PDA

View Full Version : Some of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Can you believe a Captain of a football team would make a comment like that to the press?:

ďHonestly, Iím standing up here and Iím babbling because I donít know how to answer your questions. I really donít know what to tell you,Ē defensive end Justin Tuck said. ďSome of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē

Why not say what needs to be said & get it out & over with. I believe the fans are owed an explanation when they come out & lay down like they did yesterday.

Be a man Tuck. Be a leader. Somebody on this team besides Rolles needs to step up to the plate. The sands are pouring through the hour glass. Only 5 days before the season could be completely over & what a dissapointment that would be especially having to get it rubbed in our noses all year from fellow New York Citizens who you work with every single waking day of your life if you work 7 days a week like most of us have to do now to stay afloat.

MikeIsaGiant
12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic

buddy33
12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself.

If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division?

There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry.

A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started.

The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time.....
IT AINT HAPPENING

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself.

If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division?

There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week.

My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process &amp; do it quickly before the coaching &amp; player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING</P>

Airing dirty laundry is not the solution. It has backfired on this team every single time it has happened and damaged the psyche of the team more than saying nothing ever did.</P>

TuckYou
12-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Tuck is a great player that was hit hard by the injury bug this year. Neck, groin, ankle, and toe. He is trying but admits he is not himself. If you want him to speak the truth he would say that they are simply not a good team and that's why they are losing. Do you think that would be a smart thing to say while they still have a chance to win their division? There it is. They are not a good team. Can't expect him to say it now while they are still in it. See what they start saying if the get eliminated this week. My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......</P>

All of the above.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:45 PM
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING</P>

Airing dirty laundry is not the solution. It has backfired on this team every single time it has happened and damaged the psyche of the team more than saying nothing ever did.</P>

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad.

If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.

threenout
12-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Tuck's bags are packed...her is ready to start his winter vacation.

That's leadership for you.

buddy33

My next question to him would be "Why aren't you a good team"? Is it a lack of talent, lack of coaching, lack of execution, lack of committment, lack of discipline, lack of true leadership, lack of focus, lack of luck, etc.......

Maybe all of the above, but I think they would be a much better team had TT not torn his ACL, Weatherspoon doesn't tear his ACL in the same game as TT, Prince doesn't break his foot, Goff doesn't tear his ACL, and Tuck stayed healthy.

That would have made them get better pressure in the QB, be a better run defense, and a better pass defense. Not saying they would be ranked #1, but even if they where ranked #15-#20 they could have 2 more wins right now.

GMENAGAIN
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process &amp; do it quickly before the coaching &amp; player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING</P>

This is asinine . . . a true leader would air out the locker room dirty laundry in the press? </P>

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 02:52 PM

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what &amp; sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck &amp; quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.</P>

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though thatspilling yourgut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer. A leader is a presnce on the sidelines and in the lockeroom who picks his guys up and inspires them. This is not accomplished by going to the media and throwing teammates and coaches under the bus.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING</P>

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.</P>

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though that*spilling your*gut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.</P>

There's an old saying that could apply here...
YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN....

Get it off you chest & see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway.

At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss.

SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.

JimC
12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I want to burn his jersey, so pathetic Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry. A true leader would start that process &amp; do it quickly before the coaching &amp; player carresel gets started. The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time..... IT AINT HAPPENING</p>

Airing dirty laundry is not the solution. It has backfired on this team every single time it has happened and damaged the psyche of the team more than saying nothing ever did.</p>

We have seen this end of season performance two years in a row. If history has anything to say...the Gmen will lose the next two games in embarrassing fashion.

Why do teams like KC, Indy, Miami, the Eagles somehow find the guts along to way to fight and get wins while we just feel sorry for ourselves and lose? I am starting to get the feeling that being embarrassed is not that bad a feeling for this team. Damn it....you owe the fans more than this!!!!

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 02:59 PM

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what &amp; sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck &amp; quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.</P>

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though thatspilling yourgut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.</P>

There's an old saying that could apply here... YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN.... Get it off you chest &amp; see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway. At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss. SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.</P>

What will alienating his team do to spark them? They would all turn on him and say he is a softy who's missed a lot of playing time this year due to injuries and who is he to talk about his teammates who may have played more through injuries than him and have played better quality of football than he has sniffed all year.</P>

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM

We have seen this end of season performance two years in a row. If history has anything to say...the Gmen will lose the next two games in embarrassing fashion.

