PDA

View Full Version : Where are all of the eternal optimists?

Die-Hard
11-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Win a game, and this team is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even the most mild form of criticism from anyone is attacked unmercifully.

Lose a game, and.....well, take a look around. Its the end of the world, and it's not only hypocritical, but it's flat out pathetic.

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.

tonyt830
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Win a game, and this team is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even the most mild form of criticism from anyone is attacked unmercifully.

Lose a game, and.....well, take a look around. Its the end of the world, and it's not only hypocritical, but it's flat out pathetic.

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.well said Die-Hard!

God forbid any fan is a realist and objective, we are called chicken littles or told to go root for another team. The Giants have issues to be corrected---Bradshaw does not have it anymore, and Diehl should not be starting.

thegiantsrule10
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
As stupid as we all sound, i'm still going to bash this team after a big loss, it's how the life of a sports fan works.

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.Thank you.

I remember getting slammed for saying that our offense needs to improve.

joemorrisforprez
6-3..... loss was to an AFC team.....still solidly in first place.

I'm not worried at all. They just need to make some adjustments to their gameplan, and get Locklear back in there.

Eli was mediocre, but his receivers were out to lunch today.

Also.....**** LeBeau > Kevin Gilbride.

Buddy333
The last two games where a preview of things to come. The offense has been bad for three games. Nicks is not healthy, they miss Manningham, Diehl is not good but he was on two Super Bowl winning teams so let him get Eli tossed around, and the defense is soft. Lol. People where mentioning the Steelers defense and the Giants defense in the same sentence. Funny stuff.

joemorrisforprez
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
The last two games where a preview of things to come. The offense has been bad for three games. Nicks is not healthy, they miss Manningham, Diehl is not good but he was on two Super Bowl winning teams so let him get Eli tossed around, and the defense is soft. Lol. People where mentioning the Steelers defense and the Giants defense in the same sentence. Funny stuff.

I'm not blaming the defense for this one.

The offense and special teams were atrocious today.

tonyt830
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM

The offense and special teams were atrocious today.the defense had some positives, 4 sacks and a fumble recovery for a TD. But to allow 140 yards to a 3rd string RB is terrible.

GMAN2K9
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
The loss was a long time coming... we havent played a complete game since San Francisco.

We will do enough things right next week and make it to the bye at 7-3, which I am fine with.

This team does however, need to make adjusments in every phase, including a shot in the arm with couple hungry players...

Doug Martin ran off 250+ yds, and 4TDS today... Wilson, picked right after him. has had one handoff last 2 weeks. UNACCEPTABLE! He's fumbled ONCE! How many mistakes does Eli, Bradshaw, Cruz, Nicks, Diehl?!

After the bye, this HAS TO CHANGE. Bradshaw is worn out from carrying the load -- he ll show flashes of his old form here and there but cant do it 25+ carries anymore. Brown is very very solid -- he should be the lead and Wilson is our game breaker.

And Hixon has been making plays all year -- not sure why there was so much Randle today

ShakeandBake
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
The fact of the matter is when Eli does not have a big game, our offense is non-existent because we do not have a running game. Then on the defensive side of the ball, we can not stop the run to save our lives. We rely too heavily on making turnovers on defense and our big play ability offensively, and that is just not a good formula to win in the NFL.

brad
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
The fact of the matter is when Eli does not have a big game, our offense is non-existent because we do not have a running game. Then on the defensive side of the ball, we can not stop the run to save our lives. We rely too heavily on making turnovers on defense and our big play ability offensively, and that is just not a good formula to win in the NFL.

This is exactly right... there needs to be some adjustments made in the passing game using more quick passes and short routes. The big plays are nice, but you can't rely on them... you need to be able to sustain drives and get first downs.

BigBlueAllDay
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Would that be sliced bread with embedded raisins? cause those are delicious.

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.
Ah you mean homers like FBOMB? He'll eventually crawl in around Wednesday after a loss, he's mentally too fragile to face the heat.

Flip Empty
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I remember taking heat for criticising the team's red zone failings in week 3. Now everyone's whinging about it.

Rudyy
11-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I remember taking heat for criticising the team's red zone failings in week 3. Now everyone's whinging about it.Exactly. Some dude started posting all this crap about how we are 2nd in the league on offense...wonder where he is now.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
As stupid as we all sound, i'm still going to bash this team after a big loss, it's how the life of a sports fan works.

+1. Its part of the fun

giantsforce
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.The only pathetic thing is the coaching performance.

giantsforce
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Exactly. Some dude started posting all this crap about how we are 2nd in the league on offense...wonder where he is now.I remember replying to his thread and saying we are scoring 40% in the redzone which puts us in the lower end of the NFL but he did not say anything. And of course this came to bite us this week because Big Ben is not Romo.

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM

Actually, it's the life of an idiot . . . .

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Lmao classic.....greatest example of a person going "i told you so" after a ****ty game haha man thank u somehow today seems less pathetic

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM

Right here, flaming every idiot that is crying in his panties over a single loss.

Same place I was last year when everyone was calling for TC to be fired . . . .

byron
11-04-2012, 09:19 PM
and the pissing contest begins....

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Flat awful and for three games now really. Serious slump maybe these guys need to find some slumpbusters like mlbs do lol but this game was there for the taking, another redzone fg when we coulda buried them. Up 14the with 4 to go in the third...ugh eli needs to get his **** together wit the wrs but i will say this, th e low sack given up numbers are in spite of the ol imho

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
And i dont quite get the premise of this, i dont think anyone believes the team is as poor as its shown lately. This is some of the worst ball under eli in years even w the ints yr. This whole op makes it seem like unless we think the team is this ****ty we r some sort of unreal homer?? Going see i told u so about this game means u say the team is this ****ty before hand, and im sorry thats bs and dead wrong.
i think this team can play much better and is much better than they showed today. And we still had a ton of chances to seal it earlier. Nah me thinks u been waiting and waiting for a situation like now so u could feel fvindicated for saying all these players are avg and underrating them, for some strange strange reason, and even further, lmao, u hate how some ppl think differently than u i guess?? I dunno.

I remember some guy was saying similar stuff perhaps a tad more exrreme, after a game we went to years ago, dude got his *** handed to him with ppl booing him and throwing stuff at him lol not literal physical violence

Giantsin04
11-04-2012, 09:45 PM

I know, god forbid FANS of a team get more excited about wins than losses. Good thing we have you to keep everyone grounded.

