PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking out wins have masked the team's deficiencies for too long.

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Finally, without Eli bailing out the hail-mary passing scheme of Gilbride in the 4th quarter, the end-product you witness is as ugly as it can be.

People tend to overlook Gilbride's incredibly inferior scheme because of the talent of the players and 2 Super Bowls they have managed in spite of Gilbride, but let's not forget that in each Super Bowl game they needed miracle drives by Eli in the 4th quarter. The offensive production leading up to that final drive is best described as PUTRID.

But it has become too obvious now, and it seems that the scheme is getting even worse, now all Eli seems to be doing is throwing all these hail-mary passes even on 3rd and 1! I mean if this isn't an indication that there's something terribly wrong with the scheme that only caters to long-range passing on any situation, the Steelers have just showed you why it's so inferior and flawed.

As for the running game, the OL is a part of the problem, we've seen Andre Brown run a lot tonight and it's basically the same thing Bradshaw has been facing, so let's end this nonsense about Brown being the starter, Bradshaw is not to be blamed.

Regardless of Gilbride's horrific scheme, the offense has been struggling for the last 3 games and Eli is at the center of that struggle.

I don't think this is something that can be fixed over-night as long as Gilbride is the offensive coordinator, he'll just brush tonight's game aside as a fluke loss when all the close wins the team has gotten for him is the actual fluke part.

I don't see this team as a championship team anymore, the evidence has piled up way too much now. The offense clearly isn't as good as people think it is, and while I like how the defense has been playing, they are still mediocre most of the time and can't be trusted to stop any decent QBs who isn't named Romo.

The biggest problem going forward is that Eli has lost confidence in his passing game, and without him getting back into his 4th quarter Eli form we are potentially looking at the beginning of a losing streak.

As for the next game vs. Bengals, they are legit and hungry and angry and desperate, Giants will have to play like champions to have a chance.

Oh, and lastly my prediction was right once again, Steelers beat the Giants.

I will make a prediction for the next game as soon as I get all the data and info. I need to form the most amazingly accurate and precise prediction going in this forum, stay tuned.

BMW
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Congrats on your prediction Nostradamus, did you see the giants as a championship team last year before the playoffs also?

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Congrats on your prediction Nostradamus, did you see the giants as a championship team last year before the playoffs also?
I usually make the predictions on the upcoming game, not the 4th game away in the playoffs, because I don't know who the team will be facing. DUH.

BMW
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
You predict that giants will lose every game, I guess eventually it's easy to be right. Congrats.

Martyr
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
This game shouldn't have been anywhere close. The giants should have been killed but the refs saved them.

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
You predict that giants will lose every game, I guess eventually it's easy to be right. Congrats.
No I haven't, pay attention.

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
This game shouldn't have been anywhere close. The giants should have been killed but the refs saved them.
Yeah, the refs really tried their best to hand the game over to the Giants, it's too bad the offense is run by Gilbride.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Seeing as there are only 2 scenarious: win or lose, it doesnt take a genius to be right Lol. I predicted the Giants loss too....big f'in deal. We got our butts whooped an I do agree that this offense is absolutely a disgrace at the moment. I have no idea how it got so bad but its BAD

SuperNYGiants
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Seeing as there are only 2 scenarious: win or lose, it doesnt take a genius to be right Lol. I predicted the Giants loss too....big f'in deal. We got our butts whooped an I do agree that this offense is absolutely a disgrace at the moment. I have no idea how it got so bad but its BAD
I'm a genius because I can predict the score too, I was only off by 1 point each on Redskins game. I don't make a prediction on every game, only the ones that I feel like making, and so far this season I'm right 100%. You are not even close to my level.

nycisgreat
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Finally, without Eli bailing out the hail-mary passing scheme of Gilbride in the 4th quarter, the end-product you witness is as ugly as it can be.

People tend to overlook Gilbride's incredibly inferior scheme because of the talent of the players and 2 Super Bowls they have managed in spite of Gilbride, but let's not forget that in each Super Bowl game they needed miracle drives by Eli in the 4th quarter. The offensive production leading up to that final drive is best described as PUTRID.

But it has become too obvious now, and it seems that the scheme is getting even worse, now all Eli seems to be doing is throwing all these hail-mary passes even on 3rd and 1! I mean if this isn't an indication that there's something terribly wrong with the scheme that only caters to long-range passing on any situation, the Steelers have just showed you why it's so inferior and flawed.

As for the running game, the OL is a part of the problem, we've seen Andre Brown run a lot tonight and it's basically the same thing Bradshaw has been facing, so let's end this nonsense about Brown being the starter, Bradshaw is not to be blamed.

Regardless of Gilbride's horrific scheme, the offense has been struggling for the last 3 games and Eli is at the center of that struggle.

I don't think this is something that can be fixed over-night as long as Gilbride is the offensive coordinator, he'll just brush tonight's game aside as a fluke loss when all the close wins the team has gotten for him is the actual fluke part.

I don't see this team as a championship team anymore, the evidence has piled up way too much now. The offense clearly isn't as good as people think it is, and while I like how the defense has been playing, they are still mediocre most of the time and can't be trusted to stop any decent QBs who isn't named Romo.

The biggest problem going forward is that Eli has lost confidence in his passing game, and without him getting back into his 4th quarter Eli form we are potentially looking at the beginning of a losing streak.

As for the next game vs. Bengals, they are legit and hungry and angry and desperate, Giants will have to play like champions to have a chance.

Oh, and lastly my prediction was right once again, Steelers beat the Giants.

I will make a prediction for the next game as soon as I get all the data and info. I need to form the most amazingly accurate and precise prediction going in this forum, stay tuned.

I agree. We have been getting bailed out for far to long. Things need to change. The offense is very predictable right now. There isn't an element of surprise.