after play? I agree with the OP. Eli has been terrible. I can't even defend him anymore against the haters. He is what he is, an above average QB with an uncanny clutch gene.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
You see..this is what I'm talking about.....! How can you say that the D both "stunk" and "kept them in the game" in the same damned sentence?
The D gave up 14 points and the lead in the 4th qtr dude....they didn't "keep them in the game" they BLEW the game!
Jeez...make some damned sense people!
very easy....even oif the O pulled it out in the 4th quarter they still had a ****ty game...

The defesense let up 150 yards rushing....they let up big pass plays on 3rd down. They scored a TD and werent fooled by the fake FG. They also cause 3 turn overs. So they did enough to keep the score close. The offense on the other hand sucked on 3rd downs, sucked on rushing, sucked in redzone. The score TDs instead of FGs, not only this game but the past 4 games, they win this one...

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:53 AM
get out of here with the flawed player bull..... he's a football player in a team game they all have things they are good and bad at....you win is this league with good team football....
Isn't that what I said Byron?

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Have you seent he decisions Eli has been making recently? Have you seen his inaccuate passes play after play? I agree with the OP. Eli has been terrible. I can't even defend him anymore against the haters. He is what he is, an above average QB with an uncanny clutch gene.
Probably the most concise and accurate description of Eli.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
http://boards.giants.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TheAnalyst http://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=568048#post568048)

Probably the most concise and accurate description of Eli.

Eli certainly has regressed that last few games. He looks more like Eli of 2010 instead of 2011. Poor decision making, poor mechanics, poor play period. Something is up with him and I'm not quite sure what's up.

rebelfan1966
11-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Dang Moorehead, take a prozac buddy. I agree, Eli and the entire offense have stunk it up as of late. I don't know for sure what the problem is, but they better tighten it up.....

jakegibbs
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Dang Moorehead, take a prozac buddy. I agree, Eli and the entire offense have stunk it up as of late. I don't know for sure what the problem is, but they better tighten it up.....

Moorehead Read Text Below & Get a Life. As soon as they scheme the press coverage problem the sky's the limit this year.

NFC East Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
New York Giants 6 3 0 .667 254 185 69 25 3-2 3-1 2-2 .500 5-2 .714 1-1 1L 4-1
Philadelphia Eagles 3 4 0 .429 120 155 -35 12 2-2 1-2 1-0 1.000 1-3 .250 2-1 3L 1-4
Dallas Cowboys 3 5 0 .375 150 181 -31 15 1-2 2-3 1-1 .500 3-4 .429 0-1 2L 1-4
Washington Redskins 3 6 0 .333 226 248 -22 26 1-3 2-3 0-1 .000 3-4 .429 0-2 3L 1-4

PS: Eagles go down tonight against NO & the loss yesterday meant doodly squat.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
I live and breath this team Rebelfan, and have for 45 years now. (I actually think this is year # 46).
Yes I was very angry last night and I allowed all the dynamics of this MB to help fuel that. All the "Eli homers vs. Eli haters" and all that crap.
I do take it to personally. There's not doubt about that. Obviously too personally.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Moorehead Read Text Below & Get a Life. As soon as they scheme the press coverage problem the sky's the limit this year.

NFC East Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
Philadelphia Eagles 3 4 0 .429 120 155 -35 12 2-2 1-2 1-0 1.000 1-3 .250 2-1 3L 1-4
Washington Redskins 3 6 0 .333 226 248 -22 26 1-3 2-3 0-1 .000 3-4 .429 0-2 3L 1-4

I understand that we play in a division of defective teams. I just don't want us to be one of them.

Roosevelt
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM

Yes, let's think deeply about this.

Gilbride's system has yet to consider press coverage.

stormblue
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
when you are an elite QB MVP
you tend to get all the accolades when things go well.
when they go wrong MVP stands for Most Vilified Player.
it's only fair. especially when it's true.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
MS getting ripped apart I love it hahaha....

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Really?