Why do teams like KC, Indy, Miami, the Eagles somehow find the guts along to way to fight and get wins while we just feel sorry for ourselves and lose? I am starting to get the feeling that being embarrassed is not that bad a feeling for this team. Damn it....you owe the fans more than this!!!!
</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>And going to the media and throwing your teammates under the bus is the way to go.</FONT> I don't see how what you are saying has anything to do with Tuck not airing lockeroom dirt. If people think Tuck airing dirt will suddenly reverse an 8 year trend of games like yesterday you are all living in fantasy land. People on this team have aired dirt before and it blew up in their face.Airing dirtnever changed a damn thing in the past with this squad and it won't magically work now.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM

OH YEAH, I guess it's better to sit at the end of the bench with your head up your you no what & sulk. Yeah that's much better; my bad. If you look like a loser guess what you get? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck & quacks like a duck; well guess what it is? A LOSER.</P>

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though that*spilling your*gut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.</P>

There's an old saying that could apply here... YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN.... Get it off you chest & see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway. At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss. SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.</P>

What will alienating his team do to spark them? They would all turn on him and say he is a softy who's missed a lot of playing time this year due to injuries and who is he to talk about his teammates who may have played more through injuries than him and have played better quality of football than he has sniffed all year.</P>

I'll play devils advocate with that statement. He could get mad dog mean & go out & play the game of his career just to prove the doubting Thomas's wrong too.

Something has to change. The definition of insanity applies with this team.

THEY CAN NOT CONTINUE DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER & OVER & EXPECT A DIFFERNT RESULT.

Go all in what else to they have to lose?

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 03:06 PM

I don't disagree Tuck is one joke of a leader. I disagree though thatspilling yourgut feelings that airs dirty laundry of your lockeroom to the media is leadership. To me that is the opposite, a cancer.</P>

There's an old saying that could apply here... YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN.... Get it off you chest &amp; see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway. At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss. SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.</P>

I'll play devils advocate with that statement. He could get mad dog mean &amp; go out &amp; play the game of his career just to prove the doubting Thomas's wrong too. Something has to change. The definition of insanity applies with this team. THEY CAN NOT CONTINUE DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER &amp; OVER &amp; EXPECT A DIFFERNT RESULT. Go all in what else to they have to lose?</P>

Every time someone spoke up about dirt on this team it blew up the team and embarassed themselves worse than if they had said nothing. Tuck is a shell of his normal self, he will not be able to play a game of his life at any point in the next two weeks and if they happen to make the playoffs at any point in the tournament. He has no leg to stand on literally. Him speaking up about dirt will make things way worse just like it always has.</P>

He has something in his gut to say, say it privately to your teammates and coaches not the media. That is what a good leader does.</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM

There's an old saying that could apply here... YOU CAN'T FIX SOMETHING UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT'S BROKEN.... Get it off you chest & see if it causes any reaction either positive or negative. Anything beats the status quo in my book anyway. At least we could see what it is that's bothering him so badly that he's sulking on the bench @ the end of another loss. SAY IT. JUST SAY IT. PLEASE SAY IT.</P>

I'll play devils advocate with that statement. He could get mad dog mean & go out & play the game of his career just to prove the doubting Thomas's wrong too. Something has to change. The definition of insanity applies with this team. THEY CAN NOT CONTINUE DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER & OVER & EXPECT A DIFFERNT RESULT. Go all in what else to they have to lose?</P>

Every time someone spoke up about dirt on this team it blew up the team and embarassed themselves worse than if they had said nothing. Tuck is a shell of his normal self, he will not be able to play a game of his life at any point in the next two weeks and if they happen to make the playoffs at any point in the tournament. He has no leg to stand on literally. Him speaking up about dirt will make things way worse just like it always has.</P>

He has something in his gut to say, say it privately to your teammates and coaches. That is what a good leader does.</P>

OK I can go with that but for God's sake speak your mind to the coaches & team privately but don't sit there & tell a reporter you have something in your gut but won't say to anyone what the heck it is.

SAY IT & SAY IT NOW NOT AFTER THE SEASON. WE DON'T WON'T TO HEAR THEN TUCK.

BigBlueOnes
12-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Something terrible is going on behind the scenes on this team. It's time to air out the dirty laundry.

A true leader would start that process & do it quickly before the coaching & player carresel gets started.

The #1 problem with this team is they have no true outspoken leader. Trade or draft one is all I can suggest @ this point in time.....
IT AINT HAPPENING

I think you're right. I bet the defense doesn't like Fewell's approach and scheming. They are clearly out of sorts. What do you expect him to do, say "Our DC sucks and is in over his head..." ??

repeatchamps
12-19-2011, 03:30 PM

I'll play devils advocate with that statement. He could get mad dog mean &amp; go out &amp; play the game of his career just to prove the doubting Thomas's wrong too. Something has to change. The definition of insanity applies with this team. THEY CAN NOT CONTINUE DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER &amp; OVER &amp; EXPECT A DIFFERNT RESULT. Go all in what else to they have to lose?</P>

He has something in his gut to say, say it privately to your teammates and coaches. That is what a good leader does.</P>

OK I can go with that but for God's sake speak your mind to the coaches &amp; team privately but don't sit there &amp; tell a reporter you have something in your gut but won't say to anyone what the heck it is. SAY IT &amp; SAY IT NOW NOT AFTER THE SEASON. WE DON'T WON'T TO HEAR THEN TUCK.</P>

Now that I agree with. He has something to say fine, don't tell the media that you have something to say and say nothing. His answer should have been, "as captain and a leader on this team I express and will continue to expressmy gutfeelings and big time concernsto my teammates and coaches. I want to win and am going to have to do a better job getting myself andthis team ready to go."</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM

you don't have to do that in the press.</P>

you can do that in a locker room. great leaders in the NFL have almost always done it in the locker room, especially if you play in a media feeding frenzy like NY.</P>

point is, there's no one that has the respect or the personality to do it right now.</P>

tuck is a great player, he's just not a leader at all. </P>

i mean, not AT ALL.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Nobody on this team knows. Nobody has any answers. Not the players, not the coach. They just don't have an answer.

