PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the coaching staff see Diehl shouldn't start?

WinterIsComing
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
What I don't understand is why they believe his skills are better than Locklear's? (Who has played RT most of his career btw) Diehl's blocking performance is also rated at some of the lowest in the league by services like pro football focus. I'm all for loyalty, but not at the expense of it costing this team games.

GFiP
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Coughlin is very stubborn, that's why.

CowboysSuck
11-04-2012, 09:14 PM
its despicable and i take it as a slight to all NYG fans. Thank you TC, for being an *******.

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
TC isn't doing any favors for Diehl letting him play at this point of his career. The more he plays, the less people will remember him for when he was good.

Moke
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I actually forgot when Diehl was good...

Gmen 802
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Awful. I swear he takes his first step back in pass protection when Eli's already taken like 3-5. Not saying we lost because of him playing but out of all the personnel groups on a football team your O-line's chemistry needs to be the most solid and consistent. Shuffling what was already a successful lineup is just not a good decision. Especially playing a solid defense like the Steelers

Flip Empty
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Ordinarily I trust whichever decisions the coaches make, but this one just didn't seem to make any sense at all. God forbid he starts again next week...

SackingMyths
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Diehl's blocking performance is also rated at some of the lowest in the league by services like pro football focus.

You're being too kind...he's the WORST over the past 3 seasons in pass blocking. Why not throw him in there against the Steelers? Not like they can get after the passer or anything...

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/7/14/3158884/new-york-giants-david-diehl-worst-pass-blocking-tackle-pro-football

nycisgreat
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Ordinarily I trust whichever decisions the coaches make, but this one just didn't seem to make any sense at all. God forbid he starts again next week...

I agree. I am fine with the decisions the coaches make except for starting Deihl and splitting carries to between the RBs equally.

TheEnigma
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM

I'd say the first half of 2009. He started to break down in the second half of that season.

GreenZone
11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
its despicable and i take it as a slight to all NYG fans. Thank you TC, for being an *******.

Yeah, let's have Giants fans coach the team. The superiority here far surpasses anything TC could do.

At least the fans watch and study every play, as opposed to the Giant coaching staff, who were extremely lucky to win two Superbowls in recent history. I'm sure that the brilliant posters here will see both the good and the bad and the staff will be taking notes.

BG61
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Seemed to me earlier this week by reading quotes that Killdrive didn't want to put Diehl back in the lineup but Coughlin forced the issue.

BG61
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I first noticed how bad he was getting towards the end of 2008. D Ware abused him bad in a SNF loss at Dallas late in the season and Philly abused him in the playoffs.