Yeah, "Remember this thread". clown

gumby74
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
And i dont quite get the premise of this, i dont think anyone believes the team is as poor as its shown lately. This is some of the worst ball under eli in years even w the ints yr. This whole op makes it seem like unless we think the team is this ****ty we r some sort of unreal homer?? Going see i told u so about this game means u say the team is this ****ty before hand, and im sorry thats bs and dead wrong.
i think this team can play much better and is much better than they showed today. And we still had a ton of chances to seal it earlier. Nah me thinks u been waiting and waiting for a situation like now so u could feel fvindicated for saying all these players are avg and underrating them, for some strange strange reason, and even further, lmao, u hate how some ppl think differently than u i guess?? I dunno.

I remember some guy was saying similar stuff perhaps a tad more exrreme, after a game we went to years ago, dude got his *** handed to him with ppl booing him and throwing stuff at him lol not literal physical violence

Let's say we won today. Fact is our offense was pitiful - win or lose. And it's that last bit that people fail to see through. A bad play call is still a bad play call regardless if it's successful or not. A bad performance is still a bad performance despite whether you won or lost.

Harooni
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM

Remember this thread the next time you feel like bashing other people for not seeing this team with rose-colored glasses on.lol diehard. i thank the football gods we have realistic mods everyday.

Ruttiger711
11-04-2012, 09:54 PM

Angriest .... Mod..... Ever

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Let's say we won today. Fact is our offense was pitiful - win or lose. And it's that last bit that people fail to see through. A bad play call is still a bad play call regardless if it's successful or not. A bad performance is still a bad performance despite whether you won or lost.
When has that not been the case I don't know maybe I'm at a different board but I see plenty of criticism people interject when they think it's overblown. I know some people go too far myself included, but most the time it's just a difference of opinion and some people go way too far in that difference myself included sometimes. Still this thread is that I'm not going to comment further

Giantsin04
11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Angriest .... Mod..... Ever

HAHAHAHAHA.

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll just say when we were leaving that game and that guy was getting all that stuff thrown At him and people booing him, it got out of hand somehow I don't know but he was basically talking about I told you so we're not that good read this or that I told you you guys that were excited ha ha, well we all thought it was justified in that one instance. Rubbing the salt in the wound after a loss we looked like crap that's not how most Move people want to deal with after a loss it's kind of like, "you're that guy "

Harooni
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I'll just say when we were leaving that game and that guy was getting all that stuff thrown At him and people booing him, it got out of hand somehow I don't know but he was basically talking about I told you so we're not that good read this or that I told you you guys that were excited ha ha, well we all thought it was justified in that one instance. Rubbing the salt in the wound after a loss we looked like crap that's not how most Move people want to deal with after a loss it's kind of like, "you're that guy " wow impressed , nice post. but lets remember all the pie thrown at mooreheads face when we barely won some games, playing like this and he warned that we would lose like this.

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 10:06 PM
wow impressed , nice post. but lets remember all the pie thrown at mooreheads face when we barely won some games, playing like this and he warned that we would lose like this. I saw a lot of people agree with him I didn't think we would lose I thought we would win by 10 and we were up by 10 late in the third but are we not supposed to have different opinions so we should all feel we are going to lose I think we all saw the team wasn't playing well I haven't seen somebody acting like we're playing top all except one or two crazy guy

giantsfan420
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I mean isn't this kind of like going see I told you so were losers I know that's extreme but some people myself included like to be optimistic and I don't think any of us are off base really on both sides of the spectrum

nycisgreat
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
well said Die-Hard!

God forbid any fan is a realist and objective, we are called chicken littles or told to go root for another team. The Giants have issues to be corrected---Bradshaw does not have it anymore, and Diehl should not be starting.

I agree.

Harooni
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I saw a lot of people agree with him I didn't think we would lose I thought we would win by 10 and we were up by 10 late in the third but are we not supposed to have different opinions so we should all feel we are going to lose I think we all saw the team wasn't playing well I haven't seen somebody acting like we're playing top all except one or two crazy guy its not that we should all be negative, its that we shouldn't disregard problems just because we squeezed in a rather lucky win. , and lets face it today our O scored 6 points. its clear we have been figured out. Gilbride has to make those changes so maybe its good we lost now rather than keep things the same.

FBomb
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Really? A mod calling people out.

This thread is as equally pathetic. This board is a 2 way street....many people get bashed for being positive as well.

byron
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM

This thread is as equally pathetic. This board is a 2 way street....many people get bashed for being positive as well. +! lot of resentment around here at times.....

giantsfan420
11-05-2012, 10:28 AM

This thread is as equally pathetic. This board is a 2 way street....many people get bashed for being positive as well.

Exactly fbomb. Imo if he wants to makd ghreads like this than he should stop being a mod. First job of a mod is keepong things civil and after that then he can go ahead and state his opinion.s but even then much do so in a way that doesnt instigate or cause drama. U forfeit the ability to act likd a jackass liks the fest of us wjen becoming a mod otherwise the inmates running the asylum. Just my opinion of course

Die-Hard
11-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I know, god forbid FANS of a team get more excited about wins than losses. Good thing we have you to keep everyone grounded.

Yeah, "Remember this thread". clown

Wow, really? I'm merely pointing out that a loss brings nothing but complete and utter destruction to these boards, but those same people, just a few hours previous, were the first ones to jump all over ANYONE who dared to say that this Giants team wasn't nearly as good as they originally thought.

Most people on this board aren't emotionally equipped to handle a loss, or even the most mild form of criticism. Don't believe me? Take a look around. Its pathetic. Cut this one, cut that one, fire him, he's gotta GO, bench that bum...

After a win? REPEAT BABY! ELI IS A LOCK FOR CANTON!! THIS TEAM CAN BEAT ANYONE!!

Its fine to get excited or angry, but when people lose all rational thought and forget that they were just calling this team a powerhouse BEFORE a loss, it's worth pointing out the hypocrisy.

G-Men Surg.
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm still here bro, winmor lose !

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm optomistic.........for the playoffs

We always struggle on the back 8

Die-Hard
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM

I'm just a fan like the rest of you. I can't point out the obvious and get annoyed by the hypocrisy of this place?