That statement by Tuck gives me Deja Vu. I'd swear it was last year after the Eagles meltdown (although it may have been during the previous 2009 collapse) some unnamed players in the locker room, who were refusing to be named, didn't want to be "THAT GUY" to throw his teammates and/or coaches under the bus, but that there was something going on that would see the light of day after the season was over. That account was given by multiple Giants beat reporters.

I can't find a link in a quick google search, but I'm positive about this.

Well, we never found out, but here we are a year later in the exact same position.

This is why I hate reporters in general but especially sports reporters. They are privileged to all sorts of inside information and I understand confidence and discretion; but for example they knew about Tiger Woods a LONG TIME before the scandal broke but they covered for him. But they are not doing their jobs as journalists. Those same beat writers last year probably have the inside scoop on what is going on again this year but nobody will open their mouths.

I join your call for somebody on the team or in the organization to spill the beans and let the fan base know why the hell this team is so dysfunctional, because we're all here scratching our heads over it.

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:41 PM

you don't have to do that in the press.</P>

you can do that in a locker room.* great leaders in the NFL have almost always done it in the locker room, especially if you play in a media feeding frenzy like NY.</P>

point is, there's no one that has the respect or the personality to do it right now.</P>

tuck is a great player, he's just not a leader at all.* </P>

i mean, not AT ALL.</P>

Are we saying that NO ONE ON THIS TEAM has the respect or personality to stand up right now & get this thing turned around & quickly?

My God do you know what your referring? There a 53 men on this team surely 1 has earned the respect of the other players. Who ever that is needs to rise above the rest & pull them together or they all need ot be replaced.

It's only a freeking football game; we're not talking about Batan, Little Big Horn or the Alamo. They don't have to ask them to make the ultimate sacrifice of giving up your life.

Just to go out & beat up on the guy across from you until he quits. You do that & you'll win more games than you'll lose.

That's football... beat up on the guy in front of you & win more battles than you lose period. It's not rocket science it's human will against another man's will. Break him & victory is within your grasp.

Morehead State
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Can you believe a Captain of a football team would make a comment like that to the press?: ďHonestly, Iím standing up here and Iím babbling because I donít know how to answer your questions. I really donít know what to tell you,Ē defensive end Justin Tuck said. ďSome of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē Why not say what needs to be said &amp; get it out &amp; over with. I believe the fans are owed an explanation when they come out &amp; lay down like they did yesterday. Be a man Tuck. Be a leader. Somebody on this team besides Rolles needs to step up to the plate. The sands are pouring through the hour glass. Only 5 days before the season could be completely over &amp; what a dissapointment that would be especially having to get it rubbed in our noses all year from fellow New York Citizens who you work with every single waking day of your life if you work 7 days a week like most of us have to do now to stay afloat.</P>

Maybe he thinks that our coaches suck. Do you really want him to say that publicly?</P>

jakegibbs
12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Can you believe a Captain of a football team would make a comment like that to the press?: ďHonestly, Iím standing up here and Iím babbling because I donít know how to answer your questions. I really donít know what to tell you,Ē defensive end Justin Tuck said. ďSome of the things I have in my gut to say, Iíll keep to myself.Ē Why not say what needs to be said & get it out & over with. I believe the fans are owed an explanation when they come out & lay down like they did yesterday. Be a man Tuck. Be a leader. Somebody on this team besides Rolles needs to step up to the plate. The sands are pouring through the hour glass. Only 5 days before the season could be completely over & what a dissapointment that would be especially having to get it rubbed in our noses all year from fellow New York Citizens who you work with every single waking day of your life if you work 7 days a week like most of us have to do now to stay afloat.</P>

Maybe he thinks that our coaches suck.* Do you really want him to say that publicly?</P>

Cleanlyness is next to Godlyness.... If it will clean this mess up then yes please....SAY IT.. SAY IT & MAKE FOLKS RESPOND.

If the D line is wanting more blitzes called on passing downs but have to rush 3 against 6 blockers & are getting 3rd & longs converted over & over & over & over again & the coaches won't listen to the players then by all means

SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT.

If the DB's are wanting to jam the recievers on the line like they did against the Pats & bring 5 & 6 & rush Brady like they did when the held the mighty Pats down in Fox. & the coaches won't listen then by all means.

SAY IT SAY IT

You get my point. It's called employee engagement for employee buy in to what it is you won't to accomplish. The old method of MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY went out of the NFL with Parcells.

SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and god is empty