PDA

View Full Version : Last year's "vaunted" linebacker class

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
J Will = MIA (injured?)

Greg Jones = off team

Herzlich = only good on special teams

Paysinger = special teamer

We need to start drafting a good lb corp in higher rounds.

slipknottin
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Who said last year had a vaunted LB class?

J Will was the only guy that showed any potential on defense, and he has played very well, just has had a couple injuries this season.

Really injuries have been the biggest issue, Rivers is a constant injury case.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Williams is a keeper, just a bad year injury wise.

Tmurda1984
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Who said last year had a vaunted LB class?

J Will was the only guy that showed any potential on defense, and he has played very well, just has had a couple injuries this season.

Really injuries have been the biggest issue, Rivers is a constant injury case.

Fans classified Greg Jones as the next London Fletcher and believed he was better than Goff and Blackburn LOL

Herzlich was a guy that sooo many fans were drooling over and there was sooo many posts about why we didnt draft him.

Buddy333
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
That still doesn't mean it was a vaunted LB draft class.

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 09:51 PM

Look up the definition of vaunted...

Guys were praising this lb class like Reese struck gold in a coal mine.

Now here we are and none are realky contributing outside of special teams.

Buddy333
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't remember the board of FANS saying this was the best LB group we have ever seen, and a message board full of fans does not make that a vaunted class.

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
I don't remember the board of FANS saying this was the best LB group we have ever seen, and a message board full of fans does not make that a vaunted class.

Fans were LOVING this class especially when they all made the team. You must not have been on the board around that time if you dont remember how crazy this board was about those backers.

Buddy333
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
People liked them but no one was calling them he next great LB group.

slipknottin
11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I thought they got a couple good STs players and J Will would be a future starter at weakside.

rtr1105
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I know he was drafted in 2010, but what about Clint Sintim? He was supposed to be pretty good but injuries hurt him. And JWill is the only guy you mentioned that's good. He's got good speed and could make tackles.

Eliscruzzz
11-04-2012, 10:22 PM
KP was missed today and J-Will

slipknottin
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
I know he was drafted in 2010, but what about Clint Sintim? He was supposed to be pretty good but injuries hurt him. And JWill is the only guy you mentioned that's good. He's got good speed and could make tackles.

Sintim was awful. Even when he was healthy

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
KP was missed today and J-Will

Those guys dont play offense. Their absence had nothing to do with the loss.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
JR and the scouting teams philosophy is to build a strong D-line and secondary so that the weakness at LB will go unnoticed. Is it working??..very debatable

VBGiantsFan
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
JR and the scouting teams philosophy is to build a strong D-line and secondary so that the weakness at LB will go unnoticed. Is it working??..very debatable

It might work if our secondary wasnt gashed every game and our line wasnt swiss cheese against the run.

bearbryant
11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeh, a real vaunted claass... Herlweitz looked lost out thwere today and gave up some huge plays, everyone of the other LB's didn't think tackling was part of their job today. You let redman have an all-pro 100+ yd day: unheard of; wastes total wastes.The entire dewfensive line got pushed up and down the field by pitts O line. But what was worse was their laCK OF FIRE WHEN GOING AFTER THE BALL CARRIER. hORRIBLE. aND PLEASE TELL ME: " WHY DID WE ACTIVATE bECKUM? tHE GUY DOESN'T FIT HERE. wAKE UP rEESE. We need more TE's like Bennett but coach him up, man. So much more but just can't spend the energy, nitey-night

BigJ
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Completly agree, vaunted is the best word to use. This group was praised and it was our "future" and we were "stacked. Yes he is right most people on these boards said this and agreed with the ones who did. We all say how the Giants value the LB position any more cause we don't need to and its only cause the line is so good.. Maybe they should draft one higher then the 6th round and we would be ok. I can't believe how bad Hertz played. That put the Chase vs Hertz argument to rest. Also u wanna see a LB they should of thought about picking up watch Bruce Carter right now on the Cowboys...... We wound up picking up Marvin Austin the same round that bum.... And yes people were saying many times this was the best LB group we have had in a very long time. So quickly everyone forgets haha wow

BigJ
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
That's actually exaxtly what it was. It is the perfect word to use