Thats not how it works. Last time I checked, I can voice my opinion. Being a Mod has nothing to do with it

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Whats your opinion.........are we suppoosed to be heartned by the Deihl decision? The stubborn refusal to bench Bradshaw........the 2 TDs in 14 QUARTERS????? We are the worst 6-3 I've ever seen

Die-Hard
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Exactly fbomb. Imo if he wants to makd ghreads like this than he should stop being a mod. First job of a mod is keepong things civil and after that then he can go ahead and state his opinion.s but even then much do so in a way that doesnt instigate or cause drama. U forfeit the ability to act likd a jackass liks the fest of us wjen becoming a mod otherwise the inmates running the asylum. Just my opinion of course

I'm stating the obvious. Giving me advice about not creating drama and abiding by some invisible set of rules is pretty funny coming from you. Maybe you guys should stop looking for mod tags

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
The regular season is more about geting into the playoffs than being expected to beat every opponent and going 16-0 or 15-1, not that those records have not done much in terms of winning a Superbowl lately anyway. The Giants are still in a good position, but of course they need to make more improvements, that's part of what "going through a regular season" is all about. For example, the redzone offense definitely needs to be better even though Tynes is hitting a lot of FG and on pace to break a single season scoring record.

tcseacliff

I believe tuck and Eli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgPePk3kGZk

Die-Hard
Whats your opinion.........are we suppoosed to be heartned by the Deihl decision? The stubborn refusal to bench Bradshaw........the 2 TDs in 14 QUARTERS????? We are the worst 6-3 I've ever seen

Thats the thing. Ask any fan of any other team who is NOT 6-3 if they'd like to switch. Yes, they've looked bad for the past 3 games, and I coompletely agree that some changes need to be made, but I'm not flying completely off the handle about it, and neither should anyone else. Last time I checked, 6-3 leads the division by a nice margin, and if Philly loses tonight, we will have lost no ground at all.

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
If their typical slump includes a couple of ugly wins instead of a couple of ugly losses, then I'm OK. Hoping we get a win before the bye and then come back a little refreshed. I don't care if next week is ugly as long as it's a win.

Drez
11-05-2012, 08:03 PM

The defense was pretty bad most of the night, too.

GMENAGAIN
11-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Wow, really? I'm merely pointing out that a loss brings nothing but complete and utter destruction to these boards, but those same people, just a few hours previous, were the first ones to jump all over ANYONE who dared to say that this Giants team wasn't nearly as good as they originally thought.

Most people on this board aren't emotionally equipped to handle a loss, or even the most mild form of criticism. Don't believe me? Take a look around. Its pathetic. Cut this one, cut that one, fire him, he's gotta GO, bench that bum...

After a win? REPEAT BABY! ELI IS A LOCK FOR CANTON!! THIS TEAM CAN BEAT ANYONE!!

Its fine to get excited or angry, but when people lose all rational thought and forget that they were just calling this team a powerhouse BEFORE a loss, it's worth pointing out the hypocrisy.

I could not agree more with this post

fourth&forever
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm an optimist.
We need to improve.
Am I allowed to say that?

BigBlueAllDay
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm an optimist.
We need to improve.
Am I allowed to say that?

I think that's the one thing that we all agree on. Improvement.:cool:

BParcells777
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Thats the thing. Ask any fan of any other team who is NOT 6-3 if they'd like to switch. Yes, they've looked bad for the past 3 games, and I coompletely agree that some changes need to be made, but I'm not flying completely off the handle about it, and neither should anyone else. Last time I checked, 6-3 leads the division by a nice margin, and if Philly loses tonight, we will have lost no ground at all.

I suppose thats true but I'd like to forget this week, burn the tape, put on a happy face and move forward. Thats the beauty of being a Giants fan.....life is full of suprises

The talking heads were castrigrating a NY Giants fan today on Sirius for having the utter unmitigated nerve to complain about anything when there are poor huddled masses who's teams have never even sniffed a Lombardi..........they would hate me.......I dont want just a Lombardi..........I want total utter domination and blow outs for years and years.........I'm doomed

fourth&forever
11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I think that's the one thing that we all agree on. Improvement.:cool:

We agree! I'll drink to improvement.
glug glug

FBomb
11-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm just a fan like the rest of you. I can't point out the obvious and get annoyed by the hypocrisy of this place?

Thats not how it works. Last time I checked, I can voice my opinion. Being a Mod has nothing to do with it

I was under the impression that "calling out" a poster or group of posters for their opinions was frowned upon by the mods of this board. Consider me now re-educated. Pettiness and hypocrisy transcends all levels here. Bravo.

Like I said,,,,the street goes both ways here.

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 05:35 AM
I was under the impression that "calling out" a poster or group of posters for their opinions was frowned upon by the mods of this board. Consider me now re-educated. Pettiness and hypocrisy transcends all levels here. Bravo.

Like I said,,,,the street goes both ways here.

You still cannot call out individual posters. If you see this thread as an insult, then perhaps its time you look in the mirror and ask yourself if it hits too close to home. I'm not making a single thing up, nor am I being petty or a hypocrite. A lot of folks are crashing back down to earth because they're finally seeing that this team isn't as good as they thought, and we're the ones who have to clean up the hysterical mess left behind, so forgive me for venting a little bit. They overrate after a win, and melt down completely after a loss. I've seen you attack them countless times yourself, so get off the high horse, guy.

Juanito
11-06-2012, 06:39 AM
I love sports fans. One loss and its we suck and we're done, one win and its Superbowl baby!!!

Keep bashing this team by the way, they don't play too well with high expectations.

nygfanmaybe
11-06-2012, 07:40 AM
You still cannot call out individual posters. If you see this thread as an insult, then perhaps its time you look in the mirror and ask yourself if it hits too close to home. I'm not making a single thing up, nor am I being petty or a hypocrite. A lot of folks are crashing back down to earth because they're finally seeing that this team isn't as good as they thought, and we're the ones who have to clean up the hysterical mess left behind, so forgive me for venting a little bit. They overrate after a win, and melt down completely after a loss. I've seen you attack them countless times yourself, so get off the high horse, guy.

I have sat back for the most part and have just read...not only this thread but others. I have tried not to participate...which is difficult.

It is especially gratifying for me to see other posters finally speaking-up about things I have noticed and commented on way long time ago.

