PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fan stopping by . . .

Preacher
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to come by and say that after a week like that, my hat's off to the team and the fans (and on that note, know my prayers are with you too). I thought the Giants had completely stolen the momentum going into halftime and we were going to lose the game.

Also wanted to note the class move by a couple Giants (didn't see who they were) when Rainey (Steelers RB) was injured. Don't know if you all saw it, but a couple Giant players came over and got the attention of the Steelers to go pray in the middle of the field. Don't care about what people believe, that's a class move no matter what.

On the game itself, Your lines (O and D) scared me. I thought we'd get eaten up out there (and somewhat did). Eli had an off game, but our defense and especially our DB's have really come on strong as of late, and without the normal prep time for Eli, I'm not sure I'd be blaming him for this game.

Except for the one play, your DB's did a good job shutting down the speed of our receivers as well.

Who knows, we may meet up again this year.

Oh, and from the bottom of my heart, thanks for the two SB wins against the Pats*

BigBlue1971
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
thanks for stopping by Preach. we all knew this would be a tough game!

congrats to you guys! you guys are always in the game with your team!

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Class post man. If there is one team I can accept losing to, it's the Steelers. We'll try our best to take down the Ravens for you later on.

BigBlue wins
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Steelers were the better team today. Grats on the win.

Die-Hard
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the win, and thanks for stopping by! The Steelers were the better team, and played as such.

Giants Brazil
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Congratulations, the Steelers deserved the win, outplayed the Giants in all aspects of the game. If refs didn't call that phantom PI that led to the tying touchdown, it might not have been close.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
GTFO, now

miked1958
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Nope even though we led most of that game we all knew it Ws just a matter of time for the steelers to over take us ans win. We were dominated in all 3 phases of the game

GMENAGAIN
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
GTFO, now

His one post is better than all of yours combined

Beelzeboss
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Classy post preacher, congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the way.

rtr1105
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Just wanted to come by and say that after a week like that, my hat's off to the team and the fans (and on that note, know my prayers are with you too). I thought the Giants had completely stolen the momentum going into halftime and we were going to lose the game.

Also wanted to note the class move by a couple Giants (didn't see who they were) when Rainey (Steelers RB) was injured. Don't know if you all saw it, but a couple Giant players came over and got the attention of the Steelers to go pray in the middle of the field. Don't care about what people believe, that's a class move no matter what.

On the game itself, Your lines (O and D) scared me. I thought we'd get eaten up out there (and somewhat did). Eli had an off game, but our defense and especially our DB's have really come on strong as of late, and without the normal prep time for Eli, I'm not sure I'd be blaming him for this game.

Except for the one play, your DB's did a good job shutting down the speed of our receivers as well.

Oh, and from the bottom of my heart, thanks for the two SB wins against the Pats*

It's always nice seeing opposing players gathering together to pray for an injured player. Thanks for the post. I was checking in on the ESPN conversation throughout the game and the Steelers fans there were awful. The whole game they were crying "rigged" and getting mad at the refs. It's always good to see a fan who actually respects their opponents. My hat goes off to you guys, you played well and deserved it.

G.I. Ants
11-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Steelers did their thing today.

Preacher
11-04-2012, 09:48 PM
It's always nice seeing opposing players gathering together to pray for an injured player. Thanks for the post. I was checking in on the ESPN conversation throughout the game and the Steelers fans there were awful. The whole game they were crying "rigged" and getting mad at the refs. It's always good to see a fan who actually respects their opponents. My hat goes off to you guys, you played well and deserved it.

True - and yeah, on my home board there were a few people posting that. Most of them admit it was just "in the moment" at this point. I mean, a few of the calls were big, and head scratchers, but in the end, the only one that didn't make sense was the PI call. Clark is going to keep getting his big hits called (even when they're legal), until he can prove that he isn't taking head shots anymore. So while it was a bad call, I can completely understand why it was called.

Class post man. If there is one team I can accept losing to, it's the Steelers. We'll try our best to take down the Ravens for you later on.

Thanks, and thanks. Though trust me, as much as I hate the Ravens, I'd gladly trade that for another smackdown of the Pats* in the SB if we don't make it. (Can anyone tell there's a bit of festering bitterness there?)

Nope even though we led most of that game we all knew it Ws just a matter of time for the steelers to over take us ans win. We were dominated in all 3 phases of the game

Funny, I think we were feeling just the opposite. Do you know how many times we see this "Great" defense play unbelievably for the first 50 minutes of a game, then let teams drive for the score and the win? The last three games (including this one) are the only three this year where that may have been a possibility, but didn't actually happen. Going back to the playoffs in '08, it's been the bane of our defense's existence.

Honestly, except for special teams, I wouldn't say dominated at all. The stats don't reflect what happened on the field tonight as much as the score does, and it really was a game that could have gone either way.

woocrew
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Classy post Preacher Congrats to you and the steelers good luck the rest of the season and maybe you are right the Giants and Steelers may see each other down the road

alentown pa
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM

yea hard to hate on pittsburg...and they had some big names missing, good win for them, they are a lot like the giants when it comes to being a tough physical team, that is well coached and well run...I wish this game was in pittsburg actually.

mike kennedy
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM

You forgot to mention the gutless and plausibly non factored play calling by the great Gilbride!

Sarcasman
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Congratulations, the Steelers deserved the win, outplayed the Giants in all aspects of the game. If refs didn't call that phantom PI that led to the tying touchdown, it might not have been close.

I must have missed that one.

Preacher
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
You forgot to mention the gutless and plausibly non factored play calling by the great Gilbride!

:D There's a reason we didn't make the playoffs the two years he was our OC! BTW - will be in Tucson on Tuesday. Pretty good weather down there right now.

Toadofsteel
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM

Thanks for the prayers. Hopefully Rainey will be back on his feet soon too...

GFiP
11-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Congrats on the win.But no is scared of our o line but you.