BuffyBlueII
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Granted Eli has been playing poorly but he will snap out of it. He will be fine. He is more that "an above average QB with an uncanny clutch gene." He is a great QB that is a future HOF and is having a rough time right now. If Eli did get a clutch gene it must have been from his mom because Archie sure as heck didn't have it and it is not evident in Peyton.

We played poorly all the way around yesterday. I will give the defense a bit of a pass because they did make some good stops but they did give up a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter. I don't see you claiming how "flawed" they are and lets face it, we have had a flawed defense for two decades now.

The problem with this thread is that it appears that you were just waiting in the wings for a loss to voice your vendetta against Eli Manning. Here is a little hint, it may be taken more seriously and given more credence if you had a history of being as critical about the other aspects of the team.

Once again folks, Eli Manning and the offense has been playing poorly for the last few games. The defense is making some stops but is still soft despite all the pre game talk coming from them on a regular basis. The good part is that we are 6-3 and control our destiny and we haven't started to find any groove yet. If we get in that groove we will be fine and competitive. If we don't then at least we are having an exciting season with close games so far. I think we will start to click and be alright. I have faith in our Leader, The Great Eli Manning and he will rally the troops and take care of business.

I bELIeve.

BuffyBlueII
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
BTW MS, I think you do make good points and I know you would really love to be proven wrong in regard to your skewed beliefs about Eli. Just relax and have some faith. That way you will enjoy the season more.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Really?Yep......

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Ben didn't "make plays". How many of his passes were contested? There was one to Miller near the goal line, that was a good play. But most of the time he just hit the open guy. His average was only 7.2. Wallace's TD? Short pass to Wallace who was wide open. Catches the ball, Rolle wifs on the tackle and delays the trailing corner and then Wallace is gone. That was their only play I think over 20 yards. I wouldn't even say Redman made plays. Just the defense sucked at tackling. There is a reason Pittsburg was at 4-3 yesterday.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I think we should close the boards down after a loss to allow for mourning, but then we'd probably have to do it after ugly wins as well. Hurry up Wednesday

haha i actually wouldnt mind you guys closing the boards for 6 days after each loss

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
What alot of people seem to forget is the quality of the Giants receiving corp. There is no burner in the group. No receiver that can run past coverage. Hence if they can't beat the press or fool someone with a move, they're not open. This is why through his career alot of Eli's passes have not been great passes, but rather putting the ball where his receiver can make a play on it. When they do, its great. When they don't, well you get the last few games. You hardly ever see a Giants receiver wide open.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:49 AM
cruz is a burner

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Yep......
Well as long as you're happy.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Ben didn't "make plays". How many of his passes were contested? There was one to Miller near the goal line, that was a good play. But most of the time he just hit the open guy. His average was only 7.2. Wallace's TD? Short pass to Wallace who was wide open. Catches the ball, Rolle wifs on the tackle and delays the trailing corner and then Wallace is gone. That was their only play I think over 20 yards. I wouldn't even say Redman made plays. Just the defense sucked at tackling. There is a reason Pittsburg was at 4-3 yesterday.
He extended plays and got his team down the field.

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
cruz is a burner

Um, no. No he is not. He is the most agile receiver on the giants, if not the league. His strength is getting behind the corner via a move or two and then the corner has to make up the space. Or just making someone miss. Go back to his long TD catches last year. Most of the time he's not so much outrunning people as he is making them miss and outlasting.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Um, no. No he is not. He is the most agile receiver on the giants, if not the league. His strength is getting behind the corner via a move or two and then the corner has to make up the space. Or just making someone miss. Go back to his long TD catches last year. Most of the time he's not so much outrunning people as he is making them miss and outlasting.
Actually he's pretty darn fast. Not Mike Wallace fast but still fast.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Actually he's pretty darn fast. Not Mike Wallace fast but still fast.

sigh. It's sad how i have to debate obvious things like these on a constant basis.

Zaggs
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM

He also turned the ball over twice and was sacked 4 times. He did an efficient job. But other quarter backs have done much better jobs of extending plays than Ben did. Yes Ben got his team down the field, the the tune of 1.5 yards more than Redman did. Ben would have only had about 175 yards passing (and a mworse average) if not for Wallace's long run. There was nothing special or great about the Steelers yesterday.