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm stating the obvious. Giving me advice about not creating drama and abiding by some invisible set of rules is pretty funny coming from you. Maybe you guys should stop looking for mod tags
Exhibit 2311456. We all get who u are already we don't need or want anyorem examples

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 10:26 AM

And then with somebod voices their opinion with the same passion and intensity and loss of control you often display you just ban them hey what's it matter right ignore the mod tag I've seen him...no comment. And does no one else find it ironic that you are stating originally that hey all you rose-colored guys we have problems we are not what you guys stated we were and now when another person is talking about the issues that we have an people who are "overstating it" when they share ur opinion only stronger, that things aren't as good as some say... Eh I don't know don't get the kind of mentality a person would have to start and say that op

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Lets just say when Eli and this offense have a good day People aren't making threads calling out people who said negative things incorrectly about Eli before most of us are passed it except for a few I guess who r still holding on

ShakeandBake
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Lets just say when Eli and this offense have a good day People aren't making threads calling out people who said negative things incorrectly about Eli before most of us are passed it except for a few I guess who r still holding on

Sure there are plenty of people that do that, the difference there is that those people are also not moderators.

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
We're all optimists here as far as I can tell. But pointing out the problems with our team as we see them is the essence of a MB.
We are not playing well at all, especially on offense. Our defense is giving up a lot of yards but they are also creating a lot of turnovers. This past week was the first time the ST's played poorly and may be chalked up to matchups vs. Pittsburgh.

We need to right the ship this week and beat Cincy. Its not an easy task. The winner of the Dallas/Philly game (I think Dallas) may be poised to make a run. We can see our lead disappear in just a few weeks.

So yes...I am always optimistic that our beloved team will right the ship, I am because I have confidence in our core players and our coaching staff. But there is a lot of talent around this league, and anyone can make a run. Like we did last year. We don't have a monopoly on that. Its been true in the league since the 05 season.
The team that gets hot at the right time has been winning SB's.

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 10:34 AM
And then with somebod voices their opinion with the same passion and intensity and loss of control you often display you just ban them hey what's it matter right ignore the mod tag I've seen him...no comment. And does no one else find it ironic that you are stating originally that hey all you rose-colored guys we have problems we are not what you guys stated we were and now when another person is talking about the issues that we have an people who are "overstating it" when they share ur opinion only stronger, that things aren't as good as some say... Eh I don't know don't get the kind of mentality a person would have to start and say that op
PLEASE PUNCTUATE!!!!!!!!
This post read like a Macciovelli rant. I have no idea what you're saying.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
We're all optimists here as far as I can tell. But pointing out the problems with our team as we see them is the essence of a MB.
We are not playing well at all, especially on offense. Our defense is giving up a lot of yards but they are also creating a lot of turnovers. This past week was the first time the ST's played poorly and may be chalked up to matchups vs. Pittsburgh.

We need to right the ship this week and beat Cincy. Its not an easy task. The winner of the Dallas/Philly game (I think Dallas) may be poised to make a run. We can see our lead disappear in just a few weeks.

So yes...I am always optimistic that our beloved team will right the ship, I am because I have confidence in our core players and our coaching staff. But there is a lot of talent around this league, and anyone can make a run. Like we did last year. We don't have a monopoly on that. Its been true in the league since the 05 season.

We are all optimists on here???

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 10:49 AM
We are all optimists on here???
We are almost all optimists.

yo-ho
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
If we weren't optimists, we'd stop watching the games

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Sorry. I use a voice reco program to make posts on my cell and it doesnt recognize punctuation well

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 12:40 PM

Its fine to get excited or angry, but when people lose all rational thought and forget that they were just calling this team a powerhouse BEFORE a loss, it's worth pointing out the hypocrisy.Do you not think Eli will make it to Canton? Do you not think this team can beat any team when they play their best? I don't know but I still believe we have a great team. We lost by 4 on Sunday and we played our worst game of the season. Let's wait until the season is over before we call people out.

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
They overrate after a win, and melt down completely after a loss.

+1.

1 minute a guy is stud and we are going to repeat, the next week its time for that person to go and he needs to be fired. wrost team ever!.

I am keeping the same stance as i did last week. I dont think this is a bad team. there are things we need to work on but that doesnt mean people need to be cut or fired. Its getting annoying and its come to the point where you cant even discuss football in a logical manner. I honestly wouldnt mind if you Mods closed down the boards for 5 days after each loss

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 12:58 PM

You make it sound so simple but this is not the case. Instead of saying i dont like this and that, and so and so needs to be fixed", its more like

FIRE HIM, THIS GUY IS A BUM, SECOND HALF COLLAPSE HERE WE COME!!!.

Before our last game you couldnt go 1 week without ELi being compared to brady, brees, or rodgers. You couldnt go a week without people talking about him being in the running for MVP and how much he has been carrying the team.

All of a sudden there is a thread comparing him to alex smith and another thread calling him a bum.

Come on man. That is not essential to a message board. It makes me embarrassed. Especially since its on a week to week basis with no consistency. 1 minute a guy is a hall of famer, the next minute he is a bum. If eli has another off day i wont be surprised if people call for carr. Its sad.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
i would mind very much.. i'm sure many others would also mind.
you could just choose to take a 5 day hiatus , and then come back.
same results for you....and no inconvenience to the rest of us.

every player and coach on this team has haters and homers.
we fans come here to vent , be it good bad or indifferent , we have the right
to come here.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
You make it sound so simple but this is not the case. Instead of saying i dont like this and that, and so and so needs to be fixed", its more like

Before our last game you couldnt go 1 week without ELi being compared to brady, brees, or rodgers. You couldnt go a week without people talking about him being in the running for MVP and how much he has been carrying the team.

All of a sudden there is a thread comparing him to alex smith and another thread calling him a bum.

Come on man. That is not essential to a message board. It makes me embarrassed. Especially since its on a week to week basis with no consistency. 1 minute a guy is a hall of famer, the next minute he is a bum. If eli has another off day i wont be surprised if people call for carr. Its sad.

what you are saying is that your personal opinion is the prevailing factor
in determining what is or isn't a valid opinion or post on these message boards.

let us all bow and pay hommage.

VTGFAN
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I think being a fan of a team like the Giants is tough.....expectations are high. I don't like the play calling (it drives me crazy matter of fact). This team doesn't know how to just put a game away....we go up by 23 points against Dallas and barely score again. We played ball control and clock control during the Dallas game.....go for the throat!!!! I HATE the Patriots....but you have to admire how when they get a lead they don't rely on that lead...its never good enough. The loss against the Steelers was going to happen..its been coming for weeks. We played a team that wasn't going to lay down like the other teams did....I knew this was coming and it was expected. Final thought.....you're inside the other teams 20 yrd line 5 times and come out with 5 field goals says something....you've got a problem on offense. I can understand the other team stepping up a few times to stop you...but 5 times?

MTH716
11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
6-3 with a 3 game lead in the division. Things can be much worse. So they played a stinker on Sunday, big deal. Everyone else in the division lost as well.
No one said that this was going to be a cake walk. So let's get this team to January football and see what happens. There are no world beaters in this conference (or league for that matter). I'll believe the Falcons are for real when they win a game in January. Until then I'll take my chances with this group we have now. They seem to know what it takes to win and also have a knack of putting it together at the right time.
Move pass the Steelers game and let's worry about winning in Cincy.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
exactly .
but those of us who warned of it were criticized as fools.
now that it has happened and the mid season swoon has begun
we are reminded that this coaching staff are gurus and who are we
to challenge their immaculate knowledge because they have "2 rings in 5 years"

i hate freakin' losing , i am not afraid to admit it .
but at least i can come here and rant.
homers be damned.
you don't have to be a homer to be a loyal fan.

Razur
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM

It's not losing a game....it's playing like crap...what is it with you fans who deny this key factor?? You skim right past the lousy performances, and go right to.."it's just one game"..it's the fact that this team has been playing like crap on both sides of the ball...letting opponents march right back into a game and taking a 20+ point lead away..Offense who cant score from the 4 yard line..ST who can tackle or even come within 10 yards of the return guy..And..try listening to the sound bytes right out of the players mouths..they'll ech the same sentiments as the fans here who post ...

VTGFAN
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with Razur....its not the loosing of the game that frustrates me...its the playing like CRAP. You loose against a good team and we should say "Job well done"....but I didn't see that out of the Steelers....we gave that game away. We got lucky against the Cowboys and Redskins and yes those were wins..but they could've just as easily been losses. I hope Coughlin can work some of this stuff out. Did anyone else notice besides me that the defense only rushed 4 players for the whole game this week...where the hell were the blitzes and stunts. Front 4 IMO played their hearts out....secondary sucked.

GameTime
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
here is some positive thoughts...
Versus the Steelers the Giants played poorly and only lost by 4 points to a really good team. The Steelers got 150+ yards on the ground, won the time of possession, beat the Giants in total offense, etc. If the Giants play only slightly better they still have a not so great game but win anyway.
The Giants need to improve and be more consistent and when they do look out.......

Mercury
11-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm an optimist. But I'm level headed. Every game this year, I've seen room for improvement. Even our best game vs. SF, we weren't firing on all cylinders. We left a lot of points on the board settling for FGs instead of TDs.

Even on a day when our team played crappy and lost, they had a chance to win the game at the end. That's pretty good considering how poorly they played.

However, anyone who calls out Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin, Perry Fewell, Kevin Gilbride or Eli Manning over one lost game is an idiot. They are all human, they all make mistakes. However, they are all proven winners and I would take their side over yours any day. And I thank God you are not in charge of this team. You'd run it into the ground faster than Jerry Jones.

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM

Well said

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 02:15 PM
what you are saying is that your personal opinion is the prevailing factor
in determining what is or isn't a valid opinion or post on these message boards.

let us all bow and pay hommage.

You literally are incapable of understanding anything that is written on these boards.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
You literally are incapable of understanding anything that is written on these boards.

no...You are literally incapable of understanding anything that is not your personal opinion.
and i ask you once again to stop stalking me just to bump your post count.

10,803.......impressive....but quantity is not quality.

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM

well said.

Thats why i stopped replying to him

G-MENBK
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I still remember a thread where people were saying Tynes was clutch and one of, if not the best, field goal kickers in the league.

..Then came that Eagles game...

Marvelousmik
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I still remember a thread where people were saying Tynes was clutch and one of, if not the best, field goal kickers in the league.

haha, so true

bELIeve_in_Giants
11-06-2012, 03:16 PM

I think he's clutch, he just doesn't have a strong enough leg to hit from 50+ yards.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
well said.

Thats why i stopped replying to him

i can only hope that he follows suit.

NYGabriel
11-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Giants fans have been spoiled after 2 SB's in 5 years. Some of the posts after a defeat are almost comical.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
all the hatred and anger will turn back into love and worship come Sunday kick-off.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
When you win titles at the rate that we have in recent memory, you are sure to collect a ton of bandwagon fans. I don't have a problem with bandwagon fans personally. They just have marginal football knowledge. That's what you're going to get. It is what it is.

G-MENBK
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I think he's clutch, he just doesn't have a strong enough leg to hit from 50+ yards.

That's why I don't consider him clutch. He's also shaky at best when it comes to field goals above 45+ yards.

Wait, til the wind picks up.

Drez
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
That's why I don't consider him clutch. He's also shaky at best when it comes to field goals above 45+ yards.

Wait, til the wind picks up.Tynes is clutch. Just because he couldn't hit a 54 yarder once doesn't mean he isn't clutch.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Tynes is clutch. Just because he couldn't hit a 54 yarder once doesn't mean he isn't clutch.

The funniest thing about Tynes last game is that he was short on a 51 yarder, but kicked a 50 yarder that would have been good from 60. Go figure

G-MENBK
11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Tynes is clutch. Just because he couldn't hit a 54 yarder once doesn't mean he isn't clutch.

He botched two GW field goals in Philly. Granted, the first one didn't count because Reid used his timeout but he was still short with his second attempt. He's only clutch when it's a field goal in between 30-40. Above 45, it can go either way. And there are kickers in this league who can consistently drill in a field goal 50+ yards away, and their respective teams put them in a position to try even a 60-yarder.

We definitely DO NOT have that kind of confidence with Tynes.

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 04:52 PM
He botched two GW field goals in Philly. Granted, the first one didn't count because Reid used his timeout but he was still short with his second attempt. He's only clutch when it's a field goal in between 30-40. Above 45, it can go either way. And there are kickers in this league who can consistently drill in a field goal 50+ yards away, and their respective teams put them in a position to try even a 60-yarder.

There's always lots to complain about. Tynes is NOT one of them. He's been rock solid all season.
90% is pretty awesome. Plus he's had to kick a lot of FG's because of our struggles in the red zone.

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
It seems like the posters on this forum are more intent to try to call out other posters rather than discuss football. It really has nothing to do with the Giants though.

stormblue
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
he leads the league in scoring.....can't see how that can be a negative.