Marvelousmik
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VDRApmGoY

enjoy

Eli TO Shockey
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
He had a bad game . As do ALL QBs . This thread is rediculous.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 12:01 PM
He also turned the ball over twice and was sacked 4 times. He did an efficient job. But other quarter backs have done much better jobs of extending plays than Ben did. Yes Ben got his team down the field, the the tune of 1.5 yards more than Redman did. Ben would have only had about 175 yards passing (and a mworse average) if not for Wallace's long run. There was nothing special or great about the Steelers yesterday.
I completely agree. But they are solid. They don't shoot themselves in the foot like Dallas does. Thats why we can't beat them when we play poorly.
If you play poorly, they will beat you. Which is what happened yesterday.

And all QB's benefit from WR's making plays. See Victor Cruz 2011.

stormblue
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
There was nothing special or great about the Steelers yesterday.

exactly.
and they still jacked us up with an L.

Ruttiger711
11-05-2012, 12:11 PM

yeah on our D that somehow "did their job"

MS - you mentioned that Eli has sucked for 5 games now... was that a typo? do you really believe he didnt perform well in the Browns an 9ers games? I have to believe thats a typo.

Lets take the Redskins game for example... I think we can all agree that Eli did NOT play well... but the last td play is what saved the day. Horrible game actually, but that last highlight reel play is what everyone will remember because it won the game.

THIS is exactly how our defense has been playing for the past couple of years, save the playoff run. Bend AND break, Bend AND break... super highlight play! ... bend and break....Unless the few highlight reel plays they make are ACTUALLY winning the game - they arent winning the games, they arent doing enough. Save me the highlights and be a consistent D... then the conversation can be had about their side doing their job

By the same logic that you apply to Eli you have to say the defense is playing poorly... and NOT enough... why do you never ... sorry NEVERRRRRR take them to task? You have vaild points, but the reason you get flamed is you focus on one topic only and its Eli.... i dont know if you realize you are perpetuating what you despise here. But maybe you do and then whatever, the flaming is deserved.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM

It's both and it's neither.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
yeah on our D that somehow "did their job"

MS - you mentioned that Eli has sucked for 5 games now... was that a typo? do you really believe he didnt perform well in the Browns an 9ers games? I have to believe thats a typo.

Lets take the Redskins game for example... I think we can all agree that Eli did NOT play well... but the last td play is what saved the day. Horrible game actually, but that last highlight reel play is what everyone will remember because it won the game.

THIS is exactly how our defense has been playing for the past couple of years, save the playoff run. Bend AND break, Bend AND break... super highlight play! ... bend and break....Unless the few highlight reel plays they make are ACTUALLY winning the game - they arent winning the games, they arent doing enough. Save me the highlights and be a consistent D... then the conversation can be had about their side doing their job

By the same logic that you apply to Eli you have to say the defense is playing poorly... and NOT enough... why do you never ... sorry NEVERRRRRR take them to task? You have vaild points, but the reason you get flamed is you focus on one topic only and its Eli.... i dont know if you realize you are perpetuating what you despise here. But maybe you do and then whatever, the flaming is deserved.
OK 4 games.

2 TD's and 4 picks. in 4 games.
Thats not a bad game...thats 4 bad games. Even in the SF game he was off. And the red zone performance was lousy. And while our defense is giving up yards, they are creating turnovers by the bunches and then setting up the O in great field position.
Ultimately, the defense played good enough to win with an average offensive performance.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
again, I am not blind, Eli played like **** and has for the last 3 games that I can recollect. Back foot throwing, lame duck passes, wobbly spirals, dirt shots you name it.
My point is that he isn't the only one to blame.

Did our receivers establish separation soon enough , did they run correct routes (RR)? Are they 100% (Nicks) Do we utilize the TE fully?

Where's the running game? Any running game? Does AB need the majority of snaps because he's better at pass protection than Brown or Wilson?

Why does Gilbride like the deep ball so much and the draw?