BillTheGreek
11-06-2012, 05:11 PM
well said Die-Hard!

Give me J.J. Watt...................lol

GMENAGAIN
11-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Please list the kicker in this league that "consistently drill" 50+ yard FG's.

FBomb
11-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Why would I be insulted? Have I ever given you the impression that I am an "eternal optimist"? "Attacking" (overstated) an idiot poster in his own thread isn't starting a thread calling anyone out. Nice failed deflection, though.

I'm not on any high horse.......I've seen mods reprimand other posters for threads exactly like this one and I don't feel like any mod is above reproach. IMO, a mod is subject to just as much scrutiny from me as anyone else. I've never had any problem with the mods of this board. As a matter of fact, I spend a lot time defending the mods of this board....but I will call a spade a spade.

This thread comes across as hypocritical to me. Sorry you're so insulted....perhaps I am the one hitting too close to home.

sharick88
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Bring back Plaxico25 and ThurstonHowell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Why would I be insulted? Have I ever given you the impression that I am an "eternal optimist"? "Attacking" (overstated) an idiot poster in his own thread isn't starting a thread calling anyone out. Nice failed deflection, though.

I'm not on any high horse.......I've seen mods reprimand other posters for threads exactly like this one and I don't feel like any mod is above reproach. IMO, a mod is subject to just as much scrutiny from me as anyone else. I've never had any problem with the mods of this board. As a matter of fact, I spend a lot time defending the mods of this board....but I will call a spade a spade.

This thread comes across as hypocritical to me. Sorry you're so insulted....perhaps I am the one hitting too close to home.
i love how this is his "cleaning the mess up"...truth be told ppl dont even do what hes claiming, truth be told ppl just have diff opinions and are as passionate and intense in stating so. Both sides feel their personal opinion is the "truth". I mean even in this very thread, posters were enacting exactly as diehard, stating whats wrong with this team in their own personal level of doing so to whci diehard responded thats its "ot as bad or how he said it was". Hes "wearing rose colored glasses" here too i guess?
Now suppose we do finish under. 500 and the team just flat sucks. At the end of the season, would u diehard, be cool with bparcells making the same op u did and aimed it at u bc u didnt feel it was as bad as he made it out to be?

We r dealing w opinions 99% of the time. The mod tag means nothing in regard to that, urs is just another opinion. And im sure u could find posters here who are on both sides of the spectrum in extremity with ur opinion falling inbetween the two...
only thing is, as i and others feel, mods shouldnt be acting like this and if u want to just give up the mod tag. Otherwise i think the inmates running the asylum is a fitting anology

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm an optimist. But I'm level headed. Every game this year, I've seen room for improvement. Even our best game vs. SF, we weren't firing on all cylinders. We left a lot of points on the board settling for FGs instead of TDs.

Even on a day when our team played crappy and lost, they had a chance to win the game at the end. That's pretty good considering how poorly they played.

However, anyone who calls out Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin, Perry Fewell, Kevin Gilbride or Eli Manning over one lost game is an idiot. They are all human, they all make mistakes. However, they are all proven winners and I would take their side over yours any day. And I thank God you are not in charge of this team. You'd run it into the ground faster than Jerry Jones.

The key phrase is LEVEL HEADED

Nice post. Thats pretty much where I'm at. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to say anything because I'm a moderator, and I should not have an opinion about the team I've been a fan of for 40 years. They had a bad game and lost. Thats fine, because as was said a few times already, they still only lost by 4 points. Yes, they have not been playing well as of late, especially this past week, but it could be a LOT worse.

This thread was not intended to call anyone out. It was a call to those who continue to completely and totally overreact and blow this board up with screaming rants after each and every loss. I apologize that so many of you took it as some kind of character assasination, but what I said is 100% true. I want them to win every game too, but it's not going to happen. I want them to play like rock stars every week, but it's not going to happen. 6-3, with this schedule, is outstanding. This team and this coaching staff have at least one ring each, and many of them have 2. Losing should not cause anyone to completely short circuit and start screaming about firing coaches and cutting players. That kind of reaction is seriously embarrassing, and it happens after every single loss. The game, and the boards, would be so much more enjoyable for you, and everyone else, if you guys didn't set such lofty, unrealistic expectations for this team. There is never any justification for what goes on in here after a loss. No excuse will ever cover it.

And to answer an earlier question, yes, I do believe that Eli will be in Canton someday. He's very close now, but he needs a couple more years to get his stats a tad bit higher to cement his place. Thats just an opinion. Take it for what its worth. Once more, apologies to anyone who has been offended by my commentary.

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM

Thats fine. If you see it as hypocritical, then thats how you'll see it. Thanks for the support. I know you're not one to cause problems. As for me being insulted, you have no idea just how much I'm not. You'd have a better understanding if you had to clean this crap up. I can promise you that much.

FBomb
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Thats fine. If you see it as hypocritical, then thats how you'll see it. Thanks for the support. I know you're not one to cause problems. As for me being insulted, you have no idea just how much I'm not. You'd have a better understanding if you had to clean this crap up. I can promise you that much.

I do not envy your responsibilities. You take a lot of **** from people. Like Morehead, I hate to see you let them get to you.

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
i love how this is his "cleaning the mess up"...truth be told ppl dont even do what hes claiming, truth be told ppl just have diff opinions and are as passionate and intense in stating so. Both sides feel their personal opinion is the "truth". I mean even in this very thread, posters were enacting exactly as diehard, stating whats wrong with this team in their own personal level of doing so to whci diehard responded thats its "ot as bad or how he said it was". Hes "wearing rose colored glasses" here too i guess?
Now suppose we do finish under. 500 and the team just flat sucks. At the end of the season, would u diehard, be cool with bparcells making the same op u did and aimed it at u bc u didnt feel it was as bad as he made it out to be?

We r dealing w opinions 99% of the time. The mod tag means nothing in regard to that, urs is just another opinion. And im sure u could find posters here who are on both sides of the spectrum in extremity with ur opinion falling inbetween the two...
only thing is, as i and others feel, mods shouldnt be acting like this and if u want to just give up the mod tag. Otherwise i think the inmates running the asylum is a fitting anology

Why would I give it up? If I couldn't handle the hysteria, I wouldn't do it.

Do me a favor though. Stop stirring the pot. You were warned previously, and I dont need you attacking me through other people. If you have something to say to me, tell me directly, but if you're going to keep on taking cheap jabs and suggesting that I step down, it'll be a short week. Fair enough?

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I do not envy your responsibilities. You take a lot of **** from people. Like Morehead, I hate to see you let them get to you.

The ridiculous, baseless overreacting rants get on my nerves, but not to the point where I lose sleep. When that starts to happen, you'll hear about my resignation immediately

FBomb
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Do me a favor though. Stop stirring the pot. You were warned previously, and I dont need you attacking me through other people. If you have something to say to me, tell me directly, but if you're going to keep on taking cheap jabs and suggesting that I step down, it'll be a short week. Fair enough?

eh...he's just gets excited when he can agree with me on something. ;)

GameTime
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
wow....

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM

WHAT? Lol, im merely responding to the course the op has led us. And im not saying u, im saying mods in general. U hardly ever post. If a mod wants to act like the people he bans, then he just shouldnt be a mod. Think thats blatant.
u made a post about how all these rose colored glass wearing people are crashing to earth and this loss proves it and people like u have to clean it up...in my personal opinion, if that was how i felt and was openly criticalical id just not be a mod and continue on with it.
but to sit here, make the post u did, as a mod, then threaten a week vacation merely bc im presenting a diff opinion than urs that focuses on the same subject...well i think the defense rests bc i dont want to end up like chaoist
Edit pls go back and reread the post u quoted. I dunno how that comes across as stirring the pot or attacking u. Wasnt my intwnt my bad if it came off like that. Merely carrying on a thought fbomb had

Kez Simpson
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. I use to not even post on these boards for long stretches due to the knee-jerk reactions some of the fans have here. After a lost, we have topics calling for the heads of our coaching staff, to cut players, A few arm chair coaches think they can do a better job than proven NFL coaches and assistants is ridiculous. I was in the game chat and this one guy was calling the game over at halftime;now that's bananas isn't it? The fans that kill me are the ones who jump on other fans because they were "right" about the Giants issues. We can second guess and play Devil's advocate all day about this team, but when it comes down to it this team is resilient. They will bounce back, and we will win games. its not the end of the world like some fans make it out to be.

Morehead State
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. I use to not even post on these boards for long stretches due to the knee-jerk reactions some of the fans have here. After a lost, we have topics calling for the heads of our coaching staff, to cut players, A few arm chair coaches think they can do a better job than proven NFL coaches and assistants is ridiculous. I was in the game chat and this one guy was calling the game over at halftime;now that's bananas isn't it? The fans that kill me are the ones who jump on other fans because they were "right" about the Giants issues. We can second guess and play Devil's advocate all day about this team, but when it comes down to it this team is resilient. They will bounce back, and we will win games. its not the end of the world like some fans make it out to be.

Let people whine. Let them call for coaches heads, let them overreact. Its a Giants MB and we are all irrational fans. Its a nice distraction from the world around us.
BUT STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS.!!!!!!
This "you are a this" or "you always do that" needs to stop. Lets talk about the football and just assume that we mean what we say and that no one has some secret agenda. Its a football message board. We are all Giants fans. there are no "sides". We're all on the same side for God's sake. The side of Giants blue.
And when someone starts a thread that seems to be an overreaction, its just a frustrated fan who loves his team. That's all it is. No one is a "hater".
You can criticize them. you can point out why they are overreacting. You can even make fun of them. (that's my personal favorite)

But this personal nonsense has to stop.

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Let people whine. Let them call for coaches heads, let them overreact. Its a Giants MB and we are all irrational fans. Its a nice distraction from the world around us.
This "you are a this" or "you always do that" needs to stop. Lets talk about the football and just assume that we mean what we say and that no one has some secret agenda. Its a football message board. We are all Giants fans. there are no "sides". We're all on the same side for God's sake. The side of Giants blue.
And when someone starts a thread that seems to be an overreaction, its just a frustrated fan who loves his team. That's all it is. No one is a "hater".
You can criticize them. you can point out why they are overreacting. You can even make fun of them. (that's my personal favorite)

But this personal nonsense has to stop.Wow I am shocked MS you made a post I 100% agree with....:)

FBomb
11-06-2012, 06:58 PM
You are a this!!!

Eliscruzzz
11-06-2012, 07:01 PM
You are a this!!!????

Kez Simpson
11-06-2012, 07:01 PM

But this personal nonsense has to stop.

What do you think of eternal defeatist? Or should I say always pessimistic outlook fans. Its a huge bummer for a fan to give up on their team at halftime when they are in the lead.

Nevertheless, I have to agree, personal attacks are unnecessary. I've been guilty of this myself.

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 07:07 PM
What do you think of eternal defeatist? Or should I say always pessimistic outlook fans. Its a huge bummer for a fan to give up on their team at halftime when they are in the lead.

Nevertheless, I have to agree, personal attacks are unnecessary. I've been guilty of this myself.
as have i and its something i think no one looks back on proudly. Things can get so heated. This is pretty much the only place i lose my cool its bc we got hundreds of passionate people with their own unique thoughts. Sometimes i dont give certain ideas a chance bc its not my own, sucks and something no one tries to do. Just such a melting pot. I will say this, even in our feuds, this mb i feel is much more civilized and of better quality than any of tne two other mb ive been to in my life, dallas and phillys mbs lol

TheEnigma
11-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Groups, cliques, cults, I imagine every MB has them to a certain extent. I'm sure there are fights between the Nick Foles lovers and the Vick camp on the EMB. Cowboys fans probably argue over whether to resign Romo or trade up for Matt Barkely. People will remember you for what topic you discuss the most and then assign you a tag or title.

As for the irrational behavior from fans after a game, let them vent. I know I yell some things at the TV that I regret saying 2 plays later but some people also take this emotional outburst to the forums and let it all out here. I really do wish people would stop telling others how to behave or implying that if you don't act like this, you aren't a true fan and it's time to root for the Jets. As long as you want the Giants to win it all no matter the cost and even if you end up wrong with some of your personal predictions, you're fine with me.

Captain Chaos
11-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Jumped ship!

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Groups, cliques, cults, I imagine every MB has them to a certain extent. I'm sure there are fights between the Nick Foles lovers and the Vick camp on the EMB. Cowboys fans probably argue over whether to resign Romo or trade up for Matt Barkely. People will remember you for what topic you discuss the most and then assign you a tag or title.