Yes the D is out there a whole lot due to so many damned 3 and outs, but the D also got called for offsides, over pursues, plays too deep on pass coverage and gives up critical 3rd down stops...

and yesterday, Special Teams were abysmal. Opting to kick a loooong FG instead of coughlin-corner punting was a head scratcher for me...

Letting their punt returner scorch them for long returns was unbelievable.

etc, etc, etc

Well said.

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Because I'm bitter.

Atta-boy!

That was pretty damn funny...

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Grow up, man.

Robert21156
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
The G-Men defense is more than welcomed to get 3 and outs also but apparently choose not to do so! I hope you're smarter than what you write. Our D has been opportunistic - NOTHING MORE. We've created turnovers, but when we don't get them, teams drive on us and keep the ball like it's no big deal. Just check the stats if you like - The Steelers and Cowboys are ranked very high defensively and they play great pass defense. Nobody says that about our Giants. Yes, Eli has sucked the past few games, but are our receivers running in the clear? Is the pocket clean or getting pushed back into the QB? If David Diehl is the right answer to our O-line, then someone is asking the wrong question. Again, just notice how many offensive players post "career high" numbers when they play us. Our D could man-up and post 3 and outs of their own.

Robert21156
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
What alot of people seem to forget is the quality of the Giants receiving corp. There is no burner in the group. No receiver that can run past coverage. Hence if they can't beat the press or fool someone with a move, they're not open. This is why through his career alot of Eli's passes have not been great passes, but rather putting the ball where his receiver can make a play on it. When they do, its great. When they don't, well you get the last few games. You hardly ever see a Giants receiver wide open.
There couldn't be a more accurate post than yours. YOU HARDLY EVER SEE A GIANTS RECEIVER WIDE OPEN. No doubt about that. On key plays the Steelers would have a receiver break open by SEVERAL yards. That's the difference between winning games and losing games (besides giving up career yardage to a 3rd string running back)!

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Grow up, man.You should take your own advice man.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Atta-boy!

That was pretty damn funny...Yeah him coming out of the wood-works to bash our QB when he is going through a stretch of bad games is funny?? When the whole team sucks right now.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
There couldn't be a more accurate post than yours. YOU HARDLY EVER SEE A GIANTS RECEIVER WIDE OPEN. No doubt about that. On key plays the Steelers would have a receiver break open by SEVERAL yards. That's the difference between winning games and losing games (besides giving up career yardage to a 3rd string running back)!
I don't know if any one factor caused us to lose. If any one of the 3 phases of the team played better we could have won the game.
The point for me in this thread is that our QB has played 4 bad games in a row. thats alarming to me. He's NOT the reason we lost yesterday.
But the rest of the team has compensated for that in the previous three.
I was called names last week when I suggested that we would get beat by the Steelers if we played the same way we've played recently on offense. I was told to shut up because we were 6-2. I think I was right on that. The offense was lousy last week too but Romo and our defense bailed the team out.
Cincy ain't the Steelers but I doubt we would get away with it against them either.
When our defense gets us the ball in good field position, we need to score TD's. When we move the ball in the red zone, we need to score TD's. Our defense is what it is. I gives up a lot of yards and creates a lot of turnovers. The wild card is the offense.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah him coming out of the wood-works to bash our QB when he is going through a stretch of bad games is funny?? When the whole team sucks right now.
Should we bash him when he's playing well?
Seems like an odd thing to do but that's just me.

Moke
11-05-2012, 01:09 PM
YOU'RE GOING TO HEAR CRAP FROM ME MISTER.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Should we bash him when he's playing well?
Seems like an odd thing to do but that's just me.Not even going to feed your little rant because I really don't care what you think but anyway. We all know Eli has been HORRIBLE the pass 3 games we get it but so has the whole offense.....You can think whatever you want cause you are entitled to think that way about Eli, cause for the most part I agree, but It just seems weird that you take pleasure in bashing Eli. But don't tell me I already know what your going to say. It's the Eli cultist you are going after right and your going to call Eli games they way he plays, good or bad and your not going to be fooled and buy into the crap that people are actually happy to have the best qb this franchise has had...lol. It just sounds like your fighting a delusional battle.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
It's sad that the OP was prbly excited over this loss so he could come on here and throw it in everyone's face that he has been rite about Eli...Sighting a couple bad games and saying that everyone who supports Eli is a homer or whatever term he used...Please go post on the Patriots website, your BS is getting old.