As for the irrational behavior from fans after a game, let them vent. I know I yell some things at the TV that I regret saying 2 plays later but some people also take this emotional outburst to the forums and let it all out here. I really do wish people would stop telling others how to behave or implying that if you don't act like this, you aren't a true fan and it's time to root for the Jets. As long as you want the Giants to win it all no matter the cost and even if you end up wrong with some of your personal predictions, you're fine with me.
nice post

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
WHAT? Lol, im merely responding to the course the op has led us. And im not saying u, im saying mods in general. U hardly ever post. If a mod wants to act like the people he bans, then he just shouldnt be a mod. Think thats blatant.
u made a post about how all these rose colored glass wearing people are crashing to earth and this loss proves it and people like u have to clean it up...in my personal opinion, if that was how i felt and was openly criticalical id just not be a mod and continue on with it.
but to sit here, make the post u did, as a mod, then threaten a week vacation merely bc im presenting a diff opinion than urs that focuses on the same subject...well i think the defense rests bc i dont want to end up like chaoist
Edit pls go back and reread the post u quoted. I dunno how that comes across as stirring the pot or attacking u. Wasnt my intwnt my bad if it came off like that. Merely carrying on a thought fbomb had

I'm an educated man. Don't use the "who, me?" act as if I wasn't. Sometimes, it's simply better to not comment when the conversation doesn't concern you in the slightest, especially since you're already on thin ice. Chaosist? Really? STILL not over it?! This is precisely what I'm talking about. He was banned because he couldn't stop running his mouth and starting trouble. If you don't want to "end up like Chaosist", you are certainly going about it in the wrong way, because you are following a very similar path.

I act like the people I ban? Thats rich, and if you really believe it, you have issues, my man. I'd be cursing you out and calling you every name in the book, which is what the 3 total people I've banned(not counting the hundreds of spam accounts) did repeatedly. You think I'm trigger happy and that I ban everyone, and all because I get in your face when I feel you get out of line, which has been quite often. Thats on you, not me. I'm VERY fair and objective, and I always give people plenty of chances to turn it around when they screw up. When they ignore the warnings over and over, they go away. Chaosist didnt get it, so he went away. Bringing that up over and over is pathetic, dude. Time to get over it, or simply leave. You choose to stay here, so give it a rest. This is literally the last time I'm going to say it.

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm an educated man. Don't use the "who, me?" act as if I wasn't. Sometimes, it's simply better to not comment when the conversation doesn't concern you in the slightest, especially since you're already on thin ice. Chaosist? Really? STILL not over it?! This is precisely what I'm talking about. He was banned because he couldn't stop running his mouth and starting trouble. If you don't want to "end up like Chaosist", you are certainly going about it in the wrong way, because you are following a very similar path.

I act like the people I ban? Thats rich, and if you really believe it, you have issues, my man. I'd be cursing you out and calling you every name in the book, which is what the 3 total people I've banned(not counting the hundreds of spam accounts) did repeatedly. You think I'm trigger happy and that I ban everyone, and all because I get in your face when I feel you get out of line, which has been quite often. Thats on you, not me. I'm VERY fair and objective, and I always give people plenty of chances to turn it around when they screw up. When they ignore the warnings over and over, they go away. Chaosist didnt get it, so he went away. Bringing that up over and over is pathetic, dude. Time to get over it, or simply leave. You choose to stay here, so give it a rest. This is literally the last time I'm going to say it.
dude, u need to reread the posts ur quoting me on. I clearly said i wasnt even really talking about u bc u rarely post here. I stated that MODS IN GENERAL...would u disagree with my point from that perspective? Over it. I think im beginning to understand where the problem is arising from.
and lemme ask u to look at this objectively, do u realize ur threatening to ban me solely bc i mentioned a posters name? You had no issue making public i used the report button and no a poster tracks me down every other day with the whole narc bs. And even beyond that, u get posters remarking about me in threads im not even involved in, calling me elis girlfriend -rosie.
but bc i mention his name, what happened must be very touchy for u bc to say i dont want to end up like him, well i dont. Its the truth. U r reading posts and acting like theyre attacks when imho, they are much less tame than comments u make and ur a mod, whcih brings me back to the main point im trying to make, reread the two posts u have a prob with for some reason, possibly bc its me posting it i dunno

giantsfan420
11-06-2012, 08:44 PM
And just a question to a mod about a mod. Ud be alright banning me for discussing the topic u created w/o attacking anyone?? Seriously man i think u need to look at this from more than just ur angle. U know we all feel we are fair and unbiased right? Just bc u feel that way doesnt make it true just as it doesnt make it true that my opinions are always valid, unbiased, objective points

Die-Hard
11-06-2012, 09:01 PM
dude, u need to reread the posts ur quoting me on. I clearly said i wasnt even really talking about u bc u rarely post here. I stated that MODS IN GENERAL...would u disagree with my point from that perspective? Over it. I think im beginning to understand where the problem is arising from.
and lemme ask u to look at this objectively, do u realize ur threatening to ban me solely bc i mentioned a posters name? You had no issue making public i used the report button and no a poster tracks me down every other day with the whole narc bs. And even beyond that, u get posters remarking about me in threads im not even involved in, calling me elis girlfriend -rosie.
but bc i mention his name, what happened must be very touchy for u bc to say i dont want to end up like him, well i dont. Its the truth. U r reading posts and acting like theyre attacks when imho, they are much less tame than comments u make and ur a mod, whcih brings me back to the main point im trying to make, reread the two posts u have a prob with for some reason, possibly bc its me posting it i dunno

There you go again. You think I'm threatening you because you mentioned Chaosist? Its a touchy subject for me? I haven't, nor will I ever, give that guy a second thought. Again, I'm educated, so don't address me as if I wasn't. YOU brought him up, not me, and whenever you feel 'threatened' by what I say to you, his name automatically comes up, and in a blatantly transparent and sarcastic way.

Admittedly, you have improved in recent times, but make no mistake: I haven't forgotten how you used to act not just toward me, but many other people, and I still see a lot of that same behavior coming from you, but just under the surface. I do keep an eye on certain posters who have created problems in the past. You can say that you aren't attacking me, but in a way, you are doing just that, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. I'm ok banning anyone who ignores repeated warnings. I dont enjoy it, but it's part of what I agreed to do, and I wont lose any sleep over someone who cant control what they say.

This is the end of it. The thread is being locked. I should have known better.