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Not even going to feed your little rant because I really don't care what you think but anyway. We all know Eli has been HORRIBLE the pass 3 games we get it but so has the whole offense.....You can think whatever you want cause you are entitled to think that way about Eli, cause for the most part I agree, but It just seems weird that you take pleasure in bashing Eli. But don't tell me I already know what your going to say. It's the Eli cultist you are going after right and your going to call Eli games they way he plays, good or bad and your not going to be fooled and buy into the crap that people are actually happy to have the best qb this franchise has had...lol. It just sounds like your fighting a delusional battle.

but I guess you did anyway......:)

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Not even going to feed your little rant because I really don't care what you think but anyway. We all know Eli has been HORRIBLE the pass 3 games we get it but so has the whole offense.....You can think whatever you want cause you are entitled to think that way about Eli, cause for the most part I agree, but It just seems weird that you take pleasure in bashing Eli. But don't tell me I already know what your going to say. It's the Eli cultist you are going after right and your going to call Eli games they way he plays, good or bad and your not going to be fooled and buy into the crap that people are actually happy to have the best qb this franchise has had...lol. It just sounds like your fighting a delusional battle.
Right...Its a lot of fun to be called every name in the book.
Its such "great pleasure" for me. I really enjoyed the colonoscopy I had last year too.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
It's sad that the OP was prbly excited over this loss so he could come on here and throw it in everyone's face that he has been rite about Eli...Sighting a couple bad games and saying that everyone who supports Eli is a homer or whatever term he used...Please go post on the Patriots website, your BS is getting old.Yes, that is all I'm saying, It's weird how he is coming off as a happy person cause Eli has played like complete ****.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Right...Its a lot of fun to be called every name in the book.
Its such "great pleasure" for me. I really enjoyed the colonoscopy I had last year too.wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
but I guess you did anyway......:)Yeah I kinda of did... didn't I lol :)

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
It's sad that the OP was prbly excited over this loss so he could come on here and throw it in everyone's face that he has been rite about Eli...Sighting a couple bad games and saying that everyone who supports Eli is a homer or whatever term he used...Please go post on the Patriots website, your BS is getting old.
How is it that I would be "right" about Eli? I've been saying all year that I fully expect Eli to continue his outstanding play from last season. I root my *** off for Eli on every friggin play. And I've been rooting for whoever is the Giants QB for 45 years.
Guys like you give fans a bad name.

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Yes, that is all I'm saying, It's weird how he is coming off as a happy person cause Eli has played like complete ****.
I've been pissed off since last night. Why in God's name would I be happy that we lost?

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Yes, that is all I'm saying, It's weird how he is coming off as a happy person cause Eli has played like complete ****.

I wouldnt say he is happy but he likes starting these threads when Eli is not playing well, he comes of as a someone who doesnt follow the game or this team if you ask me. Considering Eli has played 4 bad games in a row, I wouldn't push the panic button yet lol...

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I wouldnt say he is happy but he likes starting these threads when Eli is not playing well, he comes of as a someone who doesnt follow the game or this team if you ask me. Considering Eli has played 4 bad games in a row, I wouldn't push the panic button yet lol...
My wife would disagree.
As I have told my friends. I have 3 loves in life. My wife, my daughter and the New York Football Giants. Not necessarily in that order.

You're just being foolish now.

Toadofsteel

Oh he DOES follow the team, and he IS a fan. I won't question that. The thing is, he wants to get a DeLorean and go back to the 80s because he is the biggest Simms homer to ever exist...

alentown pa
How is it that I would be "right" about Eli? I've been saying all year that I fully expect Eli to continue his outstanding play from last season. I root my *** off for Eli on every friggin play. And I've been rooting for whoever is the Giants QB for 45 years.
Guys like you give fans a bad name.

you are bashing Eli after a couple bad games, and you are throwing it in peoples faces that you were rite for being alarmed about his play....Your pathetic and I rarely take your posts serious because you come off as someone who knows very little but, this thread just makes me sick and you say guys like me give fans a bad name?

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
you are bashing Eli after a couple bad games, and you are throwing it in peoples faces that you were rite for being alarmed about his play....Your pathetic and I rarely take your posts serious because you come off as someone who knows very little but, this thread just makes me sick and you say guys like me give fans a bad name?
I pointed out that he has played 4 bad games in a row. Why? Because he's played 4 bad games in a row.
He needs to step it up. I am very concerned that this slump have continued this long. It's rare for Eli to have more than 1 or 2 bad games in a row. After his debacle in Buffalo in 2007 he came right back with a great game against the Pats. I don't remember this long a stretch since his rookie year.

Funny thing is, most of you seem to agree with me that he's playing poorly and you still spew your nonsense. I don't get it.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
him and that creeper Harooni make me hate giant fans.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I pointed out that he has played 4 bad games in a row. Why? Because he's played 4 bad games in a row.
He needs to step it up. I am very concerned that this slump have continued this long. It's rare for Eli to have more than 1 or 2 bad games in a row. After his debacle in Buffalo in 2007 he came right back with a great game against the Pats. I don't remember this long a stretch since his rookie year.

Funny thing is, most of you seem to agree with me that he's playing poorly and you still spew your nonsense. I don't get it.

yes, its everyone else who is spewing.

alentown pa
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
anyway you win you got the attention you were seeking, and you got tell us real fans "I told you so"

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:37 PM
yes, its everyone else who is spewing.lol

GameTime
11-05-2012, 01:37 PM

agreeing Eli is playing poorly is one thing. Having **** thrown in your face for thinking one way or the other is a whole different thing. Not singling you out at all because so many others do it as well....

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh he DOES follow the team, and he IS a fan. I won't question that. The thing is, he wants to get a DeLorean and go back to the 80s because he is the biggest Simms homer to ever exist...
I love Phil Simms. He's my all time sports hero. You know he was the Giants QB? Right?

I went 14 years before we had a playoff appearance. My first playoff game was at age 22.
Phil was the face and persona of my beloved team. Overcame adversity, was highly respected by players, both team mates and players around the league, and helped make a chronic loser into a great team.
Yes...I do love Phil Simms. If you are making that a bad thing, that's your problem.

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:42 PM
I love Phil Simms. He's my all time sports hero. You know he was the Giants QB? Right?

I went 14 years before we had a playoff appearance. My first playoff game was at age 22.
Phil was the face and persona of my beloved team. Overcame adversity, was highly respected by players, both team mates and players around the league, and helped make a chronic loser into a great team.
Yes...I do love Phil Simms. If you are making that a bad thing, that's your problem.lol and Eli hasn't done those things???

alentown pa

Yes...I do love Phil Simms. If you are making that a bad thing, that's your problem.

You seem to be more of a simms fan than a giants fan thats cool, I know fans like that, kind of like if you're a kobe fan but not a laker fan or a Jordan fan but not bulls fan....I knew there was something up with you, I knew you didnt like this team...nothing wrong with that by the way, not knocking you.

Morehead State
anyway you win you got the attention you were seeking, and you got tell us real fans "I told you so"
What is it I'm supposed to be saying "I told you so" about?
I'm as disappointed about this as anyone. You think I enjoy watching my QB play this badly? Eli was great last year. he turned the corner. He was on his way to being one of the truly great QB's in the league. Now I see that Old Eli creeping back, and I'm very concerned. I don't know if its confidence, something physical or what.
It doesn't bother you?

Sarcasman
11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
You should take your own advice man.

Good one!

Morehead State
11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
You seem to be more of a simms fan than a giants fan thats cool, I know fans like that, kind of like if you're a kobe fan but not a laker fan or a Jordan fan but not bulls fan....I knew there was something up with you, I knew you didnt like this team...nothing wrong with that by the way, not knocking you.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I was a huge Randy Johnson fan too. But Phil brought my team to glory. And I do love this team. (except Osi)

Eliscruzzz
11-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Good one!Thanks man your really living up to your name. I have got to hand it to you.